Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
vs

vs

Go Birdland

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

:getin:

This is gonna be a good series. I really want to see how the Giants manage to pull this one off. I figure it'll be a complete game shutout by hudson followed by a madbum grand slam, but who knows?

I'm gonna fall on the side of the Orioles on the American League. Partly because of a great mascot, but also because I want an Orange and Black WS.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
Disband the National League

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician

ALFbrot posted:

Disband the National League

Put the Nats/Pirates/Cubs/Padres/Mets in the AL Cool Fuckers division, nuke the rest from orbit

Malaclypse
Sep 12, 2000

alone in the dark and scared always scared as hell
i just watched a youtube of the Giants collapse against the Angels in game 6 of the '02 series to give me anger. Never Again :mad:

Malaclypse
Sep 12, 2000

alone in the dark and scared always scared as hell
t:mad: Absolute Eternal 100% National League Supremacy t:mad:

Cart Mountain
Nov 1, 2004

Agreed except in this Bunk rear end NLCS. Go AL.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Let's go Royorioles

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
STL and SF. Ugh.

Walked
Apr 14, 2003

davecrazy posted:

STL and SF. Ugh.

Counterpoint: KC and BAL. :woop:

Ace Jameson
Feb 10, 2006
Wal-Mart and Angelos. Ugh.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
I'm pretty happy with all four finalists. I'm looking forward to some good and (or) amusing baseball.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

Walked posted:

Counterpoint: KC and BAL. :woop:

Dear AL, save us from the worst smug fans in baseball.

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

Hand Knit posted:

I'm pretty happy with all four finalists. I'm looking forward to some good and (or) amusing baseball.

Well that's it isn't it? There's a poo poo pile of baseball left. And every loving pitch is meaningful. And what I can't watch (since I'm so far outside the time-zone) I'll read about. That is some high order entertainment right there. Nine innings of playoff baseball is so different from nine innings of regular season.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
I-70 series here we come

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
I would have preferred to play the Nats but everybody is so angry that I change my mind

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

So how about that ALCS?

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

After 21 hours of refreshing and error messages I finally got through and got nosebleeds to game 7 of the ALCS. $60 face value, $70 each after fees, but tickets in the same section are going for $400+ on stubhub so definitely a steal.

e: I need sleep

Xerol fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Oct 8, 2014

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever
God, an I-70 series would be great (for me, probably not so much for Don Dekinger). A week or two straight of trash-talking and betting against all my friends while getting loaded at the bar. Fingers crossed. The Giants are apparently the only team that traffic in as much pixie dust bullshit as the Cardinals, though, so one step at a time.

Quasimango
Mar 10, 2011

God damn you.
Bryce Harper in the NLDS: .294/.368/.882 for a 1.251 OPS

All other Nats: .148/.204/.183 for a .387 OPS

I'm sure someone else has mentioned that but I just worked it out and it's amazing.

ego symphonic
Feb 23, 2010

Quasimango posted:

I'm sure someone else has mentioned that but I just worked it out and it's amazing.

What happens if you take out Rendon as well?

The narrative is already forming this morning about how the Giants' "Postseason Experience" is what did the Nats in and it's an even stupider narrative than it normally is considering that the two youngest, least-experienced players were demonstrably better than everyone else.

Walked
Apr 14, 2003

Nats were sad to watch. At least we basically got a 5 game series with the 18 inning game.

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

Monicro posted:

Put the Nats/Pirates/Cubs/Padres/Mets in the AL Cool Fuckers division, nuke the rest from orbit

I'm okay with this. Either that, or let's bring back the Federal League. I would be 100% down with the Cubs becoming the Whales.

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

Any chance the Royals go full powder blue, blue on blue, for their uni's at least one game?

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Monicro posted:

Only if the Washington Harpers move to Coors Field.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Dan O'Dowd is out as Rockies GM.

Carlton Banks
Jan 5, 2004

"The Tigers' biggest obstacle to a championship will be keeping a straight face. The Tigers in three."

the popes toes posted:

Any chance the Royals go full powder blue, blue on blue, for their uni's at least one game?

It would be pretty cool if both the Cards/Royals used their 1985 uniforms if they meet in the WS

TenaciousJ
Dec 31, 2008

Clown move bro

Quasimango posted:

Rendon needs some credit too. If he and Bryce were near each other in the line up, some more runs would have scored.

The Nationals beat themselves last night. San Francisco would not have taken the lead IMO if Gio hadn't walked in a run or Barrett hadn't thrown wildly. I'm not sure LaRoche is going to be around next season with his post-All Star Game performance and hopefully Ryan Zimmerman takes his spot at first if he can stay healthy. They desperately need more consistent offense.

I slept on it and I can't be too mad at the Giants at this point. What's the story people were talking about in the GDT of why Vogelsong is actually a cool dude?

TenaciousJ fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Oct 8, 2014

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

and if they don't dance,

Carlton Banks posted:

It would be pretty cool if both the Cards/Royals used their 1985 uniforms if they meet in the WS

Both teams wear powder blue just to gently caress with everyone.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

FlamingLiberal posted:

Dan O'Dowd is out as Rockies GM.

They're promoting from within the organization because they wanted to make the most Rockies move possible.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

the popes toes posted:

Nine innings of playoff baseball is so different from nine innings of regular season.

Someone please tell Matt Williams this.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

This is a rad as hell Championship Series and while the Giants seem like a tough draw for the Cardinals, who the gently caress knows?

Hoping for I-70 Redux

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

At 12:17 a.m. MU police spotted Mauk, 19, run a stop sign while driving his scooter east on Kentucky Boulevard - with two female passengers on board.
O'Dowd was in charge for 15 years and got them to the playoffs twice.

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

and if they don't dance,

FairGame posted:

This is a rad as hell Championship Series and while the Giants seem like a tough draw for the Cardinals, who the gently caress knows?

Hoping for I-70 Redux

I'm considering not even watching the NLCS because it's just depressing.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Bob Shabazz posted:

Rocktober was pretty boss though that one time

Go Giants, Go Royals

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Explosionface posted:

I'm considering not even watching the NLCS because it's just depressing.

I don't hate the Giants. I hate the Cardinals, though, and hope once again that they brutally lose.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Bob Shabazz posted:

And they've had at least one superstar level player his entire tenure.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Fag Boy Jim posted:

I don't hate the Giants. I hate the Cardinals, though, and hope once again that they brutally lose.

Gonna be pretty cool when instead they sweep through the remainder of the playoffs

:(:hf::(

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

It's cute that the ALCS is filled with fun and unique teams that haven't been there in a while but I can't pretend that they're good enough to beat the Playoff Giants (who are somehow much better than Regular Season Giants) and the Cardinals (who are just a good team all the time)

I am just mentally preparing myself now. I would love to be wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
The O's were quite a bit better than both of them in the regular season but, well, ya know.

• Locked thread