Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
I am writing an effortpost to respond to MMM but in the meantime can people give me their opinion on lynching Hiipfire and why or why not?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Murmur Twin posted:

I am writing an effortpost to respond to MMM but in the meantime can people give me their opinion on lynching Hiipfire and why or why not?

I'm convinced PMush is scum, and could buy Hiipfire as a scumbuddy she was distancing from. If I had to give a third scum, I'd say Rarity. I think MMT and fv are town. I also missed the survivor breadcrumb, but I believe MMM now. Still fairly null on derp, but I honestly always have a hard time reading him.

The reason I'd much rather vote PMush over Hiipfire is that we have to get this right and she is my strongest read by a wide margin.

Alright I'm at a conference all day. I'll try to pop in before genius tonight. Assume my vote is for PMush.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

MildManeredManikin posted:

Ok have a nice sleep but also that plan doesn't make sense at all.

like what if the entire scumteam is contained within "the other five"

I wish I were still in bed right now :(

If people agree with me and I'm wrong, I guess we lose! However, this isn't a random guess, this is an educated guess based on what I've seen in game. At this point, I've formulated opinons of who I think is scum and who isn't - all I'm doing is sharing them and I welcome people to debate me on my reads.

Asiina posted:

I'm not sure what to make of MMM's claim. He's done really good scum hunting and made quite a bit of effort. He started a deadline turbo which usually reads scummy to me, but tithin turned up town, so why go through the effort to save him? I was pretty confident he was town before his claim. Maybe he really is a survivor and fine winning with scum. The issue is that we really can't do anything about it if he's telling the truth.

If MMM is telling the truth, and the Scum Team can coordinate things with him to force a no-lynch, we would lose. However:

a - the plan only works if it's 4 town / 3 scum / 1 Survivor
b - the plan only works if MMM is telling the truth. For all town knows, he's really scum. For all scum knows, he's really town
c - the plan requires all three scum to out themselves
d - the plan requires MMM not to backstab the scumteam.
e - so far, scum has played a pretty flawless game and I don't think they'd want to put it the hands of a third party

So how does town beat this? In my opinion - and anyone can feel free to correct me here - the best play is to force the issue. If the four town throw a vote on someone and no one else adds to it, then we can assume that they hit scum and MMM's pro-scum plan is in effect. Then it's up to MMM to decide the winning team. But if they don't want to do that, then we'll probably just lynch scum and at least be on the right track for the next day.

Of course, if town lynches town, we're toast, so let's not do that.

To MMM - I would like to formally apologize to you for constantly suspecting you throughout the game! For what it's worth I believe the Survivor claim, and I'd like you to please consider joining town should the scumteam be outed?

I think Hate Dollars is pretty cool and also I'm in an alliance with him. MT you should join up in our alliance.

If you won't do it for me, do it for Hate Dollars and our D1 alliance :j::clint::nyd: He would want you to help the town if he hadn't blown up in that tragic accident! Also, if any scum want to speak up about why MMM should help them, I'd appreciate it.

Asiina posted:

I'm convinced PMush is scum, and could buy Hiipfire as a scumbuddy she was distancing from. If I had to give a third scum, I'd say Rarity. I think MMT and fv are town. I also missed the survivor breadcrumb, but I believe MMM now. Still fairly null on derp, but I honestly always have a hard time reading him.

The reason I'd much rather vote PMush over Hiipfire is that we have to get this right and she is my strongest read by a wide margin.

Alright I'm at a conference all day. I'll try to pop in before genius tonight. Assume my vote is for PMush.

The only thing that stops me from thinking PMush is the right lynch - because I do think she's scum - is the fear that Asiina is on the scumteam but PMush isn't. If there's even the slightest possibility that PMush (or Asiina) is town I don't want to risk it.

It's not about lynching the scummiest right now, it's about lynching the person least likely to be town. To me, that's Hiipfire. He hasn't contributed to scumhunting, he's survived being modkilled despite lurking like crazy, and to me it's super suspicious that no cases on him have gained any traction. If he was town, I have to believe that scum would be using him as a scapegoat goat (as people are doing to Derp) - instead, cases on him barely seem to gain any traction, and I really feel like it's because people keep swaying the vote away from him.

So again I ask everyone to make a solid case for why they think Hiipfire is town - or to join me in lynching him.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

Poison Mushroom (2): fiery_valkyrie, uranus
HiipFire (1): Murmur Twin
uranus (0): Poison Mushroom, Poison Mushroom
MildManeredManikin (0): Poison Mushroom, Poison Mushroom, Rarity, Rarity
Murmur Twin (0): MildManeredManikin, MildManeredManikin

Not Voting (5): Asiina, HiipFire, MildManeredManikin, Poison Mushroom, Rarity

With 8 alive, it's 5 votes to David lynch. The current deadline is October 17th, 2014 at 11:59 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 13 hours, 34 minutes.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Oh yeah well mt, I'm not offended by you and others casing me, survivors aren't town etc.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

uranus posted:

im not sure how most mods do it, but it seems that lots of the time if survivor+scum = majority, then the game just ends with no need for the survivor to claim. kinda unsure on this though.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Poison Mushroom posted:

I'm pretty ambiguous on MMM right now. Could be a real survivor. Could be scum fakeclaiming. Could be a failed Fitty Gambit.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

If the third scum would claim we could baste this turkey etc

Also I'm not voting today at all. I'll do that tomorrow.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Guess I'll wait and see what people do!

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Also, it would be hilarious if there's only two scum in this game. That can happen, right?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

It totally can, esp with a survivor, so I'd feel real silly if that were the case.

It's nice to be so open a role you're normally hiding.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

It totally can, esp with a survivor, so I'd feel real silly if that were the case.

It's nice to be so open a role you're normally hiding.

Why did you claim there, out of curiousity? Did you just not think of the possibility there are only two scum?

Thinking about it more:

If the situation really is the way MMM wants it to be, that means that there are 4 town, 3 scum, survivor. And since Eight was modkilled and not replaced, that basically means that the town was in a position where two mislynches (PMom and Tithin) would make it impossible to win. If that's how town goes down at least I will be able to sleep easy knowing there was very little we could have done there.

Knowing that makes me think there's a decent chance that there are 5 town left in the game. Either 2 scum + Survivor MMM, or 3 scum with MMM having made a really cool fakeclaim. We might as well act on this assumption since we're probably dead if that's not the case.

I still say that the best plan is for town to come up with someone we think is most likely scum and throw our votes at them. If there are five town, we can lynch them without MMM's help. If we can't get five votes on one person, then I can only assume that there are 4 town left and we're being locked out by (Scum + Survivor). If that's the case, we lose anyways, and then the only thing left to do is throw four votes at MMM and give scum the chance to win by themselves instead of sharing it with him.

Right?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Uhhh so deadline is tonight and given that it'll be Friday night I can't guarantee I'll be around. Any of the other 6 players besides me and MMM have any thoughts, contributions, poo poo posts, whatever?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Not really. I wanted to try and care about this game, but I'm having a really hard time working up the :effort:.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Poison Mushroom posted:

Not really. I wanted to try and care about this game, but I'm having a really hard time working up the :effort:.

Can I have you throw a vote on Hiipfire or yourself (my two biggest scum picks) for the sake of those of us trying to play?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'm here right now, but about to take a nap before genius because frankly I am dead tired.

I'm not sure I have much else to say. I am very wary of voting anyone but PMush at this point because I don't feel as strongly for anyone else.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I'm here for a little bit longer but Friday is the one night I have to go to bed early for an early start at work so I won't be around for deadline.

Unless something changes I'm going to throw down a vote for PMush before bedtime. She's my strongest scum pick and we can't afford to no lynch.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Murmur Twin posted:

Can I have you throw a vote on Hiipfire or yourself (my two biggest scum picks) for the sake of those of us trying to play?
Yep. And I know I'm not scum, so...

##vote HiipFire.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
I'm not going to be around for deadline today, going to the wine festival (unlimited wine tasting from 10am to 5pm, aww yeah!)

I agree with your arguments MT. I've got my vote on PMush and I'm certain she's scum. The whole play around the D2 deadline with worrying about a no lynch, but not moving her vote off derp reads to me like a scum who knew we were lynching town and wanted to keep her hands clean.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'm also only going to be here for maybe 30 more minutes.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
##vote HiipFire

Dream team, bitches.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
##vote hiipfire

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
gently caress it. ##vote Hiipfire

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Should I be worried about how fast that went down?

Well, either way, that's :redhammer:.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
Hiipfire, Andy Bateman, Vanilla-town, has been David Lynched D3

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
Poison Mushroom, Ronette Pulaski, vanilla town, has been night killed.

It is now Day 4

Magnus Gallant fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Oct 18, 2014

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

Not Voting (6): Asiina, fiery_valkyrie, MildManeredManikin, Murmur Twin, Rarity, uranus

With 6 alive, it's 4 votes to David lynch. There is currently no deadline set.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

:ghost: Go, [Magnus forgot to declare my alignment?]! :ghost:

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

so either pmush was scum or there were less than we thought?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Poison Mushroom posted:

:ghost: Go, [Magnus forgot to declare my alignment?]! :ghost:

Can we get this resolved?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I guess?

I'm confused.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
Sorry it's fixed now.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

:ghost:

Magnus Gallant posted:

Poison Mushroom, Ronette Pulaski, vanilla town, has been night killed.

It is now Day 4

:ghost:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

:ghost: Go, town! :ghost:

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Well.

To the presumably two scum left, my offer still stands.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
MMM,

MMM, my friend.

Win with me.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

:swoon: thank you asiina

So uh, no lynch today and then kill a town tomorrow?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Let's turn on the scum team and ride off into the sunset together.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

This is the greatest day of my life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

:ghost: I love a happy ending :ghost:

• Locked thread