Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i cant even get the guy to 10 because he cant damage any of the enemies -__-

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I.N.R.I posted:

get vaike or someone hella stronk to pair up with him

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
hes pared up with kellam atm but he gets like 20 xp per chapter. le sigh

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
is there any way to make a support character attack the enemy or is it just random based on support rank or what.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I.N.R.I posted:

is there any way to make a support character attack the enemy or is it just random based on support rank or what.

it's random and based on support, unfortunately

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

try attacking only archers and mages, those guys have paper defense

Dec 26, 2012

I.N.R.I posted:

forge him a high damage spear

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

01011001 posted:

forge him a high damage spear

its weurking ty although he still dies from 1 hit so its slow anyway. well, its my obstacle to overcome i supose.

btw, i was looking at the bonus box stuff (not gonna use any of it cos its cheeting) and a bunch of the old portraits and stuff looked like they were drawn by shirow masamune (guy who made ghost in the shell) and it turns out he used to be the character designer or w/e .. i never knew he used to be the artist for emblem. cool!

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
bonus box stuff is fine

shirow masamune did all the art for the DS ones and it turns out his art doesn't scale down to the DS at all

Dec 26, 2012

he did a bunch of character art for the ds ones, then instead of using that art they went with those awful 3d renders in-game

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
the moment you reclass Donnel you can stop babysitting him. It's rough getting him to that point but it pays off.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
is fire emblem DS worth playing + is the whole get your dudes killed thing worth bothering with

Nihnoz
Aug 24, 2009

ararararararararararara

Dexters Secret posted:

so my old copy of fire emblem got lost in a move so i was checkin eBay to see if there were any cheaper cartridges available and i found this

only $35.99!!!

I ejaculated on that fig the other day.

Dec 26, 2012

Doctor Goat posted:

is fire emblem DS worth playing + is the whole get your dudes killed thing worth bothering with

i dont really like either of the ds games mechanically but if you want to try one, play the fe12 fan translation. fe11 sucks

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
fire emblem awakening is really really bad

<---- me whenever I see someone say they really like it

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

darealkooky posted:

fire emblem awakening is really really bad

<---- me whenever I see someone say they really like it

suck my cock, friend of the family!

Dec 26, 2012

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

suck my cock, friend of the family!

he's right, plutonis

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Nihnoz posted:

I ejaculated on that fig the other day.

congrats

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

This game is good. My favorite support was boy Morgan and Owain being dorks together.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

the worst thing in these games is gettin amazing levelups in a stage but them someone dies so you reset and next try u beat the stage but everyone got terrible levelups this time

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

babypolis posted:

the worst thing in these games is gettin amazing levelups in a stage but them someone dies so you reset and next try u beat the stage but everyone got terrible levelups this time

i got four separate full stat ups on chrom in one mission, then virion kicked the bucket and chrom got like 6 stat points the next time

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Doctor Goat posted:

i got four separate full stat ups on chrom in one mission, then virion kicked the bucket and chrom got like 6 stat points the next time

man loving virion. hes the only archer u get so i had to make sure he was good but he only gets good levels on botched attempts.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
he's a piece of poo poo and i think all archers in the series not named rebecca are

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

RD shinon is basically the only good archer

there's an archer in thracia 776 with a 15% strength growth rate and 55% magic growth rate for who knows what reason

Dec 26, 2012

Doctor Goat posted:

he's a piece of poo poo and i think all archers in the series not named rebecca are

shinon in radiant dawn is good for an archer but any unit without the ability to counterattack at melee range is at a severe disadvantage because a lot of fire emblem strategy is in enemy phase management and they dont really get to do much of that

Dec 26, 2012

Cake Attack posted:

RD shinon is basically the only good archer

there's an archer in thracia 776 with a 15% strength growth rate and 55% magic growth rate for who knows what reason

at least magic doubled as resistance but yeah strength growth deficiency is the hardest thing to fix in thracia. its not a good thing when marty is more viable than a character

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
rebecca could dodge the apocalypse which is why she owned

just step back and shoot every turn, have dart hang out too

i'd kill for my rebecca and dart in awakening on the mission where the sea dudes first show up just to watch them chew the army apart

Abysswalker
Apr 25, 2013

the only fire emblems i've played are this and sacred stones, or whatever the free ambassador one is

i like awakening more, but maybe sacred stones is also "bad"?

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

I.N.R.I posted:

marry his punk-rear end to sully, who learns Dual Guard+ as a Great Knight and also plops out an awesome Kjelle. At S-rank support, the likelyhood of getting dual supports is like 80%+

Dwight Evans posted:

the only fire emblems i've played are this and sacred stones, or whatever the free ambassador one is

nah, sacred stones is good, but awakening has non-permadeath, easy grinding and takes itself less seriously

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

I.N.R.I posted:

its weurking ty although he still dies from 1 hit so its slow anyway. well, its my obstacle to overcome i supose.

btw, i was looking at the bonus box stuff (not gonna use any of it cos its cheeting) and a bunch of the old portraits and stuff looked like they were drawn by shirow masamune (guy who made ghost in the shell) and it turns out he used to be the character designer or w/e .. i never knew he used to be the artist for emblem. cool!

hire these guys and let them die instead of you're guys because they are literally yu-gi-oh cards and you can buy them again

Dec 26, 2012

Dwight Evans posted:

sacred stones is the weakest of the gba games for a number of reasons but i would consider it better than awakening

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

01011001 posted:

shinon in radiant dawn is good for an archer but any unit without the ability to counterattack at melee range is at a severe disadvantage because a lot of fire emblem strategy is in enemy phase management and they dont really get to do much of that

if dodgy enough they can be good at holding a line since you wont counter kill dudes in front of you but you can shoot and kill anyone trying to snipe from the back. but yeah they are kinda weak and i dont get why intelligent systems treats them as if they are op giving you 1 or 2 each game with terrible growths

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
play 7

play 7

if you want to play them by difficulty play 8-7-6-7hhm

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

first one i played was 7 and i didnt understand permadeath or recruiting enemy dudes so i just murdered everyone and left a shitload of ppl to die. it was pretty grim and i swore no unit of mine would ever die in a fe again

Dec 26, 2012

6 hard is definitely more difficult than 7 hector hard mode, minus one or two lategame units being unexpectedly made excellent thanks to poorly thought out hard mode mechanics

babypolis posted:

if dodgy enough they can be good at holding a line since you wont counter kill dudes in front of you but you can shoot and kill anyone trying to snipe from the back. but yeah they are kinda weak and i dont get why intelligent systems treats them as if they are op giving you 1 or 2 each game with terrible growths

i mean yeah if you just want to plug a hole thats fine but you will pretty much always have a non-ranged unit who's either just as dodgy or fairly tanky and will actually kill poo poo as well as plug the hole. in the post-gba games you can also just unequip a weapon on a melee unit if you want to do that same thing so archers dont even really have that going for them

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I like Ike

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

how do you like Ike now?

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Why don't people in fire emblem have feet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i don't like 6 hard or 6 all that much tbh

• Locked thread