Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Was just looking at the OP, and...

quote:

5 VT, 1 Town 1-shot BP, 1 Town Jailer, 1 Goon, 1 scum Roleblocker
is the only set-up that contains both a Jailer and a Roleblocker. Which means the remaining roles are a vanilla goon and a town BP.

Did anyone else claim or hint at any power roles? I'm going to reread the thread, but if anyone remembers anything, that might be our scum right there (or our BP, admittedly).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Mr. Maltose posted:

It's a pretty bad position, but it's certainly not incomprehensible. Lurking is a great way to become an easy target which is pretty poo poo scum play. I didn't vote for goodness because most of the discussion landed when I was unable to access the internet. As cool as Mafia is (so cool) I can't exactly play it while working.

I am currently rereading and gleaning around goodness' posts.
The trouble with lurking is it means we just don't know if it's scum play or not. Somebody will eventually call you scum for it and then you'll defend yourself with (which may very well be honest) cries of RL and work etc. Lurking is WIFOM as.

Kitiara posted:

This. I don't think Lamp is scum based on the fact that he was the 3rd person to vote for goodness, but boy do his posts sound scummy.
I'm glad you ammended this to say you were talking about Poison being scummy not me. Not only because well, it's me, but this post pinged me pretty hard in how ambiguous it sounded. I'm going to trust that it was an honest typo and not backtracking. I think you're OK in my books.

I really really like 100s read of Poison. I never would have written it because I haven't been investigating her too much in posts because it'd look OMGUS (http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Oh_My_God_You_Suck)

But this read - drat. I'm especially glad 100 picked up on the oddness of her d1 vote for me because she didn't "buy Lamp making a jokevote in the middle of this talk". PM's idea is that I'm using scum logic in this game - starting with my jokevote. Even if I was scum, I wouldn't play the game like that. It's too obvious. It would be too obvious for most players! Plus, would anybody really be thrown off serious discussion by a jokevote? Perhaps if the discussion was honing in on the scum buddy. The 'serious discussion' d1 was focusing on.. wait. It wasn't. I just did another reread of the posts before my jokevote and... Jeez. It's pretty bleak. There was exactly 1 joke vote from Poison and three 'serious-ish-ish' posts. Suddenly Poison's:

Poison Mushroom posted:

I don't buy Lamp making a jokevote in the middle of this talk about actual scumhunting and realvotes. It reads like he's trying to sidetrack the discussion, and that bugs me a lot.

##vote Lampsacus
Looks really disingenuous. I'm finding it hard to believe this was written without some semblance of an agenda. Questions for poison:
Which realvotes were you referring to? I can't find any.
Specifically, where was the scumhunting?
If you aren't scum, would you admit to writing this post in an exaggerating manner to prod me a bit? Tell us your thought process behind it.

Maybe I'm getting too much into this one post but the more I look at it's context the more it looks fishy.

After my reread etc. and some time I'd now rather vote Poison over Mr. M because fishy post > no post. And also 100s case of course.

I'm going to throw my hat into the ring with
##vote Poison Mushroom

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Poison Mushroom posted:

Was just looking at the OP, and...

is the only set-up that contains both a Jailer and a Roleblocker. Which means the remaining roles are a vanilla goon and a town BP.

Did anyone else claim or hint at any power roles? I'm going to reread the thread, but if anyone remembers anything, that might be our scum right there (or our BP, admittedly).

I don't think it's a good idea to out our last PR. On the one hand someone can claim it and if there's a counter claim game done. On the other if it's claimed the BP will never get targeted by the scum and their protection is useless to town. Though we'd have a somewhat confirmed town in LYLO if we were to get there. I'd rather just keep it hush-hush until their forced to claim to save their skin, this way the scum runs the risk of not night killing which would be huge for us.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Hey all,

Civ BE has eaten up my ENTIRE evening.

This being said I'm thinking that the read on PMush is pretty damned solid.

The thing that stuck out to me more than anything else was something only really touched on in 100s read - which is how confused PMush was after the Jailing action.

It stuck out to me because this is the fourth or fifth game in a row that I've been in a game with Pmush and it's pretty out of character for her - especially considering how experienced she is at the game. Hell, she's been giving me advice post game for several of them.

That was at least backed up by how quickly she moved the goalposts to Kitiara (given I had mentioned I had found her previous statement suspicious) when Lamp stated that he was getting frustrated with answering the question on how the jailing cleared me.

This, combined with 100s effort post means I'm pretty confident that PMush is scum.

##vote Poison Mushroom

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Civ BE is out?! oh my lordy

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Yes! And they fixed spying so it's not shite!

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

:retrogames: oh man guys :retrogames:

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

tithin posted:

IIt stuck out to me because this is the fourth or fifth game in a row that I've been in a game with Pmush and it's pretty out of character for her - especially considering how experienced she is at the game. Hell, she's been giving me advice post game for several of them.

I agree. Like I mentioned before, it seemed like she was a really confused but other posts make it seem like she's actually pretty clever. So I'm starting to feel like the confusion is just an act. Based on Tithin and 100's posts and the scum vibe coming from Mush (seriously? power role searching?), I'm happy to change by vote.

##unvote Mr. Maltose . vote## Poison Mushroom

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I was hoping we'd be able to catch someone breadcrumbing doctor or cop. Because there's no reason for a town to breadcrumb a role they don't have, it'd find us our other scum.

Didn't work out that way, though. :shrug:

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Kitiara posted:

I agree. Like I mentioned before, it seemed like she was a really confused but other posts make it seem like she's actually pretty clever. So I'm starting to feel like the confusion is just an act. Based on Tithin and 100's posts and the scum vibe coming from Mush (seriously? power role searching?), I'm happy to change by vote.

##unvote Mr. Maltose . vote## Poison Mushroom

You need to fix your vote wording Kitiara.

Poison Mushroom posted:

I was hoping we'd be able to catch someone breadcrumbing doctor or cop. Because there's no reason for a town to breadcrumb a role they don't have, it'd find us our other scum.

Didn't work out that way, though. :shrug:

Seeing how things are coming down do you not want to defend yourself? I haven't voted you, despite making the case, but I am more than fine doing so.

Maltose! What're your two cents?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Seeing how things are coming down do you not want to defend yourself? I haven't voted you, despite making the case, but I am more than fine doing so.
I'd rather spend my last few hours trying to make a good case on you or Lamp, honestly. It's just easier said than done.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Poison Mushroom posted:

I'd rather spend my last few hours trying to make a good case on you or Lamp, honestly. It's just easier said than done.

There's nothing to be had on Lamp. You may have pushed a vote on them using meta earlier in the game but post-wise they've been engaged and asking the right questions. You'll have an easier time making a case against me, I pointed out my relation with goodness being the biggest thing. But yeah... your insistence to just case other people rings a bit weird. I get town being fatalistic about being lynched but to not even make the smallest of efforts to defend yourself. It seems unusual.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

And in turn, I'm not sure what to make of you going out of your way to bring up ways that you're scummy. "Oh, look at all this scummy stuff I did, but I'm not scum, teehee!" What could be the motivation for drawing attention to yourself like that? If you're town to, what, make everyone look at how scummy you're being, but not get lynched because you totally mentioned it first and recognized it? I don't see how that's better than using that energy to actually find scum.

On the other hand, if you're scum, that could be used as a way to deflate any arguments against you before they get made. No one can point out that you did X, Y, and Z in a case against you without looking like they're hunting for easy targets because you already brought it up first.

And another thing. If you're so sure I'm scummy, why not vote me? You say you'd be happy to, but haven't. Why not? Because you know I'm town and that you don't want to be complacent in a lynch? It's fishy, and I don't like it one bit. I think I was right on the money earlier when I had the idea of you being effort-scum.

##vote 100YrsofAttitude

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009
##vote Poison Mushroom

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Poison Mushroom posted:

And in turn, I'm not sure what to make of you going out of your way to bring up ways that you're scummy. "Oh, look at all this scummy stuff I did, but I'm not scum, teehee!" What could be the motivation for drawing attention to yourself like that? If you're town to, what, make everyone look at how scummy you're being, but not get lynched because you totally mentioned it first and recognized it? I don't see how that's better than using that energy to actually find scum.

On the other hand, if you're scum, that could be used as a way to deflate any arguments against you before they get made. No one can point out that you did X, Y, and Z in a case against you without looking like they're hunting for easy targets because you already brought it up first.

And another thing. If you're so sure I'm scummy, why not vote me? You say you'd be happy to, but haven't. Why not? Because you know I'm town and that you don't want to be complacent in a lynch? It's fishy, and I don't like it one bit. I think I was right on the money earlier when I had the idea of you being effort-scum.

##vote 100YrsofAttitude

I pointed out what I found the scummiest so I could defend it and nip it early. So your second reason there. I haven't voted you yet since Kitiara put you in hammer range, even if her vote if misspelt and I didn't want to cut discussion short as of yet. But it doesn't seem like much more is going to happen. ##vote Poison Mushroom

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Welp!

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

:redhammer:

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Poison Mushroom, BLAND BREAD, was eaten for lunch on day 3. It is now night. I will reopen the thread at 11pm EST if I get actions before then. Otherwise, tomorrow morning.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

tithin, BLAND BREAD has been eaten in the night. It is now day 4.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

:ghost: MOTHERFUCKER :ghost:

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

All the more time for BE

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

:ghost: You fuckers. :ghost:

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Ugh. I'm sorry Poison Mushroom. I didn't preview my post and Kitiara ended fixing her vote the second I posted. More time would've been better, but I didn't get why you weren't defending yourself. If we mislynch today that's it. This is the sort of day where no-lynching is actually preferable, if it comes down to it.

I'm the bullet-proof town that's left. I'd love to see a counter-claim but I doubt scum would be that dumb. It's too late for my power to be any good anyway. I refrained from bringing it up before in hopes that I could attract a kill attempt but it seems I became to high-profile before that could work.

Maltose has lurked now again for several days. It doesn't help casing him, but reading through Kitiara and Lampsacus, he's the one I'd rather vote. I feel bad enough that my case got PM lynched and I don't really want to get all paranoid and look for and find things that aren't really there. Could a case be made against you two? Probably, but I feel you're both more sincere than not.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

I have absolutely no case on anyone but to say Mr. M lurked too much. Shrug. This game is a little lethargic.

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009
I still think it isn't lamp based on how quick he voted for goodness. So it's either Mr. M or 100 years. Mr. M has been extremely inactive, so I'm heavily leaning towards him. However, I'm very suspicious of 100. He keeps making cases on good people and getting us to lynch town. He didn't vote for goodness until it was very obvious that goodness was gone, and he even defended him once:

100YrsofAttitude posted:

While goodness's motivations differ from me, I feel like they've got their heart in the right place (watch this bite me in the rear end later on).

Plus he voted early for Maltose, same as goodness.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Well either mr. M hasn't read this thread in a while, likely, and is the real bp, unlikely, or 100 is town. That leaves you myself and Mr. M. There is no case to be had on you.. although I haven't just read your posts in isolation yet. So from my perspective it is most probably the lurker.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

If it wasn't the game decider I'd vote him now. I'm probably sixty-forty to no lynch atm.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Kitiara posted:

I still think it isn't lamp based on how quick he voted for goodness. So it's either Mr. M or 100 years. Mr. M has been extremely inactive, so I'm heavily leaning towards him. However, I'm very suspicious of 100. He keeps making cases on good people and getting us to lynch town. He didn't vote for goodness until it was very obvious that goodness was gone, and he even defended him once:

Plus he voted early for Maltose, same as goodness.

I've made mistakes, as anyone could do in a game. These are fine reasons to think me scum but I'm not. Neither of you can counter-claim me and I know Maltose can't cause I'm the bullet proof town, lot of good it does us now. Frankly we could probably each build convincing cases based on one another's post history. It seems pointless to me I'm fairly certain you're both town.

In regards to Maltose, I wouldn't be surprised if he were indifferent scum who gave up and is just coasting along. Considering the size of the game the mod probably wouldn't want to modkill or anything because frankly given his activity he should've been replaced out or killed a while back. I'd said there's more of a problem of us tearing each other apart out of fear of lynching a town lurker.

Lampsacus posted:

If it wasn't the game decider I'd vote him now. I'm probably sixty-forty to no lynch atm.

I feel you. No lynch would help bring the game down to a more certain number but I don't know if we'd really get any more information at least on Maltose at this juncture.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
That's a lot of content without an actual vote, 100 Years. If I'm the only good scum choice, vote me.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Mr. Maltose posted:

That's a lot of content without an actual vote, 100 Years. If I'm the only good scum choice, vote me.

I really don't want to rush this. I'm not certain you're scum, I'm certain that I find the others townier, mainly cause you haven't said anything at all! Considering all that's happened in game I wish you would say more than just being antagonistic, especially if you are on town's side. Help us out. What're your thoughts and opinions, something anything?

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009
Honestly, I very much doubt that scum will pick Maltose as the person to kill, regardless of who ends up being scum. So I don't think that we will get any information by waiting. I'm very torn between M and 100 and I can't seem to get a rid on them.

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009
*get a read on them.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Kitiara posted:

Honestly, I very much doubt that scum will pick Maltose as the person to kill, regardless of who ends up being scum. So I don't think that we will get any information by waiting. I'm very torn between M and 100 and I can't seem to get a rid on them.

You're probably right there. The only way no-lynch helps us is if the scum thinks I'm bluffing and loses out his night kill going after me, but that'd be stupid. Also we'd be right back where we are today.

Kitiara I'm not the scum. We know there's a bullet proof in this game. I am it. If there is another one please counter claim. No one will because there isn't and let's say the scum wants to try a gambit, that'd be ridiculously chancy. You know you're town (assuming you are) and neither Lamp or Maltose have counter claimed because they can't.

I'm going to re-read each of you to make sure I have things straight on my mind and then I'm going to vote.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I had some early mis-givings towards to Kitiara. This is because she was playing a bit passively; calling out people but not voting. She's changed that on D2 after being called out on it seen via her vote on goodness. I didn't like her early assertions of being town, they came often enough to seem odd to me. However this post was the turning point for me in the way I read her:

Kitiara posted:

Seriously? I'm not getting awfully defensive. I'm quoting the posts that are attacking me and replying to them accordingly. I'm sure people would find it suspicious if I just ignored them (I know I would), so it's a bit of a drat if you do and drat if you don't situation, no?

Also, I am doing a lot more than talking about how town I am. I am the one who first made a case about goodness, which is a lot better than:

"I like PMom's case. Would still rather lynch Lamp, though."

You didn't even try. Plus you are okay with lynching goodness, when you feel stronger for lynching Lamp. Massive redflag to me. Also I'm not building a case on 100years, because I don't have enough to do so. I mostly think he is town, but I find it a bit odd how he was fixated on me, so I brought it up to him to see how he'd reply. I'm not going to start randomly accusing people with no base, not the way I play.

it reads sincere and completely town to me. She's got nothing to hide in this post and after reading it my opinions shifted on her.

Were she scum, she'd be playing a damned good game especially with the early bus of her own scum mate (power role scum mate at that). Honestly that's highly unlikely. It would take a lot to convince me to vote her.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Tonally I've felt generally more at ease with Lamp. However, his desire to no-lynch on D1 or to lynch a lurker is scummy. This post reads super well to me. It's a bit long so I didn't quote the whole thing. It shows his vote on goodness and general defense of himself. Lamp's never been horribly defensive at being accused of anything because they seem confident in they're role. That happens to me when I'm town since I can more easily be honest. Also they were active during the countdown towards Goodness's lynch. Those whole series posts between debate and encouragement ring really true as well.

Lamp's the towniest outside of the D1 play for which they had their reasons. I'm not going to say I won't vote Lamp, because anything goes in this game, but in all honesty I don't see that happening.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Maltose has got less than a dozen posts to their name. This one just seems funny considering I'm going to vote Maltose for being an inactive scum.

Mr. Maltose posted:

It's a pretty bad position, but it's certainly not incomprehensible. Lurking is a great way to become an easy target which is pretty poo poo scum play. I didn't vote for goodness because most of the discussion landed when I was unable to access the internet. As cool as Mafia is (so cool) I can't exactly play it while working.

I am currently rereading and gleaning around goodness' posts.

(my bold).

The posts range from brushing asides, to mafia parenting, to white noise. I still think that someone with that few posts would've been mod-killed or replaced out in most games early on. If it didn't happen here it's because the game would've ended far too fast. Maltose could've started posting a while back and made up for lost time but hasn't, perhaps because the only real strategy left to them is to hope we cannibalize one another.

Kitiara just doesn't read as scum to me, and Lamp far less. If you one of you is it good job.

Lynching a lurker is terrifying since it's a shot in the dark and it can be fatal for us at this point but there's no need to pussyfoot about it, it's clear where my vote's been going all day.

##vote Mr. Maltose I'm going to be around if you've any questions or whatever.

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009
If you are scum, 100 then you deserve to win. Your posts reads town to me, therefore: ##vote Mr. Maltose . I don't know the order of abilities, but if you are saying the truth about being bp and Maltose doesn't flip scum I do recommend using your shot on lamp. It's the only chance town has.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Kitiara posted:

If you are scum, 100 then you deserve to win. Your posts reads town to me, therefore: ##vote Mr. Maltose . I don't know the order of abilities, but if you are saying the truth about being bp and Maltose doesn't flip scum I do recommend using your shot on lamp. It's the only chance town has.

BP means bullet proof, that is I had immunity from being killed were I ever attacked (applicable only once). It's not specified if this means lynch or night kill but in my experiencing it applies only to protection against vigs or night kills, since there is such a protection as lynch proof.

So I figure if you were to lynch me you'd succeed but a nightkill against me would fail that night. It's why I never claimed until now, in hopes that I could somehow draw the attack.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

##vote Mr. Maltose

You two are trying and he is not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Mr. Maltose, BLAND BREAD, has been eaten for lunch Day 4. It is now night.

• Locked thread