Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Wanderer posted:

So I got a chance to read the Game Informer article about Revelations 2, and the producer's in there saying that if you're really hardcore, you'll recognize the name of the female character who's taunting Claire and Moira through the intercom.

People have been thinking Alex Wesker could be female since RE5, since very little's known about the character.

I assume it's that or she's someone mentioned in a random file like how Ada began.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dark Id
Aug 13, 2005

Why
you
know
I
LOVE
THIS SHIT !!!!
[citation needed]

Wanderer posted:

So I got a chance to read the Game Informer article about Revelations 2, and the producer's in there saying that if you're really hardcore, you'll recognize the name of the female character who's taunting Claire and Moira through the intercom.

People have been thinking Alex Wesker could be female since RE5, since very little's known about the character.

Elza Walker has finally come back for revenge against Claire for stealing her role.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Wanderer posted:

It's going to be loving Fong Ling isn't it.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

catlord posted:

It's going to be loving Fong Ling isn't it.

I am the one person in the world who liked Dead Aim. I would welcome her and Bruce back.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
It's totally gonna be Hunnigan.

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010
Was dead aim the one where they combined the T and G viruses and it gave the bad guy an inexplicable sex change and electrical powers? And his/her feet somehow morphed into high heels?

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Spalec posted:

Was dead aim the one where they combined the T and G viruses and it gave the bad guy an inexplicable sex change and electrical powers? And his/her feet somehow morphed into high heels?

Yes. Also southern hick James Bond. China tries to assassinate one of their agents clandestinely via a giant death star laser fired from an orbital satellite, etc.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Lotish posted:

I am the one person in the world who liked Dead Aim. I would welcome her and Bruce back.

I never played it, but I would too. I was just thinking, who is least likely to come back? The Ada ripoff, of course.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

The Dark Id posted:

Elza Walker has finally come back for revenge against Claire for stealing her role.

I'd be down for some RE styled Ben Riley/Peter Parker Clone Saga hijinks.

Sir Ilpalazzo
Sep 4, 2012

Oh man, I thought I was the only one this happened to. This cracked me and my co-op partner up when we saw this.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

Sir Ilpalazzo posted:

Oh man, I thought I was the only one this happened to. This cracked me and my co-op partner up when we saw this.

My friend and I try to break the game using his modem standby (lag switch) button.

I'm trying to get him to make more clips with me.

Wanderer posted:

It's Alexia. She has Alex Mercer's virus imitation thing going for her now.

In all seriousness I would imagine that kind of character to get their own main sequel, not be in Revelations 2. As far as I know all the old names have been used up aside from Alex and all the antagonists are being introduced as it goes on.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

Watch it be someone waaaaaaaaaay out of leftfield like Manuela

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Rebecca Chambers is BACK!

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Policenaut posted:

:swoon:

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!

Policenaut posted:

Evil Rebecca Chambers is something I can support with my dollars. All the more if she's using Evil Billy Cohen as her left hand.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Geight posted:

Evil Rebecca Chambers is something I can support with my dollars. All the more if she's using Evil Billy Cohen as her left hand.

Her left hand comes off? :aaa:

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
Ashley returns for some overtime.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

StandardVC10 posted:

He is her left hand!:aaaaa:

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

StandardVC10 posted:

Rebecca has the God Hand.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Lunethex posted:

Rebecca has the God Hand.

I, for one, welcome our new overlord(s)

No seriously, I would be down for a reunion (of sorts) of the series' cast offs, in one corner you have a reluctant Claire Redfield who took the high road and wanted out of this poo poo and accompanying her you have Moira Burton...jury's out on her but she is a Burton nonetheless. In the other corner we have Rebecca Chambers (and Billy because it just wouldn't be the same without him), the one who probably should've gotten the gently caress out of Dodge too but instead she took a turn for the worse after Raccoon got nuked and she wants to have everyone know what it was like to go through her experience.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Wow, apparently you can lag so bad that the game skips a boss fight. My friend lag switched when we jumped down from the railing before Simmons T-Rex fight and it loaded twice. Then we were in the elevator after the fight.

e. Apparently you can hide from Simmons. We were trying to get the bus to fall on us and he lost us even though he was looking right at us :v:

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Oct 18, 2014

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Aces High posted:

Watch it be someone waaaaaaaaaay out of leftfield like Manuela

Looking up who you were talking about led me to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jftw3OJ4Tio

I didn't like RE6, but I love the modding community.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

wow, that is pretty cool, they put a lot of work into that. All for some throwaway character (she may as well be)

Mountain Lightning
Aug 8, 2008

Romance Dawn For
The New World!
Am I the only one thinking it might be Jessica, since this is a sequel to Revelations?

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

Mountain Lightning posted:

Am I the only one thinking it might be Jessica, since this is a sequel to Revelations?

Surely Capcom's not THAT stupid.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Lunethex posted:

e. Apparently you can hide from Simmons. We were trying to get the bus to fall on us and he lost us even though he was looking right at us :v:

Their vision is based on movement.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
I just played through RE4 HD. I hadn't played it since it first dropped on the Gamecube, and while I remember liking it a lot, I don't remember it being THIS good. I'd have to say it's easily in my top 10 games of all time now that I've really gotten to play it again. It's just so well designed and it plays so well. I also played through Assignment Ada and Separate Ways - what are the general opinions of those? Separate Ways was pretty good, aside from a few moments of frustration here and there, although it never felt quite as good as RE4's main campaign. It was just really obvious they were reusing environments (which I don't fault Capcom for, it's just a side story) and it gave me more money than I knew what to do with. I found Assignment Ada to be a (mercifully short) slog though. I don't know if it just wasn't as well designed or I was just really getting tired of the same environments, but I really didn't have much fun with it. It was really predictable (enter room, kill 2 guys, grab Thing, 10 guys with shields come in and one minigun guy) and 99% of it was just me spraying everything with the TMP. I wasn't thrilled to fight Krauser again either. I like Ada and her persistent smugness too, I just didn't enjoy the sidestories as much as the main game. RE4 still absolutely rules though.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

It's worth remembering that Assignment Ada was basically a bonus mode tacked onto the original game whereas Separate Ways was an actual campaign added in after the fact. That's kinda why there is a big gap between them.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Deborah's hidden attack: sending you to the shadow realm.

Ada doesn't seem very concerned with it though :shobon:

e. I don't think Leon has his priorities in order.

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 11:27 on Oct 26, 2014

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
How on earth do you unlock new mercenaries stages in RE6? I have A ranks in all the three that you start with.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Anonymous Robot posted:

How on earth do you unlock new mercenaries stages in RE6? I have A ranks in all the three that you start with.

Beat the various campaigns.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012

Alteisen posted:

Beat the various campaigns.

Wait, don't you only get those three from beating the game to begin with?

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Yeah, I've beaten all the campaigns and I only have the three stages.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
You have to beat them in multiplayer, I believe. They'll unlock as you play through them online.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

I've done that, too. Maybe No Mercy doesn't count? poo poo's really stupid and obtuse, in any case.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
I think No mercy does not count.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Props to RE4's extra content for explaining where Leon's sweet bomber jacket goes.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Anonymous Robot posted:

I've done that, too. Maybe No Mercy doesn't count? poo poo's really stupid and obtuse, in any case.

No Mercy doesn't count, you need to get an A in the 3rd stage to unlock the 4th, then repeat with every unlocked stage to get the next one. A's in levels 1 and 2 don't do anything.

John Luebke
Jun 1, 2011
For anyone interested, the japanese version of the HD REmake is coming out today (Only for PS3 and 360 so far.), it's already up on the XBox360 Live marketplace, I'm still waiting for it to release on PSN.

While it's already known, that the asia release features english texts, it's now confirmed that the japanese version does too and a few other european languages as well. So you can go ahead and buy whichever version you want and wonder why they won't release the game in the west until next year.

John Luebke fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Nov 26, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facepalm Ranger
Jan 17, 2012

SOME PEOPLE FIND HOME APPLIANCES SEXUALLY AROUSING! ZORDS ARE NOT APPLIANCES, DAMMIT!

John Luebke posted:

For anyone interested, the japanese version of the HD REmake is coming out today (Only for PS3 and 360 so far.), it's already up on the XBox360 Live marketplace, I'm still waiting for it to release on PSN.

While it's already known, that the asia release features english texts, it's now confirmed that the japanese version does too and a few other european languages as well. So you can go ahead and buy whichever version you want and wonder why they won't release the game in the west until next year.

They're releasing it in like January right? It'll be something to do with release windows, like when they delay some movies purposefully for a dry season.

Apparently you can play as RE5 BSAA Chris and Jill. God I love Jill In that little baseball cap.