Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Devol_Tettran
Sep 3, 2011

Clever Betty
If I keep repeating his name, we will quickly develop a bond and therefore he will not fire me.

Great plan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Yes Lord Sugar, no Lord sugar I'm trying my hardest Lord Sugar and I think, Lord Sugar, that you should keep me in, Lord Sugar.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

Paperhouse posted:

I meant if the winning team had lost by £14 Sugar would have hounded them for having loads left over because they were too expensive. I just don't see how he can say that them having stock left over is a plus for them, according to the rules of the task all that stock is waste

Its a plus when theyve beaten the other team - why doesnt that make sense to you?

Dr Scoofles
Dec 6, 2004

Shuttit James!

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

EAT THE CHEESE, NICHOLSON!
I hate Jimmy Hill, he's a prick

Lord Sugar

RedLobster
Nov 19, 2010

Original Character
!DO NOT STEAL!
Called it.

Meth Aesthetic
Sep 2, 2011

I'm doin alright
Lipstick Apathy
She really was a waste of space

More Jimmy hilarity next week

Doug Sisk
Sep 11, 2001
I may have missed the live posting, but some good firing choices there Sugar!

Devol_Tettran
Sep 3, 2011

Clever Betty
Online videos.

Pantsman 2014!

Meth Aesthetic
Sep 2, 2011

I'm doin alright
Lipstick Apathy
Oh good, the classic video task

RedLobster
Nov 19, 2010

Original Character
!DO NOT STEAL!
Oh man I am so looking forward to next week.
Basically youtube channels.

gorki
Aug 9, 2014
how are they even going to do a You're Fired for these two :geno:

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Holy poo poo. Sugar's wearable tech idea was a big enough embarassment, but Youtube channels is going overboard.

For the love of christ keep some dignity and stick to scavenger hunts and market stalls.

gorki
Aug 9, 2014
yeah they're just showing James clips and talking about James on YF instead

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
Youtube. Can't wait.

The dead weight is slowly disappearing... Thought Lindsay would walk before letting Sugar fire her though.

Sarah is hilarious and awful and I hope she's on the winning team forever. I hope the same of Roisin because I think she's lovely.

Solomon was charming all the old ladies aww :3:

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
Next week's episode is going to be a cringe-fest, Nick is going to be have a field day for revolted facial expressions.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Nick's face is going to collapse under the weight of repeated extreme scowling next week.

Mighty Steed
Apr 16, 2005
Nice horsey
Did YF clear up if Lindsay cracked because of the filming schedule, or because of the stress of being constantly surrounded by sociopaths?

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

Mighty Steed posted:

Did YF clear up if Lindsay cracked because of the filming schedule, or because of the stress of being constantly surrounded by sociopaths?

Well she said she enjoyed every minute of it but she just didn't feel like she had the same confidence and drive as the other candidates. No idea if that just what she is willing to say publicly.

gorki
Aug 9, 2014

Mighty Steed posted:

yeah she said she felt overwhelmed by the others

tdrules
Jan 12, 2014
I don't know much about the YouTube community apart from hearing about the rapey ones through social media so I imagine they all look like this right?

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Lindsey leaving was sad but warranted as she was checked out.
Nuirin was out of her depth from the jump, Lindsey at least admitted to her fault.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

I can't help but feel that if the losers had made an extra £20 the editing would have been very different and there'd be much less talk about 'large margins' being the be-all and end-all. They basically did what wins 9/10 selling tasks: Make any old poo poo and sell the gently caress out of it. 'Cos unlike in the real world (a) stock left over means diddily poo poo and (b) who gives a gently caress about repeat business? I agree with people saying if they'd have won, Siralun would have laid into the other team for having stock leftover and not doing anything they could to get rid of it at bargain basement prices.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

Junkenstein posted:

I can't help but feel that if the losers had made an extra £20 the editing would have been very different and there'd be much less talk about 'large margins' being the be-all and end-all. They basically did what wins 9/10 selling tasks: Make any old poo poo and sell the gently caress out of it. 'Cos unlike in the real world (a) stock left over means diddily poo poo and (b) who gives a gently caress about repeat business? I agree with people saying if they'd have won, Siralun would have laid into the other team for having stock leftover and not doing anything they could to get rid of it at bargain basement prices.

Yes but thats part of the point and Im not sure why you and Paperhouse dont understand that.

Austen Tassletine
Nov 5, 2010
I wish they had more of Nick and the Baroness stomping on the candidates. The best part of this episode was Karen dressing them down for their DFS-style "discounting". I also find their interventions in the boardroom are usually far more cutting and devastating than Sugar's ranting about whatever manufactured point he is trying to make. A spin-off with those two (and Margaret of course) doing a sort of Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares for dodgy businesses could be brilliant.

Lindsey reminded me a bit of a woman from a few seasons ago. I think she was a physicist or something, and she got fired because she really wasn't up to the hard aggressive selling when it involved forcing horrendously sugary sweets on the poor folks who were just trying to take their young kids to a zoo. I seem to recall she wilted when the harassed parents pointed out they had been approached multiple times and their day was being ruined. She was also uncomfortable selling the sweets at ludicrous mark ups as she knew how cheap they were.

Also, is Jimmy Hill the new Sophocles? An unpolished chancer who is unable to behave like a civilised person in the boardroom but will get worryingly far in the process because he reminds Sugar of himself?

Maud Moonshine
Nov 6, 2010

eating only apples posted:

Youtube. Can't wait.

The dead weight is slowly disappearing... Thought Lindsay would walk before letting Sugar fire her though.

It occurred to me as I watched it to wonder if maybe she did, but the editors/producers/whoever cut it and had Lord Sugar 'fire' her anyway because that way it counts as another dramatic double firing. No evidence for that at all, just a stray thought.

I also enjoyed how she admitted she'd been losing energy/enthusiasm from week two onwards and then said 'I loved every minute of it'. Those things do not sound like they go together.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer
I can't believe no one mentioned the guest appearance by Uncle Monty WTF

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
/\ I think I might have gasped when he stood, that guy is freakin' HUGE.

Junkenstein posted:

As with many of these "skill" based reality shows, culling the herd is arbitrary until they get down to the final 2 or 3 challengers who are actually competent enough to win and in this case, become a business partner.
You could easily name at least 5 or 6 people who could be eliminated right now because they have no chance, but the season has to fill all the scheduled episodes so they'll be picked off one by one and it really doesn't matter in which order they are fired.

Maud Moonshine posted:

It occurred to me as I watched it to wonder if maybe she did, but the editors/producers/whoever cut it and had Lord Sugar 'fire' her anyway because that way it counts as another dramatic double firing. No evidence for that at all, just a stray thought.

I also enjoyed how she admitted she'd been losing energy/enthusiasm from week two onwards and then said 'I loved every minute of it'. Those things do not sound like they go together.
Yes I thought so too; she essentially resigned. But the contract with the show might state that if you quit you forfeit any payment so they have to wait for the official "You're fired" finger-point.

Binary Logic fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Oct 25, 2014

pippy
May 29, 2013

CRIMES
I don't like it when there's more than like 6 contestants. I can never remember who's on which team or any of their names.

Except you Felipe. :3:

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

pippy posted:

I don't like it when there's more than like 6 contestants. I can never remember who's on which team or any of their names.

Except you Felipe. :3:

Yeah it basically comes a case of four subteams that you might remember a few people of, but you wont have any idea which subteam was with which team until the boardroom.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Felipe, pig-nose, glasses, uber-bitch, crying girl who went out. Various dudes. I can legitimately only remember one name.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

It's struggling a bit with the extra people, there have been a few who haven't even been name-checked in the episode.

Here was a nice 'whatshisorhername does nothing in the background whilst the main personalities clash' shot that got a little closer to the absurd than usual.

hermand
Oct 3, 2004

V-Dubbin

Khablam posted:

It's struggling a bit with the extra people, there have been a few who haven't even been name-checked in the episode.

Here was a nice 'whatshisorhername does nothing in the background whilst the main personalities clash' shot that got a little closer to the absurd than usual.

Jemma has to stay though, because she looks very much like my wife and I'm taking a huge amount of enjoyment from continually reminding her of that.

hermand fucked around with this message at 12:23 on Oct 26, 2014

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

:siren: 1 minute warning :siren:

Royality
Jun 27, 2006
I hate all of them.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I don't think I'll be able to stomach Lugar and these cunts pretending to understand Youtube for a whole hour...

Royality
Jun 27, 2006
That woman looks so disappointed that she has to project manage in a task that is literally her business idea.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

"the best are viewed and shared by millions"

And so are the worst.

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

Ella Jade is terrible and I hope her team fails

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tdrules
Jan 12, 2014