Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

tearshed posted:

Naw. If terminator mafia taught me anything is that it's I prefer to fly solo as scum. I don't get discouraged by lack of teammates.

In this post - tearshed says he never gives up as scum anymore b but doesn't say he's not scum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Isn't it implied?

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

Rascyc posted:

Isn't it implied?

It just read odd to me in between coughing fits. Of course everyone implies they're town but eh. I'm still voting bowmore.

Fluwatch: My flu has progressed into a chest infection it's pretty radical.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
feel better~

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
I do! A chest infection is way preferable to flu.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Having only recently gotten over one myself (took two loving months) I don't envy you.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Prediction: there is at least one scum voting Mags out the gate with his mistake read.

Also, Mags is 3p.

I would vote Mags or Tithin today, not tied to either yet.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
Wait what. For some reason I thought this was a 9 person game, not 11. Interesting.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

It is a small game so maybe a 3p is unreasonable, but I don't know how anyone voting for Mags currently thinks he, as scum, forgot who the kill was out the gate. That makes no sense.

"Didn't care because he is 3p" is more reasonable, as is "being an idiot town." But "idiot scum" is kinda unlikely, yes?

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Not really, I don't put it beyond mags to just village idiot his way as scum in that "why would scum do that?" kind of way. Admittedly in recent games he's been doing it as town and he's been drawn up for it at least once (fake claiming a role in an open setup that wasn't even possible)

His middle vote on Somber is about the only thing going for him, but I just assume that meant he actually showed up for around deadline to make his vote matter.

I think I'd rather take tithin or tearshed down town at this point though.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Why tearshed?

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

FWIW, I roleblocked Rascyc last night as I thought he might be scum, but kills went through regardless, so I don't think he's scum.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Why

Would you claim that.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
Why would I be 3p?

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
What points to that over scum?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I did say, in my post, why I did not think you were scum, Magnus.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Quidnose posted:

Prediction: there is at least one scum voting Mags out the gate with his mistake read.

Also, Mags is 3p.

I would vote Mags or Tithin today, not tied to either yet.

Because there's at least one scum on my lynch?

Who's that one scum? Tithin?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Magnus...

Quidnose posted:

It is a small game so maybe a 3p is unreasonable, but I don't know how anyone voting for Mags currently thinks he, as scum, forgot who the kill was out the gate. That makes no sense.

"Didn't care because he is 3p" is more reasonable, as is "being an idiot town." But "idiot scum" is kinda unlikely, yes?

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I've not voted for anyone today :ssh:

Quidnose posted:

Why

Would you claim that.

Because I'm a roleblocker and I'm bored of the game, and I don't care if I get ganked or lynched at this stage.

If I get lynched, hoorah, the game moves forward and you're down a townie - but I am legitimately not enjoying this game at all. If I get ganked, same deal, only you're down a roleblocker.

Tell me who you want roleblocked at night and I'll do it.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

So you're taking your ball and going home, basically?

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Quidnose posted:

Why

Would you claim that.

This reads fake

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

No, I'm talking about getting replaced.

I've given you the information on what I've done, and the possible consequences thereof - that is, that I believe Rac to be town, based on the fact that I roleblocked him last night, and a kill went through anyway.

QED

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Rarity is voting because she saw scum MMM pretend and case a NKed townie as a gambit Quid, which is missing from your options.

why are you so upset about the game tithin?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

tithin posted:

No, I'm talking about getting replaced.

I've given you the information on what I've done, and the possible consequences thereof - that is, that I believe Rac to be town, based on the fact that I roleblocked him last night, and a kill went through anyway.

QED

Why would a mod bother to replace you when you just outed your role information, therefore making you a target for the night kill, assuming you are telling the truth (which scum will know)?

You're playing against the spirit of the game because you're annoyed people are putting pressure on you. Do what you want, but that is kinda lovely for the rest of us who are wanting to play.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

busb posted:

Rarity is voting because she saw scum MMM pretend and case a NKed townie as a gambit Quid, which is missing from your options.

Yeah, that's true. I guess he could be doing that. He's playing dumb enough around me today now that maybe that is the case. I was giving him the benefit of the doubt, maybe I shouldn't!

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Quidnose posted:

Why would a mod bother to replace you when you just outed your role information, therefore making you a target for the night kill, assuming you are telling the truth (which scum will know)?

You're playing against the spirit of the game because you're annoyed people are putting pressure on you. Do what you want, but that is kinda lovely for the rest of us who are wanting to play.

He could be lying or gambiting who knows

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

busb posted:

I've re-written an answer to this about three times.

I dunno, real life poo poo bleeding into the game I guess.

I'll hold off on asking for the replacement, knowing my luck I won't last the night anyway.

I shared the information on Rac because I had information that I figured could be used to clear him - that way there's one ~confirmed~ town.

Assuming of course that he isn't a second scum and a third scum is the one that made the kill, but that's one of those things that we'll have to wait and see on.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

tithin posted:

FWIW, I roleblocked Rascyc last night as I thought he might be scum, but kills went through regardless, so I don't think he's scum.
nah this is false

##vote tithin

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
3 scum in an 11 player game is not likely. 2.5 is likely. That is, 2 scum + 3p or 2 scum + traitor + no 3p. Something like that.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

tithin posted:

I shared the information on Rac because I had information that I figured could be used to clear him - that way there's one ~confirmed~ town.
It's true if tithin is scum OR town he's basically cleared town doing this assuming no other night schnanigans. But I'm not sure I believe the RB claim though in a game this small. Odds are very high most people are VT so I could see this being a hail mary trip to lylo as scum.

I don't know, the overall cry-fest is completely contradictory to the whole "NOBODY IS POSTING" from d1. The only meaningful difference between then and now is Somber, a scum, is dead. Somber kind of mailed it in too for that matter so maybe the scum just imploded on d1 or something, who knows.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Rascyc posted:

3 scum in an 11 player game is not likely. 2.5 is likely. That is, 2 scum + 3p or 2 scum + traitor + no 3p. Something like that.

I'll take your word for it - you're more experienced than I am with Mafia.

I don't see how it's contradictory at all though? D1 I'm asking people to post and contribute because people went an entire day without saying poo poo on a 3 day timer.

Like I said, vote me if you want.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
"Quitting the game" is contradictory in spirit to you wanting to play the game d1.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Assuming tithin is the lone scum and most people are currently voting Mags, why do you think Tithin would offer this information for no reason?

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

Rascyc posted:

It's true if tithin is scum OR town he's basically cleared town doing this assuming no other night schnanigans. But I'm not sure I believe the RB claim though in a game this small. Odds are very high most people are VT so I could see this being a hail mary trip to lylo as scum.

I don't know, the overall cry-fest is completely contradictory to the whole "NOBODY IS POSTING" from d1. The only meaningful difference between then and now is Somber, a scum, is dead. Somber kind of mailed it in too for that matter so maybe the scum just imploded on d1 or something, who knows.

The other alternative is there is actually 3 scum and a few more power roles than usual - especially as somber flipped vanilla scum.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Rascyc posted:

"Quitting the game" is contradictory in spirit to you wanting to play the game d1.

Fair point

poo poo changes over the following days is the lovely limited excuse I can offer in mitigation.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
There's two people voting Mags.

Lone scum with this many town alive basically wants to either have mad Somb bus credit (Busb probably), be very reserved (Rarity, DHD?), appear inquisitive/effective (quid), or do a claim/be so stupid to get to lylo (tithin, mags).

That's basically how I view the game at the moment.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

So six out of nine remaining people are scummy? :v:

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

busb posted:

The other alternative is there is actually 3 scum and a few more power roles than usual - especially as somber flipped vanilla scum.
I think that'd be very dicey. It's possible, I'll grant that. In that case I'd vote tithin even harder since roleblocker is typically the '3rd' scum wheel in those setups.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Quidnose posted:

So six out of nine remaining people are scummy? :v:
Oh right, I'd lump Bowmore into the quiet crowd, I missed him.

Anyway, no that's just how I'm viewing d2. I wouldn't vote busb today because he doesn't appear inherently scummy. Of all the people with good cred from d1 though, he's the lone person. If that were Byers, I'd be voting him straight into the dirt because his reputation for d1 bus is so ridiculous :V

I'd pretty much vote anyone else though but I have my preferences obviously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Why do scum always make bullshit claims? Why?

##vote tithin

• Locked thread