Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Fat Samurai posted:

I want all the drakes. How long does the event last? Any obvious things I should know going in?

Bahamut is Fire Element and has a Hit-All attack he opens with and alternates Column/Row fire attacks. The rest of the guys are all pretty simple and forgiving as any large group starts out with 2-3 turn delay. There are some dudes that lay poison but they aren't that obnoxious. If you are above the level of the zone, which is 20, it is pretty simplistic. I guess the reward is supposed to be a chance to drop Bahamut?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cruseydr
May 18, 2010

I am not an atomic playboy.
Free energy = Gugba (my first SS draw since my starting Czekras). Yay!

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
Bahamut's skills:

Fire, Pincer Area, 50%
Magic Defense +10%
Fire Damage -10%, Adjacent
Fire, Pincer Area, 20%

Yes, that's a tier 1 spell at level 65.

For comparison, Mantledrake, a B-rank farmable from 7-10:

Fire, Pincer Area, 50%
Demoralization Ward
Fire, Vertical 2, 30%
Inferno, Pincer Area, 30%

:siren: EDIT: I'm a big fat dummy and didn't realize that he had more than one job. :siren:

Reiterpallasch fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Oct 24, 2014

BambooEarpick
Sep 3, 2008
Wow, you're right. Here's some independent confirmation:

He does have 3 jobs, though!

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
Ack, the lack of the little portrait slots on his character sheet threw me off. Weird.

EDIT: Oh, right, they're not grayed out if you don't have the job, they're empty. It's been a while since anyone on my A team was missing a job.

BambooEarpick
Sep 3, 2008
Yeah, it seems that the weapon you need to evolve him from probably comes from one of the other Bahamut dungeons which are not open yet.

Also, I'm guessing the second activation of fire probably has a large area attack.

Cryohazard
Feb 5, 2010
Any idea what the drop rate on Bahamut is?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Pulled a Lunaken. Supposed to suck, but evading physical attacks sounds pretty boss. Either way he's better than the lovely tiger I had.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?
Got Bahamut on run #6, between friends / other sources it looks like a 20%ish droprate? Definitely pretty generous for what looks to be a decent S rank Fire mage.

Jehuti
Nov 19, 2010

Niton posted:

Got Bahamut on run #6, between friends / other sources it looks like a 20%ish droprate? Definitely pretty generous for what looks to be a decent S rank Fire mage.

That's good to know. I have pulled maybe 20 times and have yet to get an elemental mage. As nice as the mantledrake is, I'm looking forward to a proper mage unit.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Another incentive for levelling up a Bahamut (or in my case farming to get my first one) is that 15 stamina for 10 battles is pretty efficient for getting skill levels at the same time.

BambooEarpick
Sep 3, 2008
Bah, 3 times through and I've yet to have him drop.

Fake Edit: ^^^^^^^^^
Yeah, I've been getting quite a bit of skill ups, it's a nice consolation for my terrible luck.

Real Edit: Do we know what tracks we get to download and when that'll be? I really dig the menu music.

Real Edit 2:
Cross posting from TerraBattleForum; credit goes to poster "Fluffles"

Fluffles posted:

Job 2 Neo Bahamut
Magic defense +10%, Equip
Anti-Ice Shield, Equip
Inferno, Pincer+Area(1), 30%
Fire Counter, 30%

Job 3 Mega Bahamut
HP+10%, Equip
Fire Dmg Down 20%, Adjacent, Equip
Inferno, Cross(All), 30%
Solarwind, Pincer+Area(1), 30%

Source

BambooEarpick fucked around with this message at 10:16 on Oct 24, 2014

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Y'all be hatin' but out of all my pulls I don't have a single offensive mage. I have like six different healers and spell-effect dorks but none of them seem to be getting offensive abilities. Hopefully his other jobs have some better abilities, pudding time is not cool right now. I had to run through two thingso f stamina to get him, dumb but I won't be able to play tomorrow.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
And here I figured he was a 100% drop, since I got him on my first time. A bit of a pity, since I already have Daiana for fire damage.

BambooEarpick
Sep 3, 2008

TastyLemonDrops posted:

And here I figured he was a 100% drop, since I got him on my first time. A bit of a pity, since I already have Daiana for fire damage.

Still didn't drop on my 4th attempt.
:negative:

Jehuti
Nov 19, 2010
Managed to get him on my third. How much skill up does he get if he drops again? 5% or 10%?

BambooEarpick
Sep 3, 2008

Jehuti posted:

Managed to get him on my third. How much skill up does he get if he drops again? 5% or 10%?

1%

gninjagnome
Apr 17, 2003

TastyLemonDrops posted:

If it was 100%, there would be no reason not to max skill him right away.

Well except maybe that. Kills any thought of trying to skill him up for me.

OGS-Remix posted:

It seems pretty fun, but does anyone else have a serious problem with the game crashing a lot? Maybe my connection is poor, but quite often it'll go to "downloading" and then freeze up even though my connection is fine. It's really irritating to have to deal with since it's hit or miss whether or not force quitting and then trying again will even work.

Game is a little buggy for me. Seems pretty sensitive to network connections, and doesn't recover gracefully all the time. Also, I play on my 1st gen Nexus 7, and it will randomly slow down (really frustrating when your moving in to position), and has locked up once or twice - this doesn't happen on my phone, which is newer. It also has a good chance of locking up if my phone or tablet comeback from sleep.

Jehuti
Nov 19, 2010

That is a lot less then I had hoped. Maybe I won't farm his skill ups...

BambooEarpick
Sep 3, 2008
gently caress.
Lost to the Chapter 11-10 boss. He spawns power points but if you don't use them he eats them and then hits the entire board. The problem was he'd spawn them in really awkward places after pushing my guys away and then it was GG. Does he have any kind of weakness? I know he's light type so he'll take extra damage from darkness but will it debilitate him? The enemies leading up to him didn't go down in a single combo so I'm guessing I might be a bit weak for him?

Edit: Beat that mother fucker. Had to play really conservative and keep my guys healed while activating the Power Point every turn, even if it meant only a pincer with no assists.

Jehuti posted:

That is a lot less then I had hoped. Maybe I won't farm his skill ups...

Well, if we are to believe he has a 20% drop rate you're getting (an expected) 0.2% each time you do the map on top of whatever Skill Up you'll naturally be getting for using him (if you're using him).

BambooEarpick fucked around with this message at 12:13 on Oct 24, 2014

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
Does average level affect Bahamut drop rate like it does Pudding/Puppet/Tin? I'm like 7 in on my level 40 guys and no drops at all of anything

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
Shouldn't, there's no max level listed for the zone.

BambooEarpick
Sep 3, 2008

MotU posted:

Does average level affect Bahamut drop rate like it does Pudding/Puppet/Tin? I'm like 7 in on my level 40 guys and no drops at all of anything

Levels affect Hunting Zones? Not just Metal Zones? Does that mean later on it'll just be really hard to farm certain materials because most of your guys will be over leveled and you can't get the lower or mid-tier mats?

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Yeah, the level ranges are listed on the description of the zone where it tells what kind of enemies and numbers you'll face.
Hunting Zone 3 is for levels 40-69, so it shouldn't really be an issue to get items.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
Incidentally, do you get more/better items on higeher level hunting zones? Or is it just that you can use higher level dudes without lowering your drop rates?

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

I think you get more, I can regularly get 20+ items from Hunting Zone 2, I was never able to get near that in 1. It's possible I just know how to do them better now. You might shift the ratio of the second tier of race items in Hunting Zone 3 to be more common than the first tier, but I'm not sure (more Pelts than Claws for example).

BambooEarpick
Sep 3, 2008
This god drat Bahamut. gently caress. 7 runs and he still hasn't dropped.
It'd be nice if they had something in place that'd slowly up the RNG on it until one dropped or something.
Ugh.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

Source?

Jehuti
Nov 19, 2010

I just got my second Bahamut and yeah it's a one percent skill up.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
If I only have room for one archer in my primary party right now- Yukken vs Grace. Yukken has a self-heal which helps if she's stranded or on the wrong side of the enemy from a guaranteed heal, but Grace has my only area attack (before now when I got Bahamut, which I'm cycling in place of one of these archers. Grace is also lower level for me since I started with Bahl, but both her jobs are in the late 20's-early 30's. I'm in Chapter 16 so she's a little bit of a liability in the 30's but I'm actively leveling her up in a B-team that goes after Metal Zones.

Current party makeup:
Bahl (Job 2)
Czekras (Job 1)
Zenzoze (Job 2)
Yukken (Job 1) / Grace (Job 2)
Kuscah (Job 2)

Bahamut.. once he's battle-ready.

BambooEarpick
Sep 3, 2008
God drat. Apparently Bahamut is only available until the 26th. So I guess I'm hosed.
I offer so many prayers to RNGesus but he never answers my call.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010
People were dogging Metupi a coupld of pages back so I have been favoring Grace over him but, uh, looking at his 2nd and 3rd jobs he seems WAY better than grace.

Remedy, heals, revives, +time and decent attack skills. Am I missing something?

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

Jehuti posted:

I just got my second Bahamut and yeah it's a one percent skill up.

Oh, I thought he meant 1% drop rate.

BambooEarpick
Sep 3, 2008

Murgos posted:

People were dogging Metupi a coupld of pages back so I have been favoring Grace over him but, uh, looking at his 2nd and 3rd jobs he seems WAY better than grace.

Remedy, heals, revives, +time and decent attack skills. Am I missing something?

Uh, I mean, he buffs Remedy and Heal units? So, if that's your jams that's cool. Grace gets a AoE attack pretty early where as you have to wait until level 35 in Job 3 for Metupi. I dunno, a cool support for support characters, I guess?

Edit: Welp, that's 8 runs that ended in failure. I guess I'll try for more Bahamut action tomorrow.

BambooEarpick fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Oct 24, 2014

AMooseDoesStuff
Dec 20, 2012
Got Bahi on my second try. Seems super generous. Neat.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
Got him on first try, probably compensation for never dropping me a SS.

Also got Bonna from the free energy... puts me at bonna, prurope and lunaken for S (and Bahamut). Going to switch prurope to heal mode since Bonna at least has reanimation. RIP Sorman.

On that matter: you can't get rid of anything, right? Merely skill them up by duplicate drops?

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

I got Zerra from the free roll. I was so excited to see that gold paper, too... :smith:

Is she as garbage as she seems?

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Schrodingers cat posted:

On that matter: you can't get rid of anything, right? Merely skill them up by duplicate drops?

Correct. Once you got 'em they're there. No box size limits or team cost or any bullshit like that. No collection of dupes either. Which is something I really like.

Also I got my Bahamut on first try too. Sure, I have Lewto/Amerpact, but trophy! And he'll be good for that map I haven't reached where you can't bring humanoids, I imagine.

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Lights, the Peacock King, First of His Name.

dmboogie posted:

I got Zerra from the free roll. I was so excited to see that gold paper, too... :smith:

Is she as garbage as she seems?

I have her too and outside of slotting her in to some metal zones to level her up in the hopes that she'd be eventually useful, she's never seen battle. I'm only on chapter 13 thus far though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kobold eBooks
Mar 5, 2007

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AN OPEN PALM SLAM A CARTRIDGE IN THE SUPER FAMICOM. ITS E-ZEAO AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE THE MAIN CHARACTER, CORPORAL FALCOM.
Whoever suggested only hunting in hunting zone 2 seems to have forgotten most of the drop slots are going to be full of loving second tier job upgrade materials with nearly no first tiers in sight. :argh:

• Locked thread