Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?

Kitiara posted:

We don't really have much information to go on, but out of everyone who has posted I find goodness and tithin the most suspicious. Goodness seems to be voting people randomly and wanting to stop discussion. While tithin seems to only post to not appear MIA without really adding anything at all. I'm also kind of eh on poisoned mushroom, but we'll see.

I am not voting randomly though at all. I have voted officially once, and I posted my reason for it. My first "vote" was a joke which is why I made sure it would not even count it on the votefinder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I think it's clearly a joke vote given the reason given

I think you're taking a joke vote too seriously by reading too deeply into a joke vote

I completely tuned out Goodness' post because they're pointing out unintentional puns, and therefore white noise.

Surprised that 100years hasn't unvoted, but it's early yet.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

It's late and I really haven't the time to stick around like I'd to but I'm not satisfied with maltose's answers.

##vote mr. maltose

While goodness's motivations differ from me, I feel like they've got their heart in the right place (watch this bite me in the rear end later on).

I wish I could be more around for deadline but I really need to sleep.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Am I really the only one feeling Lamp?

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Mr. Maltose (2): goodness, 100YrsofAttitude
100YrsofAttitude (1): Lampsacus
goodness (1): soscannonballs
Lampsacus (1): Poison Mushroom

Not Voting (4): Kitiara, Mr. Maltose, Pinterest Mom, tithin

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to lunch. The current deadline is October 17th, 2014 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 hour, 1 minute.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

votefinder posted:

Votecount for Day 1

Mr. Maltose (2): goodness, 100YrsofAttitude
goodness (1): soscannonballs

Not Voting (4): Kitiara, Mr. Maltose, Pinterest Mom, tithin

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to lunch. The current deadline is October 17th, 2014 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 hour, 1 minute.

Hey guys at work will post on break

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Christ, short day. Didn't realise we only had an hour left.

Not really sure I'm comfortable backing any lynch at the minute, there's really not much to go on.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Since I was slow on votefinder and everything I can extend the deadline for you guys if you'd like. Only by an hour though.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Meh. Not really feeling Maltose. Goodness is taking Mafia very seriously and bitching about D1, which is just kind of What He Does, so that's a null read.

Definitely feeling Lamp, or maybe Tithin or a lurker lynch. Not sure about anyone else.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

We want to lynch today right? Or is no lynch ok?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

If a cop was guaranteed, I'd say a no-lynch might be alright, but without that, who knows?

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Honestly I think we should bo lynch at this point. Unless somebody has found some obvz scum.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Lampsacus posted:

Honestly I think we should bo lynch at this point. Unless somebody has found some obvz scum.
Well, I'm pretty convinced it's you, but that's just me.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

From my pov there isn't one.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Sure that's fine. Just don't be too gung ho day 1 ya feel me

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

We could lynch the least active.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Lampsacus posted:

We could lynch the least active.

More likely to hit town than scum with that.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

I am fine with voting Maltose. I feel like this post is mis-representing what happened earlier:

Mr. Maltose posted:

Nah, I was more reacting to soscannonballs grousing at Lampsacus and goodness because jokephase is over and it's time to get serious guys. Last Breadgame did have day 1 action that lead to some good casing, but the fact that people aren't immediately serious in this comedy forum party game isn't scummy in and of itself. Policing content, rather than requesting content, is my issue ATM.

My issue wasn't with people joking around in general, it was the timing of the initial vote that I thought was weird. I personally don't care for jokephase much because I can't really form opinions of people if they aren't posting game-related stuff, so when 100 tried to move things out of Jokephase I wanted to help push things along. Before 100's post I didn't mind talking about wrestling or butter or whatever because I understand a lot of people like to start the game like that. Also me pointing out behavior that I think is scummy isn't really policing content, its me putting my opinion out there.

I don't think a NL is a good idea here. Scum can just sit back and not have to worry about trying to explain votes later. I think town has an advantage in small games like this because with only 2 scum, they can't really afford to do any light bussing or hedging on their buddy.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Poison Mushroom posted:

Meh. Not really feeling Maltose. Goodness is taking Mafia very seriously and bitching about D1, which is just kind of What He Does, so that's a null read.

Definitely feeling Lamp, or maybe Tithin or a lurker lynch. Not sure about anyone else.

I don't like this post, It looks like it is fishing to get a bandwagon on easy lynch targets. Could by trying to prevent a bandwagon forming on Maltose while leaving the door open to form a convenient opinion on Goodness later.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Yeah I am going to ##vote Mr. Maltose. I am feeling pretty good about 100 being town right now, although I admit my only meta experience is from 2 game over a year ago, but in those games their town game was a lot different than their scum game.

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009
I know that we're supposed to pick someone to lynch, but seriously?

We have 3 votes for Maltose and this is all we have to go on:

goodness posted:

Who are you to judge when joke phase is over? Seems like you are trying a little too hard to push your agenda instead of just having fun...
##vote Maltose

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Day 1 is a hell of a drug.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

I feel more comfortable no lynching over m.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Do y'all want the extension or not?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I don't know if one hour would really change anything?

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

No extension - as lovely as it is, no lynch is the better play imo, in case of mislynch robbing is us two townies.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

No lynch is almost never better than lynching. If we don't lynch today we will be in a similar position tomorrow as far as not having much to talk about. You can look at how people voted (or not) when seeing the flip and start looking at connections from there.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Kitiara posted:

I know that we're supposed to pick someone to lynch, but seriously?

We have 3 votes for Maltose and this is all we have to go on:

This is straight up wrong since I posted why I am voting.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Town is going to be in a really terrible position tomorrow if we No-lynch. I urge anyone not voting to vote.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Fine, i'll put in the vote but I'm not happy about it.

##vote Maltose

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Thanks Tithin. We still need 1 more please please come vote.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Mr. Maltose (4): goodness, 100YrsofAttitude, soscannonballs, tithin

Not Voting (3): Kitiara, Mr. Maltose, Pinterest Mom

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to lunch. The current deadline is October 17th, 2014 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 0 minutes.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Day 1 over. Nobody got lunched. I'd like all the actions in the next four hours. Writing up a flavour post.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Whoops, never wrote a flavour post. I'm going to sleep. Send me your actions before I awake.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

soscannonballs, BLAND BREAD, was eaten in the night. Maybe I will write a flavour post at some point, but let's be real here. It's day 2 now.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Not Voting (8): 100YrsofAttitude, goodness, Kitiara, Lampsacus, Mr. Maltose, Pinterest Mom, Poison Mushroom, tithin

With 8 alive, it's 5 votes to lunch. The current deadline is October 20th, 2014 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 days, 9 hours.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

i forgot about deadline yesterday sorry :shobon:

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I fell asleep... that had never happened to me quite so early on a deadline night and makes me wonder if I should stick to playing non-american time zoned games only.

I really can't believe we didn't lynch. That doesn't help anyone since we're pretty much at point A with no real solution in sight.

That said ##vote tithin

tithin posted:

:ironicat:

It's funny though, in every game I've signed up to, I'm usually one of the first to be tagged as "suspicious" for no reason at all that I can see.

Sorry I haven't done a massive effort post cataloguing everyone I find suspicious on day 1 when no one's said anything at all of note.

First serious post he makes is a defensive, "ugh I'm ALWAYS suspicious guys." It seems like a weak defense especially when he was under absolutely no pressure, just kitiara's gut. Kitiara does bring up how he's just content-posting rather than making any strong claims. A game he keeps up.

What most gets me his he's the one to first advocate the no-lynch. Lynching is our ONLY tool to win this game. If we don't lynch we don't get scum. Mis-lynching is the terrible risk but we really can't afford not to lynch and for me no-lynch advocating is scummy through and through. What's worse is his final vote on Maltose.

tithin posted:

Fine, i'll put in the vote but I'm not happy about it.

##vote Maltose

Distancing himself already from his vote in case it goes sour (in which case Maltose is proved town and tithin get's credit for having the right assumption).

His play is just so defensive because, I think, he's got something to hide.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I would like to see more posting from everybody here on day two, no hard post counts required, but please :justpost:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Poison mushroom, I know not much has really changed, but what made you so set on lamp? You still feel that way?

• Locked thread