Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

texting my ex
Nov 15, 2008

I am no one
I cannot squat
It's in my blood
so when is this coming out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Skilleddk posted:

It's actually been out for two years already but you're a ghost and it's time to move on.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Skilleddk posted:

It's like Frog Fractions 2, you have to guess which random Steam Greenlight game is actually Barkley 2.

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

JoshVanValkenburg posted:

Please allow peeing to recover health, like DUKE NUKEM

We need to be able to slurp up blood like in WOLF3D

Chef Boyardee
Oct 25, 2007

freindly

Skilleddk posted:

I guess when we're done with it! Sorry it's taking so long, but it's taking long because we want it to be really good.

Not to knock Wasteland or anything, I think it's cool and I've really enjoyed it so far, but it's crazy how different it is from Barkley 2. I guess for the last few years I've had it in my head that Wasteland and all these other big kickstarter games are the metric by which we're going to be judged (I have no idea why) and obviously it excels in areas where Barkley can't even come close, like polish, but our approach to quest design and their approach are just different games all together. Kind of crazy to me, actually, that we're still O.K. with like straight up no-frills fetch quests. I haven't seen the whole game and I like everything I've seen so far, but I seriously hope every other RPG cannibalizes our quests.

Do The Evolution
Aug 5, 2013

but why
I'm not sure the world is ready for a barkley game that has to live up to expectations.

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.
If you make this one good, the next one has to be even gooder. Do you want that on your conscience, Chef? Do you really?

edit: Barkely 2 should have something like this - http://2mellomakes.bandcamp.com/album/final-fantasy-the-3-6-chambers

Cicero fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Oct 21, 2014

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
Barkley 2 is a neverending chain of fetch quests. It will disappoint on all fronts. This I vow.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

Gortarius posted:

Barkley 2 is a neverending chain of fetch quests. It will disappoint on all fronts. This I vow.

Excellent. I look forward to wasting as much time as possible!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Hell, so long as it comes out at all, it's money well invested. The first game was an awesome surprise, I'm expecting this one to be the same...just with a smidge of my money in it. Which gives me more bragging rights than any sense of entitlement. It's a win-win.

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
Stop trying to make fetch quest happen. Fetch quest is never going to happen.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

As long as 50% of the budget was spent on licensing real NBA player likenesses for the basketball minigame, I will be satisfied.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

I hope the kickstarter money was used to fund Cboyardee's transformation into his true form of Zalatar.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
I think I'm going to spend a few hours today looking at oculus rift lets plays on youtube. Not because I would be interested in the oculus rift or making bakely2 work with it somehow but rather just for the spectacle of what basically boils down to people swinging their heads around for 10+ minutes with their mouths open, wearing what looks like some sort of uncomfortable scuba mask with the see-through part painted shut.

I'm positive this will somehow aid me with developing bakely2.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Gortarius posted:

I think I'm going to spend a few hours today looking at oculus rift lets plays on youtube. Not because I would be interested in the oculus rift or making bakely2 work with it somehow but rather just for the spectacle of what basically boils down to people swinging their heads around for 10+ minutes with their mouths open, wearing what looks like some sort of uncomfortable scuba mask with the see-through part painted shut.

I'm positive this will somehow aid me with developing bakely2.

That's the kind of approach I was hoping for when I pledged money in the kickstarter!

Follow your heart.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I

Chef Boyardee posted:

I guess for the last few years I've had it in my head that Wasteland and all these other big kickstarter games are the metric by which we're going to be judged (I have no idea why) and obviously it excels in areas where Barkley can't even come close, like polish,

Barkley 2 won't offer Polish support? Can I have a refund??

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

That's the kind of approach I was hoping for when I pledged money in the kickstarter!

Follow your heart.

Or, failing that, follow some other body part. Trust your spleen.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
Does Barkley 2 at least have a quest where you fetch rebounds?

Batigh
Dec 21, 2009
i like fetch quest. i like replay value,

DeepQantas
Jan 13, 2008

Ah, to be a Hero... Keeping such company...
Put in Fester's Quest instead.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
Reading comprehension guys. I don't think chef boyardee is saying the game has a lot of fetch quests. I think he's saying wasteland and most new games are still relying on archaic task design and Barkley the sequel: the official game of the movie will be dope and innovative. I know it's easy to just glaze over writing in a rush to identify yourself as a cool jive cat, its OK.

Lets! Get! Weird!
Aug 18, 2012

Black King Bazinga
I think people read the "we're" as "Tale's of Games" and not "not True Doom Murderheads".

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Under the vegetable posted:

Reading comprehension guys. I don't think chef boyardee is saying the game has a lot of fetch quests. I think he's saying wasteland and most new games are still relying on archaic task design and Barkley the sequel: the official game of the movie will be dope and innovative. I know it's easy to just glaze over writing in a rush to identify yourself as a cool jive cat, its OK.

Yeah but the quintessential barkley experience is fetching rebounds.

Lets! Get! Weird!
Aug 18, 2012

Black King Bazinga
That's in the Rodman spinoff.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Under the vegetable posted:

Dope... more like a game FOR dopes!

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
The game has a ton of retch quests, as that's what you'll do every time you insert the disc.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Please make Barkley 3 a d20 where points in Perception are only used to perceive fake funkage on nasty dunkage. Also attacks can be made "from downtown" at an accuracy penalty for increased damage. These are my Barkley ideas

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

oddium posted:

Please make Barkley 3 a d20 where points in Perception are only used to perceive fake funkage on nasty dunkage. Also attacks can be made "from downtown" at an accuracy penalty for increased damage. These are my Barkley ideas

I kickstarted a game where you breed humans to fight in wars and one of the inheritable traits is "optimism" where they over estimate their odds of success.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Anonymous Robot posted:

Barkley 2 won't offer Polish support? Can I have a refund??
Nye, kurwa

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWwdAHwDw0c
From the new Borderlands game (thanks ToG for tweeting this)

The Borderlands series once again excels at the tasteful, subtle application of references and easter eggs.

Barkley 2 Better have twice as many stupid internet meme references.

(also congratulations for being mentioned in a AAA game, I guess)

Liquid Dinosaur fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Oct 22, 2014

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWwdAHwDw0c
From the new Borderlands game (thanks ToG for tweeting this)

The Borderlands series once again excels at the tasteful, subtle application of references and easter eggs.

Barkley 2 Better have twice as many stupid internet meme references.

(also congratulations for being mentioned in a AAA game, I guess)

How much cuckolding content will be in Barkley 2?

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
Barkley 3 will be a big budget twitch fps.

Coincidentally, Barkley 4 will be outsourced to Hideo Kojima after Barkey 3 fails to do as well as 2.

Also Chef Boyardee, where do you hide your old music and videos these days? Your stuff seems largely absent on youtube.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
Alert alert, Frankie bakely pixel stream imminent!!!!

It's on twitch tv somewhere but I dont know where.

EDIT:

http://www.twitch.tv/frankiepixelshow

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.

Chef Boyardee posted:

I guess when we're done with it! Sorry it's taking so long, but it's taking long because we want it to be really good.

If anyone literally dies waiting for the game, could you please put them in the game so that they can never escape? Not so much BEN DROWNED as BEN JAMMED.

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 09:59 on Oct 23, 2014

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
Hey fellas, check out this lovely vidio I maked:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btsNVRMJRcM

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Don't tease me with music I know you can't legally put in the game

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.
This game should have Shawn Bradley as Frankenstein's Mormon Monster

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW

Freakazoid_ posted:

Barkley 3 will be a big budget twitch fps.

Coincidentally, Barkley 4 will be outsourced to Hideo Kojima after Barkey 3 fails to do as well as 2.

Also Chef Boyardee, where do you hide your old music and videos these days? Your stuff seems largely absent on youtube.

Yeah where the hell is the Shrek video+ others

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
Don't know about them Shrek vidios, but I was devastated to find out that the fabled Speedy the Rat videos are gone from youtube. Not made by chef, but close enough.

I loved that poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Speedy's gone too? The Blue Bay High storyline was never resolved.