Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Why didn't I flip scum?

What the bloody gently caress WAS I?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
At the end of D1, I got to choose what faction I thought was going to win the game. I should have been smart and went with 3P, but no... I ended up thinking that scum would win. And I was so close to that goal. So close, but Hal's brilliant fuckery brought about my defeat.

Also, you guys are mean in those docs. :(

Jefepato
Mar 11, 2009

This?! This is a glorious dance! That has been passed down! In my family for generations!
I don't think MMM's flip actually said "scum" either, even though he was.

Meinberg what were your other questions?

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck

MildManeredManikin posted:

Ah yes, people talking about me in docs, this is what I like to see.

quote:

Adus once technically won a challenge
but the never brought up the mod mistake that made him lose it

this is a bit of an exaggeration. i may have gotten a bag in that one part of the challenge. and i'm not even sure that's true. i think he just marked the grid wrong rather than me actually guessing correctly.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Meinberg, that's what a doc is for! You haven't made it on SA unless you have someone hating on you in a doc!

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Jefepato posted:

I don't think MMM's flip actually said "scum" either, even though he was.

Meinberg what were your other questions?

Here are my original questions:

Does the scum team have more than one night kill?
Is there more than one scum team?
Are there any Third-Parties with night kills?
Is flavor related to alignment?

and

Is the game well balanced?

That last one was deemed an opinion and I tossed it out, and asked whether or not Diqnol was scum. The answer to every question was no.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I was the friendliest SK there ever was.

I could have won with town too.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Meinberg posted:

Here are my original questions:

Does the scum team have more than one night kill?
Is there more than one scum team?
Are there any Third-Parties with night kills?
Is flavor related to alignment?

and

Is the game well balanced?

That last one was deemed an opinion and I tossed it out, and asked whether or not Diqnol was scum. The answer to every question was no.

three were true, two were false.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I would like to say to everybody:

I'm sorry.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Well that sure was something.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Gotta say, being in a 10-person masonry made this game a heck of a lot of fun. It might be unfortunate that my game was almost entirely out of thread, but what can you do.

Getting my role flipped on day 15thwhatever sure was fun!

Jefepato
Mar 11, 2009

This?! This is a glorious dance! That has been passed down! In my family for generations!
I would like to add that the actual reason I killed Poque early is because there were a bunch of modkills slated for the end of D2. I deliberately posted enough to get over the 20-post threshold and then sent the kill order.

Sadly, the modkills didn't happen.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Asiina posted:

Hal why didn't you come back to the doc :(

This was the first time I came back to the forums since you sent me that PM and before that I didn't even think to go back to it after DHD brought me back to life.

DHD really should be a co-winner!

Thanks mods this game was of course awesome to me even though I never once bothered to look for scum. I loved like the seven people in our masonry who actually spoke. This was a super fun game.

Mills I want you to know I only grudgingly voted for your death D1. Too many people wouldn't budge.

TT we will miss you, let's talk about video games sometime since you seem to have good taste, Kingdom Hearts aside.

Seriously though, cool giant masonry, won the fan vote for my reading, came back from the dead AND got a 3p victory by self-doublevoting in LYLO? I'll probably never top that... I think maybe it's time for me to take a break too when my current games end. Twin Peaks mafia is a nice coda.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

I especially enjoyed the illiteracy induced modkills. That was an entertaining day to read.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Also Adus I was gunning for you because I was scum. Apologies.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

I liked the part where I suddenly appeared in scumdoc and you apologized for throwing suspicion on me for literally no reason.

That was funny.

But the true heroes of the thread are unquestionably the epic works of multimedia fan fiction. I can't wait for us to bust out the rest of Mario Saga!

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Of course I know that Hal. :)

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

My power was really neat, but I think the only real way to use it was to either use it on myself early or save it for endgame. I went with whatever seemed the funniest on N1 instead. I was pretty close to using it on Diqnol, though. What would have happened then considering he was scum and it potentially could have made him town?

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck

no poo poo!

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Hal Incandenza posted:

Seriously though, cool giant masonry, won the fan vote for my reading, came back from the dead AND got a 3p victory by self-doublevoting in LYLO? I'll probably never top that... I think maybe it's time for me to take a break too when my current games end. Twin Peaks mafia is a nice coda.
is literally everyone quitting mafia

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Propaganda Machine posted:

Gotta say, being in a 10-person masonry made this game a heck of a lot of fun. It might be unfortunate that my game was almost entirely out of thread, but what can you do.

Getting my role flipped on day 15thwhatever sure was fun!

I would have been so sad playing this game alone. The masonry made it. Sorry for all of you who weren't in the cool kids club.

Jefepato posted:

I would like to add that the actual reason I killed Poque early is because there were a bunch of modkills slated for the end of D2. I deliberately posted enough to get over the 20-post threshold and then sent the kill order.

Sadly, the modkills didn't happen.

I got super mad about the lack of modkills. Mods shouldn't go back on their word like that. Especially after the fact.

Hal Incandenza posted:

This was the first time I came back to the forums since you sent me that PM and before that I didn't even think to go back to it after DHD brought me back to life.

I can't believe you forgot about us :(

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck
also being a 3p survivor in this massive game was touchy enough but being outed pretty early probably didn't help. or maybe it's the only reason i lived as long as i did? interesting to say the least.

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

Pinterest Mom posted:

We need a better game to play.

Adus posted:

also being a 3p survivor in this massive game was touchy enough but being outed pretty early probably didn't help. or maybe it's the only reason i lived as long as i did? interesting to say the least.

It probably helped you stick around that long, really. It would have been tough for you nearing LYLO, though.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Pinterest Mom posted:

They're actually being recruited to a much better version of the SA mafia community.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Pinterest Mom posted:

I'm finished with Mafia myself. I just don't have the time and/or energy to apply to the game. Plus, I'm terrible at it. And everyone is always mean to me.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
my case on prop was slam dunk :(

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I'm sure I will play again at some point, just need a break.

Oh man, I almost forgot I randomly fake-claimed confirmed town with PoP (who turned out to be a cultist) in the other thread when I was still town. Man, this really was fun.

TT and Hurt, you guys really did a good job keeping this as controlled chaos even it everything didn't run perfectly. Great work.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
also diqnol really just can't stop bragging about soldiers mafia lol

Jefepato
Mar 11, 2009

So wait, on D2 at least, was Poque actually aligned with our scumteam? I spent most of the game assuming that he was on a second scumteam and always had been.

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

Jefepato posted:

So wait, on D2 at least, was Poque actually aligned with our scumteam? I spent most of the game assuming that he was on a second scumteam and always had been.

Yes, I made him a member of your scumteam.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Meinberg posted:

I'm finished with Mafia myself. I just don't have the time and/or energy to apply to the game. Plus, I'm terrible at it. And everyone is always mean to me.

I appreciate you meinberg.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

DuckHuntDog posted:

Yes, I made him a member of your scumteam.

Did you nullify my power?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Meinberg posted:

I'm never mean to you!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Jefepato posted:

The masonry was no scum team!

We were town :sun:

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

Did you nullify my power?

Nope, all I had was the one-shot night action and apparenlty thr power of prayer.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Who turned me into an SK.

That was fun.

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

Somone else flipped Pyschic like I was... I wanna say PoP?

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Hal, I had no outside information that Pecota and winvirus were scum, I just knew it in my gut and shot from the hip and invented a whole bunch of information about them. :clint:

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck

Meinberg posted:

meinberg you're a cool guy sorry i tried to lynch you i am bad at mafia and was just going on what little info i had

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Oh the thing about me dodging my role PM was true by the way. It was eventually forced upon me because scum kept asking hurt why I wasn't posting in the doc.

• Locked thread