Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
I had no idea you could do that. I might do an all female roster after all. That was literally the thing that stopped me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

pressedbunny posted:

Ran into someone 60-115 with several Epics. Then someone 2-3 with a couple of Epics. Nowt new, but I'm still floored by how people will piss away their money.

As long as there are people who will piss away money, 2K will continue to support the game.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

pressedbunny posted:

Ran into someone 60-115 with several Epics. Then someone 2-3 with a couple of Epics. Nowt new, but I'm still floored by how people will piss away their money.

Only thing I can think of with low ranked people like that is that they played the game a while, decided they liked it, then deleted their account to start over with top level cards and attempt a huge unbeaten record.

Just a guess anyway. Otherwise people are dropping hundreds of dollars on a game they barely played, and I'm not sure I can deal with that.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

triplexpac posted:

Just a guess anyway. Otherwise people are dropping hundreds of dollars on a game they barely played, and I'm not sure I can deal with that.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Skunkrocker posted:

I had no idea you could do that. I might do an all female roster after all. That was literally the thing that stopped me.

Lookit this scrub that doesn't pay attention to VGCW and it's offshoots.

triplexpac posted:

I've probably spent like $200 on dota2 hats/tickets :smith:

I have like 600 hours played in that though.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

quote is not edit you dummy

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

IcePhoenix posted:

Lookit this scrub that doesn't pay attention to VGCW and it's offshoots.

Nope. :v:

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Oh I know all sorts of games have whales, but actually dropping the money before you played 10 games is a bit crazy

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
They cannot fix this poo poo soon enough.

I can't even get out of the round robin on this one.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Just like in real life, Brock Lesnar and an inanimate object have better charisma than Eric Rowan.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Toshimo posted:

They cannot fix this poo poo soon enough.

I can't even get out of the round robin on this one.

Just give in and start punching below your weight, it's the only way forward.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Just give in and start punching below your weight, it's the only way forward.

I don't see how. The ugprades I need now are paired URs. And I can't get them downgrading to SR.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Is it s straight up fact that there are 2 energy cards in every field, or is that just the trend I've personally run into? Obviously sometimes you'll get to the Rare+ and reset before you hit both, but my sense is there's always 2.

Edit: Toshimo, is it possible for you to punch slightly lower, e.g have less of your bar filled? It seems like matchmaking tries to put you against propel with very similar portions of their bars filled.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Toshimo posted:

I don't see how. The ugprades I need now are paired URs. And I can't get them downgrading to SR.

Yeah I think I spoke too soon. After thinking about it more, you're right, that's hosed up.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Jonny Angel posted:

Edit: Toshimo, is it possible for you to punch slightly lower, e.g have less of your bar filled? It seems like matchmaking tries to put you against propel with very similar portions of their bars filled.

I guess I'll find out in 2 more days. :emo:

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Toshimo posted:

Untrue.

Skip pro UR like I did and go straight to epic.

I managed to secure epic exhibition status with five good maxed pro SRs.

In KotR, two SR/two rare supports, three near-maxed URs, one maxed epic, and six maxed pro SRs just barely edged me into Epic.

And the. Yesterday I somehow made semi-finals in an epic KotR after never making it to the bracket in UR KotR.

e: you do need good cards to do this. My roster (figure out the numbers game yourself)
SR (all pro):
AJ
Ladder Cena
The Rock
ADR
Brock Lesnar
Mr. McMahon

UR (not pro)
Erick Rowan
Randy Savage
Brie Bella

Epic (non pro)
Rey Mysterio

Sockser fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Oct 9, 2014

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.
Yesterday, I finally got another UR Brie Bella to drop...when I was only roughly 20 matches away from getting the second UR Paige from the Ladder.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Toshimo posted:

I guess I'll find out in 2 more days. :emo:

I'd also say that KOTR is also just really swingy. I have done one, gotten stomped, changed nothing, did another, and taken 2nd.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

I'd also say that KOTR is also just really swingy. I have done one, gotten stomped, changed nothing, did another, and taken 2nd.

Yeah I usually get killed in KOTR but every now and then I'll get one that I breeze through to around the semi-finals.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

triplexpac posted:

Yeah I usually get killed in KOTR but every now and then I'll get one that I breeze through to around the semi-finals.

Also, I think those of us that got on board the first week have had an easier time. Lots of dumbs to prey on, so we got past some of those obnoxious barriers that Toshimo is pushing against.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Also, I think those of us that got on board the first week have had an easier time. Lots of dumbs to prey on, so we got past some of those obnoxious barriers that Toshimo is pushing against.

Yeah that's probably true! There are barriers all over though. Now I'm stuck needing Epic Pros. Not that it's a problem really, that's the whole point of the game. If we could breeze all the way up to Legend Pro what would be the point of playing?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
The Moscow Moose-Knucle was not enough...

Also, I tried to get ahead in the first couple of weeks, but my account got into a broken state and I couldn't do KotR until they ran out an update to fix it.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Toshimo posted:

Also, I tried to get ahead in the first couple of weeks, but my account got into a broken state and I couldn't do KotR until they ran out an update to fix it.

This is probably going to sound really lovely but if you just need a pro SR to advance why did you get a single UR Rusev in People Power instead of 2x Stardust SR?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

IcePhoenix posted:

This is probably going to sound really lovely but if you just need a pro SR to advance why did you get a single UR Rusev in People Power instead of 2x Stardust SR?

Toshimo posted:

I didn't realize they had this one ending 6 hours earlier than the other. Ground as hard as I could buy kept getting slowed down by the card limit.

30,610... :negative:

Also, I didn't know then that I was gonna get gated this hard (and stuck unable to make the cuts in KotR because of sandbaggers). I mean, hindsight's 20/20 and all.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

My last piece of advice is to try to take the long view. On an infinite timeline, you're going to get everything you want from this game eventually, so why rush it?

wizardstick
Apr 27, 2013
Might be for the best Toshimo, kind of regretting sandbagging to 2xSR Stardusts as they are pretty much instantly redundant as I hit Epic soon after and somehow waltzed into UR KotR final and nabbed 2 x Rowans. Just waiting to see how my current KotR turns out but hopefully another UR pair should be on its way.

I would suggest just keep spamming KotR and aim for a time when you will be awake and able to play after the 45th match. May be lucky that I'm a Britgoon so I'm assuming a lot of potential opponents are asleep when I hit this period in my KotRs.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

OK, I forgot that post (or just missed it completely), it is a good reason.

Yes, the sudden gate and sandbaggers are terrible.

Nerokerubina
Jun 7, 2007

I think swords are neat. Do you think swords are neat?!
it was pretty cool when I finally broke though the barrier into Epic exhibition, so excited to get my guaranteed epic card!

Taunt.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

My last piece of advice is to try to take the long view. On an infinite timeline, you're going to get everything you want from this game eventually, so why rush it?

Yeah that's the view I have. To me the game is kinda over once I get to the top, so I might as well enjoy the ride. This is basically just me pulling the arm of a slot machine over and over again while I wait in line for groceries or whatever. No sense getting mad that it's not paying out every single time.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Toshimo posted:

You have enough matches to get ladder SR Paige, no? Her stat total is like 60 more than Nikki, so she should be able to get you your guaranteed Epic.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Jonny Angel posted:

You have enough matches to get ladder SR Paige, no? Her stat total is like 60 more than Nikki, so she should be able to get you your guaranteed Epic.

Yeah. That's what I'm working on now.

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013
The 30-second wait I'm getting before matches might actually get me to quit this game. It's giving me time to think about how I'm wasting my life.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

Jonny Angel posted:

Is it s straight up fact that there are 2 energy cards in every field, or is that just the trend I've personally run into? Obviously sometimes you'll get to the Rare+ and reset before you hit both, but my sense is there's always 2.
Indeed, there are always two energy cards. Odds are you'll get them both before wiping the board; just playing matches for the energy cards is more efficient than swapping your KotR teams back-and-forth.

DoctorDelaware posted:

The 30-second wait I'm getting before matches might actually get me to quit this game. It's giving me time to think about how I'm wasting my life.
You're on a pro wrestling subforum on a comedy website.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I've been playing No Mercy again and it has probably my favorite CAW mode. I don't have to spend a whole day applying paint layers to get am accurate likeness. Just pick a similar face and then you got a varied selection of clothes. It feels just right.

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

pressedbunny posted:

Indeed, there are always two energy cards. Odds are you'll get them both before wiping the board; just playing matches for the energy cards is more efficient than swapping your KotR teams back-and-forth.

uh what?

I don't think you get how to cheeze KOTR.

You put in 4 commons. These are your tag teams. You don't ever have to swap them but gently caress it why not.

You put in your 4 best cards. 2 in the solo spots, 2 on the bench. Get a second diva that's good enough to maybe win some games. Every 2 hrs, you log in for less than 30 seconds and swap the teams.

When you wake up, you use 3 energy to refil your "A" team. Rinse, repeat. Tryhard when you get to the bracket. Unless you're just super weak on your best cards, you should win roughly 2/3 of your games. If you're really over-doing it, you probably will win against everyone that isn't doing what you're doing which in my last two was 1 dude.

It's absolutely not worth your time unless your time is fairly worthless to grind out energy during a KOTR. The system as-is is kinda busted.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Liar Lyre posted:

I've been playing No Mercy again and it has probably my favorite CAW mode. I don't have to spend a whole day applying paint layers to get am accurate likeness. Just pick a similar face and then you got a varied selection of clothes. It feels just right.

And because the in-game wrestlers were made the same way, the CAW looks and feels like one of them.

AmbassadorFriendly
Nov 19, 2008

Don't leave me hangin'

Liar Lyre posted:

It's the best. Everything is designed to be able to handle different colors and the color options are simple enough that you can always get to the one that you want.

The way they do the CAWs makes it really easy to give the regular roster updated attire as well. I don't know why it's taken so long to even get back to that one benchmark in terms of wrestling games.

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013

pressedbunny posted:

You're on a pro wrestling subforum on a comedy website.

Point.

AmbassadorFriendly posted:

It's the best. Everything is designed to be able to handle different colors and the color options are simple enough that you can always get to the one that you want.

The way they do the CAWs makes it really easy to give the regular roster updated attire as well. I don't know why it's taken so long to even get back to that one benchmark in terms of wrestling games.

The only problem I had with it was the lack of masks.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Another thing with No Mercy that I like, everyone has 4 attires that you can edit into different wrestlers if you want, quadrupling the roster if you like to make CAWs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

Telex posted:

uh what?

I meant for people who don't want to lame it out and piss everybody off by what is essentially abusing an oversight to cheat.