Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cryohazard
Feb 5, 2010
Green ones aren't very good in general. The other colors all have really powerful bonuses, though. Reds are especially great and have the potential to buff your troops massively but you can only have one masterpiece per statue type, so that's one for attack and one for HP, and you have lots of free slots after that to spam the mid-tier sculptures in empty slots. Blue are the hardest to get but are incredibly annoying and a great deterrent- having ~+30% health on all your buildings makes assaulting your base a loving nightmare- and "dark" masterpieces have the potential to be amazingly useful in a quality of life manner rather than power. I've got one that gives +32% to all resource rewards from raids which I personally love, but is probably the worst of the dark types. There's one that pumps your gunboat energy up, which is great, and one that improves the chance of crystal drops. Powder that before taking down a Hammerman base, preferably accompanied by liberal Dr Terror raids.

First tip, upgrading your sculptor is stupidly expensive but pays off massively even by adding a single mid-tier red to your collection. Don't neglect it.

Second tip, don't be fooled into keeping green masterpieces around. They really, really suck compared to the other colors, and a mid-tier red, or blue +HP, or any dark is going to serve you better.

Third tip, scrapping a masterpiece is worth 7 powder, powder is amazing and is there to be used, grind up those green statues, sprinkle fairy dust everywhere before a big resource push.

Also, how players are getting past level 36 without space for 12 tanks is frankly baffling to me, that poo poo needs to be your priority!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

Cryohazard posted:

Also, how players are getting past level 36 without space for 12 tanks is frankly baffling to me, that poo poo needs to be your priority!

Yeah, even just getting the slots for 6 medics/6 tanks is awesome, that's definitely one thing that holds true from Clash (max your army size early and often).

As someone who has HQ16 building right now and is halfway to 38, even though it's been pretty easy right now just coasting on casual upgrades, raiding gets exponentially easier every time I bring an LC up to the point of 16 slots for an extra tank, so I really wish I went balls-out getting 16-slotted across the board much sooner.

I'll of course put it off longer now that I'll have new stuff to upgrade from HQ16 finishing in a day or two, ha.

Thanks for the writeup, Cryo, I put it in the OP.

vulturesrow posted:

And thanks for all the words S.T.C.A.

For sure man. I don't have much time for sit-down-for-an-hour gaming anymore, and there's juuust enough depth to BB with enough persistence that I thoroughly enjoy playing it and sharing it. Got at least one guy at my work playing it now too, ha.

At the same time, I still don't care enough to find out on my own if there's any timeline on a Clash-style clan system being added, but I am curious if there is anything on the horizon or if Supercell specified that Boom is done as-is.

Tempora Mutantur fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Sep 28, 2014

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
http://forum.supercell.net/showthread.php/219660-yesup-s-Ultimate-Guide-to-Power-Stones-and-Statues

All the words you need about statues.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
Is there any reason to hold off on taking down the lvl 20 Hammerman base? I'm pretty sure I won't have too much trouble doing so.

Also, I had a rather funny thing happen. Successfully defended against an attack where the guy tried going up the left side of my base. He didn't succeed and lost all his troops. About 20 hours he tried it again but tested the right side of the base. Its even funnier because my base defenses are complete crap and pretty much thrown down willy nilly.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Dimix posted:

Just hit HQ13 today.

Not in screen but my LC are 14/12/12/10/10/8
Combined: 18% TD, 9% TH, 11% GE

If I saw my base come up, I'd attack it. It's not a good base.

I focused on my armory and econ building almost exclusively until maybe HQ10 when people with tanks started attacking me. My defenses are still terrible but they were much worse. What you see in the screenshot is what I've gotten to with pretty much nonstop defense upgrading with breaks only to increase storage to level my HQ.

Loving the hell out of the game. It's a lot more laid back than clash of clans and the give you diamonds at a nice rate. I haven't spent any money and I rarely rush anything so I'm sitting on a nice pile of diamonds. My biggest diamond expenditure was to rush a barrage upgrade by 2.5 hours (30-40ish diamonds) because I was sitting on 700k gold and didn't want to risk losing it. Other than that I see anything over 15-20 as not worth it.

holy poo poo, I think I attacked you within the past 2 days....I'm sorry friend :(

Dimix
Aug 1, 2004
If you're going by my name and not the look of my base, you very well could have! I've changed the layout of my base to the ever popular corner base.

What's your name? I hope you aren't the 31 that beat me with 6 tanks. That one stung because my base has beaten better comps than that. He just played better.

I don't get attacked too often because it seems that there is a connection between how much you attack and how often you show up to other people. I pushed through to hq15 recently and I got 12 separate people scouting my base the next day while I normally average 3.

Since I got my raiding resource masterpiece statue I've been feeling alot better about raiding. Prior to that I rarely found any bases worth it. 54% more resources changed that.

Currently working on upgrading my new hq15 stuff then I really need to upgrade my awful LC. They are 15/13/12/12/12/12 at the moment.

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

Resource reward masterpieces and lots of LC slots definitely helps enjoyment of the game. I wouldn't prioritize RR over GBE before, but once I got the 40% RR, that helped everything along quite a bit; 40% more on every raid makes even clearing AI bases worthwhile at this point, not just for VP.

vulturesrow posted:

Is there any reason to hold off on taking down the lvl 20 Hammerman base? I'm pretty sure I won't have too much trouble doing so.

No reason that I can think of other than if you have a spare statue slot for power stone or already run one, maybe it's worth boosting for it? Not sure, I never did it myself but someone mentioned it a few posts ago.

Zila
Jun 21, 2013

vulturesrow posted:

You should take it out so that you can do the dr terror that spawns on Friday/Saturday.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

About halfway through player level 19 and successful attacks are mounting on my base. This is hella annoying when trying to save enough stone for the HQ10 upgrade. I'll read back in the thread about base stuff but please chime in with any good advice you may have and not the "make the base you don't want to face" face advice because I'm dumb and will throw 5 boats of dudes at anything once :D

ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

Post a screenshot of your base and we can make some suggestions of what to do. I can't remember what you have at HQ9 so I can't recommend anything offhand.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Be nice as I've made no real attempt to to place the defenses intelligently. :). The only thing I don't have built for defense is a flamethrower.

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF
well, first of all, upgrade your defenses

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

vulturesrow posted:

Be nice as I've made no real attempt to to place the defenses intelligently. :). The only thing I don't have built for defense is a flamethrower.

Nauta posted:

well, first of all, upgrade your defenses

1) Upgrade all your sniper towers asap. At least level 7 if you can; the higher, the better, at least until you get them all to level 14 (which will be at least a couple HQ upgrades away iirc).

2) Upgrade all your mortars after that, the higher the better.

3) Upgrade cannons as you see fit. Right now, they're only wrecking heavies and warriors for you; once you start seeing tanks/feeling like you need to wreck those units harder, upgrade them.

4) Personally, I say don't sweat the flamers and MGs. Build and upgrade them all when you have nothing else you can afford. I still have level 3 flamers at HQ16.

As far as placement goes, that's up for some debate. What I'd do at HQ9 knowing what I know now is probably something similar to this, but no idea how effective it would be:

http://boombeach.neggsnetwork.com/boombeach/view/27506

The general idea is sniper nests act as anti-warriors while punishing aggression on all buildings. Your HQ is covered by many overlapping fields of fire. There's no real flanking. All buildings that provide energy serve as walls for crappier defenses (i.e. MGs) so that enemies have to eat fire from the bigger stuff behind them (the snipers).

One very notable weakness: You can probably blow up the HQ with zookas below that mortar after blowing up the front two snipers. Probably other weaknesses. Either way, it's a starting point. The gist of it is making sure your HQ is protected from overlapping fields of fire without opening yourself up to condensed building that gets wrecked by arty/barrages.

Gratuitous HQ16 shot, very very drat happy with its defenses so far (still no ice statues, all TD/GBE with one-off MPs for TH and RR):

Mine configs change pretty often but basically line my beach. LC are 6x16 slots with 1x10 so that I can rock 12 tanks and 2 medics. It's awesome.

Tempora Mutantur fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Oct 13, 2014

Dimix
Aug 1, 2004
Why 14 on the sniper towers? Is that the biggest bang for your buck?

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

Dimix posted:

Honestly, I feel like it's a psychological deterrent; 14 is when the snipers turn into the green-metal-and-concrete versions that they remain at forever. When I was around the HQ level where you'd start seeing L14 snipers, I'd start to favor bases that still had the crappier looking earlier versions. Basically, for every player that actually checks HP when scouting before attacking, it seems like there's at least two more who will just mash attack and hope for the best based on what they can eyeball without detailed scouting. I base all of this off of facts carefully sourced from My rear end.

:goonsay:

Bang-for-your-buck wise, meh. Not really sure, didn't really do any number crunching beyond L14 is the last sub-300k-wood upgrade point for towers.

For reference at HQ16, I have 4 L14 snipers and 2 L15 snipers. I haven't upgraded them very much once I got them all to L14 which was at least 1 or 2 HQ levels ago; those two L15s were because they happened to be the biggest upgrades I could make when I collected all my resources and didn't have time to raid much more.

Zila
Jun 21, 2013

Dimix posted:

I believe it's the level with the next visual upgrade so it makes you look harder.

The game is oriented to attacking, upgrade your armory, landing crafts, and gun boat. Then just hit targets with big resources when it's time to upgrade something else. Sit on no resources and when you get raided the one or two times a day you don't lose anything. You get way more loot from raids then by the passively collecting and defending.

I'm 34 and regularly take out 39-40s.. That base above would be pretty easy, just art/bar the boom cannons and go up the right with tanks/medics. Or be lazy and smoke rush warriors right into the hq and shock left and right for a 20 sec win.

There's a reason a level 48 got to first place, all he did was max lc and max rank warrior rush.

Dimix
Aug 1, 2004
That makes sense. I guess I could do that next. For the most part I did my defense based on health and what I figured the average person around my level would have for artillery. If they could take it out in 2 art I upgraded until they couldn't.

Stopped my defense upgrading to finally get 6 16 lc and almost done with that.

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

Zila posted:

I believe it's the level with the next visual upgrade so it makes you look harder.

The game is oriented to attacking, upgrade your armory, landing crafts, and gun boat. Then just hit targets with big resources when it's time to upgrade something else. Sit on no resources and when you get raided the one or two times a day you don't lose anything. You get way more loot from raids then by the passively collecting and defending.

I'm 34 and regularly take out 39-40s.. That base above would be pretty easy, just art/bar the boom cannons and go up the right with tanks/medics. Or be lazy and smoke rush warriors right into the hq and shock left and right for a 20 sec win.

There's a reason a level 48 got to first place, all he did was max lc and max rank warrior rush.

This is exactly right on all counts. Despite that very glaring weakness, I only have someone actually tankrush successfully every couple of days. I cannot even remember the last time someone even attempted warrior rushing on my base, let alone a successful one. I don't get it, cause I'm basically too lazy to redo the base (want dat ingame base editor, dammit).

People are just Real Bad at Raiding.

Seconding/thirding/fourthing/whatever the whole "max your LC and armory and raid" concept, because the more I focus on that, the easier things get.

What do you guys prioritize for armory upgrades? I always get Arty/Barrage first, then Riflemen, then whatever I can afford/any 'special' upgrades like Flares or Shock Bombs.

I can see how painfully underleveled my armory is at this point, cause every couple of new upgrades, combined with my new LC slots, makes raiding just seem easier and easier. I even cracked my first Shock Cannon base today :3:

Also, Zila, what's the deal with high-level players leaving their HQ exposed? Why are they doing that? I know it only applies to top-25 level play or whatever, just curious.

Tempora Mutantur fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Oct 14, 2014

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF
always warriors first, because theyre my most used troop, and after that whatever i can afford

Zila
Jun 21, 2013

S.T.C.A. posted:

What do you guys prioritize for armory upgrades? I always get Arty/Barrage first, then Riflemen, then whatever I can afford/any 'special' upgrades like Flares or Shock Bombs.

I can see how painfully underleveled my armory is at this point, cause every couple of new upgrades, combined with my new LC slots, makes raiding just seem easier and easier. I even cracked my first Shock Cannon base today :3:

Also, Zila, what's the deal with high-level players leaving their HQ exposed? Why are they doing that? I know it only applies to top-25 level play or whatever, just curious.

I like to go for Arty/Barrage/Warrior + your main attack type or a shock spell if its up; even if you don't warrior rush normally having a high level warriors + boosted TD/TH means you can finish dr terror for all those dark crystals. I usually go with tank/medic or warriors since both are crazy good and I haven't bothered to upgrade my riflemen/heavy/zooka past level 8 yet.

Always upgrade your HQ as soon as you can, there is no downside to upgrading and you get access to new levels and troops/armory.

I'm not sure about the exposed HQ on top players, I just browsed through a bunch and none where exposed. It might have been just a show off thing if they were online.

I know exposed HQ is a strategy for keeping your vp medals down so you can raid easier targets though.

Oh and speaking of managing your VP levels, don't clear npc bases if you are finding people are to hard for you. The only ones worth doing are the volcano ones for a chance at magma crystals. Otherwise let them respawn to drop some medal count until you can upgrade more boats.

54.4 crowns
Apr 7, 2011

To think before you speak is like wiping your arse before you shit.
I am a drunken moron!

Anyone got experience in getting their money back?

I need my crowns back!

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

THanks for all the advice on base building and your point is well taken on concentrating on offensive upgrades. I'm mostly looking to deter people from even wanting to attack because the frequency of attacks is slowly going up. My tablet was on the fritz and I finally got around to repairing it yesterday so I'm finally putting this all into action. Much appreciated!!

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I can make all your dreams come true.
Critique my HQ14 base. Want good defense, so working on upgrading them. Probably a week til HQ15. All LC hold 16.

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

I'd say I jinxed myself but I know that I put a big ol' target on my base when I farmed up 1.5+ million wood and stone for my 8th statue slot; I've been raided more and harder than ever before.

I think I'm going to switch to an aggressive defense layout, with stuff right on the beach edge so that people cannot flank without eating fire from overlapping fields of fire.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

I have to say that seeing people with that sort of placement generally deters me. Being able to maneuver around makes attacking so much better.

I have 3 unbuilt buildings right now: submarine, flamer, and iron storage. Which one should I prioritize?

Dimix
Aug 1, 2004

S.T.C.A. posted:

I'd say I jinxed myself but I know that I put a big ol' target on my base when I farmed up 1.5+ million wood and stone for my 8th statue slot; I've been raided more and harder than ever before.

I think I'm going to switch to an aggressive defense layout, with stuff right on the beach edge so that people cannot flank without eating fire from overlapping fields of fire.

Make sure there's no opening to smoke bomb through. Was able to get tanks through one of those types of bases because mines were poorly placed and only had to take out 2 cannons. I managed to get behind everything to the treasure trove of energy which I then used to clear out anything that could hit my tanks while they shot the hq.

Once your done throw up a screenshot

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

:goatdrugs: Super Cool Friday Night Boom Beach Postin', awwww yeah. :suicide:

I figure my at-risk loot will be a solid test for that beachhead over night, heh. I need to sleep or I'd totally nerd-out harder.

I'm prioritizing Ice for daily rewards in the hopes of a BH MP; 64 powders on standby as a result of that hunt (alongside grinding every green MP and some flop dark MPs).

Raid-wise I'm doing fine overall, though with Dr. Terror, I'm still only on Volcano Stage 13, which is the farthest I've ever gotten.

I know I should be able to beat this base, especially if I allow high casualties. Gonna see if I can set aside some time tomorrow to see if I can beat all 20, or at least get more crystals.

Anyway, I remember wondering what the game would feel like at around this near-end-game point back when I started playing. Overall I think I'm pleasantly surprised, but too tired to :words: on why at this point.

What are people's opinions of the last quarter of the game in terms of going from HQ15-HQ20?

How about for anyone who raided to 300 VP for the diamonds? Past 300 VP?

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
I barely play, but I am stuck. I have the levels to unlock the HQ level for medic, but no where near enough resources or gems to do it.

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

gromdul posted:

I barely play, but I am stuck. I have the levels to unlock the HQ level for medic, but no where near enough resources or gems to do it.

Did you get 16 slotted for your LCs yet? Once I finally did that, raiding became vastly easier.

Boom Beach :words: Part Whatever: More :words:

Here's my current base layout. Curious to see how it holds up, cause that last layout was wrecked within an hour.

HQ16, Player Level 40
LC are 18/16/16/16/16/16/13
Statue slots are:
1 - Troop Health MP: 23%
2 - Troop Damage MP: 31%
3 - TD Guardian: 12%
4 - TD Guardian: 10%
5 - Resource Reward MP: 40%
6 - Gunboat Energy MP: 32%
7 - GBE Guardian: 17%
8 - Trying to get a Building Health MP here, using a 20% Crystal Chance Guardian because it's the best I rolled since I unlocked this slot and I was too stupid to think about keeping a 16% GBE guardian that I should've not reclaimed

dat powder

I grind all green masterpieces into powder. All of them. I don't run any Ice statues yet, because honestly raiding more resources than I lose has meant that until recently (especially with that new layout and extra statue slot I got from HQ16) there was less value in the passive nature of Ice vs the active nature of my Magma and Dark statues. Sadly, some of that powder comes from ground-up Building Health MPs that I wish I had now; obviously, I could've saved the crystals and still be flush with powder, so hey, lesson learned there.

Aside from wasting Ice Crystals, I feel like my choice of statues combined with incredibly lucky MP rolls made up for how behind my armory and LC upgrades were. Now that I'm caught up on LC slots and refocusing attention on my armory, I feel like I wreck face with both in hand.

For instance, today I boosted my RR MP to 80% and my GBE MP to 64%, and the result was 949k gold and something like 500k wood and stone on a single raid. That was also an exceptional event for me, and literally the highest-value target I had ever seen. I think I ended up farming up 2 million gold in something like 20 or 30 minutes, there were so many high-value targets available (which is also why I chose to boost, since lower-value targets just aren't worth the powder and I guess I lucked out logging on during a time when lots of people were farming).

Now when I raid, I generally follow this pattern after I scout out available bases:

1) Loading all landing craft with tanks (and once I hit HQ15 one boat of 2-3 medics, slot permitting) which I hopefully already had built and waiting from my last raiding session.

2) Raiding all tankable bases (i.e. ones where I can find a quick and cheap path to a safe place to attack the HQ free of anti-tank defenses). I aim for clearing all tankable NPC bases with 0-1 tank losses and at least 2 PC bases with 0-1 tank losses. I'm talking just attacking back to back, not waiting for reinforcements (though I will start them since I'll often just stop after a few bases anyway, so at least if I come back I'll have a full loadout).

3) Continuing to raid tankable bases until some of my tank LC are empty, and refilling those LC with Riflemen. Still attacking back to back.

4) Once half my tanks have been replaced with Riflemen (or there are no more bases left that tanks can safely attack) I switch all LC to Riflemen (no medics). Might wait for reinforcements, depends on what I see.

5) Once I suffer a total wipe of my riflemen, I start to wait for reinforcements between raids and/or decide if I'll switch to Warriors, again based on what I see.

Whenever I'm done, I reinforce my LC with whatever the best lineup I can afford is based on my preference of Tanks > Rifles > Warriors. I try to save one easy cash-reward base for my last raid so I can always afford tanks, but that's not always possible, obviously.

Riflemen in conjunction with careful smoke/flare/shock bomb usage is probably my most reliable base-smasher, even more than Tanks and Warriors for me. I've been trying Warriors more often lately since people have mentioned them, and I still slightly prefer Riflemen. Tanks are just a necessary unit for some bases, so between the three loadouts I feel like I can still raid everything I see; tanks just take so drat long to reinforce.

I still see people roll me (at least on my old bases) with Heavies and Zookas, but I haven't taken the time to play with them again at a higher level. Once I have my Zookas caught up in my Armory I think I'll try them with my new heavies, but I think I may wait till I have all my LC at 18 slots for that, or at least 3 of them for maximum Zooka; then again, I remember seeing a guy use flares + smoke to reposition his zookas REALLY drat well, so I may try that too because blowing up buildings instantly with a full Zooka salvo looks pretty cool, even on my own buildings, heh.

Tempora Mutantur fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Oct 19, 2014

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Co-op play is coming my boys:

http://forum.supercell.net/showthread.php/424461-Sneak-Peeks!!!?p=3049437&viewfull=1#post3049437

Now we can boom sperg together!

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

quote:

Sneak Peek #1 - TASK FORCES
Soon you'll be able to join forces with other players and fight the Blackguard together!!

Forum exclusive info:
✔ Task Forces will come in four different max player sizes: 5, 10, 25 and 50.
✔ You start at 5 and can choose to increase to 10, 25 or 50.
✔ Once you increase your Task Force's max player size, you can NEVER decrease it again (this is because there are separate leaderboards for each size bracket).
✔ Bigger Task Forces can take on more difficult operations and potentially get greater rewards, but the challenge of successfully coordinating at a larger scale should be considered!

Keep an eye out for videos about this from the YouTubers who visited Supercell HQ recently!

I hope this means PVP will also be multiple player attacks on enemy bases, cause gently caress yes

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

I nominate STCA for commander of 1st Goon Task Force (Poopborne).

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I can make all your dreams come true.

What's your attack strat with Rifles? I get torn apart when I try to swarm them.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

WerrWaaa posted:

What's your attack strat with Rifles? I get torn apart when I try to swarm them.

Splash defenses are the biggest issue with riflemen. Its a fair amount of DPS when you have a bunch but they can't just faceroll through a base. With all riflemen I look for places to flare them to where I can build extra gunboat energy with little risk. If I can use arty (I dont have barrage yet) to take out some splash damage I will, otherwise I just try to shock bomb and then kill what I just shock bombed. It really though depends a lot on how their base is set up.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

May start playing again if this provides bases actually leveled to your player instead of 20 above.

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

vulturesrow posted:

Splash defenses are the biggest issue with riflemen. Its a fair amount of DPS when you have a bunch but they can't just faceroll through a base. With all riflemen I look for places to flare them to where I can build extra gunboat energy with little risk. If I can use arty (I dont have barrage yet) to take out some splash damage I will, otherwise I just try to shock bomb and then kill what I just shock bombed. It really though depends a lot on how their base is set up.

This. No matter what, I arty/barrage splash defenses first. Rockets are the big one that take priority no matter what, past that it depends on positioning.

More specifically, you know how you rush with Warriors directly at an HQ under the cover of smoke? Since Rifles can hang back a little ways, I smoke to certain points and then have my Rifles clear out a safe path to the HQ. Rushing the HQ directly with Rifles usually gets them wrecked because they're much squishier than Warriors.

Eventually, I'll install an Android VM so I can record and cast. Some things are just too hard to explain in text versus narrating a video of raids or whatever.

If someone wants to point me to links for it so I can do what NickAtNyte/other cellphone game casters do, great, cause I've been thinking about it for a while but Am Lazy.

vulturesrow posted:

Dawww :3: Oh man, I was leaning towards something about Natives in Holes, but 1st Poopborne Task Force is gold.

Tempora Mutantur fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Oct 19, 2014

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

Putty posted:

May start playing again if this provides bases actually leveled to your player instead of 20 above.

Post some bases that you can't break in Scout mode so we can see what troops you're using and give some advice.

When was the last time you played? I haven't seen lopsided matches like that in a veeeerrry long time, but maybe there's a huge spread in the early game that I forgot about.

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets

vulturesrow posted:

This. I'll definitely sign on to fight alongside the rest of you pooper troopers.

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

Task force videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9nSZjAgEDE

I can't find any with combat footage yet, that one just shows the creation UI.

Tempora Mutantur fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Oct 19, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

Very nice, the game has gotten pretty stale recently so this will be good to shake it up. I've been rarely playing, but you can still progress with occasional bursts. Yesterday I even built up enough to do my HQ (15->16) off a perfect sub haul (all 3 building components), a day's worth of my collectors being ready, and an easy Dr. Terror. I built up the 1.3m wood and 1m stone without needing to raid a single PC base.

• Locked thread