Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kristopher
Jun 28, 2006
D. A bit worried about alienating our heretical balls, I always feel like we're walking a tightrope thanks to those guys. Still, I like to think of Enkidel as an El kinda guy, and we haven't done anything pious since we saved that temple three years ago. Lets see what Zeb thinks we should do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012

the_steve posted:

B - But I agree that we need to swing by Tanaach for intel. Maybe spend some time there practicing techniques, in case we need to approach the fight in a certain manner. Basically, go in OVERprepared, rather than under.

Yep. Intel is good. B is a good plan.

ShotgunWillie
Aug 30, 2005

a sexy automaton -
powered by dark
oriental magic :roboluv:
D

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands
You know, if we vote for B? I suggest that we spend some time building boats on the river in Zepath and practicing how to fight on them with our Balls. I suspect we're gonna need the knowledge.

ShotgunWillie
Aug 30, 2005

a sexy automaton -
powered by dark
oriental magic :roboluv:
I'm sa

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.
B. Nothing beats a lakeside vacation.

Although G sounds pretty badass, It's close to the mountains, which we've been constantly told not to hang around, and may involve a run-in with the king of giants. Now, hear me out, I think that sounds awesome, but mostly because I hope the giants could actually turn out to be cool dudes, and that we could come to communicate with their king. Right now though I think we'd try to fight it and be squished. Killing regularl giants doesn't seem as cool as some of the alternatives.

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

Kristopher posted:

A bit worried about alienating our heretical balls, I always feel like we're walking a tightrope thanks to those guys.

I would think that our heretical Balls would be the ones that love us the most. We tolerate their beliefs and our best fried is Paeble, the heretic hero. The heretics are mostly poorer, less-blooded men. Joining our Balls has made them wealthier than they could ever hope to be.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Kristopher posted:

D. A bit worried about alienating our heretical balls, I always feel like we're walking a tightrope thanks to those guys. Still, I like to think of Enkidel as an El kinda guy, and we haven't done anything pious since we saved that temple three years ago. Lets see what Zeb thinks we should do.

The things the El temple would want us to do are mostly also things the melechim would want us to do. Paebel shouldn't object to anything short of being ordered to go burn some heretics.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
B sounds like a decent bet. The only problem I can see is that we don't have experience with water fighting as a group, which means that we will pretty much have to solo this thing.

Gotta do some Grendel's Mom fighting, is what I'm saying.

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today

Kristopher posted:

Basically what Angela Christine said. Even if they (who almost worship us) find it in themselves to object on principle to doing tasks for the church (which so far have all been unambiguously good things from both perspectives), we can make a fairly compelling argument for the practical benefits such as helping them be famous enough not to get exiled for breaking their oaths to Tudiya.

Aades
Nov 28, 2005

Guns Up!

B

Globofglob
Jan 14, 2008
A

sotary
Sep 11, 2001
D

OrangeOrbit
Apr 27, 2008
Fun Shoe
D

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

1: Start New Game
2: Start New Game
3: Start New Game

:aaa:

the_steve posted:

B - But I agree that we need to swing by Tanaach for intel. Maybe spend some time there practicing techniques, in case we need to approach the fight in a certain manner. Basically, go in OVERprepared, rather than under.

Count this as my vote as well

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
D I would vote B but I think we are poorly equipped and skilled to fight something that lives in a lake.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
D We have a shitload of treasure already. You can't get the best stuff with silver anyway.

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010
I Lucky Knife.

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

Posters off the pork bow!

the_steve posted:

Votin' for this.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

There Bias Two posted:

I don't think it's possible to be overprepared for a giant treasure-hoarding serpent.

Precisely.

Ball Trance probably won't help us out much here (at least not as much as we're used to), since this thing likely hits harder than any of our Balls could block or parry anyways. We're going to need to drill in mobility, and dodge/hit and run tactics.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands

the_steve posted:

Precisely.

Ball Trance probably won't help us out much here (at least not as much as we're used to), since this thing likely hits harder than any of our Balls could block or parry anyways. We're going to need to drill in mobility, and dodge/hit and run tactics.

Mobility? We're gonna need to learn to swim or to build ourselves a longboat is what we'll need. I don't imagine the water serpent will see fit to oblige us by fighting on our turf, especially once we've started hurting him.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Absolutely D. The House of El was incredibly good to us when we visited Baitel, and every mission we've done for El has given us not just fortune and glory, but also more information about the state of the world. If Team Heresy complain, well they can go out to their lovely little altar and complain to Smattas.

I say this as a proud member of Team We Should Have Joined the Church Back in Baitel.

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe
Voting L: Go with the second most popular action as the "official" reason for our trip. In total secrecy, recruit two common balls and one slightly-blooded ball to experiment on. During our adventure, spend the evenings practicing reading our chosen Balls' minds, much like what we did with Snarls but exercising far more caution. We're familiar with our men, have guided them during the trance, and have likely given a part of ourself to them, too. Try and find out what separates the blooded from the common, if possible. See if we can recognize the difference on some metaphysical level.

Maybe we can make everyone Mighty?

Nolaterif
Jan 10, 2003

B

Schwza
Apr 28, 2008
D

UppaTree
May 4, 2013

We'll see what Tanaach has to say of the thing, but I don't think being in water will be a huge problem. It's an underground lake, which means it has a shore, yeah?

We lure it out with..I dunno, a minotaur we nailed along the way? Then stand back and thunk the fucker with our badass bow. If it dives, we wait and watch the water turn red. If it spits acidic doom venom, shields up and continue plugging it. If it lashes out, we can stab it.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
Great, team shitlord in full force here.

B

ALogo
May 9, 2014
Doing El's work.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

A Terrible Person posted:

Voting L: Go with the second most popular action as the "official" reason for our trip. In total secrecy, recruit two common balls and one slightly-blooded ball to experiment on. During our adventure, spend the evenings practicing reading our chosen Balls' minds, much like what we did with Snarls but exercising far more caution. We're familiar with our men, have guided them during the trance, and have likely given a part of ourself to them, too. Try and find out what separates the blooded from the common, if possible. See if we can recognize the difference on some metaphysical level.

:stare:

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

A Terrible Person posted:

Voting to rename this plan "Plan Vorlor"

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
D

E: Changing from B to D

It's been a while and we turned down the offer at headquarters, but we really should stay involved in El house politics. also, as a member of Team El we should continue to fight the good fight .

Arkanomen fucked around with this message at 12:57 on Oct 22, 2014

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme
Voting B, because it's the only choice that can beat D. gently caress El and his big dumb oaf worshiping society.

Slightly Lions
Apr 13, 2009

Look what I can do!
Voting B + Training making/fighting in boats.

ArbitraryTA
May 3, 2011
D

BHB
Aug 28, 2011

Obscil posted:

B. Let's loving kill Nessie.

John_A_Tallon
Nov 22, 2000

Oh my! Check out that mitre!
D seems like a good time for everyone. If we aren't sated by that, then we can always go out and kill more stuff.

Ouroborus
Mar 31, 2010

I really only come here for the Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens CYOA these days.
SA was one of the first websites I ever frequented, waaaaay back in the day. I only got off my ass and got an account about 8 years ago. I bought the platinum upgrade recently.
D. I am sure there's something what needs killing for holy reasons. Maybe Enkidel can get another "Ask me a question and I'll answer before you're older." options and we can finally find out... why he does not poop! Or, his father, or if El is real, or how to weave enchantment into weapons and armour. But it will be the poop thing.

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.
G. We have some prior experience fighting giants and we know their weak spot (they tend to have good vision in only one eye). Also, it's a giant. It may run away from us but because of it's size we will always know where it is. If Nessie books it we might be left empty-handed.

I don't know how big the king of giants is, but imagine dragging back a skull the size of Zepath's dragon skull gate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ColonelMuttonchops
Feb 18, 2011

Young Orc
B, lets go kill a salamander.

We can stop off at the temple when we get back. Also El's probably just going to tell us to kill more minitaurs or something, considering we already killed most/all of the interesting monsters near Zepath.