Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Jam and cheese on toast. No butter. No nightmares.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Lampsacus posted:

Jam and cheese on toast. No butter. No nightmares.

Question to be asked is which cheese? I find brie goes well with honey and softer bries pair nicely with red fruit jams, particularly strawberry. Cream cheese goes with any jam. It's wonderful stuff.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

We need content bad. I fear that scum can easily lurk they're way into D2 which will be effectively D1 all over again, unless we get some ground work down.

Of course there's nothing to work with but here goes.

Both kitiara and pinterest machine (which I keep reading as pinterest mom since it comes after poison mushroom and I keep combining the two somehow) only posted to confirm. That's it. As dumb as talking about what we like on our toast or wrestling could be, there was no more participation after that.

I find goodness slightly antagonistic in tone but it could be their way, like a gruff police captain or something.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Hm. Let's try this, then.

Discussion topic: If you were scum, how would you answer this question?

Personally, I just wouldn't. It'd be easier to pretend I thought it was stupid and ignore than to comment and maybe accidentally let something slip.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Poison Mushroom posted:

Personally, I just wouldn't. It'd be easier to pretend I thought it was stupid and ignore than to comment and maybe accidentally let something slip.

What question? "how would you answer this question?" is the question?

If so, your answer's pretty good and you could get away with it in a larger game, but in a game this size you'd be noticed I think, at the very least by the one who asked.

I'm not really sure how I'd answer as scum. I would think about it a whole lot and carefully word my phrase, probably responding far later than I would otherwise. The pleasure I find in playing town is not having to censor myself in anyway. I may be often mis-interpreted but since I know I'm being honest it doesn't bother me as much. I get a terribly guilty conscience as scum.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

100YrsofAttitude posted:

We need content bad. I fear that scum can easily lurk they're way into D2 which will be effectively D1 all over again, unless we get some ground work down.

Both kitiara and pinterest machine (which I keep reading as pinterest mom since it comes after poison mushroom and I keep combining the two somehow) only posted to confirm. That's it. As dumb as talking about what we like on our toast or wrestling could be, there was no more participation after that.

I find goodness slightly antagonistic in tone but it could be their way, like a gruff police captain or something.

Sorry I have an exam today and I'm kind of shitposting elsewhere in the forum but I can't do too much focused scum hunting

and also it's day 1 and I'm kind of of the mind that d1 kills are essentially random

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Oh, hey, look who popped in to defend himself, but not answer the question?

##vote PMom :smugbert:

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Pinterest Mom posted:

Sorry I have an exam today and I'm kind of shitposting elsewhere in the forum but I can't do too much focused scum hunting

and also it's day 1 and I'm kind of of the mind that d1 kills are essentially random

Good luck with the exam. I know things can get in the way of mafia, and it's not like it's super important. Also there's way too little to scum hunt.

That being said it's a pretty poor opinion if you think D1 is completely random. You can get stuff out of the way people push a vote or not. I mean, if D1 were completely random it would follow that having no real information so would D2 etc. Eventually the whole game would be pointless (let's not kid ourselves, cause it is), but I do think you can push people or reveal peoples alignment subtly on D1. The game would otherwise be impossible.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Going out for a dinner party but I hope to come back amped. If this is still quiet-zone I'm just gonna start typing in french... as I need to badly learn how to write better in said language.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

100yrs have you played much mafia since the last time we played together (which was like over a year ago)? I think I was in your first game and then in another game with you soon after.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Pinterest Mom (1): Poison Mushroom, Poison Mushroom, Poison Mushroom

Not Voting (8): 100YrsofAttitude, goodness, Kitiara, Lampsacus, Mr. Maltose, Pinterest Mom, soscannonballs, tithin

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to lunch. The current deadline is October 17th, 2014 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 6 hours.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I'm in the same boat as PMom, day 1 kills a lot of the time are basically random without someone accidentally loving up and posting their role pm or something. Difficult to build a case prior to that.

Poison Mushroom posted:

I really don't know how anyone would answer this question, scum or not.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Please don't start this whole thing on the first day. Content on the first couple days is completely irrelevant until late game when it can be analyzed. Trying to pick something out of nothing just leads to false arguments that everyone bandwagons on.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

soscannonballs posted:

100yrs have you played much mafia since the last time we played together (which was like over a year ago)? I think I was in your first game and then in another game with you soon after.

Not really no. I took a long hiatus between March/April till about now. I'm as green as ever if not greener.

goodness posted:

Please don't start this whole thing on the first day. Content on the first couple days is completely irrelevant until late game when it can be analyzed. Trying to pick something out of nothing just leads to false arguments that everyone bandwagons on.

I understand it's problematic, but frankly the alternative is none the better. We have to create some sort of content. This is a game of information right? Every argument we make, wrong or right, false or true, is information that will lead us to the truth. Band-wagons are bad but they do serve a purpose, especially in the late-game like you mentioned. However, if we don't even create enough content to even band wagon, then we haven't even got that.

I guess what I'm most worried about is having a completely null D1 so that then D2 is really none the clearer.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Reading posts is just as townhelp as writing them. I like find players who haven't.

That said, this post has been written before I've properly read each post so far. Lul.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

goodness posted:

I disagree. In the previous Bread game there was some pretty good content on Day 1.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

OK now I have. It was a cool idea but not enough content posts to implement it yet.

##vote 100YrsofAttitude
More like one hundred years of being scum.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Why do you think 100 is scum?

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

soscannonballs posted:

Why do you think 100 is scum?
His name.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

So when there is a discussion about low content on Day 1 and how it can be a problem you are making a vote on someone because of their name?

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I was at work, follow by sleep. I just woke up now. So to answer all questions, I prefer butter on my toast. I don't understand why anyone would like crunchy peanut butter, and if you were scum, how would you answer this question?

Pretty much exactly like this:

"I'm not really sure how I'd answer as scum. I would think about it a whole lot and carefully word my phrase, probably responding far later than I would otherwise. The pleasure I find in playing town is not having to censor myself in anyway. I may be often mis-interpreted but since I know I'm being honest it doesn't bother me as much. I get a terribly guilty conscience as scum"

This is me word by word. I keep wishing to be given a scum rule because it feels like it'd be more fun, but in reality I'd probably over-think and stress over every post I make and I can't see how that would be fun.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I don't buy Lamp making a jokevote in the middle of this talk about actual scumhunting and realvotes. It reads like he's trying to sidetrack the discussion, and that bugs me a lot.

##vote Lampsacus

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?

Poison Mushroom posted:

that bugs me a lot.

< :vince:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

< :confused:

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

Beautiful pun :clap:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Oh, yes, right. Lampsacus. Okay, I get it.

Anyways, let's lynch his scummy rear end, and hope the butterfly effect doesn't cause a hurricane or something.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

2 bug references in a row

:roflolmao:

Your avatar is perfect.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

goodness posted:

Going back and looking at this thread again I really really don't like this post. I just don't see how a town player could ever have this attitude in such a small game. If you don't like the content that people put out in the first day, you could try creating some yourself by looking at the little that has been posted.

Lamp came in and put a joke (I assume it was a joke) vote on someone when people were actually talking about looking for scum (which according to you is irrelevant) and instead of commenting on that you chose to point out a bug pun. Not only are you not scumhunting, but you are actively trying to sabotage scumhunting discussion by saying its irrelevant to do so.

##vote goodness

I would also be fine voting Lamp if it comes to it, but right now I would prefer to lynch Goodness.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

soscannonballs posted:

Going back and looking at this thread again I really really don't like this post. I just don't see how a town player could ever have this attitude in such a small game. If you don't like the content that people put out in the first day, you could try creating some yourself by looking at the little that has been posted.

Lamp came in and put a joke (I assume it was a joke) vote on someone when people were actually talking about looking for scum (which according to you is irrelevant) and instead of commenting on that you chose to point out a bug pun. Not only are you not scumhunting, but you are actively trying to sabotage scumhunting discussion by saying its irrelevant to do so.

##vote goodness

I would also be fine voting Lamp if it comes to it, but right now I would prefer to lynch Goodness.

If you check out my previous history with mafia you will see I always talk about this.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
The push that Day 1 must be examined like it's anything but groping at the most tenuous of connections is way more odd than goodness chilling out in the joke phase.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

His post came after 100 tried to move out of jokephase and into actual discussion. It doesn't read to me like he is chilling out it reads to me like he is actively trying to stop a discussion. Even if you don't think D1 discussion is too important why you would come in and post that when people are trying to get out of the joke-phase? It is better for scum if D1 just passes with no one trying to do anything, so trying to push the idea that discussion doesn't matter right now is scummy to me.

Mr. Maltose posted:

The push that Day 1 must be examined like it's anything but groping at the most tenuous of connections is way more odd than goodness chilling out in the joke phase.

This is odd coming from someone who was in Bread Mafia 1. I know you got killed early but I am assuming you still read the game, where a strong part of my case on Strong Mouse came from stuff posted on D1.

Town doesn't have the time in a small game like this to just let D1 go by without at least trying to have a serious discussion about who the scum are.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

It's just a bad pun on my favorite novel.

Kitiara posted:

This is me word by word. I keep wishing to be given a scum rule because it feels like it'd be more fun, but in reality I'd probably over-think and stress over every post I make and I can't see how that would be fun.

The fun of scum comes from having scum mates and that only really depends how active they are. There's nothing more distressing than an empty scum-doc because then you're all alone and everyone hates you in the actual game. Town's just a lot less stressful.

Mr. Maltose posted:

While I like the discussion I just wanted more content, as in more posts, jokey or otherwise. It was just so empty before. I got no issue with goodness messing around as long as he's posting, there's some veterans whose all posting style seems to be one joke from the beginning of the game to the end. However, why do you find it worse to try to play the game versus not?

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Nah, I was more reacting to soscannonballs grousing at Lampsacus and goodness because jokephase is over and it's time to get serious guys. Last Breadgame did have day 1 action that lead to some good casing, but the fact that people aren't immediately serious in this comedy forum party game isn't scummy in and of itself. Policing content, rather than requesting content, is my issue ATM.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

Mr. Maltose posted:

Nah, I was more reacting to soscannonballs grousing at Lampsacus and goodness because jokephase is over and it's time to get serious guys. Last Breadgame did have day 1 action that lead to some good casing, but the fact that people aren't immediately serious in this comedy forum party game isn't scummy in and of itself. Policing content, rather than requesting content, is my issue ATM.

Who are you to judge when joke phase is over? Seems like you are trying a little too hard to push your agenda instead of just having fun...

##vote Maltose

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
I knew the lack of sarcastic quotations around "Jokephase is over" would come back to bite me in the bagel.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Mr. Maltose posted:

bite me in the bagel
Power role claim! :byodood:

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Mr. Maltose posted:

I knew the lack of sarcastic quotations around "Jokephase is over" would come back to bite me in the bagel.

Heated or unheated?

This is important

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009
We don't really have much information to go on, but out of everyone who has posted I find goodness and tithin the most suspicious. Goodness seems to be voting people randomly and wanting to stop discussion. While tithin seems to only post to not appear MIA without really adding anything at all. I'm also kind of eh on poisoned mushroom, but we'll see.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Kitiara posted:

While tithin seems to only post to not appear MIA without really adding anything at all. I'm also kind of eh on poisoned mushroom, but we'll see.

:ironicat:

It's funny though, in every game I've signed up to, I'm usually one of the first to be tagged as "suspicious" for no reason at all that I can see.

Sorry I haven't done a massive effort post cataloguing everyone I find suspicious on day 1 when no one's said anything at all of note.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

tithin posted:

:ironicat:

It's funny though, in every game I've signed up to, I'm usually one of the first to be tagged as "suspicious" for no reason at all that I can see.

Sorry I haven't done a massive effort post cataloguing everyone I find suspicious on day 1 when no one's said anything at all of note.

What is your opinion of Lamp's vote, my response to that vote, and Goodness' posts concerning both?

• Locked thread