Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
aequalis
Aug 11, 2010

Fernando is smugger than you. Can you confirm you understand that message?

learnincurve posted:

Nico not his self these days is he.

He's become very invisible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Jenson Button starting p4, what is going on?

AgentJotun
Nov 1, 2007
What sort of odds can I get for this being the most boring race of the season? 5/4? 10/9?

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Sebastian Vettel still owns even though bitter red bull are now obviously sabotaging his car even more now.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Lewis. Please, shut the gently caress up. (He's going on and on about how wonderful the track is and how great it looks.)

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:

Tsaedje posted:

HJB posted:

EricssonButton's suddenly not completely terrible, ah the wonders of fighting for your seat.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

Tsaedje posted:

Mercedes engine is ridic

learnincurve posted:

Lewis. Please, shut the gently caress up. (He's going on and on about how wonderful the track is and how great it looks.)

he's a big idiot for sure

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

As Nico's title challenge shrinks, so his ear grows.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

AgentJotun posted:

What sort of odds can I get for this being the most boring race of the season? 5/4? 10/9?

1 stop race with no clear overtaking spots except one of the DRS zones

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
Kvyat is quite a likeable guy when he is being interviewed on Russian tv. Red Bull will actually be a fun and nice team next year.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

RideTheSpiral posted:

Kvyat is quite a likeable guy when he is being interviewed on Russian tv. Red Bull will actually be a fun and nice team next year.

Counterpoint: Christian loving Horner will still be there

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
I didn't realise Ricciardo was leaving either.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
KMag's beard's coming along nicely.

Alonso looked like death warmed up earlier.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

learnincurve posted:

That was a political message for Putin. We love your country please don't hate us.

Something ive noticed the past couple of races. Whats with Ferarri staff walking in front of Sky F1's cameras when intewrviews are being held in the paddock smoking cigarettes? Marlboro perhaps?

Myrddin_Emrys fucked around with this message at 13:22 on Oct 11, 2014

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Posted without comment

AgentJotun
Nov 1, 2007
Someone must have approached Lewis with a breifcase full of money.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

learnincurve posted:

Alonso looked like death warmed up earlier.

Both Alonso and Button have looked absolutely miserable this weekend

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Tsaedje posted:

Posted without comment

I have a feeling I am missing something obvious here?

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

MrL_JaKiri posted:

Both Alonso and Button have looked absolutely miserable this weekend

Button I can understand, he's likely done at the end of this season. I don't understand why Alonso is looking so grouchy. Only thing I can think of is that he didn't end up getting the seat he wanted (whichever that might have been).

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

darth cookie posted:

Button I can understand, he's likely done at the end of this season. I don't understand why Alonso is looking so grouchy. Only thing I can think of is that he didn't end up getting the seat he wanted (whichever that might have been).

yeah that or that one of his friends almost died a couple weeks ago

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
Are Damon looked very pleased with himself that he managed to eventually mumble that last sentence out.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

HJB posted:

I didn't realise Ricciardo was leaving either.

I'm sorry but the guy who exposed Vettel as a beta scrub chump is a hero round these parts.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
OK GP2 next, im looking forward to this. I love me some GP2 racing.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

El Hefe posted:

Yeah ok fair enough. It didn't occur to me that he and Bianchi were that close.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

Some pretty bad clothes choices even for them

Also Button and Alonso are two of the oldest drivers out there, maybe they don't have the same youthful exuberance to overcome the emotions of last weekend. Hell, the youngest drivers out there aren't even old enough to remember Senna/Ratzenberger's deaths, the idea that they could actually die racing is just an abstract concept to them.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Tsaedje posted:

Some pretty bad clothes choices even for them

You know, they both dress so horrendously that you eventually become desensitised to the eye assault.

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

The fashion police are coming for your uncool niece

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

Tsaedje posted:

Hell, the youngest drivers out there aren't even old enough to remember Senna/Ratzenberger's deaths, the idea that they could actually die racing is just an abstract concept to them.

Sir Lewis Hamilton MBE remembers.

The Sweet Hereafter
Jan 11, 2010

darth cookie posted:

Adrian Newey and a $300 million plus annual budget, and a lanky 6ft tall team mate to make you look good. Plus nobody in any other team could make a half decent car (except for the 2011 McLaren. That car was good, just not good enough against the all conquering Red Bull).

The 2012 McLaren was arguably a better/faster car, but they somehow went nowhere for most of the European part of the season with bad upgrades and general Mclaren-style cock ups.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Tsaedje posted:

the idea that they could actually die racing is just an abstract concept to them.

The idea that THEY could die racing is a concept that has been alien to every racing driver since the sport began. What you might have gotten a driver to admit back in that day was that there was a possibility that OTHER racing drivers might die.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

El Hefe posted:

It was only last Sunday. What weird time keeping do you Mexicans have?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
There was a interview with James Hunt after he retired, where he said back in the days when drivers would die or get injured all the time they all used to look at the odds, and think that if someone else went then there was less chance that they would die themselves. So if there was a 1/10 chance that someone would die at a circuit and then someone crashed out in qualifying then the drivers would go into the race with the mindset that as that 1 had been taken already for that year then everyone else would be ok.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
Jolyon Palmer British World GP2 Champion

GET IN!

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

Their pants match each others shirts.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

Jolyon Palmer British World GP2 Champion

GET IN!

Could be a Brit 1,2,3 in F1, GP2 and GP3

BAD AT STUFF
May 10, 2012

We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because fuck you.
edit; maybe not, I'm dumb.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Also black guy on pole for inaugural Russian Grand Prix.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Nico is totally going to race like poo poo until double points, it's really happening

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Watch this: tomorrow will be a good race if you like random poo poo happening, because everyone will cook their tyres worse than quali and drift everywhere, and they will be unfamiliar with the track as the race progresses and they get unfamiliar fuel load/tyre wear combinations. Also it will be very boring because safety cars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

It was really interesting what was happening with the tyres, Just getting better and better until they make a Williams faster than a Merc (for 8 tenths of a lap) and then falling off immediately. That plus the inevitable safety car when someone drops one of their helmet tear-off strips onto the track mean lots could happen tomorrow. I'm also in the minority in that I don't hate this track yet so I'm cautiously optimistic.

• Locked thread