Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I own all the Ck2/Eu4 stuff, and Ill probably pick up the Vicky 2 stuff when I get into it.

All the Vicky 2 stuff (literally all of it) was 5 bucks a month or two ago. I would have let you know if I knew you were gonna play....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

DICKHEAD posted:

Apparently part of the Charlemagne patch (next week?) is gonna be a tutorial campaign

disgusting

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

DICKHEAD posted:

All the Vicky 2 stuff (literally all of it) was 5 bucks a month or two ago. I would have let you know if I knew you were gonna play....

The entire series was $5 this weekend.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Knuc U Kinte posted:

The golden rule of Map Gaming: Do not expand further if your borders look bad.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Lumpy the Cook posted:

The entire series was $5 this weekend.

All DLCs and stuff too? Cool.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

I almost got March of Eagles during the sale but then I remembered that it will never be patched or expanded and it's supposed to only be good multi.

BoredDG
Aug 10, 2013

I like mapgames but I am terrible at them. Especially anything involving a navy.

I recently bought Victoria 2 and Ricky and I'm trying to learn how to play them

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

elf help book posted:

if schools were still cool they would have ck2 installed on computers like 90s kids had oregon trail

that would be so bad rear end

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

when are u going to srtream hegemony again hay "dickhead" man

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Playing as adolf Hitler ftw

http://www.twitch.tv/m/613229

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

conceitedguy posted:

when are u going to srtream hegemony again hay "dickhead" man

only 3 people watched it so probably never

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

That looks awesome.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Touch wood and everyfing.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Manchu -> Qing is a very rewarding EU4 experience, as is Poland -> Germany

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Knuc U Kinte posted:

CoP is probably the most worthless DLC unless you wanna play native americans...WoN is the other good one with changes to trade.

res publica is good because of national focus but the other stuff you dont really need unless youre gonna be a merchant republic. i hear the polish elective monarchy thing is kind of broken as well?

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I bought CoP so I could be the Pueblos.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

anime gently caress pillow posted:

Manchu -> Qing is a very rewarding EU4 experience, as is Poland -> Germany

poland to germany is too goofy

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Crimea to either Russia or Turkey is a most prestigious and epic experience.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

DICKHEAD posted:

You know it

My prayers are answered.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

DICKHEAD posted:

I've been meaning to play for like 2 years. I was gonna pick it up last sale but all that EU stuff I didn't have was like $15

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

i dunno if you remember my vicky 2 self determination mod but i worked on it a lot for a stretch of about a month. my list of stuff to add is too intimidating so i havent done anything else with it for a while

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I wish I didn't play as conservatively as I tend to in these since it makes it a huge pain to be a Khanate like crimea or w/e. Maybe I should just go all out next time I play it.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Wormskull posted:

I wish I didn't play as conservatively as I tend to in these since it makes it a huge pain to be a Khanate like crimea or w/e. Maybe I should just go all out next time I play it.

im gonna play the goth kingdom in crimea theyre adding with art of war

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

DICKHEAD posted:

im gonna play the goth kingdom in crimea theyre adding with art of war
Is it scythians or something.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I want to be scythians.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

DICKHEAD posted:

poland to germany is too goofy

I did it for the Chieves.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I didn;t go Germany tho, I went Poland to Prussia to HRE.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
I'm a fake map gamer now i just watch arumba or hwoever pla.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I can't imagine for the life of me watching someone else play a map game.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Wormskull posted:

I watch Arumba sometimes to steal his ideas.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Wormskull posted:

I don't even really watch that any more, but it was interesting for a while, to learn the tips and tricks, and only in crusader kings 2 because in all the other games nothing actually happens.

Yolomancer
Aug 9, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Wormskull posted:

Just a couple days ago all the DLC was like 75-90% off.

Yeah I got all the EU4 DLCs I didn't have for like $10. Decided to play a game as the Ottomans. Wanting to do the mission 'Conquer the Levant', but unsure if I should wait for the Mamelukes to fall apart (if they will) or just go for it.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Wormskull posted:

arumba is cool

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

He has good ideas when playing EU4, but he's got tunnel vision or something. Like he prioritises prestige over army trad when taking missions and he gets distracted doing poo poo that doesn't even matter in the scheme of his goals.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

did he ever show himself on camera, a few months ago he said he was considering it but then he was talking about shaving his head because his wife was going on vacation for a month

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Yolomancer posted:

Yeah I got all the EU4 DLCs I didn't have for like $10. Decided to play a game as the Ottomans. Wanting to do the mission 'Conquer the Levant', but unsure if I should wait for the Mamelukes to fall apart (if they will) or just go for it.

Just go for it. the Mamluks crumble really easily and once you take Damascus and a few other rich provinces in the Levant they don't really pose a threat if you're busy somewhere else

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Wormskull posted:

I want to be scythians.

gonna need a new Rome game for that, Scythians ceased to recognizably exist 200ish BCE

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

i really like the ottoman position on the map but theyre too easy to play as. maybe i should finally do a byzantium game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yolomancer
Aug 9, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

DICKHEAD posted:

Just go for it. the Mamluks crumble really easily and once you take Damascus and a few other rich provinces in the Levant they don't really pose a threat if you're busy somewhere else

Cool. I'll give it a shot. I just finished eating most of Bosnia, Serbia, Wallachia and Moldavia, but I didn't full annex them because I didn't want the AE and I don't really understand the best way to vassal feed.