Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

MildManeredManikin posted:

Jedit are you leaving yourself out of that for any reason other than it being your post?

No, because I'm confirmed Town by a cop investigation.

I'm starting to wonder if you and Hal aren't in a masonry called the scumdoc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Jedit posted:

Then the kill was MMM, Somber or Magnus - assuming you can confirm you're Tracker. Even if Hal is scum, we shouldn't lynch anyone not on that list today.

Why is my name on that list?

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
In fact where did you get your list from Jedit? You haven't mentioned suspicion of either Somber or Manikin.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Jedit posted:

Then the kill was MMM, Somber or Magnus - assuming you can confirm you're Tracker. Even if Hal is scum, we shouldn't lynch anyone not on that list today.

Jedit, I've described my role already. I redirect a person's action to whomever I choose. I've been picking people I've quietly thought are scummy, and making them do whatever they're doing to themselves. If I guess right, a scum suicides.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Magnus Gallant posted:

In fact where did you get your list from Jedit? You haven't mentioned suspicion of either Somber or Manikin.

My list is people who aren't dead, aren't confirmed Town and aren't known to have not performed the kill. Why are you questioning it?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

apostateCourier posted:

Jedit, I've described my role already. I redirect a person's action to whomever I choose. I've been picking people I've quietly thought are scummy, and making them do whatever they're doing to themselves. If I guess right, a scum suicides.

I remember now. I'm on my phone so without full reference. Same difference, though; unless you're lying about at least one of your role or your target, you can't be scum. Can anything you've claimed be verified?

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Jedit posted:

I remember now. I'm on my phone so without full reference. Same difference, though; unless you're lying about at least one of your role or your target, you can't be scum. Can anything you've claimed be verified?

I don't believe it can be, since I don't get to see any results that aren't public knowledge anyway (deaths).

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Jedit posted:

My list is people who aren't dead, aren't confirmed Town and aren't known to have not performed the kill. Why are you questioning it?

Because I was curious about what your logic was.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

So Hal and I have been talking and our conclusions are this:

Jedit has a good point about the scum candidates but we should consider no lynching first. aC has a role that can kill scum instantly and since we're likely in MYLO we don't lose any lynches from no lynching. Thoughts?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

So Hal and I have been talking and our conclusions are this:

Jedit has a good point about the scum candidates but we should consider no lynching first. aC has a role that can kill scum instantly and since we're likely in MYLO we don't lose any lynches from no lynching. Thoughts?

My thoughts are you were thinking Hal was scum five minutes ago, so why are you listening to his thoughts now?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Jedit posted:

My thoughts are you were thinking Hal was scum five minutes ago, so why are you listening to his thoughts now?

We had a chat. It's important to listen to people even if you're suspicious of them, you don't have to agree with them.

The no lynch idea was mine though and I said it because I think it's helpful no matter who is scum.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

We had a chat. It's important to listen to people even if you're suspicious of them, you don't have to agree with them.

The no lynch idea was mine though and I said it because I think it's helpful no matter who is scum.

You need to explain your reasoning there. Whether we lynch or not, the scum are going to try to kill me as they really can't let a confirmed Town player go into LYLO. This will gain us no information whatsoever. Even Apostate's target claim is dependent on him telling the truth about his ability, which I don't think can be verified in any way other than him hitting.

Apart from that, the only thing we can presume is that the roleblocker is Town. If they were scum, they would have kept blocking Asiina until he could be killed. Since you and Hal confirm each other as Masons, it's neither of you. So, my suggestion is that we lynch either you or Hal. Then AC can redirect Hal again and whichever of Magnus and Somber is the roleblocker can block the other. Unless AC is lying, or I'm badly wrong about the RB, we can't lose: a scum death will confirm AC and put us into 4MYLO with two confirmed Town, no kill will probably out a member of the scum team and at worst will keep the game going.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
I really like how fast this game is going :munch:

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

busb posted:

We're all preparing for "real" Thanksgiving!

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

busb posted:

Shut up, you're dead.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Hi, sorry I've been neglecting this game. Jedit is right, with the setup information we have, it makes the most sense to no-lunch. Let's do that. ##vote no lynch.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Somberbrero posted:

Hi, sorry I've been neglecting this game. Jedit is right, with the setup information we have, it makes the most sense to no-lunch. Let's do that. ##vote no lynch.

Jedit didn't say that.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Jedit posted:

Jedit didn't say that.

You're right, sorry. I don't know how I got that from your post.

Whether or not AC or the roleblocker are town or lying is incidental though, isn't a no-lynch what is going to put us in the place for tomorrow? I don't know if it'll make a huge difference but it can't hurt.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
I agree with the no lynch idea. But I find the mindset that brought it about really weird

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Somberbrero posted:

You're right, sorry. I don't know how I got that from your post.

Whether or not AC or the roleblocker are town or lying is incidental though, isn't a no-lynch what is going to put us in the place for tomorrow? I don't know if it'll make a huge difference but it can't hurt.

A no lynch makes it less likely that AC or the roleblocker will find their target, and guarantees that whoever dies will be Town - probably me, as I'm confirmed Town and nobody else is. We would go into tomorrow knowing no more than we do now. If we take the shot, we have at least a 40% chance to kill scum followed by a good chance to block the NK - 100%, if one of the Masons is indeed scum and AC is telling the truth about his role. Anyone arguing for a No Lynch at this point is an idiot or scum.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Jedit posted:

A no lynch makes it less likely that AC or the roleblocker will find their target, and guarantees that whoever dies will be Town - probably me, as I'm confirmed Town and nobody else is. We would go into tomorrow knowing no more than we do now. If we take the shot, we have at least a 40% chance to kill scum followed by a good chance to block the NK - 100%, if one of the Masons is indeed scum and AC is telling the truth about his role. Anyone arguing for a No Lynch at this point is an idiot or scum.

Ummm... that's still better odds that we would hit the wrong person and lose the game though! No-lynching guarantees a tomorrow. I don't see how you can say that. Also I think it's a bit much to assume that there is a scum in a 2 person masonry.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Magnus Gallant posted:

I agree with the no lynch idea. But I find the mindset that brought it about really weird

Elaborate please!

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Hal Incandenza posted:

Elaborate please!

"I think Hal is scummy"

"Me and Hal thought of a great plan let's no lynch"

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Magnus Gallant posted:

"I think Hal is scummy"

"Me and Hal thought of a great plan let's no lynch"

So you can't parse how we maybe had a long talk in our masonry and he didn't think I was scummy after that? Or even if he did he wasn't so sure that he thought no-lynching was safer?

I'm on the fence still about MMM, but you are way over-simplifying here.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Hal Incandenza posted:

So you can't parse how we maybe had a long talk in our masonry and he didn't think I was scummy after that? Or even if he did he wasn't so sure that he thought no-lynching was safer?

I'm on the fence still about MMM, but you are way over-simplifying here.

I can only see what's happening in the thread

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Hal Incandenza posted:

Ummm... that's still better odds that we would hit the wrong person and lose the game though!

No, it isn't. We have exactly the same odds of killing scum today as we do tomorrow.

As for there being scum in the masonry: we have six players, one of whom is a Town roleblocker. AC has a different claimed role, so it's not him. You and MMM are Masons, so it's not you. That leaves me, Magnus and Somber. If neither of the masons is scum then either AC is lying - possible - or the scum team is Magnus and Somber. But that would make me the roleblocker. So where are we?

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Jedit posted:

No, it isn't. We have exactly the same odds of killing scum today as we do tomorrow.

As for there being scum in the masonry: we have six players, one of whom is a Town roleblocker. AC has a different claimed role, so it's not him. You and MMM are Masons, so it's not you. That leaves me, Magnus and Somber. If neither of the masons is scum then either AC is lying - possible - or the scum team is Magnus and Somber. But that would make me the roleblocker. So where are we?

Her. I'm trying to figure out how we know we have a town roleblocker, though. When did we figure that out?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

apostateCourier posted:

Her. I'm trying to figure out how we know we have a town roleblocker, though. When did we figure that out?

Because they let the cop investigate after blocking them.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Jedit posted:

Okay. That makes sense.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Jedit posted:

There six players in this game. If we no-lynch today, there's a chance that AC or the roleblocker will stop the kill. If they don't stop the kill, we have five players and still get a lynch.

If we lynch today and we're wrong, and the kill isn't stopped, then the game is probably over, right?

Jedit posted:

Or there is a godfather and they wanted to draw an investigation for credit. Or the roleblocker made a move that we can't fully perceive yet because we don't have perfect information, yet you're operating like we do.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Somberbrero posted:

Or there is a godfather and they wanted to draw an investigation for credit. Or the roleblocker made a move that we can't fully perceive yet because we don't have perfect information, yet you're operating like we do.

So you're trying to paint me as Godfather, because Asiina's second investigation was on me, but don't have the stones to say it because you know you'll be called.

##vote Somberbrero

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Jedit posted:

So you're trying to paint me as Godfather, because Asiina's second investigation was on me, but don't have the stones to say it because you know you'll be called.

##vote Somberbrero

Whatever, he totally had good points that I agree with. You are making a ton of assumptions about the setup and throwing out valid possibilities and trying to ram a lynch through when it just isn't the best idea. ##vote no lynch for sure

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

You didn't kill anyone.
Send me night actions

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Hal Incandenza posted:

Whatever, he totally had good points that I agree with. You are making a ton of assumptions about the setup and throwing out valid possibilities and trying to ram a lynch through when it just isn't the best idea. ##vote no lynch for sure

If AC was telling the truth, we were 100% certain to win with a lynch. If AC was lying, we had a 25% chance to win if we lynched and a 0% chance to win if we didn't.

I repeat: morons or scum.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

ApostateCourier, Mr Uppity, Town Aligned Redirector, was killed N5

It is now N6

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 6

Not Voting (5): Hal Incandenza, Jedit, Magnus Gallant, MildManeredManikin, Somberbrero

With 5 alive, it's 3 votes to lynch. The current deadline is October 17th, 2014 at 9 p.m. MDT -- that's in about 1 day, 23 hours.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Well then.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

I'm the roleblocker. Magnus did not perform the kill last night unless Apostate redirected me, which I don't think she would.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
We all need to claim. My role has been mostly useless. I'm Mister Wrong, I get different powers based on whether or not I can correctly predict the lynch. It works like

1 Guess - One-use nightvig.
2 Guesses - Investigation
3 Guesses - Protection.

I've been aiming for an investigation every night. I only got it right one time when I guessed AC/YPM back on night three. I used it on Hal, who investigated as town.

So we have

Jedit - Roleblocker
Hal - Mason, investigated as town.
Manikin - Miller, mason.
Me - Guesser

What's up Magnus?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
I am mr. cool.

Every night I visit a random person and chillax with them. This does nothing, other than have me visit that person.

I am not notified of who I visit, nor are they notified that I visit them.

• Locked thread