Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Pretty pictures in small frames
PM, what's with the tithin (whatever the gently caress that name is) vote. Tell me about it you brooding manchild.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Eight Dollars posted:

PM, what's with the tithin (whatever the gently caress that name is) vote. Tell me about it you brooding manchild.
Am I PMush in this game, too?

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

You're whatever you want to be you dimwit dimbulb dingus! I'll call you Mushmouth and the other Pinhead.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Eight Dollars posted:

gut! something about his cozying up and :swoon: at yuming

people being friendly in mafia games is suspicious

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Thank you for not waiting until Christmas to tell me Pinhead. You've moved up to "Mildly Tolerated" on my scale now.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

That people would find friendliness from a store owner suspicious reeks to me if looking for an excuse to David lynch, without direction :shrug:

Mafia edit: David Lynch correction.

David Lynch David Lynch David Lynch David Lynch

tithin fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Oct 8, 2014

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

i'm not trying to get you david lynched dummy

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I hate mornings. I need some coffee.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Pinterest Mom posted:

people being friendly in mafia games is suspicious

Hi PMom, you're awesome. Let's be friends.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Pinterest Mom posted:

i'm not trying to get you david lynched dummy

So you gut voted him and characterised his behaviour as being suspicious in an attempt to not get him lynched?

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Everything I know about Twin Peaks, I learned from Alan Wake

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

##vote Pinterest Mom

There can be only one! And given that I know absolutely nothing about Twin Peaks, I must assume you're my evil twin from the future.

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

tithin posted:

*voting finger twitches uncontrollably*

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
If you're not using this game as an excuse to rewatch the whole thing and the movie, back to back, I'm forced to question the choices you've made in life.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Puntification posted:

So you gut voted him and characterised his behaviour as being suspicious in an attempt to not get him lynched?

i voted him because of a dumb gut read

that doesn't mean i'm trying to get him david lynched. that would mean applying effort and more pressure. it just means i put an early d1 vote on him.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

You could maybe do my job and commute for me, friend. After that poo poo is done I only have 10 hours for the kids and sleep :ohdear:

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
whoever is david lynch claim and i will not vote you for this whole game

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
oh wait, its me. im david lynch

whatatwist

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

I want to make a Twin Peaks joke here but spoilers so I won't and will instead just call you a mopey dope

Grumble grumble... can't wait to get back to the city...

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
kyle mcghalghghd is also in the television series "desperate housewives

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I solemnly swear I will watch twin peaks soon.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
i only saw the first season. all i remember is a creepy dancing midgit and lots of coffee

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
Twin Peaks, The Novel: Based on the TV series:

Chapter 1

The cold mountain air swept over John Peak as he drove his convertible down the side of the mountain really fast until he got into the small town of North Bend where the Twin Peaks cafe was located. He parked in a really badass manner and hopped out without opening the door and whipped off his sungglasses and flipped his hair out of his brooding eyes and stalked inside to the front counter and ordered a cold coffee.

"Cold, Mr. Peak? Are you sure?" asked the waitress.

"You're drat right I'm sure!" he snapped, pounding his fist on the table and clattering silverware all over. "Don't you know what day it is?"

"N.. no sir," stammered the waitress.

John turned to the window looking out at the gray sky with stormy eyes. "It's the one year anniversary of the day my brother, Burt Peak, was murdered."

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

:golfclap:

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
Chapter Two:

John Peak shut his apartment door behind him and sighed at the lonely sofa squatting in the dark corner, the fat, square TV and the greasy kitchen and stained carpet. He used to have a big house full of pools and liquor cabinets and dart boards. He'd sold it all to finance the search for his brother's killer.

"Anniversaries sure are a bitch," he said to no one. He grabbed a cold beer from the fridge and tossed it in the microwave to warm it up. This was one anniversary, at least, that he never forgot.

He stood in his bedroom, staring at the wall covered with photographs and newspaper articles and maps all with bits of string crisscrossing all over them. He never knew what the string was for, but it made everything look more important. He sipped his warm beer and sighed again. This was his life now, this search. It consumed him, controlled him. His wife had left, his daughter had left, his cat had left and the mole behind his right ear had left. It was just him now. Him and the hunt.

He swigged the beer and squinted at his photographs. His evidence. "I'll get you yet."

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
Chapter 3:

Thunder rumbled and rain spat on his shoes and dribbled from his wide-brimmed hat and trickled down the shoulders of his duster as Jack stood, staring at the gravestone. It always rained when he came here.

"Burt," he started, and thunder rolled again. It kept doing that. He gathered his thoughts, formulating all the heartfelt things he wanted to say to his brother's corpse, took a breath and said 'Burt,' again, and was interrupted by the thunder again.

"Jack," said someone behind him. Thunder shook the sky.

Jack turned around and saw a thin man in a dark suit standing there. "How do you know who I am?" He growled.

"I know a lot about you Jack," said the man, creeping forward like a spider, grinning a grin like an upside down scythe. "I know things about your brother, too."

"What do you know? Did you see my add in the paper?"

"Oh yes," said the man. "I saw it. I have seen much. There are many secrets being kept, many lies being told. Things are not what they seem."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"It means," the man paused, glanced at the sky for a while, then narrowed his eyes, then sighed and starting to talk and was interrupted by thunder. He nodded, waited for it to pass, then "that Burt, is alive."

Thunder tumbled through the clouds.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
How has this game turned into fan fiction mafia??

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Note I did not read derp's posts. Is there any weird sex stuff?

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
i'm writing a serious novel. any sex will be tastefully vague

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

And vaguely tasteful?

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
Chapter 4:

Jack rolled over and stretched, sliding arms and legs along the crisp sheets and enjoying the heat radiating from the warm body across from him. The thin man lounged against a pillow, his grin softer now, his suit crumpled hastily on the floor.

"That was... amazing," said Jack, dragging the back of his index finger across the thin man's cheek. "You're amazing."

"You weren't so bad yourself," said the man.

"I... I don't usually do this," said Jack, flushing. "I can't believe I'm acting like a teenager about you, we've only just met. I don't even know your name for Christs sake!"

"Bailey," said the man.

"What?"

"My name is Bailey."

"Nice to meet you Bailey."

They shook hands, grinned, then laughed and fell back into the blankets again. It was hours more before Jack got around to asking about his brother.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

fiery_valkyrie posted:

And vaguely tasteful?
Don't look a gift horse in uranus

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I think this thread is putting me in a watch list of some sort

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
Chapter 5:

Bailey ran his thin fingers across the glossy photos and plucked at the strands of red string that criss-crossed them. "This is something," he said.

"Yeah," said Jack, who's name a while ago was John, but all heroes must be named Jack. He folded his arms and beamed proudly. "Look at all this stuff again and tell me my brother is alive."

"Jack." Bailey put a hand on his shoulder. "I never said your brother was alive. Burt is, though."

"But, Burt is my brother! We're twins, dammit!"

"No." Bailey shook his head in the gentle way a mother shakes her head at a son who has just shed a tear while asking if the Easter Bunny has any baby bunnies that can be adopted.

"Look, I think I'd know if I had a twin or not," said jack, throwing up his hands. "I mean we look just like each other!"

"Come with me, Jack." Bailey took his arm and led him into the bathroom. He flipped on the light which flickered and hummed and illuminated a smudged mirror over sink sprinkled with beard trimmings. "Look." He pointed at the mirror.

Jack looked. "So what? It's me."

"No," said Bailey. "It's Burt."

Thunder boomed through the night sky.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
You're all just jealous of my quality fanfiction.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
I've never watched Twin Peaks and don't know too much about it, other than I've heard Lost compared to it. Does Twin Peaks actually end as strong as it starts?

uranus posted:

hello murmur twin. havent seen you in a while.

Hi derp! I've found I like Mafia more if I only play like one game a month. :)

uranus posted:

i'm writing a serious novel. any sex will be tastefully vague

Chapter 4:
Jack rolled over and stretched, sliding arms and legs along the crisp sheets and enjoying the heat radiating from the warm body across from him. The thin man lounged against a pillow, his grin softer now, his suit crumpled hastily on the floor.

I'm so confused. Are they having a pillow fight or something?

Eight Dollars posted:

I'll call you Mushmouth and the other Pinhead.

I say they should legally have to change their names in order to continue playing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qR024tElDI

Eight Dollars posted:

you dimwit dimbulb dingus!

you blithering waste of space?

you brooding manchild.

Case: The person we think is Eight Dollars is actually his evil twin, Hate Dollars ##vote Eight Dollars

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I think Hate Dollars is pretty cool and also I'm in an alliance with him. MT you should join up in our alliance.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Is your alliance called the scum team?

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Murmur Twin posted:

I've never watched Twin Peaks and don't know too much about it, other than I've heard Lost compared to it. Does Twin Peaks actually end as strong as it starts?

It loses it's way slightly in the second series for a bit as it resolves one of the main parts of the mystery too early but then in the last two episodes it gets really good again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

tithin posted:

Same.

• Locked thread