Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Australia Day. The public holiday everyone looks forward to all year. Sunshine. Barbeque’s crackling. A dip in the pool. Too many tinnies. Some backyard cricket. Fireworks in the evening.

Except not this year. Something un-Australian casts a shadow over the day. Can you figure it out and save this most iconic of holidays?

This is a game of mafia for 17 players. New players are especially welcome.

If there are too many sign-ups (ha ha) then players will be chosen in this order: Aussies -> Canadians -> Everyone else -> New Zealanders.

THE RULES:
DON’T LURK.
No editing your posts.
No talking OOT unless you are able to do so.
Don't post your role PM or any other communication from the mod.
Don't post after hammers or daykills.
Don't fake day actions.
Don’t do anything not in the spirit of the game.

Days will typically last 48-72 hours at the start, getting shorter towards the end of the game.
This game is majority lynch. If the town is unable to come to a conclusion, and deadline arrives, there will be NO LYNCH.

Vote like this: ##Vote Playername. Unvote like this: ##unvote

1. bowmore
  2. busb
  3. DuckHuntDog
  4. Magnus Gallant
  5. Opopanax
  6. Quidnose
  7. Rarity
  8. Rascyc
  9. Somberbrero
  10. tearshed
  11. tithin

fiery_valkyrie fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Oct 21, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Strewth mate! Chuck another shrimp on the barbie!

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Sure ok

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Hello colonial friend. I'll be mostly offline until wednesday due to real Thanksgiving but I'm guessing this won't start until tuesday anyways

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
I have been told to smash the bogans in this game.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

busb posted:

I have been told to smash the bogans in this game.
I'm guessing the bad dudes will be white racist dudes from Cronulla

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

bowmore posted:

I'm guessing the bad dudes will be white racist dudes from Cronulla

or corporate fatcats from vaucluse.

Then again f_v is from brisbane so maybe it will be Valley peoples?

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Sure

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

busb posted:

or corporate fatcats from vaucluse.

Then again f_v is from brisbane so maybe it will be Valley peoples?

I am not FROM brisbane. I just happen to live here.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Living in Brisbane perpetuates the existence of Brisbane. You are what you eat.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4AchHTN-XQ

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkKKTsJZ5kU

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Everything you needed to know about Australia in under 2 mins.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
Aww yiss, the second best australian culture video.

Wait, third one coming up

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmL72sgVdAQ

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Damo's great but did you know they made a YOLO2?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qc8hHUT_gU0

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

tithin posted:

Damo's great but did you know they made a YOLO2?
I like to pretend yolo2 doesn't exist :saddowns:

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

It's weird that there are different parts of Australia. Like you're different if you're from one part or another. Not foolin' me.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Opopanax posted:

It's weird that there are different parts of Australia. Like you're different if you're from one part or another. Not foolin' me.
It's true, Victorians are up themselves

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
It's ok, everyone. I know you're all still hurt that we threw you out of our country. Try learning not to be criminals :britain:

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Aussies use curse words that make me blush

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

I truly believe that anyone and everyone is capable of making their dreams come true.

:unsmigghh:
I would like to play.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
Me.

Harold make sure you have time to play this game when you're not at your career.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Harold Krell posted:

I would like to play.

The main thing I want for anyone playing my game is to have fun. However, a significant proportion of the mafia community do not find playing games with you fun Harold, so I'm not accepting your signup.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

fiery_valkyrie posted:

The main thing I want for anyone playing my game is to have fun. However, a significant proportion of the mafia community do not find playing games with you fun Harold, so I'm not accepting your signup.
P.sure that was a one-time thing a long time ago. How's a man to redeem himself if you don't give him a chance?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

tearshed posted:

P.sure that was a one-time thing a long time ago. How's a man to redeem himself if you don't give him a chance?

He just played 2 games recently. Go check them out.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

fiery_valkyrie posted:

He just played 2 games recently. Go check them out.
Ah, I see. I can't help being an optimist sometimes~

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I've never played with Krell before

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
if this starts this week i won't be around i'm going to the gold coast until Friday~

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

Sure I'll play even if I am as un-Austrailian as it gets.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

fiery_valkyrie posted:

:toot:

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
We have 9 players, may as well make an F11 haha.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
So I presume that the good guys in this game are tourists visiting your penal colony or something like that? Or maybe some helpful Kiwis? Also I'll play.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Players will be shirt-fronted rather than lynched.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Start the game already

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Ok, I'm going to send out roles before the weekend with first deadline on US Mon/Aus Tues. I'll start with whoever signs up by then.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

I'll play!

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

A backyard somewhere in Australia

You arrive at the barbeque. The sun is shining and you can feel the humidity building. The smell of lamb roasting on the barbie wafts over. Heading to the esky, you grab a tinnie and crack it open. After locating a stubbie holder, you head over to your mates, chilling by the pool. The Hottest 100 hasn’t started on the radio yet. Someone’s got it on an oldies station and Farnsie tunes are blasting into the still air. This is going to be one memorable Australia Day.

The party has started!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ML9h3I5Uktw

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Hi friends if you voted for thrift shop the other year please post here now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Good day, mateys!

• Locked thread