Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
And for gently caress's sake, MMM, at least tell us what information you have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
MMM Cpig better be the murderer or you are a butt who is dumb.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Meinberg posted:

And for gently caress's sake, MMM, at least tell us what information you have.

I'm a drunk dude that hates opop but in this game I'm his business partner. I only know about myself.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

The killer is in this list imo:

CPig
Juanito
Magnus
Hal

Well that's pretty bad since those dudes are always hard to read

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Also sorry guys I blame my myriad of mental disorders for that.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
That was selfish man. Wasting an entire day. tisk tisk

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

"It was you!" Screamed MMM.
"No I swear" Pig cried. "You have to believe me! Please, MMM...MMM?"
pig put his hand on M's shoulder and let out a girlish scream as MMM slumped forward, a knife in his back.

MMM was killed D1

Player: MMM
Name: Jean Slater
Weapon of Choice: Rope
Motive: JEALOUSY-You feel that the business was your idea, but through cunning manipulation Opop came to control the majority share of the company, leaving you with barely enough of an income to survive! You have been quite vocal about how much you envy him, and how it should all be yours instead, especially when you’ve been drinking.
Alibi: Passed out drunk

It is now N1

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Are nights open?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Yeah I think so. I kind of feel like I should close them but we'll see how it goes

give head or get dead
Feb 16, 2010

...the motives are based on 7 deadly sins?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Mine isn't quite, but it's sorta close.

Also there's 9 suspects so that doesn't work.

give head or get dead
Feb 16, 2010

Yeah overlap has to happen, so removes usefulness to that theory If it was true

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem
It can't be seven deadly sins because Mad Rancher's motive was money, instead of greed.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

It's highly likely that Cpig is going to get killed tonight, what with him now being confirmed town. So, if you have any info, Cpig, I'd let us know now, before the night ends.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I'm confirmed town, before I'm killed tonight I want to say the I investigated meinberg, his weapon of choice is a straight razor.

give head or get dead
Feb 16, 2010

But would you agree that money could be linked to greed or gluttony? Mine links easily to one of them

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

CapitalistPig posted:

I'm confirmed town, before I'm killed tonight I want to say the I investigated meinberg, his weapon of choice is a straight razor.

This is accurate.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
My motive is that I'm jealous about an antique pistol that Opop won't give me.

I'm his quartermaster.

So, it could be a seven deadly sins kind of thing.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm going to close nights, town's already a little OP

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

While looking for clues Pig accidently leans on a candlestick and reveals a secret passage! Well, to be accurate, he falls into a secret passage. Falls to to his death, unfortunately

Cpig was killed N1

Player: Cpig
Name: Joseph Samuels
Occupation: Opop’s Quartermaster (You were never really sure why Opop needed a weapons expert, but hey the pay’s good. Each night you can sneak into someone’s room and find out what their weapon of choice is)
Weapon of Choice: Candlestick
Motive: JEALOUSY-Opop had recently acquired a beautiful antique pistol that you’ve become obsessed with. It’s the perfect thing for your collection, but he refuses to part with it.
Alibi: You were at a local pawn shop working on getting a cool sword Opop had sent you to purchase.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Okay, now that nights are closed, if you're going to accuse, please give the person you're targeting an opportunity to tell what they know.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
Meinberg, tell me what was your alibi for the night Opop died???

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

The lights once again go out for a few minutes, when they turn back on there's a message written in blood on a nearby mirror

The killer worked for Opopanax

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Magnus Gallant posted:

Meinberg, tell me what was your alibi for the night Opop died???

I was drinking down at the bar.

give head or get dead
Feb 16, 2010

I can vouch that Asiina is not the killer :sun:

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Big Nothing posted:

I can vouch that Asiina is not the killer :sun:

I could never do such a thing to my beloved opopopopopopopop

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
This is good though, cause as long as nobody accuses me and I don't accuse anyone, then we'll have at least one cleared person alive tomorrow.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem

Juanito posted:

There's got to be a way to solve this, but I don't know what it is.
I got nothing, I thought I came up with something clever, but it fell apart when I applied a little bit of logic and reason. :downs: also the fact that the day ends when someone accuses.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

If there are no accusations by tomorrow evening, the day will end regardless

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
I think I'm going to accuse someone

I'm thinking Hal or Magnus. I'm thinking it's one of them..

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Juanito posted:

I think I'm going to accuse someone

I'm thinking Hal or Magnus. I'm thinking it's one of them..

I'm positive it isn't magnus and I am also positive it isn't me!

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

In may ways, the first two days of this game are kind of a crapshoot. Next day, we all need to put all of our cards on the table, though.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem

Meinberg posted:

In may ways, the first two days of this game are kind of a crapshoot. Next day, we all need to put all of our cards on the table, though.
I was thinking about this and wouldn't it be better to do before the next hint? Easier to catch someone in a lie

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Juanito posted:

I was thinking about this and wouldn't it be better to do before the next hint? Easier to catch someone in a lie

Doing it next day would give us more night actions with which to corroborate information.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem

Meinberg posted:

Doing it next day would give us more night actions with which to corroborate information.
Are we assuming nobody will accuse?

Because if someone accuses someone, unless it's the killer, then a town dies, but another person is guaranteed and confirmed town. So the killer has to kill that confirmed town.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
BN confirmed me as town so the killer has to either kill BN, kill me, or kill whoever is accused today. In any case, we're just going to end up with more cleared people than the killer can kill.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Juanito posted:

Are we assuming nobody will accuse?

Because if someone accuses someone, unless it's the killer, then a town dies, but another person is guaranteed and confirmed town. So the killer has to kill that confirmed town.

It'll still be LYLO tomorrow even if no one accuses. I think that someone accusing today is the right way to go. I might be convinced that laying everything on the table is a good idea, but I still don't know.

If multiple players match the profile of the killer based on the information currently presented, the killer will likely go for someone else, to create more confusion for town.

I'm going to do a bit of thinking out loud here for a sec.

Basically, the purpose of night actions, as far as I can tell, is as a fact checking tool. It's there to prevent the killer from lying about information. The mod information from Opop is the only way to find the killer if the killer is completely honest. And even with three bits of information available we might not be able to narrow down the killer. But if we accuse someone who matches two pieces, then the odds of there being multiple people who match three pieces would be significantly reduced.

Okay, so maybe we do need to do some reveals today. But, I think that we need to reveal information based off of the data points that Opop has revealed already, rather than a full disclosure. A full disclosure would provide the killer with additional information to form lies on, and we might not be able to catch him or her tomorrow if our night actions and what he lies about do not correlate. We already have a few sets of complete, false information, but hopefully we can prevent the fabrication of new information by keeping disclosure to a minimum.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

My name is Jeff Snyder and I'm a private investigator.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
My information doesn't match either of the clues we got from Opop. My initials are KO and I didn't work for Opop. I guess for information that hasn't been revealed yet, my motive is Love.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Asiina posted:

My information doesn't match either of the clues we got from Opop. My initials are KO and I didn't work for Opop. I guess for information that hasn't been revealed yet, my motive is Love.

How did bn do that?

• Locked thread