Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

Zwabu posted:

If anyone has a photoshop of the Orioles cartoon bird shedding a single tear out of the corner of its goofy rolling eyes, post it.

Will this do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

KC going crazy.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

kiimo posted:

KC going crazy.

Oh my god

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

tarlibone posted:

Will this do?

This is great.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
No matter how well the Royals do, this is always the first thing I think of when it comes to them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PseNrUeSmXk

Congrats, Royals.

Cart Mountain
Nov 1, 2004

go royals bitch

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Rooting for the Royals by default...

bearic
Apr 14, 2004

john brown split this heart
A Royals fan literally died of a heart attack in the 9th while watching the Wild Card game. He didn't live to see Perez's walk-off hit.

http://www.kctv5.com/story/26793454/royals-support-family-of-man-who-died-watching-wild-card-game

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

tarlibone posted:

Will this do?

Thank you. This does make me said for my poor dead birdies but it also gets a laugh out of me at the same time.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
Great series by the Royals.

I'm kinda down but feel the Orioles are still young and will rebound next year.

Rooting for the Royals to win it the rest of the way

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician

vegaji posted:

A Royals fan literally died of a heart attack in the 9th while watching the Wild Card game. He didn't live to see Perez's walk-off hit.

http://www.kctv5.com/story/26793454/royals-support-family-of-man-who-died-watching-wild-card-game

Clear proof that the Royals are a menace. Giants we beg of you to stop them before they kill again

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Monicro posted:

Clear proof that the Royals are a menace. Giants we beg of you to stop them before they kill again

I may have asked this earlier but where does this come from anyway? Just tired of hearing about the Shields trade or what?

I mean the Royals aren't likely to end up like the Red Sox did when everyone was cheering for them.

bearic
Apr 14, 2004

john brown split this heart

Monicro posted:

Should have killed them when they were already dead.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician

Grittybeard posted:

I may have asked this earlier but where does this come from anyway? Just tired of hearing about the Shields trade or what?

Moore and Yost are big dumb dummyfaces that should not be vindicated

FoglyOgly
Sep 23, 2009

Monicro posted:

It was infuriating to see David Glass accepting a trophy as if he ever cared if we did much better than .500, or about anything other than whether the team was profitable or not.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Scob posted:

the way the royals and giants are winning pisses me off. it validates all the bunt bullshit.

edit: im so angry watching this poo poo

double edit: guess this is the wrong thread

Hahahaha NO THEY WON THE WRONG WAY GARRRRRRRRRR

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The Royals seem like a good team. Perhaps it's time for the advanced stats community to begin a period of introspection.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Alain Post posted:

The Royals seem like a good team. Perhaps it's time for the advanced stats community to begin a period of introspection.

Inducing errors is the new market inefficiency.

tau
Mar 20, 2003

Sigillum Universitatis Kansiensis
I don't even know what to say. Not sure anything needs to be said. So glad to have been at the K for that.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?

Monicro posted:

A pennant on a stick that says PROCESS

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

The Royals winning the series before Illitch's pizza empire could is gonna be the funniest best thing.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

MassaShowtime posted:

The Royals winning the series before Illitch's pizza empire could is gonna be the funniest best thing.
Save money. Win better. Walmart Kansas City Royals

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
N: Underpants theft!

V: I like Hunter Pence

E: I accidentally posted this in the wrong thread.

tau
Mar 20, 2003

N: Salvy interrupts LoCain's interview.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkIgHOTjFJQ

V: :3:

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

tau posted:

N: Salvy interrupts LoCain's interview.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkIgHOTjFJQ

V: :3:

I don't even have Instagram!

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Man if you're rooting against the royals because they don't make sabermetrically smart baseball moves you're a dang dweeb

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

MourningView posted:

Man if you're rooting against the royals because they don't make sabermetrically smart baseball moves you're a dang dweeb

Ned Yost groupie knows what's up:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGbUUlzI72I

tau
Mar 20, 2003

Party at Paul Rudd's mom's house!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bikMtylIxp8

I'll stop now. I just can't process this.

DeltaAttack2go
Feb 6, 2003

what the christ

I have this card. I should blow it up for my friend who is a huge Royals fan.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

edit: wrong thread

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates
If anything, you should be rooting for the Royals' stupid ideas to pay off so that all the bad GMs in baseball will go "see, I was right all along!" and do really dumb and funny poo poo to try to imitate them.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

^^ I would have bet quite a bit that this was a photoshop...

This Royals poo poo is like a Twilight Zone episode. I love it.

Nolan Arenado fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Oct 16, 2014

somethingblue
Sep 25, 2005

Wild Card World Series gonna be full of the most possible bullshit, can't loving wait.

ReverendDre
Apr 1, 2006
TheOneAndOnly

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
N: Giants have 5 wins to go
V: They will win 5 more games

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Fudou, Gunzou. The Face of the Franchise Killer. 2004.

somethingblue posted:

Wild Card World Series gonna be full of the most possible bullshit, can't loving wait.

I fully expect the first run to score on a 7-man rundown.

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Monicro posted:

Nah, man. You just gotta reframe it as further evidence that baseball outcomes are mostly non-deterministic and all you can do is better your odds and now it is you who is being vindicated. The Royals' clown crew going on this hilarious run pretty much proves sabermetrics.

TheIncredulousHulk fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Oct 16, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

regfairfield
May 22, 2005

Mornacale posted:

If anything, you should be rooting for the Royals' stupid ideas to pay off so that all the bad GMs in baseball will go "see, I was right all along!" and do really dumb and funny poo poo to try to imitate them.

Say what you will about how good the Royals ideas were but that they clearly had a plan, win in 13-14 with defense and fly ball pitchers, and stuck to it puts them ahead of all the really bad orgs out there. Jack Z would have ran Chris Getz and Paul Maholm out there instead of Infante and Vargas. That Moore put himself in an all in situation and actually acted like it makes me respect him way more than I did a year ago.

• Locked thread