Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

MildManeredManikin posted:

Oh the thing about me dodging my role PM was true by the way. It was eventually forced upon me because scum kept asking hurt why I wasn't posting in the doc.

I didn't really care in this particular game even though I thought you were serious about it, but that is a pretty unfair way to play this game in general and you even ended up being scum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

Adus posted:

meinberg you're a cool guy sorry i tried to lynch you i am bad at mafia and was just going on what little info i had

I'm actually cool with people. I just have trouble keeping the game and personal feelings separate, but with some distance, things get better. It's one of the reasons I shouldn't play Mafia, though.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I will fight you right now Meinberg.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

you got like the one bastard role too :[

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

DuckHuntDog posted:

I didn't really care in this particular game even though I thought you were serious about it, but that is a pretty unfair way to play this game in general and you even ended up being scum.

Interesting. I was kind of screwing around because I figured this would be the game where I could get away with it. Could you elaborate on what you think is unfair?

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Hal Incandenza posted:

I will fight you right now Meinberg.

You contemptible fucker, taking away my victory when I stood so close to the glory of leaving Mafia on a win! I shall not abide this! Or something like that.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Tremendous Taste posted:

you got like the one bastard role too :[

Were the roles RNGed? Because I'm pretty sure that the Cassandra was built for me.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

lmao again at winvirus making the dumbest imaginable claim and making sure the entire cult would go down if one of us did with two votes on him

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Interesting. I was kind of screwing around because I figured this would be the game where I could get away with it. Could you elaborate on what you think is unfair?

Not reading your role PM is unfair because it lets you post with a town mindset, regardless of alignment. It defeats the purpose of the entire concept of Mafia as a game.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Power of Pecota posted:

lmao again at winvirus making the dumbest imaginable claim and making sure the entire cult would go down if one of us did with two votes on him

I enjoyed our cross-thread dota chat.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Mills posted:

Not reading your role PM is unfair because it lets you post with a town mindset, regardless of alignment. It defeats the purpose of the entire concept of Mafia as a game.

Look at this idiot, thinking that this game was actually Mafia.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

You have to sacrifice the informed part of being in the uninformed minority though.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Also if you play with town mindset the whole game and town wins because of it then uh, you would lose if you were scum.

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

You have to sacrifice the informed part of being in the uninformed minority though.

Which makes it all the harder for the majority, who must catch you, to do so.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Asiina posted:

I enjoyed our cross-thread dota chat.

Expect plenty more in the spectatordoc for this season of awful survivor :o

I'm on Meepo in the all-hero challenge and have gotten totally dumped on twice. In my second try there was a Lich on the other team who literally would save a chain frost for as soon as I poofed in and killed me with it like 6-7 times

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Meinberg posted:

Were the roles RNGed? Because I'm pretty sure that the Cassandra was built for me.

yes

Power of Pecota posted:

man your roles were COOL and GOOD and EVERYTHING

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Let's bring this to the discussion thread actually. I'm interested in where it goes.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Meinberg posted:

I'm actually cool with people. I just have trouble keeping the game and personal feelings separate, but with some distance, things get better. It's one of the reasons I shouldn't play Mafia, though.

same

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Tremendous Taste posted:

man your roles were COOL and GOOD and EVERYTHING

By the time I had a win condition I had two people claiming they were confirmed masons with me and how can you say no to that ever?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

For reference, based on an ecco role:

priest- blesses three people per night. 33% doc that night, % unknown to priest

monster - looks 5 people per night. untrackable and unblockable

they find each other thru night actions

priest - blesses three people per night. blessed are made more susceptible to being killed/turned cult by monster. can stack blessings on cultist to give them doc

monster - 1shot bp. can attack player for x/x/x chance of kill/turn/nothing. once player has been blessed has 70/20/10. once player turns can attempt +1 kill per night with decreased odds

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

I was so confused when Hal wasn't the monster I was looking for, I thought he submitted my name or something as part of a role and knew we were the beast/priest combo, haha

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Way to go, Hal!

Sadly I never really got into this game because I spent so long waiting around to find out what my actual role was and then as soon as I got it I died. I was in that mason doc for about 3 hours :(

I told you guys PMach was scum though :henget:

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
capps you were pretty much correct. then again, i'm not sure how proud you should be for calling out the literally first scum post ever made by first-time scum. then again it gave me a bit of a paranoid petrified rush so that was fun.

also Rarity you were absolutely dead wrong. so were cannonballs and pmom. i was in fact town when you guys were going after me.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Propaganda Machine posted:

also Rarity you were absolutely dead wrong. so were cannonballs and pmom. i was in fact town when you guys were going after me.

Ah right. I only checked the last page of the scumdoc, I didn't pay attention to any alignment switches.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

That would explain a lot. I was thinking how oddly scummy you sounded around the time of the capps lynch, but it jarred with my earlier impressions!

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
i wish i could have pulled a better scum game. i've lost a LOT of mafia steam over the past couple weeks, between survivor and real life stuff. when i was left as the solitary scum, i phoned it in.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Hal that was one hell of a post to wake up to. If I could imagine any way for this game to have ended, in my greatest dreams it would be that.

Thank you guys so much for playing this game. It was dumb, it was huge. We said it would be a trainwreck and that it was. When I get a chance I'll message Taste the actually followable mod doc so you guys can scope flavor and actions and such.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Pinterest Mom posted:

is literally everyone quitting mafia

I'm taking a break, too. I like running games more than playing - though playing is still fun - and it's hard to run them when my work year has been so difficult so far (as in I just woke up from twelve hours of sleep because I was so exhausted).

That said, neat game even if I checked out for awhile there! Everyone who's going on Fall break should come back, though.

Questions: Why didn't my banhammer vig kill Asiina? Just what in the hell did my power actually DO (another reason I kinda checked out)?

I love everyone.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Asiina had a one time 50-50 bp. Your banhammer got blocked

As for reality breaking, it helped hal win the game and if pmach had chosen the yellow gem it would have given jefe a 50-50 bp as well so he might have survived Asiinas attack. It gave an action to every non town.

Jefepato
Mar 11, 2009

This?! This is a glorious dance! That has been passed down! In my family for generations!

Dr. Hurt posted:

As for reality breaking, it helped hal win the game and if pmach had chosen the yellow gem it would have given jefe a 50-50 bp as well so he might have survived Asiinas attack. It gave an action to every non town.

It's getting depressing to think of all the ways we almost won.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Dr. Hurt posted:

What would've happened if I'd picked a different number?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
did everybody in our ten-person masonry have that 50-50 bp?

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
Haha this game, thanks to hurt and taste and everyone for playing - mostly my fellow masons who really made the game for me and literally got me to climb down from some borderline ragequitting moments, it was a certainly an experience, one that has destroyed a few players admittedly! Since Hal was a mason I'm counting this as a win for the definitely not a cult secret murder masonry regardless of anyone else's opinions. I'm not quitting but I'll also not be joining any games at least until the end of the month when I'll have relocated back to the UK.

Meinberg posted:

Also, you guys are mean in those docs. :(

Sorry Meinberg, some of us, mentioning no names (me), got carried away with non-masons being our enemies and was needlessly rude about people a lot in the doc. No malice or offence was intended to anyone - I tend to forget people get to read them afterwards and go way overboard, you're all right with me Meindude and I hope it wasn't too offensive.

Poque posted:

Yeah I did.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Poque posted:

nope. i started the game super vanilla.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
unless i had it and didn't know about it.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
The 50/50 BP was the only thing I started with.

The vig and the daycop and the SK were all given to me.

I also was able to give Prop a post restriction on the last day. I said that she would have to post only one word per line, but I guess it didn't go through.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I also had the 50/50 BP thing!

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I really wanted somebody to try to vig me and for my bp to activate so I could claim I was telling the truth about my first insane claim.

Also I was laughing so much after people were trying to link me to a scumteam I never had any interaction with.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I want to know how I loving died!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Also every time fl tried to crash me it was sweet. Especially the second time, why did you do it fast luck?

• Locked thread