Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Balloon flight over my home region for the GF birthday. She likes to take pictures, hopefully she can get a few nice souvenirs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
That's a great gift idea. Have fun!

I bought my hat straight from the MLB.com store, and it was on sale for 16.95 yesterday.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

sassassin posted:

That's the ugliest watch I've ever seen.

Different strokes. I'm a fan of neon green, but I would've totally jumped on a blue variant if it were available. I like a little touch of color to go with my drab suit at work.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Irritated Goat posted:

Recommendations on where to get nice hats? I'm pretty picky about designs.

edit: I'm also incredibly dumb and put my reply in the quote.

I got mine at Lids, they have a ridiculously huge variety of hats. I'd also recommend their Lids club discount card, costs $5 and saves 20% off hats and 10% off everything else. I saved more than that on this hat alone.

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Why doesn't your hat have that World Series patch on it?

Oh, I see.

Dick.

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Where did you learn to drive?
Sorry brah, but that's not a good looking watch - especially to wear with a suit. A Timex Weekender with a leather strap actually has a readable face, classy styling with plenty of color options, and a price tag that reflects a realistic value.

Back on topic, I just bought a BMT from Subway, and it was delicious.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

sassassin posted:

That's the ugliest watch I've ever seen.

By no means should you take this reply as defense against that ugkly watch, because it IS ugly, but there are worst offenders (like a bunch of the stuff from TokyoFlash.com)

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Alright, fine, I'll cancel it. I still like it, but I guess I can just go with another cheapo. It worked for the last one, might as well not fix what isn't broken.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Yeah, that's worse than the gimmicky toys from TokyoFlash because you can tell the designer thinks it's a serious watch that looks good. It's horrible.

Sapphaholic
Mar 21, 2008

Delicious.

My Kanger EVOD starter kit and an assortment of ejuice should be here tomorrow. I'm excited as poo poo to start vaping.

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Different strokes. I'm a fan of neon green, but I would've totally jumped on a blue variant if it were available. I like a little touch of color to go with my drab suit at work.

If you're in a suit, your watch is an odd place to add some color (besides, you know, metallic colors). If a colorful tie or a pocket square would be out of place in your office, a colored tie bar on a more sedate tie is a little more subtle.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I'm not nearly gutsy enough to get an outlandish tie, and a watch is the only accessory I wear. If the fashion-enlightened goons have a suggestion that's more tasteful, I'd accept it.

Oh, hey, there's actually a watch thread. I'll bug there.

ACES CURE PLANES has a new favorite as of 18:31 on Oct 21, 2014

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
How about "gently caress it, I'm an adult and I will wear what I want to wear when I put on my big boy clothes?"

It's a watch. It tells time. If you like it, wear it. No one is gonna sit and point and go HAHAHAHA LOOK AT THAT FAG WITH THE GREEN WATCH LET'S GO STEAL HIS LUNCH MONEY.

Edit - If they do, just beat them with that big loving watch.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
What I find even more disturbing than the looks of that watch with the big red alert button was the original 800$ price tag. I imagine it's worth 5$ to produce and the "95% off" is just marketing argument.

Doom Rooster
Sep 3, 2008

Pillbug
Plane tickets to Costa Rica to stay here: Pumilio Ocean Hotel and Resort

And then go here: Manuel Antonio National Park

And finally here: Paos Volcano National Park

It's gonna be a good vacation.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

How about "gently caress it, I'm an adult and I will wear what I want to wear when I put on my big boy clothes?"

It's a watch. It tells time. If you like it, wear it. No one is gonna sit and point and go HAHAHAHA LOOK AT THAT FAG WITH THE GREEN WATCH LET'S GO STEAL HIS LUNCH MONEY.

Edit - If they do, just beat them with that big loving watch.

This doesn't apply to those Tokyo Flash ones though, since they don't seem to actually tell time.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

want color at work? socks. fun sucks

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull

Doom Rooster posted:

Plane tickets to Costa Rica to stay here: Pumilio Ocean Hotel and Resort

And then go here: Manuel Antonio National Park

And finally here: Paos Volcano National Park

It's gonna be a good vacation.

costa rica is pretty amazing. liked it way better than other caribbean/central american destinations including some of the nicer resorts in mexico. if you have a chance to do something like waterfall rappelling i would recommend it.

RedneckwithGuns
Mar 28, 2007

Up Next:
Fifteen Inches of
SHEER DYNAMITE

tomstuart posted:

costa rica is pretty amazing. liked it way better than other caribbean/central american destinations including some of the nicer resorts in mexico. if you have a chance to do something like waterfall rappelling i would recommend it.

Also the location of the Costa Rica Sloth Sanctuary. So go to that if you're close.

Doom Rooster
Sep 3, 2008

Pillbug
Thanks for the suggestions. Will definitely be doing plenty of outdoor adventurey stuff. That sloth sanctuary actually looks really awesome, but is's on the opposite coast from where we're staying (Jaco), so probably won't make it out there this time.

ThaShaneTrain
Jan 2, 2009

pure mindless vandalism
:smuggo:

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

an ugly case for my 3DS XL, bought it mostly for a better grip because the 3DS is too small for my hands, and it was on clearance.

I used to sell these in retail and I know you only have it for one reason: to bite that motherfucker when your die/forget to save.

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull

Doom Rooster posted:

Thanks for the suggestions. Will definitely be doing plenty of outdoor adventurey stuff. That sloth sanctuary actually looks really awesome, but is's on the opposite coast from where we're staying (Jaco), so probably won't make it out there this time.

About a 45 minute drive south from jaco is manuel antonio national park. it has a sweet 1-2km hike to a secluded cove beach that is the prettiest beach i've ever seen in person.

strangeless
May 8, 2007

I say money, money, money, and I say hot dog! I say yes, no and I say money, money, money and I say turkey sandwich and I say jet fuel can't melt steel beams.
They don't have bugs in Costa Rica or what?

(I hate bugs all up in my bizness)

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

tomstuart posted:

About a 45 minute drive south from jaco is manuel antonio national park. it has a sweet 1-2km hike to a secluded cove beach that is the prettiest beach i've ever seen in person.

When I went to that national park we had this whole day planned of hiking, we hit that beach and were there for the rest of the day and is going to single handedly bring us back. It was amazing.

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.

SaltLick posted:

want color at work? socks. fun sucks

This man knows what's up. Socks are my silent way of having a little fun at work.

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

Irritated Goat posted:

This man knows what's up. Socks are my silent way of having a little fun at work.

Yeah, especially if you've got to be subtle, socks are a good choice. If you've got a little more leeway, shoelaces are another option.

Anyway, I got a scarf and some boots for my girlfriend.

Krypt-OOO-Nite!!
Oct 25, 2010

Aphrodite posted:

This doesn't apply to those Tokyo Flash ones though, since they don't seem to actually tell time.

gently caress all you guys Tokyo Flash were cool back in the 2000s or at least I liked them.
Also they do tell time but in a stupid and over complicated way, in which you tell the time by reading the pattern.

I still have two Tokyo Flash watches knocking about somewhere and I had no idea they still made them at least ten years later.

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Obviously you're not a golfer.
Baby photos for our newborn! She was born sunday night, and just go home yesterday afternoon. Everyday is a little victory when the poops dont smell as bad as the last.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Krypt-OOO-Nite!! posted:

Also they do tell time but in a stupid and over complicated way, in which you tell the time by reading the pattern.

The reactor one only shows increments of 5.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

squarerandom posted:

Everyday is a little victory when the poops dont smell as bad as the last.

Quick, change the title of the Parenting megathread.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Toast Museum posted:

Anyway, I got a scarf and some boots for my girlfriend.

While you're girlfriend is living it up in the mid 90's, have her pick me up a new N64 controller, PB Crisps, and some Ecto Cooler.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

With how surge flew off the shelves I imagine ecto cooler coming back in some fashion eventually

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

SaltLick posted:

With how surge flew off the shelves I imagine ecto cooler coming back in some fashion eventually

Isn't there a new Ghostbusters in the works?

obsolete absolution
Oct 9, 2007
forgiveness is meaningless

DrBouvenstein posted:

While you're girlfriend is living it up in the mid 90's, have her pick me up a new N64 controller, PB Crisps, and some Ecto Cooler.

Wait, have you looked around lately? Everybody is dressing like it's 1994, right down to the neon colors. I did a double take the other day because I couldn't believe I had just seen two guys dressed up like Backstreet Boys. I had heard that fashion was cyclical, but couldn't we just keep the good parts?

Argyle
Jun 7, 2001

obsolete absolution posted:

Wait, have you looked around lately? Everybody is dressing like it's 1994, right down to the neon colors. I did a double take the other day because I couldn't believe I had just seen two guys dressed up like Backstreet Boys. I had heard that fashion was cyclical, but couldn't we just keep the good parts?

We kind of are. I'm seeing a lot of 90's-styled stuff like patterned button-ups and block rugby shirts, except with modern, slimmer fits. I don't know why it was cool in the 90's to look like you were wearing your dad's clothes.

Heck, I've seen people wearing new, slim-fit Members Only jackets.

Valar Morghulis
Jul 20, 2014

All Men Must Die

Pre-order.

Also for PS4

Always need some booze.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

obsolete absolution posted:

Does this mean I can get some Jnco Jeans again? If so count me in (Im 33 what of it).

Cuniculous
Apr 23, 2007

kill people burn shit fuck school

And for something a little less depressing,

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Obligatory post-21 beer accessory:

Palpatine MD
Jan 31, 2012

Passionate about your involuntary euthanasia.
You might like:

http://www.amazon.com/Hitlers-Willing-Executioners-Ordinary-Holocaust/dp/0679772685

(it is depressing and also very controversial)

For the guy earlier who is into hideous cheap watches, check this site out (they sell some pretty cool and cheap designs):

http://www.miniinthebox.com/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Coffee And Pie posted:

Obligatory post-21 beer accessory:

Link, now. Please.