Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
we're certainly looking at a third, if the indefinite period in between dance being published and grrm dying counts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
Why did Loras and Renly become full blown gay in the show when they were just pretty boys who were occasionally fruity in the books.
Edit: Also why isn't Renly funny or manly in the show.

amuayse fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Oct 16, 2014

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

amuayse posted:

Why did Loras and Renly become full blown gay in the show when they were just pretty boys who were occasionally fruity in the books.

HBO wants sex!

I feel like kind of a dummy for not getting all of GRRM's innuendo though. I'd say "on my first reading" but I'm pretty certain it's going to be my only reading.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

amuayse posted:

Edit: Also why isn't Renly funny or manly in the show.

They were pretty in to each other in the books as well. HBO just removed the subtlety because that's how HBO rolls.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Also, HBO scenes aren't limited by perspective characters.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
The show guys confirmed next season is going to have flashbacks of some kind

I'd source it but who gives a poo poo about any of this anymore

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Intel&Sebastian posted:

The show guys confirmed next season is going to have flashbacks of some kind

I'd source it but who gives a poo poo about any of this anymore

Didn't Charles Dance say as much? Unless he is going to haunt Tyrion or Cersei.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

I want to know what dreamboat they got to play Rhaegar

PrBacterio
Jul 19, 2000

ActusRhesus posted:

other than the released chapters and a lot of "gently caress you it will be finished when it's finished"? No.
I've said this before, but I hope the absolute fucker never loving finishes it. After the steaming pile of poo poo that was the last book I'd rather the series remain unfinished than him producing more of that poo poo, it's obvious he's lost whatever touch he ever possessed that enabled him to write the first three entries in the first place. I like to think the chapters towards the end of ADWD where Dany is suffering from diarrhea were a subtle metaphor for the creative process he used in writing it.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

TK-42-1 posted:

I want to know what dreamboat they got to play Rhaegar

Kit Harington, just to gently caress with people.

The Mad King Aerys will be played by Gary Busey.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Evil Fluffy posted:

Kit Harington

The Mad King Aerys will be played by Gary Busey.

Then Rhaegar better be Jake.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

I just want to see the battle of the trident and a young robert bash him in the chest. my favorite piece of asoiaf fanart is that scene and the only one that isnt poo poo.

HaitianDivorce
Jul 29, 2012

syscall girl posted:

Didn't Charles Dance say as much? Unless he is going to haunt Tyrion or Cersei.

I'd pay real money (well maybe $5) to have Charles Dance hopping around in the background of Tyrion's and Cersei's scenes going all bug-eyed trying to freak them out while no one else bats an eye

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

HaitianDivorce posted:

I'd pay real money (well maybe $5) to have Charles Dance hopping around in the background of Tyrion's and Cersei's scenes going all bug-eyed trying to freak them out while no one else bats an eye

When Tyrion falls overboard have a bunch of Charles Dances in the water like the dead marshes scene in LotR.

sat on my keys!
Oct 2, 2014

syscall girl posted:

When Tyrion falls overboard have a bunch of Charles Dances in the water like the dead marshes scene in LotR.

Whenever Tyrion is talking to a prostitute just photoshop Charles Dance's face on top of the woman's.

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Let's kick some gigabutt!

Bleak Gremlin

TK-42-1 posted:

my favorite piece of asoiaf fanart is that scene and the only one that isnt poo poo.

Nah, this one's pretty good, too:

:nws:http://i.imgur.com/b0Zj1Lf.jpg:nws:

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

"Perhaps the fact the defendant had to be dragged out of the courtroom while declaring 'Death to you all, a Jihad on the court' may have had something to do with the revocation of his bond. That or calling the judge a bald-headed cock-sucker. Either way."

Lycus posted:

Also, HBO scenes aren't limited by perspective characters.

I think this is it. the innuendo was always there, but since it's not like they'd be loving in front of any of the POV characters the book can't be explicit.

DARPA
Apr 24, 2005
We know what happens to people who stay in the middle of the road. They get run over.

MB13 posted:

Pretty sure he said no poo poo.

Also why isn't your link in the OP?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

MB13 posted:

Someone explain the excessively tight snake armband because if it refers to something from the books I forgot and I'm not really itching to go re-read ADWD.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
I hadn't realized it, but browsing back through the OP, this is the longest running bad thread yet. So, uh, good work everyone?

Dead Man Posting posted:

Thanks to Kylaer for posting this. This is for historical purposes.

• The original GRRMASOIAF thread. 26 pages, spanning November 15th 2006 to February 13th 2007. Oh how the times have changed since then. There was no hatred, no rage against the GRRM - there was genuine book discussion, and everything was exciting and new. It was eventually closed by a moderator because the thread's creator had vanished, paving the way for...

• The proto-Bad Thread, which sprawled over 240 pages and lasted from February 13th 2007 to March 25th 2009. These were the years in which the mood among the GRRMASOIAF fans began to sour, and The Bad Thread developed its own distinct culture, combining such elements as a hatred of the GRRM, a love of spoiling newbies, and general pessimism about everything. This thread saw the creation of much fanfiction, and, worse, GRRMfiction. On or about page 205, Bummey coined the phrase "Absolute fucker" in reference to the GRRM, which became a favored epithet. But all things come to an end, and this thread found its termination when a stupid newbie named Egon de Szombathely, who registered specifically to join the discussion, hit Post instead of Reply and spun off a new thread. This thread was prompted closed by Loosechanj, forcing us into our new home, which was...

• The Bad Thread I, First of Its Name, King of the Spoilers, the Hatred, and the Rape Chat. Egon's OP originally read:

Although apt, it was replaced with a more extensive OP shortly thereafter. This thread was by far the most like unto the GRRM in size, bloating to 501 pages between March 24th 2009 and October 12th 2010. The rapechat was developed during its early days, as is entirely appropriate - on or about page 50 was where it really took off. Nothing could stop this behemoth - other than Viconia, who wanted her own version of The Bad Thread, and closed it, making way for...

• The Bad Thread II, Bad Threadder. This was a seamless continuation of the first Bad Thread, although it did not live up to its parent in size. Between October 12th 2010 and April 20th 2011, it generated 250 pages. The HBO TV series was generating its own threads during the later phase of this, and foolish souls from The Bad Thread launched marauding raids on the hapless TVIV denizens, bringing down the Wrath of the Mods. Then some dumbass posted goatse and got the thread gassed, good job! It was quickly followed by...

• III Bad Thread. This thread lasted a mere 44 pages between April 20th 2011 and May 1st 2011. During this thread, the official announcement of A DANCE WITH DRAGONS was publicized, leading to much incredulity and rage, with consequential shitposting. It burned brightly, but the incandescence of the thread attracted the gaze of Loosechanj, who decreed that the shitposting had to stop. The egomaniac who created the thread ( ) didn't like this and closed the thread instead, leaving the torch to be picked up by IRQ, in...

• The Bad ThrIVad. More successful and less shitpost-y than its predecessor, it ran 122 pages from May 1st 2011 to July 2nd 2011. This thread saw the most unbelievable of developments: A DANCE WITH DRAGONS, after being delayed for years, actually got released early, due to a gently caress-up with the German Amazon.com. Oh, what days of glory, as the spoilers flew and the WILD CARDS were separated from the MILD CARDS. This thread was closed by a mod. Why?

• The Bad Thread V lasted two pages then got closed.

And that brings us here to the bland thread.

You can also discuss the HBO series in this thread. Season 3 of the series premiered on March 31st, 2013. Episodes return next March, 2014.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzI9v_B4sxw&hd=1

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill
To be fair, Blind Sally, at this point this thread is only running on the noxious fumes leaking out of GRRM's enormous rear end.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Plus sadly the rage has been on a simmer since the show started augmenting the fan's desire for new Song of Ice and Fire garbage. I miss the days when this thread was the black sheep of TBB.

I_Socom
Jul 18, 2007

A great ride that requires finesse and effort to get the best out of it.

TK-42-1 posted:

I just want to see the battle of the trident and a young robert bash him in the chest. my favorite piece of asoiaf fanart is that scene and the only one that isnt poo poo.

I presume you mean this one:

Pong Daddy posted:

Rhaegaru noooooooo

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I'm sorry, but it's a fact that this is the best ASOIAF fan-art.

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

"Perhaps the fact the defendant had to be dragged out of the courtroom while declaring 'Death to you all, a Jihad on the court' may have had something to do with the revocation of his bond. That or calling the judge a bald-headed cock-sucker. Either way."
kind of want to photoshop a hook holding a red solo cup into this. He looks like a douchey frat boy...in a truly beautiful sense.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

I_Socom posted:

I presume you mean this one:

That's the poo poo right there. Which reminds me there was like 20 seconds of that Empire Strikes Back "uncut" supercut that was someone doing parts of the Hoth battle scene as Bunraku puppet theatre that I need to find the full video of.

Tea Bone
Feb 18, 2011

I'm going for gasps.

ActusRhesus posted:

kind of want to photoshop a hook holding a red solo cup into this. He looks like a douchey frat boy...in a truly beautiful sense.

Anyway, you're all wrong. I can't believe nobody has brought up the night king fan art:

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

Much obliged.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Been ages since I posted here. Please don't catch me up.

This is funny: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oj6S3LAWj88

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Shageletic posted:

Been ages since I posted here. Please don't catch me up.

This is funny: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oj6S3LAWj88

ahahaha

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

HaitianDivorce
Jul 29, 2012

Where's GURM licking his lips? No half-measures :colbert:

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

i love you.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

Please insert Crouching Brienne or making GBS threads Dragon into the foreground to complete this masterpiece tia

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

visceril posted:

Please insert Crouching Brienne or making GBS threads Dragon into the foreground to complete this masterpiece tia

Now someone needs to do a "crouching Lion making GBS threads dragon" movie poster.

p.crestmont
Feb 17, 2012

Haha, awesome.

Tea Bone
Feb 18, 2011

I'm going for gasps.

Beautiful.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

It took awhile to realize that was Jaime and Brienne, and not some random dude and a violated stableboy.

Saeka
Jul 2, 2007

I'm a man that loves the simple things. Sunhats. Boba. Dresses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rannos22
Mar 30, 2011

Everything's the same as it always is.

I've never seen a piece of fanart I've wanted to frame and put on my wall until now.