Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Ah yes pm I'm actually godfather you've CRACKED THE CODE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Tremendous Taste posted:

Ah yes pm I'm actually godfather you've CRACKED THE CODE
I don't think you're godfather, I think you're Survivor who's gotten so tired of this game, he doesn't care how it ends any more just so long as it ends, and by shitposting as much as possible, you're essentially guaranteeing you survive.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
Really though, I was making a joke based off of those two statements. Even if I'm scum and my scumbuddies all vote for Lamp the dude is in no danger of being lynched.

Let me go over the day when I get home and I'll get back to you. ##unvote

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Rascyc posted:

cpig claimed he rb'ed pmush n2 and pmush acknowledged that, nobody else seems to be able to account for any weird swappings that night soooooooooo
So n2 witch or -Beguiler: Target is hit by whatever would hit the Beguiler.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Lampsacus posted:

So people are voting EP based on strong gut whereas op/me is more of a 50/50?

screw it guys you are going to have to vote for one of us eventually. Although I guess if I die tonight you can just lynch op tomorrow.
We're voting EP based on a combination of strong gut, and the interaction between your result, my bussing, and CPig's counterclaim of EP.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I'm literally voting myself

All I'm doing is pointing out things that cannot be logically assumed at this point

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Tremendous Taste posted:

I'm literally voting myself

All I'm doing is pointing out things that cannot be logically assumed at this point
TT you have gone mad :P :P :P

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
gently caress it, fakeclaiming makes no sense

##vote Opop but happy to vote EP like I have for days now.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

To be clear, I'll gladly vote either Opop or EP, because I think at this point, they're both equally likely to have something screwy happen, but they're both also based on investigation results. Opop is just more directly.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Crocker, did your results say TT targets Magnus, or was it only "Magnus"

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Poison Mushroom posted:

To be clear, I'll gladly vote either Opop or EP, because I think at this point, they're both equally likely to have something screwy happen, but they're both also based on investigation results. Opop is just more directly.

EP isn't based on results, it's based on a counterclaim. One of pig or EP must be scum, it is illogical to vote anyone else if you're gunning for scum

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Tremendous Taste posted:

EP isn't based on results, it's based on a counterclaim. One of pig or EP must be scum, it is illogical to vote anyone else if you're gunning for scum
its illogical to vote for yourself

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Tremendous Taste posted:

Crocker, did your results say TT targets Magnus, or was it only "Magnus"

Specifically mentioned that you targetted

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Crocker is probably lying, bus driver don't do dat

It's not illogical for me to vote myself considering I am a) not town and b) trying to show I am who I say I am

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Tremendous Taste posted:

Crocker is probably lying, bus driver don't do dat

It's not illogical for me to vote myself considering I am a) not town and b) trying to show I am who I say I am

I thought we were pretty clear my result was hosed with on N1? Noone has said I was affected by bus driving

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

There is no role in the op that would do that.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Unless you were a watcher lol

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Tremendous Taste posted:

There is no role in the op that would do that.

As our jailor pointed out, framers affect trackers.

You're not doing a very good job here.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

It says "guilty results"

I don't buy that at all

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Tremendous Taste posted:

It says "guilty results"

I don't buy that at all

Hey, that's what I thought too when our jailor said it, but here we are where they jailed you and I got a result of you targeting someone.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

mfcrocker posted:

Hey, that's what I thought too when our jailor said it, but here we are where they jailed you and I got a result of you targeting someone.

the difference is that you were lying to get someone lynched and the jailor was not

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Tremendous Taste posted:

the difference is that you were lying to get someone lynched and the jailor was not

Haha yeah there's a lot of sense in making up this elaborate lie to vote for someone who was -2 rather than just dropping a vote and keeping my mouth shut

I've claimed tracker, noone has counterclaimed and me lying doesn't make any sense at all unless I'm really poo poo scum

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

mfcrocker posted:

Haha yeah there's a lot of sense in making up this elaborate lie to vote for someone who was -2 rather than just dropping a vote and keeping my mouth shut

I've claimed tracker, noone has counterclaimed and me lying doesn't make any sense at all unless I'm really poo poo scum

people itt are calling me nuts and useless but guess what, if I'm scum I'm coasting to endgame

good scum and poo poo scum are in how you manage the same moves

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

"Oh, boy, 15 posts, what ha- oh".

I think next time I'm in a game with TTaste, I'll run an experiment and never read a single one of his posts, see what happens.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Poison Mushroom posted:

"Oh, boy, 15 posts, what ha- oh".

I think next time I'm in a game with TTaste, I'll run an experiment and never read a single one of his posts, see what happens.

the way you read the rest of the game it probably wouldn't change anything

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Ugh can we just lynch Opop and EP already

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Currently I think that TT is some kind of neutral role we honestly don't need to worry about - his posting style has made it pretty clear that he's disconnected from the game. CPig has counter-claimed me, which I of course find inherently suspicious having claimed the same role previously. So far I've got these players, in order of most-lynchable to least-lynchable:

1. CPig
2. TT

CPig claims night 2 that he was "completely ineffectual", shortly after PMush says she was roleblocked. I've already stated I roleblocked mfcrocker that night (although it was afterwards). His posting has been pretty lackluster all game but I assume he's doing it from his phone (look at those periods) or busy or some poo poo, so that's a non-issue. The only time he's really dug into somebody was with Magnus, though - but we appeared to be pretty much all in agreement at that point. I was suspicious of CPig the previous night but didn't have much to back it up at the time.

PMush, I think you're either telling the truth and you're the bus driver, or it's (less) likely you're the Witch. However, you've not done a whole lot with your day phase - you mostly appear to be fighting with TT instead of doing anything particularly useful. Having you around as a bus driver is useful though; as we've not gotten any scum yet, even if you're just randomly swapping people you're getting more likely to nail scum (assuming scum don't do something ridiculous like target one of themselves on the off-chance you randomly select a scum). So:

1. CPig
2. PMush
3. TT

Lampsacus seems to be coasting by on having claimed sheriff despite a wide variety of interesting posts!

Lampsacus posted:

##vote no lynch

Because it sounds reasonable. But I am careful of just following the pack. With role madness I am excited to see the clusterfuck of results. :p

This is the exact same poo poo I've been slammed for previously. Similarly:

Lampsacus posted:

I don't understand agreeing that Mag is a town role AND voting to lynch them.

Town should be vying for not_town lynches.

This was after the reasons for lynching Magnus Gallant were pretty clearly stated. This is the same thing Teashed got lynched for (at least partially, in my opinion). Ras stated it more clearly than me with:

Rascyc posted:

I don't want these posts to vanish into the ether. There is something really wrong with this sequence. It goes from an over-explanation of strategies to "Is lynch all liars a thing on SA Mafia?" to "I misread Magnus" to "Lynch all liars".

Also TT brought up the interesting gambit possibility, which I'm not sure if I buy but I'm definitely thinking about it.

So now we stand at:

1. CPig
2. PMush / Lampsacus
3. TT

I've already stated how I feel about Opop:

1. CPig
2. Opop
3. PMush / Lampsacus
4. TT

mfcrocker's actions appear to contradict TT's, and I don't think TT has any real reason to lie about his role/his posting is a pretty clear tell for his role. He also claims to have used his night action on TT twice under belief that he was the jailor. Moreover, he states that TT interacted with Magnus that night, which doesn't mesh with the roles TT could feasibly be. So:

1. CPig
2. Opop
3. mfcrocker
4. PMush / Lampsacus
5. TT

Finally Ras's posting doesn't have anything particular pointing out, other than disagreeing with me on CPig, which isn't really anything to build a case on. But still more likely to be scum than TT.

So basically my list, after rereading the entire thread several times and confusing myself more than once is:

1. CPig
2. Opop
3. mfcrocker
4. PMush / Lampsacus
5. Ras
5. TT

##vote Capitalist Pig and I won't be changing that unless something compelling comes up. This is about all I can wring out with my limited experience. Feel free to ask me questions or call me a huge scumlord, whichever

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Ahaahahahahaahhh

So anyone not voting ep should be after that ridiculous post

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Epsilon Plus posted:

Lampsacus seems to be coasting by on having claimed sheriff despite a wide variety of interesting posts!
I'm a newbie like you and from the vets POV our posts can really suck. But that's OK. At least we're making them and trying.

Epsilon Plus posted:

Also TT brought up the interesting gambit possibility, which I'm not sure if I buy but I'm definitely thinking about it.
This is a lot of words for "Lamp could be lying *shrug*".

I'd love to hear some more analysis of my interesting posts btw.

EP the only reason I'm voting Opop and not you is that I have hard evidence Opop is evil.

Once again, today guys, you either vote with me on Opop or you say I'm lying. We *need* to kill scum today right? So I need you guys to vote with me.
I wish I had some supplementary evidence outside of my claim of the result. With the doc dead this is the last good I can do town. If you lynch EP today and he is scum, lynch Opop tomorrow.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I don't think either of you have been making bad posts

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

That is an admirable effort at a fake effort port.

Bonus points for including four lumpen lists in one post.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Tremendous Taste posted:

I don't think either of you have been making bad posts
I think its more new players often say things that don't need to be said. Ones well trodden ground is another's virgin snow and all that.

On the plus side, this looks like my first game where I'm not a vanilla town who posts so weird he gets himself lynched.

So I guess we're just going to sit around and wait for the other players to vote in. Looks like it'll be EP or Opop. Worst case scenario (from my POV) we vote EP and he's scum. Actually, worse still: Opop and he's a 3p and its egg on my face.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Poison Mushroom posted:

That is an admirable effort at a fake effort port.

Bonus points for including four lumpen lists in one post.

I sure wish I knew what that meant.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Kill Op today, kill EP tomorrow

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

mfcrocker posted:

That's the dream.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Jesus loving Christ, I'm so turned around right now I think I'm going to vote me.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

mfcrocker posted:

No please reverse this.

Ep needs to go. He is 100% scum.

Opop is likely scum, but not 100%

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

CapitalistPig posted:

No please reverse this.

Ep needs to go. He is 100% scum.

Opop is likely scum, but not 100%

If it's a choice between someone who has read scum all game (why is he still alive again?) or someone with a literal positive cop reading I'm going with the copper.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Yeah but here's the thing, there could be framers and all kinds of fuckery.

Ep is claiming my role so he is 100% undoubtedly scum.

Opop could still not be due to actions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

CapitalistPig posted:

Yeah but here's the thing, there could be framers and all kinds of fuckery.

Ep is claiming my role so he is 100% undoubtedly scum.

Opop could still not be due to actions.

truth, voting anyone except ep or pig is bad and scummy

• Locked thread