Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

You're thinking of his bro, who got caught sending money to Ferrari and then pissed dirty with a diuretic a few years later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Pocket posted:

You're thinking of his bro, who got caught sending money to Ferrari and then pissed dirty with a diuretic a few years later.

Nah I could have sworn earlier this year someone posted in here about him getting caught because he'd stopped doping and his passport was all over the place. Like I said, I must have imagined it.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

serious gaylord posted:

Nah I could have sworn earlier this year someone posted in here about him getting caught because he'd stopped doping and his passport was all over the place. Like I said, I must have imagined it.

There was something on twitter about it but it all seemed to come from one person.

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

:siren: Tyler Farrar won a stage in 2014! :siren:

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Petit Gregory posted:

:siren: Tyler Farrar won a stage in 2014! :siren:

Came here to post this.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
I don't know who Jelle Wallays is but he schooled Tommy Voelker to win Paris-Tours.

Classic fucktardedness in the chase.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Paddyb posted:

I don't know who Jelle Wallays is but he schooled Tommy Voelker to win Paris-Tours.

Classic fucktardedness in the chase.

I really need a gif of Wallays's celebration. The slow motion shot in particular, he looked so happy and so retarded at the same time. The chase was really bad but I was kind of impressed that Voeckler accepted that *copies and pastes name* Wallays was going to sit on his wheel and still kept working, because if those two had started doing track stands and had got caught as a result I would have flipped my poo poo. Although I guess he wasn't very happy about it because he didn't show up for the podium, which forfeited his prize money and incurred a penalty. Never retire, Thomas :france:

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Tommy V looked fried 2km out, i think writing was on the wall long before the finishing straight. Props to him to keep pushing though.

DONT TOUCH THE PC
Jul 15, 2001

You should try it, it's a real buzz.
Haha, Voeckler sent his cat to the podium because he was a sore loser and now he has to pay a fine and he's not getting the prize money.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I hope he really sent his cat and thats not a typo. Wanna see that gurning cat.

Bolivar
Aug 20, 2011

IndustrialApe posted:

Haha, Voeckler sent his cat to the podium because he was a sore loser and now he has to pay a fine and he's not getting the prize money.

Some googling seems to indicate that the part about the cat is not exactly true. Goddamn, I so wanted to see a podium pic of two guys and Voeckler's cat :catdrugs:

DONT TOUCH THE PC
Jul 15, 2001

Well then i am mistranslating a flemish turn of phrase. :)

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

I wish I had the photoshop skills to add a cat to the podium.

Bolivar
Aug 20, 2011

Might as well award the 1999-2005 Tour de France victories to Voeckler's cat (and most of other grand tours since 1991 while were at it).

willemw
Sep 30, 2006
very much so
So the monkey came out of the sleeve: Voeckler is a sore loser. I can understand it because he had a lot of misfortune this season but still. If he keeps this up, his fanclub will be reduced to 2 guys and the head of a horse. :D (We have some weird sayings)

Still: it's a great win for Wallays and another great season for Topsport Vlaanderen. We (= Flanders) have some really good cyclists for the classics coming up. Heck even Debusschere is only 25 and came in third (as in, won the sprint of the bunch).

Also great to see Dylan Teuns working for Van Avermaet in the small breakaway after 200+ km, he's only 22 years old :o

e:

IndustrialApe posted:

1.5 men and a horse's head. :)
and a cat, presumably

willemw fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Oct 13, 2014

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Let it be known that I am furious that there wasnt a cat on the podium.

DONT TOUCH THE PC
Jul 15, 2001

willemw posted:

So the monkey came out of the sleeve: Voeckler is a sore loser. I can understand it because he had a lot of misfortune this season but still. If he keeps this up, his fanclub will be reduced to 2 guys and the head of a horse. :D (We have some weird sayings)

1.5 men and a horse's head. :)

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
I'm trying to read up on ADR the cycling team. Damned if I can find a wiki page on it. In English anyways; there's this in French: http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%89quipe_cycliste_AD_Renting

Anyone have something?

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Another Astana positive rofl

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/uci-to-review-astana-worldtour-licence

Xir
Jul 31, 2007

I smell fan fiction...
At some point someone is going to advance the idea that Nibali's TdF win is suspect even if he isn't personally doping. He might have benefited indirectly from the EPO doping of his domestiques. Whether or not that's reasonable would come down to if he knew it was going on, I'd suppose.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Everyone shat on me throughout the tour when I was calling the Astana performance bullshit.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

I'm sorry serious gaylord :(

(I don't remember if I did but just in case I did)

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

M. Iglinsky was the only one who was on the TdF team who got popped.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

3 positives on one team is really bad. The brothers could be passed off as them working together against the team knowledge. This new guy blows that excuse away and indicates a flawed culture in the team.

Xir
Jul 31, 2007

I smell fan fiction...

Russian Bear posted:

M. Iglinsky was the only one who was on the TdF team who got popped.

So far.

willemw
Sep 30, 2006
very much so
Bad news for Rolland, Voeckler and cat-lovers: Europcar stops their sponsorship at the end of 2015.

DEAD MAN'S SHOE
Nov 23, 2003

We will become evil and the stars will come alive
let the records show that, I, whofuckingcares, stated: water wet, sun hot, astana dopers

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

serious gaylord posted:

Everyone shat on me throughout the tour when I was calling the Astana performance bullshit.

I looked back, a lot of people were actually giving you a lot of poo poo.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Cycling thread used to be rife with people who put their head in the sand re: doping but they've dialed it back as the positives have continued to roll in.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

African AIDS cum posted:

Cycling thread used to be rife with people who put their head in the sand re: doping but they've dialed it back as the positives have continued to roll in.

And on this very page are people still acting like the entire team isn't up to their eyeballs in it.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Entire sport's up to their eyeballs in it.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

I used to care about doping, now I'm just there for the show and to cheer when Sky fall to poo poo.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Pocket posted:

I used to care about doping, now I'm just there for the show and to cheer when Sky fall to poo poo.

Same

Lenin Riefenstahl
Sep 18, 2003

That's enough! Out of here, you tubs of beer!
My faith in the integrity of Kazakh sport is shaken

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
The only way Tinkoff is getting his grand tour challenge now is if he signs Nibali himself.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Astana won't lose their licence is my bold prediction.

Russian Bear fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Oct 21, 2014

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Pocket posted:

I used to care about doping, now I'm just there for the show and to cheer when Sky fall to poo poo. also get caught doping.

New TdF route is out today. Looks pretty cool, and Froome has already hinted he's going to wuss out and focus on the Giro.

Only a real short individual tt as well, so it's not like Wiggins is suddenly going to come back for it either.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Its like they've tried to give the french riders as big an advantage as they can. They'll still get curb stomped by Contador though.

tylertfb
Mar 3, 2004

Time.Space.Transmat.
Amsterdam Six Day is going on this week. Terpstra racing it again. There was a nasty nasty derny crash on day 2 that put one of the derny drivers into the hospital. Live streaming at: http://www.sixdayracing.com/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

serious gaylord posted:

Its like they've tried to give the french riders as big an advantage as they can. They'll still get curb stomped by Contador though.

It's a Contador course all the way.