Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Holy poo poo SRA! Almost had it there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

loving AWESOME drive SRA, holy goddamn poo poo

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Uncle Jam posted:

Holy poo poo nice run up to 3rd there, that looked loving terrifying

Yeah there were like 4 times I thought he was going for a spin

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
seriously that was amazing

mm14thvt
Oct 5, 2003
SRA!!!! What a run!

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Uncle Jam posted:

Holy poo poo nice run up to 3rd there, that looked loving terrifying

Goddamn you got like 12 spots in the last run. Nice work

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

The sponsors will like you better this way, trust me.

This SRA kid is a pretty good driver eh?

Exi7wound
Aug 22, 2004

LOGANO
Remember my name... you'll be screaming it later.
Woo!

Jack-in-the-Bach
Oct 15, 2005

3rd place on network tv, nice

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I am so hyped up after that, I can't sit still. So fuckin' close.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

That should get some eyeballs on you.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

What a finish!

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

SRA was roughly 11th at the line, 8th in 4, fell back to roughly 12th off four, and finished 3rd.

At Daytona, the line is HERE, but at Talladega, it's HERE.

...if it were just down THERE...

LASTCAR
Mar 25, 2010

I like the drivers
you never hear about
in the cars
you never see
who finish in the position
you never want

If only the Cup guys were that determined to use the high lane. He just stuck with it and, man, it almost worked!

0.015 sec from 2nd place! :getin:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

They were five-wide in the trioval.

1, 2, 3, 4, 5.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
"Spangled Garnisher finishes #3 in nastrucks at Talladega because it was Dale Earthdarts favorite track"

I love that nasfacts account.

keevo fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Oct 18, 2014

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

New, stupid group qualifying is on ESPNEWS right now. Chat in #nascar.

It's HURRY UP AND WAIT so far.

e- This is the dumbest incarnation of this qualifying package yet.

Gordon and Harvick didn't get up to speed in time to cross the line before the session ended and will start at the back. :psyduck:

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Oct 18, 2014

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

CBJSprague24 posted:

Gordon and Harvick didn't get up to speed in time to cross the line before the session ended and will start at the back. :psyduck:

Sorry but this just proves that this new qualifying format rocks

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Who's ready for a doge coin pole out of this?

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
I get that it's a plate track and not everybody cares if they start up front.

For the guys that do, why wouldn't they just get with the small-team drivers in their half of the field and say "Hey, let's get a 6-8 car line going right at the start and get at least two hot laps in"?

Edit: :lol: Stenhouse DNQ.

skaboomizzy fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Oct 18, 2014

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Holy poo poo, Stenhouse, Allgaier, and Sorenson DNQed. :stare:

e- Stewart took the champion's provisional.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

> Implying qualifying has ever mattered at Talladega.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

The best qualifying format. When's the last time a full time driver DNQd? (Paging lastcar)

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

kidcoelacanth posted:

> Implying qualifying has ever mattered at Talladega.

Well it sure as hell does if you don't make the race

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

skaboomizzy posted:

Edit: :lol: Stenhouse DNQ.

See I told you this format is awesome :getin:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Supposedly Gordon was one car from DNQing for a god drat Chase elimination race.

Never mind The Big One. Talladega qualifying was trying to be the eliminator.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

^ Top 35 rule would've been put back into place if that did happen.

Possibly Chicken posted:

The best qualifying format. When's the last time a full time driver DNQd? (Paging lastcar)

2004 probably when the top 35 rule spawned to prevent that. Believe it involved the 32 team and some other biggish team.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

format is such trash.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Possibly Chicken posted:

I seem to remember a few fully-funded drivers missing races in 2007 because of the Top 35 Rule. That was the last time prior to this year we had 43+ full-time cars.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

CBJSprague24 posted:

I seem to remember a few fully-funded drivers missing races in 2007 because of the Top 35 Rule. That was the last time prior to this year we had 43+ full-time cars.

Yeah, I distinctly remember Scott Riggs missing races in '07.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

The drivers on twitter are hilarious

LASTCAR
Mar 25, 2010

I like the drivers
you never hear about
in the cars
you never see
who finish in the position
you never want

CBJSprague24 posted:

Yeah, 2007 was one of those years where you had a glut of new teams, so both Riggs and Team Red Bull, Tommy Baldwin, and the like DNQ'd fairly regularly. Before that, you probably have to go back to 1994, when there were even more big names going home, including Petty Enterprises.

There were a lot of complaints around 2009-2010 when Max Papis kept DNQ'ing in the GEICO #13 while a lot of start-and-park teams made it, but in actuality the #13 parked a lot back then, too, so I'm not sure if it counts.

EDIT: So look at who did make the field:

#12-Ryan Blaney - his 2nd Cup start following a 27th in his debut at Kansas.
#21-Trevor Bayne - rebounding from his DNQ in the #6 last week
#29-Joe Nemechek - first Cup start for RAB Racing after DNQs at Daytona (2012) Daytona 400 (2014), and Indianapolis (2014).
#32-Terry Labonte - 890th and final Cup start, NASCAR making the team change the paint scheme for Sunday
#49-Mike Wallace - his first Talladega Cup start since 2008, and the first for Jay Robinsons' team since a last-minute number change.
#98-Josh Wise - Has made every race this season and, after team won last 3 LASTCAR titles, has yet to finish last in 2014.

EDIT2: Personally, I'm glad Stenhouse and Allgaier didn't make the show. Allgaier and Stenhouse are the reason the last two Talladega races ended under caution. It's too bad about Sorenson, though - he's had a handful of good runs at the plate tracks.

LASTCAR fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Oct 18, 2014

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

There were a couple strange DNQs in the late '90s. Sterling Marlin (40) and Jeff Burton (99) both missed the Spring race at Atlanta in separate years.

e- Doesn't this qualifying format mean everyone is in violation of the 100% Rule?

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Oct 18, 2014

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007

CBJSprague24 posted:

e- Doesn't this qualifying format mean everyone is in violation of the 100% Rule?

It's NASCAR. It's best if you don't apply logic to anything.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

I wonder if Roush will put Stenhouse in the 21. I would laugh forever.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007

Jayski posted:

#29-Nemechek initially made the race, but failed inspection. That put #36-Sorenson into the race.

Kids eat free!

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Good, gently caress Nemecheck.

mearn
Aug 2, 2011

Kevin Harvick's #1 Fan!

Weird how Nemechek wrecked the France kid in the truck race and then his Cup car failed inspection. :tinfoil:

Some Random Asshole
Apr 30, 2006

HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS

mearn posted:

Weird how Nemechek wrecked the France kid in the truck race and then his Cup car failed inspection. :tinfoil:

Yeah that's no coincidence :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Some Random rear end in a top hat posted:

Yeah that's no coincidence :lol:

Congrats again on your baller-rear end run today. That last lap was a hell of a thing to behold.

• Locked thread