Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
limited supports is cooler because you need to make tactical decisions on who you pair up with who (including "do I bring this guy who isn't as good as this other guy because he can be bros with this other unit I want to do even better?")

sure you don't get as much tasty anime dialogue but that's what replaying the game/going on the internet and reading that poo poo are for

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Handaxe, at D rank has 3 attack power, 70 hit, 25 uses and does normal damage to fliers.

The Iron Bow, at D rank has 6 power, 85 hit, 45 uses and does triple damage to fliers.

yeah but all axe units are swole and all bow units are wimps, so the damage balances out

also you can use hand axe man to fight other units besides fliers, and save the spot you would've spent on bowman for literally anyone else who is actually useful outside of countering one type of unit if you have the right spacing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I.N.R.I posted:

did a archer sleep with your ex gf or something.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

that's s archer

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Cake Attack posted:

fe14 needs to not have pair up

gently caress you pair up was a lot of fun, it just needed to be more balanced with high levels and support ranks.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

gently caress you pair up was a lot of fun, it just needed to be more balanced with high levels and support ranks.

if pair up is balanced all that happens is that it's the same as normal fe game except you have half as many units.

in theory pair up could work if they somehow managed to perfectly balance the stat boosts so that pairing up is sometimes advantageous and sometimes not, but there's no way they'd get it right

Dec 26, 2012

it still wouldnt work because a lot of the strength of pair up is being able to hide a more fragile unit, or pair a slow but powerful unit with a flyer, so unless they went back to like unit weight and move penalties i dont see it ever being remotely balanced

what about it did you even like. what about its inclusion changes the game for the better

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I think that Pair Up without Dual Attack would be fine.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Paired units should double attack every time, never dual guard, and split damage 50/50 with some skills that can mitigate, transfer or tank damage.

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008

archer + weed = bomb rear end friday night

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
alright.. got a full day of free time today and im in a hotel so im going to play this for like 12 hours :D. i left off just as i was crossing the ocean last time.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial
I stopped playing and eent to bed at a reasonable time last night because there was a risen army on the only shop that sells second seals and on lunatic mode all risen armies are max level for some reason

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
the side quests to get the children are my fav missions so far cos theyre still challenging with my epic army.. maybe ill make as many as possible with the chars i dont use so i can play all the maps.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

I.N.R.I posted:

the side quests to get the children are my fav missions so far cos theyre still challenging with my epic army.. maybe ill make as many as possible with the chars i dont use so i can play all the maps.

Be careful not to marry anyone to the women who don't have kids cause there might not be enough men left over to knock everyone up.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Ristolaz posted:

Be careful not to marry anyone to the women who don't have kids cause there might not be enough men left over to knock everyone up.

i dont know which ones have kids or not so fi i miss something then so be it.. anyway, i like the game so much ill probably replay it again in the future on luantic.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Fargield posted:

archer + weed = bomb rear end friday night

hell yeah!!

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I.N.R.I posted:

i dont know which ones have kids or not so fi i miss something then so be it.. anyway, i like the game so much ill probably replay it again in the future on luantic.

all of them can have kids tho at least if you get them married to male avatar

but the ones who are guaranteed to have kids from everyone are red hair chick, pegasus chick, my irl wife tharja, dancer girl, croms sister, the chick with the parasol, mage girl, other pegasus chick, dragon riding lady, rabbit woman and the dragon girl who a SA moderator would gently caress

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

I.N.R.I posted:

the girl you get from a paralogue doesn't have a kid, and neither do the girls you get after the wyvern rider.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Inflammatory posted:

the girl you get from a paralogue doesn't have a kid, and neither do the girls you get after the wyvern rider.

It's not really a thing. Most of those tertiary characters only have supports with the avatar for just this reason. poo poo, even Tiki only supports male avatar, Nah and Anna. Im not even sure those two barbarians from Ferox can hook up, and they're practically begging to gently caress.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
it's p hosed up that you can't get chrom and tharja together, i want lucina to live a life with noire as her sister

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
imo fire emblem awakening 2 should just be a box of various anime figures that the player can press up against eachother to make them kiss and play house

it would save the programmers at intelligent systems a lot of work and probably sell just as well

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

darealkooky posted:

imo fire emblem awakening 2 should just be a box of various anime figures that the player can press up against eachother to make them kiss and play house

it would save the programmers at intelligent systems a lot of work and probably sell just as well

don't worry they're working on it http://www.nintendo.com/amiibo

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Beef Waifu posted:

it's p hosed up that you can't get chrom and tharja together, i want lucina to live a life with noire as her sister

it'd be cool if you could just hook anyone up but that'd be a lot of support conversations unless they did Radiant AI conversations like the ones in the barracks

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Doctor Goat posted:

it'd be cool if you could just hook anyone up but that'd be a lot of support conversations unless they did Radiant AI conversations like the ones in the barracks

yeah tru

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Does anyone not pair Vaike with Lon'qu?

Dec 26, 2012

Doctor Goat posted:

they did almost exactly that in radiant dawn and nobody liked it

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Dexters Secret posted:

don't worry they're working on it http://www.nintendo.com/amiibo

Literally the only official fire enblem merchandise the west is ever going to see

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
does anyone know how to keep severa alive in her recruitment mission -_- she keeps running next to the wall where an archer thats impossible to reach can one shot her. im gonna try using rescue on her before she gets there to buy some time but if that doesnt work then im all out of ideas.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

yeah just keep spamming rescue on her to keep her close to your units

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Rescues are buyable fairly early, and anyone who can use Staves can use them immediately, they're E-rank. So they're the best way to grind levels for your healers

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Terper posted:

Rescues are buyable fairly early, and anyone who can use Staves can use them immediately, they're E-rank. So they're the best way to grind levels for your healers

eyah they give a poo poo load of XP

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

TheKingofSprings posted:

Literally the only official fire enblem merchandise the west is ever going to see

http://www.goodsmile.info/en/product/3960/Tharja.html :mrgw:

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

epic ... dont think even i could pull off owning this though,.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
one day i will own it

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

NINTENDO IS SO FUCKIN COOL!

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
fire implem

I really need to actually get around to finishing Awakening, I keep reaching points where I'm like, augh I have all these paralogues and a billion weapons I don't know what to do with and everyone needs to be reclassed but for some reason I can't seem to beat the actual story progress mission so I just give up and restart to try and get a system in place for managing stuff

I wish I hadn't gone and just looked up everything about everything to the game and just...played it without any knowledge of how it all worked like I was doing the first time, where I ended up killing Gaius because he attacked Chrom and died in one hit so I thought he was just supposed to die but come back later as a good guy

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

i think i'm gonna start up a lunatic/casual game. i'd do classic but the first 3 chapters are so insanely loving RNG it's not even funny.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
just bumping this to ask if any of the dlc is worth it ... maybe the hot spring one? :mister greenwater:

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I.N.R.I posted:

just bumping this to ask if any of the dlc is worth it ... maybe the hot spring one? :mister greenwater:

It depends on what you want to get out of it. Some dlc has exclusive skills to unlock and exclusive character cards, and others like the beach one have sexy pics of your favorite characters, but you can always look them up online. And there's always the grinding dlc but you have stated your anti grinding stance.

Also your new avatar is cool

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

mabels big day posted:

It depends on what you want to get out of it. Some dlc has exclusive skills to unlock and exclusive character cards, and others like the beach one have sexy pics of your favorite characters, but you can always look them up online. And there's always the grinding dlc but you have stated your anti grinding stance.

Also your new avatar is cool

thank you, and thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

The Future Past is really fun and really hard but without requiring min/maxing as you're kinda supposed to do it with the Gen1 characters. But you need to grind quite a bit for it. So you'll also really want Lost Bloodlines for the paragon skill that doubles XP.

• Locked thread