Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Shugojin posted:

Yeah that's apparently how it works, even though Genos was able to jump to S-rank immediately. I guess you enter at a rank and then work up the way NO MATTER WHAT.

That's only how it works for C -> A. S is a special rank that they made specifically to put heroes that are the strongest but who are not motivated to rise through the ranks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Genocyber posted:

That's only how it works for C -> A. S is a special rank that they made specifically to put heroes that are the strongest but who are not motivated to rise through the ranks.

Initially, yes. That is why S rank was initially created. But it seems that S rank has become the same as all the other ranks by this point in the story.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
So Saitama is moving into this place now?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

gnome7 posted:

Initially, yes. That is why S rank was initially created. But it seems that S rank has become the same as all the other ranks by this point in the story.

Basically. It doesn't really matter what S Rank is supposed to mean when you're dealing with human error, bureaucratic inertia, and Dumb Jerks.

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax

PaganGoatPants posted:

So Saitama is moving into this place now?

Obviously.

The real question is whether Genos still has to pay him rent now that it's free.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
No, the real question is if there's a supermarket in that place, and if so, when are the next sales on vegetables.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Nahxela posted:

No, the real question is if there's a supermarket in that place, and if so, when are the next sales on vegetables.

There better be, for the Association's sake. Wouldn't want those really expensive defense bots malfunctioning every time Saitama needs to go buy his groceries.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Murata's art is cool and all, but i dont think I like Genos winning onpanel

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
New Chapter

:gonk: What the gently caress Sweet Mask

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Hahaha does Sweet Mask have a crush on Saitama?

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

BlitzBlast posted:

Nah, I think Sweet Mask is referring to "God"

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

BlitzBlast posted:

I wouldn't really call it a crush. Rather, he was always someone who cared about power and aesthetics but then he saw Saitama at work. Sweet Mask is a giant dick, but he was one of the few people present at the Garou fight who could actually recognize what Saitama was doing. So, now that he has witnessed someone who is stronger than he could have ever imagined the part about looks doesn't seem so important.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

BlitzBlast posted:

The next person added to the harem

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Terror Sweat posted:

The next person added to the harem

Everybody wants a piece of Caped Baldy. :allears:

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Oh man. That What if I was a monster? line.

Is he going to turn into a monster as well?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Oh man. That What if I was a monster? line.

Is he going to turn into a monster as well?

I'm guessing he always was. He's got the same veiny thing going on that we've seen before.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I forget, did his throat get injured during the Garou fight? I remember he got knocked around, but not the specifics.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
The new heroes are great. Too bad rhythm guy is gonna get busted up.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Serious Frolicking posted:

I forget, did his throat get injured during the Garou fight? I remember he got knocked around, but not the specifics.

His entire face got punched in two inches, he recovered. He has some weird healing ability

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

T.G. Xarbala posted:

Everybody wants a piece of Caped Baldy. :allears:

Basically everybody who actually sees Saitama in action is either utterly transfixed, or comes up with some rationalization that a guy that lame-looking couldn't possibly have done it.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Chain'n'Frog is the best hero

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

But only by a little bit.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Sorry but Watchdog Man's still the best.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Not as good as

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81vLH7ITNbE

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Shugojin posted:

Basically everybody who actually sees Saitama in action is either utterly transfixed, or comes up with some rationalization that a guy that lame-looking couldn't possibly have done it.

Or starts to hang out with him.
I wonder if he meets all the people that gathered for that party/gathering/mooch fest every once in a while.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Nah, I think Sweet Mask is referring to "God"

This. This right here.

Remember that hobo? The bum with fire powers?

Whatever the hell that dude worshiped has tainted Sweet Mask, I'm placing all bets on it.

White Light fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Nov 26, 2014

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I took it that Sweet Mask was affected by "God" from the start, he just has a different way of expressing it. Like being a nominal hero with a nasty streak rather than joining the monster club or being openly villainous.

Dr. MonkeyThunder
Sep 21, 2005

All is, if i have grace to use it so...
I thought all the powerful heroes were basically just monsters that didn't decide to randomly start attacking people? They still have gimmicks based on being so utterly obsessed with something that they've transformed.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Dr. MonkeyThunder posted:

I thought all the powerful heroes were basically just monsters that didn't decide to randomly start attacking people? They still have gimmicks based on being so utterly obsessed with something that they've transformed.
Not really, Genos is a robot, Bang is just really good at martial arts, Pri-Pri Prisoner is A Huge Slab Of Beefy Muscle, King is King... sometimes a strong guy is just a strong guy.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
also psionic bullshit appears to be a thing unto itself in OPM-World

Dr. MonkeyThunder
Sep 21, 2005

All is, if i have grace to use it so...
Slabs of beef don't have angel transformations, but yeah, robotics and psychics seem to be their own thing.

Still a lot of the rest just seem to be obsession based monsters. Though considering that it's surprising OPM doesn't have any sale based powers.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Dr. MonkeyThunder posted:

Monsters are people who undergo a metamorphosis for w/e reason, massively increasing their power while also putting a hard cap on it. I don't remember if this has been explicitly explained yet or not but it's just a minor setting detail anyway,

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

As far as being strong enough to be a hero, villain, or monster goes, I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter how you get there so long as you've made it.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
What if Watchdog-Man isn't wearing a suit, then? :ohdear:

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I caved in and I finished reading this after finishing the redrawn version and I like this version too. I wonder if the next time we see Tatsumaki she'll be wearing a helmet or something.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Mraagvpeine posted:

I caved in and I finished reading this after finishing the redrawn version and I like this version too. I wonder if the next time we see Tatsumaki she'll be wearing a helmet or something.

I, too, just made this colossal mistake. At least I'm waiting on the start of an arc, rather than the end.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
I noticed this on a reread: http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Onepunch-Man/44-5-Read-Online?id=195263 Look at the heroes on the page after Saitama goes Bang! His neighbors are in the group. Now I'm wondering if ONE gives Murata some designs for the new content or if he's adding them into the main one.

Captain Quack
Feb 18, 2013

Can Of Worms posted:

I noticed this on a reread: http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Onepunch-Man/44-5-Read-Online?id=195263 Look at the heroes on the page after Saitama goes Bang! His neighbors are in the group. Now I'm wondering if ONE gives Murata some designs for the new content or if he's adding them into the main one.

After reading both ONE's and Murata's version I do believe that ONE's have things planned way ahead especially with the little changes and extras add in Murata's version.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
http://bato.to/read/_/291749/onepunch-man-original_ch98_by_anonymous

Things are going to get intense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
Hoooo poo poo, this is going to be good. It was only a matter of time before Tatsumaki and Saitama inevitably came to blows. She is the closest thing to someone on his level we've seen in the entire comic, possibly even including Garou.