Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

Flame112 posted:

Also are we going to hit level 2 in the middle of the session or near the end? Do you want level 2 sheets now?

Level 2 just involves one new utility power pick, so we can handle that during the session.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

kaynorr posted:

Level 2 just involves one new utility power pick, so we can handle that during the session.

And the increase of all or half level bonuses from 0 to 1. Really feelin' heroic now!

And most importantly a feat!

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Flame112 posted:

Also are we going to hit level 2 in the middle of the session or near the end? Do you want level 2 sheets now?

also interested in this answer.

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
It's really easy to level up in Fantasy Grounds. You set your level to 2, everything updates, you add a feat, you add a power. Oh, and any inherent bonuses. If he gave us access to the books we're doing, I could level all y'alls up in like 30 seconds each.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Gharbad the Weak posted:

It's really easy to level up in Fantasy Grounds. You set your level to 2, everything updates, you add a feat, you add a power. Oh, and any inherent bonuses. If he gave us access to the books we're doing, I could level all y'alls up in like 30 seconds each.

I figure as much, making powers is a cinch. I haven't tried feats yet but it can't be too hard.

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

So I was going through the campaign file last night, and as it happens boneshard skeletons are not just The Worst, they are The Worst Ever. That explosion poo poo is supposed to happen at bloodied AND at 0 HP. That is not even remotely balanced.

So there is another universe out there somewhere where the heroes of the resistance are lying dead in a crypt because a couple of guards just couldn't help opening a mysterious locked door.

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011
What's the attack bonus on that and what defense did it target? That poo poo is ridiculous.

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
Please, no one dies in 4e :smug:

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011
If those guys had actually exploded on bloodied AND death I think we would have.

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

Flame112 posted:

What's the attack bonus on that and what defense did it target? That poo poo is ridiculous.

It's a +6 vs. Reflex attack, 3d6+4 damage in a Close Burst 5. Given that the whole crypt is basically a 10x6 room, you'd pretty much have to be a cowardly storm sorcerer huddling in a corner to not get targeted. By one of the SIX boneshard bursts contained in the encounter.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
lol those sounds like there were ment to be level 3 reg monsters and level 2 solos.

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

They're level 5 brutes, and the wight was a level 5 soldier. Overall it was a level 4 encounter, but drat.

Now I see why there is only this and the warehouse fight in between extended rests. Each one is a light two-and-a-half normal brawls.

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011

kaynorr posted:

They're level 5 brutes, and the wight was a level 5 soldier. Overall it was a level 4 encounter, but drat.

Now I see why there is only this and the warehouse fight in between extended rests. Each one is a light two-and-a-half normal brawls.

I wasn't sure if we were ~supposed~ to be taking an extended rest now, or if you were just going easy on us. Good to know that this is actually planned. Any fight that has a monster that takes away healing surges on hit is fuckin' crazy.

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
Level +3 encounters are easy peasy, guys, calm down.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Gharbad the Weak posted:

Level +3 encounters are easy peasy, guys, calm down.

Ain't that.

Flame112 posted:

Any fight that has a monster that takes away healing surges on hit is fuckin' crazy.

It's this.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Before I forget I have to bring this to a grinding halt. I most definitely will not be able to do the 29th session as I'll have just arrived in Jamaica. Then I probably won't be able to do the Nov 5th session cause I'll be returning back to Canada. Just thought a heads up on those dates would be good.

Also Happy Canadian Thanksgiving!

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
Are there other days that might work for you, or are you out-out?

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Gharbad the Weak posted:

Are there other days that might work for you, or are you out-out?

Uh I don't have a particular schedule so it's most likely going to be no as I'm enjoying the things Jamaica has to offer. Doesn't help it's an hour ahead of me which means it's 4 hours ahead of most people here, including Kaynorr.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Ah okay. Have fun~

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
Obviously we should play every day until you leave so we burn out and require a break anyway.

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

As it happens, I won't be able to run the game on the 29th anyway due to out-of-town guests.

However, we will be playing tonight, Wednesday, October 15th at 7 PM PST.

Cerepol, when cleaning up the wish lists I noticed that you don't appear to have any powers that work with the Staff of Sleep & Charm. Do those start to pop up later in your build?

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

According to the builder currently, Vicious Mockery & Blunder should both benefit from it.

Could I also add Healer's Brooch

On that note I really should use my daily. I need to stop saving it!

Cerepol fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Oct 16, 2014

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Gents I got some mail in and I kind of have to finish taking care of it. I don't think I can make this session.

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
We could last-minute reschedule? We never really got down to what we'd do if someone couldn't make it.

Edit: Word is, one person gone is ok, more than one is a reschedule/cancellation

Gharbad the Weak fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Oct 16, 2014

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

It's that time of the week again. We're playing tonight, Wednesday, October 22nd at 7 PM PST.

Our heroes have the case. They have a way out of Gate Pass. What's to stop them from beginning the long voyage to the Lyceum? Who knows?

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Nothing clearly we will just have a long sage journey where nothing untoward happens. We will engage in inane smalltalk and get drunk every night our worries being naught more than aching feet.

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

Cerepol posted:

Nothing clearly we will just have a long sage journey where nothing untoward happens. We will engage in inane smalltalk and get drunk every night our worries being naught more than aching feet.

Endurance checks for everyone! Plus Craft Delicate Shoes rolls to keep everyone from getting horrible blisters.

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011
Bad news, I just found out I have a family thing to do tonight that starts like an hour after this, so I will either be here for a very short time or not at all.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
sick ast 24 hours. if play will not talk much

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

So let's try having a make-up session. What is everyone's availability between (well, more practically tomorrow) and next Wednesday?

Al Baron
Nov 12, 2007
They were all out of Marquess.
I'm good for whenever this goes down.

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

Al Baron posted:

I'm good for whenever this goes down.

I probably forgot to say that I'm currently a nolife shutin, so I'm free whenever. If we can schedule something on the weekend, I'm also cool with going beyond our usual 3 hour block to 4-5 hours, if everyone can accommodate. I can't promise we'd finish the adventure but I think we'd probably advance pretty close.

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011
I think I'm free all day this Saturday, and Sunday if we finish before 5 PM PST.

Al Baron
Nov 12, 2007
Oh, I just remember I might be doing something Sunday afternoon but I don't know yet.

edit: Yeah, I got stuff to do on Sunday.

Al Baron fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Oct 23, 2014

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
Saturday, 12:30 Pacific. Let's do it.

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

Gharbad the Weak posted:

Saturday, 12:30 Pacific. Let's do it.

We have a motion before the assembled body. Two explicit votes for, two implicit votes for, no votes against. Cerepol and Herr Tog, the floor yields to you.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

I can't do Saturday till at least 9:15-9:30 EST

I am free all day Friday as well as after 6:30ish EST Sunday

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011

Cerepol posted:

I can't do Saturday till at least 9:15-9:30 EST

I am free all day Friday as well as after 6:30ish EST Sunday

I can do these, probably. Someone should do one of those group planning things where everyone fills in the times they can do things.

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

Could everyone do Friday (tomorrow) night, at the usual 7 PM PST time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al Baron
Nov 12, 2007

kaynorr posted:

Could everyone do Friday (tomorrow) night, at the usual 7 PM PST time?
I can do this.

• Locked thread