Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I duo'd with a friend today, who's usually just about as good as I am and stomped a goon man once or twice. We lost 3/13 games, and I was keeping a log of the reasons why we lost; at least from my perspective. Of course I'm not going to blame myself as the biggest reason games are thrown, but I'd like to eventually just post a log and have people look at the match history and then my reasoning behind the lost game and see how delusional I am. A lot of the games were lost because some other lane was snowballing so out of control that there was nothing I could do from where I was to help stop the bleeding.

I'm still in an Elo where players aren't buying any wards of their own, no one buys pinks except for a support player and maybe a jungler once a game. People are still trying to duel when they're three kills down, people are still face-checking a totally blind forest to farm wolves. It's pretty miserable. I'm a really mediocre laner but I'm great at team fighting, the issue is just games getting too out of control to do anything about them.

I'm trying to get to Gold V this season, but I've dropped out of Silver I promos, down to Silver II at almost 0 LP because of the duo queue. I don't feel like I'm even tilting yet, but I'd like to play with better goons who can help me out/point out mistakes/just loving carry me so I'll stop whining about this on the forums.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maev
Dec 6, 2010
Economically illiterate Tory Boy Bollocks brain.
Keep away from children

quote:

I'm still in an Elo where players aren't buying any wards of their own, no one buys pinks except for a support player and maybe a jungler once a game. People are still trying to duel when they're three kills down, people are still face-checking a totally blind forest to farm wolves. It's pretty miserable

I'm in Gold 1 and nothing actually changes

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Be warned, I remember another goon keeping a log of their losses and he ended up being a nutto. It might tip you over the edge.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
Buying wards outside of the free one you're given is a waste of gold that could be spent towards killing other people faster.

If you think 1 isn't enough you're not doing it right.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
I buy more wards than i used to as a jungler and I win a lot more games.

stiknork
Aug 3, 2006

Flameingblack posted:

I duo'd with a friend today, who's usually just about as good as I am and stomped a goon man once or twice. We lost 3/13 games, and I was keeping a log of the reasons why we lost; at least from my perspective. Of course I'm not going to blame myself as the biggest reason games are thrown, but I'd like to eventually just post a log and have people look at the match history and then my reasoning behind the lost game and see how delusional I am. A lot of the games were lost because some other lane was snowballing so out of control that there was nothing I could do from where I was to help stop the bleeding.

Can't wait dude

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014
The more you quote me, the worse I post :smug:
ASK ME ABOUT HOW I DON'T NEED TO READ TO PLAY LEAGUE OF LEGENDS

NTT posted:

I buy more wards than i used to as a jungler and I win a lot more games.

pinks or stealth? where do you put em?

fnox
May 19, 2013

I buy wards almost neurotically now, every time I play jungle. I think I may be overdoing it now too as I'm realizing I always end the game with a pink on. I have this recent Wukong game I'm 10 / 4 / 20 with 13 sight wards and 3 vision wards bought. That's 1275 gold in wards out of 14k gold in total, 9% of all gold spent that game.

Although the added benefit of not having your idiot team run into obvious ambushes kind of outweighs the cost.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
Here's a log of the reason we lost every udyr game I lost

1. bought feral flare, put points in r
2. bought feral flare, put points in r
3. bought feral flare, put points in r, bought a static shiv for some reason
4. bought feral flare, put points in r

Use this as you will, ymmv.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Oh hey, I found a replay of the game after all. If anyone (Servaetes) wanted to look at this and give me tips, because I'm pretty sure I didn't play my best despite the score, I think I might have wasted too much time running around pointlessly.

Eggcornz and Friendly Gowby comin' atcha, one-two punch!

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
I've lost a bunch of ranked games lately because of people jungling Malphite and doing nothing. Why would anyone jungle Malphite? The worst part is as soon as the game starts they are like "GG guys I'm jungle Malphite, don't worry dawg it's freelo"

Whoever coined that term and whoever is telling these people to Jungle Malphite. I need to know who that is and I need to end them. I need to source this out somehow.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
freelo is all elos

xeose4
Sep 22, 2014
This is why I don't watch streams. I don't want to get to the point where jungle Tristana starts to feel like a reasonable thing to try out.

EDIT:

VVVVV That position is really bad for your back.

xeose4 fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Oct 19, 2014

Headline
Jul 9, 2008

by XyloJW
Getting in on Photos crew

glomkettle
Sep 24, 2013

Darth Windu posted:

Oh hey, I found a replay of the game after all. If anyone (Servaetes) wanted to look at this and give me tips, because I'm pretty sure I didn't play my best despite the score, I think I might have wasted too much time running around pointlessly.

Eggcornz and Friendly Gowby comin' atcha, one-two punch!

Oh god that game was so embarrassing please just don't look at top lane at all.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

I like building sword of the divine and going ham on bond's butthole

Headline
Jul 9, 2008

by XyloJW
please let me know if I have the physique of a NBA player tia

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

ZenVulgarity posted:

I like building sword of the divine and going ham on bond's butthole

Better get those in while you can, because if the earlier PBE changes go live (probably will because everything on the PBE does) you'll lose your chance soon!

quote:

Removed Items

The following items have been removed from Summoner's Rift (most remain on other maps atm):

Atma's Impaler
Elixir of Brilliance
Elixir of Fortitude
Executioner's Calling
Feral Flare
Guinsoo's Rageblade
Spirit of the Ancient Golem
Spirit of the Elder Lizard
Spirit of Spectral Wraith
Spirit Stone
Sword of the Divine
Madred's Razors
Quill Coat
Wriggle's Lantern

Honestly I wonder why Riot even bothers having items any more. Just have everyone get stat boosts according to their Sanctified Class Build (because they wouldn't want you to be overwhelmed by choice) at whatever gold checkpoints. Also just reveal the whole map at all times since that seems to be what they're heading toward anyway.

PS Itemization and vision in this game are a complete joke.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Oct 19, 2014

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
The item system is a joke and somehow got worse if they do that.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

chumbler posted:

Better get those in while you can, because if the earlier PBE changes go live (probably will because everything on the PBE does) you'll lose your chance soon!

Honestly I wonder why Riot even bothers having items any more. Just have everyone get stat boosts according to their Sanctified Class Build (because they wouldn't want you to be overwhelmed by choice) at whatever gold checkpoints. Also just reveal the whole map at all times since that seems to be what they're heading toward anyway.

PS Itemization and vision in this game are a complete joke.

What a loving joke

I'd seriously never play and go to dota full time

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Do you even actually play this game anymore?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
God bless the end of Shitstone Udyr :911:

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Methanar posted:

Requesting picture of Mikujin wearing a rough riders toque.

And one of gowby holding a sippy cup of wine.

And one of servaetes holding a sticky note saying Serv <3 panth
Regrettably, I do not own a Rough Riders toque.

Observe Me
Jan 21, 2006

I know shits bad right now with all that starving bullshit and the dust storms and we are running out of french fries and burrito coverings. But I got a solution!

Yeah all of those items are either jungle items (which they are reworking, anyway), elixers (which they are reworking anyway), or items nobody builds anymore, except as a joke. If anything, they need to get rid of at least one more item.

Ruunaan's

Flameingblack posted:

God bless the end of Shitstone Udyr :911:

gently caress trick2g for inventing madstone udyr. I look forwards to season 5

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Observe Me posted:

Yeah all of those items are either jungle items (which they are reworking, anyway), elixers (which they are reworking anyway), or items nobody builds anymore, except as a joke. If anything, they need at least one more item.

Ruunaan's
That's still the most built item in Salty Teemo. Sometimes two of them.

Observe Me posted:

Did he also do teleport/smite Master Yi? He just innovates really loving annoying builds that usually end up costing just as many games as winning them because no one bothers to learn why he's doing what he does.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

ZenVulgarity posted:

What a loving joke

I'd seriously never play and go to dota full time

you should.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Observe Me posted:

Yeah all of those items are either jungle items (which they are reworking, anyway), elixers (which they are reworking anyway), or items nobody builds anymore, except as a joke. If anything, they need to get rid of at least one more item.

Ruunaan's

Pretty sure there's a better solution to people not building those items (because they're poo poo) than "Eh gently caress it, just delete them."

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Can't say I'm too mad. Most of those are trap items, or stuff they're reworking anyway. Will miss ghostblade, though.

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty
Atmas is legitimately terrible even in a weird situation where you are literally splitpushing for 50m on Sion, it had to be either reworked or removed.

EC is incredibly situational and only useful in a weird scenario where nobody can buy a Morellonomicon for some reason, nobody took ignite, there's a Mundo on the enemy team, and you can end before burning an item slot is a problem.

I don't think there's any use cases at all for rageblade, but I might be wrong.

I'd rather see these items get rebalanced rather than removed, personally, but Atma's has been a giant problem in the past, and I could definitely see where EC would get really stupid if the bleed wasn't tied to an active and it was worth taking on ADCs.

Anyway my point was Ruannan's does have plenty of use cases, Kayle is out of fashion right now but her and Teemo make frequent use of the item as core, and theres weird fringe cases where you can pick it up on Cait or Twitch where you absolutely need your ADC to be responsible for almost all of the waveclear in a seige early on in the game.

It is weird that they're deleting SOTD though. That thing has seen plenty of use, even it's a little weird.

psymonkey
May 22, 2006

This post is full of pretty awesome holes. I like all the holes in this post.
Those items being deleted won't lower my enjoyment of the game any - because they are bought in like 1% of my games, but what kind of perturbs me is that Riot seems to just be like "welp, can't find a way to make any of these lovely items good, better just delete em." Like what the gently caress is that. At least TRY something for some of these items. Like, have SotD only lose 25/50% of the stats when it's on CD and lower the reward for killing someone, move Atma's Atk dmg halfway between what it is now and what it was pre nerf, maybe adjust cost accordingly. Give FF more gold on creep kill but get rid of the lovely stacking mechanic, or have it gain stats like RoA.

I just came up with those ideas instantly. Why wasn't anything like this ever even considered? But then again maybe they are just shelving them between seasons and they have something planned for some of them before next season. The item choice is already anemic in this game though and I don't have a lot of charity to offer in that department.

Observe Me
Jan 21, 2006

I know shits bad right now with all that starving bullshit and the dust storms and we are running out of french fries and burrito coverings. But I got a solution!
Or maybe they just want the shop to be less cluttered and intimidating for new people :shrug:

VVVVVV I've also seen it built alot on Jax for the passive.

xeose4
Sep 22, 2014

A Stupid Baby posted:

I don't think there's any use cases at all for rageblade, but I might be wrong.

Saw it being core on a gimmick AP Tryndamere build, since he spends a lot of time fighting under 50% HP, which is what the item wants you to do.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
its weird and disappointing that riot didnt try just making small number changes to the items until they were either obviously unbalanceable or fixed. why they're against working things out consistently and slowly is beyond me

if rageblade just cost 600 more and was budgeted around that a bunch of characters could build it. a few

really wish they had just left elixirs fun and strong instead of what they are now or removing them. gently caress

Verviticus fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Oct 19, 2014

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
Some items are mechanically bad concepts. Every single one of the non-jungle items they listed is iredeemable, except Executioner's Calling which should be an active on a 90 second cooldown that makes your AAs apply grievous wounds for 10 seconds.

Also, all cast healing should be nerfed by ~25% and grievous wounds should be ~-25%. Right now champions like Swain and Mundo are dumb as gently caress without ignite up, and useless with it up. The mechanic should exist but it shouldn't be so binary. It seems like Riot is just going to remove it and nerf heals which is just dumb.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
so hey congrats rinj von scoot and mira aroyo for being on the worlds stream it was pretty awesome

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
I'm unironically going to miss Hurricane. It's such a dumb fun item to build on Twitch and Caitlin because of how it interacts with their passives, even if it's trash.

Speaking of Twitch, I'm in love all over again. Every little thing about that rat is perfect (except for his awful attack range but that's part of the parcel that is Twitch). :allears:

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

K8.0 posted:

Some items are mechanically bad concepts. Every single one of the non-jungle items they listed is iredeemable, except Executioner's Calling which should be an active on a 90 second cooldown that makes your AAs apply grievous wounds for 10 seconds.

Also, all cast healing should be nerfed by ~25% and grievous wounds should be ~-25%. Right now champions like Swain and Mundo are dumb as gently caress without ignite up, and useless with it up. The mechanic should exist but it shouldn't be so binary. It seems like Riot is just going to remove it and nerf heals which is just dumb.

Why is Grevious Wounds a good mechanic? What's bad with just removing it? Right now, it's really binary, as you said; either healing is balanced with it being applied, in which case it's out of control when it's not applied, or healing is balanced around GW not being applied, in which case it's useless when it is applied. I think that just removing it is a better idea.

(Incidentally, that's my same thought on armor and magic penetration, but that's a whole other thing.)

OtherworldlyInvader
Feb 10, 2005

The X-COM project did not deliver the universe's ultimate cup of coffee. You have failed to save the Earth.

Tonetta posted:

so hey congrats rinj von scoot and mira aroyo for being on the worlds stream it was pretty awesome

Seeing this live was lol.

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky

CS and Dragons. Mechanics themselves will take you pretty far.

Also, WHY THE gently caress DID THEY GET RID OF ATMA'S? NOOOOOOOOOO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

K8.0 posted:

What's irredeemable about them?

• Locked thread