Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Mod sass? This evening?! But the cakes aren't ready! THE CAKES!
Fun Shoe

TOOT BOOT posted:

I can tell you the slider bar on the credits page is reversed. You have to drag up to scroll down and vice-versa.

Yeah, I just didn't make the slider bar itself clickable. You're just dragging panel itself. The scroll-bars were very late adds and :effort:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Unormal posted:

Hah, I'll add a keybind to the quest screens... if you notice any others let me know.

I built the whole thing to be able to run on an iPad 1, so it will run on pretty dinky setups. We intentionally made technology choices, like using "bone-based" sprites instead of full sprite sheet animation, to get the 2D full-sprite look without the memory requirements that would annihlate an iPad 1. You only get 100mb of headroom on one :gonk:

I actually had tap-to-move in for awhile, but it's super annoying on small phone screens where you're accidentally moving when mis-clicking abilities. I could certainly add an on-off toggle for people who want it and have large screens, though.

e: Actually it looks like space should clear the quest dialogs. Is there a dialog that space doesn't close? Can you give me the exact wording of it? Thanks! :D

The thing I was referring to was these dialogs:

Only way to progress is to click.

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Fun Shoe
:engleft:

code:
if( Input.GetKeyDown(KeyCode.Space ) | Input.GetKeyDown(KeyCode.KeypadEnter))
I'll get a fix up in a bit.

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.

Unormal posted:

[default & beta]
*Changed debug keybinds
*Fixed blood partially defaulting to off
*Tweaked class-reward text
*Fixed slight misalignment in gold rewards

I was gonna say, keeps me from taking nice screenshots.

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/36353189225232558/B3D8C530AB0B878A3AF8C00F63AAFE7CAD249622/

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Fun Shoe

Yeah, the debug keys are all still in there, but you have to also hold down right-alt. So shouldn't stomp on Steam keybinds any more.

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Fun Shoe

Nintendo Kid posted:

The thing I was referring to was these dialogs:

Only way to progress is to click.

Ok, a build is live on steam that should add a keybind for these guys.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Unormal posted:

Ok, a build is live on steam that should add a keybind for these guys.

Thanks! :)

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.
For Sproggie, I noticed with the Wizard class that summoning Yeti's will drain all your stamina instead of just 3 stars like it says it will, not sure if this is a bug or a balance thing because Wizards are OP!

Edit: Bug number two! Beat the end boss on normal and achievement didn't unlock.

Im_Special fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Oct 24, 2014

Bobo the Red
Aug 14, 2004
Lay off the marmot

TOOT BOOT posted:

What's sad is that he has a co-developer that doesn't seem to have been involved with any of this, and now all his effort has been flushed down the toilet.

https://twitter.com/Vallisca3x3x3

Yeah, that guy is apparently also a huge rear end in a top hat (they went around being assholes together), and his apology post was ridiculously self-aggrandizing.

Edit:

https://twitter.com/Vallisca3x3x3/status/524578687522717697

Bobo the Red fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Oct 23, 2014

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Risk of Rain update is out, it's not really a roguelike but since it's been talked about here before... New characters! New items! :woop:

A couple of the new items are game changing, multiplayer damage, or at least Acrid is bugged and insanely high, and the first time we started with the new characters we were both frozen in place. But it's out and the graphics optimizations really show!

Nettle Soup fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Oct 22, 2014

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
Just finished the 111th floor on my Archangel of 666 run in DoomRL. Just 555 to go! :haw:

...:negative:

On the bright side, this sniper-modded burst cannon laser rifle is making each floor go comparatively fast. When it gets up to full chainfire it melts effectively anything in a single volley, since it is more or less incapable of missing and will thus deal a horrific amount of guaranteed plasma damage. Cyberdemons take a couple of volleys. I sure am glad I'm an Ammochain Marine or keeping this thing fed would be pretty drat hard!!

Zeerust
May 1, 2008

They must have guessed, once or twice - guessed and refused to believe - that everything, always, collectively, had been moving toward that purified shape latent in the sky, that shape of no surprise, no second chance, no return.

Nettle Soup posted:

Risk of Rain update is out, it's not really a roguelike but since it's been talked about here before... New characters! New items! :woop:

A couple of the new items are game changing, multiplayer damage, or at least Acrid is bugged and insanely high, and the first time we started with the new characters we were both frozen in place. But it's out and the graphics optimizations really show!

I don't think I play Risk of Rain right. Am I best off rushing through levels before the difficulty ramps up, or take the time to explore levels and upgrade my gear as much as possible?

I also get a little annoyed that some of the classes just aren't as good as others. The Enforcer seems awesome but the fact they've got zilch for mobility means I get mobbed after a couple levels and killed with AoE damage.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Frankosity posted:

I don't think I play Risk of Rain right. Am I best off rushing through levels before the difficulty ramps up, or take the time to explore levels and upgrade my gear as much as possible?

I also get a little annoyed that some of the classes just aren't as good as others. The Enforcer seems awesome but the fact they've got zilch for mobility means I get mobbed after a couple levels and killed with AoE damage.

Unless you're abusing control you should probably find and trigger the teleporter asap then explore the level while it's counting down.

Larz
Jul 29, 2011
Hey Unormal, it must be exciting to have Sproggiwood release on Steam today, congrats! I'm looking forward to giving it a go. I hope it goes well for you (just remember not to threaten Gabe Newell's life today and everything should go fine).

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

How to use the BFG 10K when playing on Angel of Max Carnage:

http://www.twitch.tv/floodkiller/c/5357652

(:negative:)

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Fun Shoe

Larz posted:

Hey Unormal, it must be exciting to have Sproggiwood release on Steam today, congrats! I'm looking forward to giving it a go. I hope it goes well for you (just remember not to threaten Gabe Newell's life today and everything should go fine).

:supaburn::supaburn::supaburn::supaburn:

I'll be launching ~3 EST, I'll post when I do! Thanks to everyone who's tested and given feedback, it's been awesome. I'm exhausted and terrified! :stonkhat:

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Floodkiller posted:

Hahaha holy poo poo.

On a related note, it's bullshit that the BFG10K only takes a single mod or basic assembly, and only if you're a Technician. You should be able to make a Biggest loving Gun 10K and blow yourself, and everything else within several kilometres, directly to hell the instant you pull the trigger :colbert: (It's similarly bullshit that you can't mod the Jackhammer. I found it on my current Ammochain Marine and wanted to make a Burst Jackhammer + Firestorm that empties its entire clip in one shot :mad:)

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008

Angry Diplomat posted:

Just finished the 111th floor on my Archangel of 666 run in DoomRL. Just 555 to go! :haw:

I remember when I did Ao666, somewhere around the 150th floor, I started just skipping floors whenever I can. I had a infinite rocket launcher, and 2x intuition to see where the stairs/invul globes were, so I would just bee-line for the invul globes, then constantly rocket-jump myself to the exits (blowing away whatever walls were in my path). It basically became a race down through hell to find the next invul globe before my current one ran out.

Still had to walk thru 'walls are tough' floors. But otherwise made it a lot less painful than it'd otherwise be!

Floodkiller posted:

Haha, I think we've all blown ourselves away with mis-fired BFG 10k's at some point in our Doomrl lives.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

Unormal posted:

Yeah, all the keys I've handed out will carry over to release copies. (assuming I understand the Steam key system properly)

:cheers:

Holy poo poo you are awesome. Was going to buy it anyway, but now I guess my friends get that copy. Thanks!

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Fun Shoe

Harminoff posted:

Holy poo poo you are awesome. Was going to buy it anyway, but now I guess my friends get that copy. Thanks!

We're live!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/311720/

Gotta give props to the whole SA community that's been great for testing and feedback, and Shalinor's SA Gamedev where the team got together in the first place! :swoon:

For all you guys that have a copy already, if you liked it it'd be enormously helpful to get steam & metacritic reviews; and just word of mouth in general! You guys have been awesome, and I hope everyone has a good time with it!

:supaburn::sweatdrop::supaburn::sweatdrop::supaburn::sweatdrop::supaburn::sweatdrop:

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Unormal posted:

We're live!

so, when's the 'Shadows of Big Ick's Empire' DLC going to come out

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Fun Shoe

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

so, when's the 'Shadows of Big Ick's Empire' DLC going to come out

I really want to do an infinite/survival mode based on the mechanics of the final boss fight.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Unormal posted:

We're live!

Congrats!

I've been holding off on grabbing it up because I know I won't play it just yet, but day 1 buy and all. I'll pick it up once I get home.

If anyone who's played it wants to write a blurb I'll add it to the OP.

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Congrats! May riches and accolades flow your way.

Now get back to work on Qud :whip:

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Fun Shoe

ToxicFrog posted:

Congrats! May riches and accolades flow your way.

Now get back to work on Qud :whip:

Haha, we tied 7-years of CoQ registration income in an hour with Sproggiwood. :D

I'd like to finish up the final dungeon from the private-beta CoQ patch this week and get it public.

Tax Inductions
Jul 9, 2007

I carry refreshments to the good guys
I made the good guys some home fries
Just picked up sproggiwood and have been playing all afternoon. I like it a lot!

I might have found a minor bug - my key to the heart of the gods accessory is sticking with my character in between dungeons, even though I haven't bought it from the shop.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Shark Tower posted:

I remember when I did Ao666, somewhere around the 150th floor, I started just skipping floors whenever I can. I had a infinite rocket launcher, and 2x intuition to see where the stairs/invul globes were, so I would just bee-line for the invul globes, then constantly rocket-jump myself to the exits (blowing away whatever walls were in my path). It basically became a race down through hell to find the next invul globe before my current one ran out.

Still had to walk thru 'walls are tough' floors. But otherwise made it a lot less painful than it'd otherwise be!

I'm trying to get a 100% kill rate because I am stupid and hate myself :smithicide:

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Fun Shoe

Mr. Wednesday posted:

Just picked up sproggiwood and have been playing all afternoon. I like it a lot!

I might have found a minor bug - my key to the heart of the gods accessory is sticking with my character in between dungeons, even though I haven't bought it from the shop.

Yeah, had a couple reports of this, I'll try to clean it up in a weekend patch.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
I did it! :toot:

Played through all the levels as the warrior using the biting frost sword and master potter's mail, both of which I dropped early and then saved up for. I'm pretty sure it was a horrible class choice for dealing with the summoning mushrooms as half the time I just ran away from them.
Final boss was basically me using shield+dervish a lot, running out of health potions and scrambling around for HP pillars, and then surma walking up to me in that corner so that their attacks didn't knock me back since I was against a wall and I could just shield and go to town.
Didn't actually unlock the 'beat surma on normal' achievement which I assume is a bug, but great final boss nonetheless.

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Fun Shoe

IronicDongz posted:

I did it! :toot:

Played through all the levels as the warrior using the biting frost sword and master potter's mail, both of which I dropped early and then saved up for. I'm pretty sure it was a horrible class choice for dealing with the summoning mushrooms as half the time I just ran away from them.
Final boss was basically me using shield+dervish a lot, running out of health potions and scrambling around for HP pillars, and then surma walking up to me in that corner so that their attacks didn't knock me back since I was against a wall and I could just shield and go to town.
Didn't actually unlock the 'beat surma on normal' achievement which I assume is a bug, but great final boss nonetheless.

Warrior's probably my favorite class. How many hours did it take you to power through? Seems like 4-10 for a single class depending on skill-level so far.

Unormal fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Oct 24, 2014

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Angry Diplomat posted:

I'm trying to get a 100% kill rate because I am stupid and hate myself :smithicide:

YAAMing AAo666? You'll be working on that run next year.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Unormal posted:

Warrior's probably my favorite class. How many hours did it take you to power through? Seems like 4-10 for a single class depending on skill-level so far.

:ocelot:

by the way if at any point you are adding additional classes, you should definitely add a Wrestler class which can throw enemies like yeti do

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Fun Shoe

IronicDongz posted:

:ocelot:

by the way if at any point you are adding additional classes, you should definitely add a Wrestler class which can throw enemies like yeti do

Yeah, that's a fast clear! Nice job. :D

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Beat Zone 3 in Necrodancer. Tackling Hardcore but currently unable to leave even Zone 1. Other than not getting hit, anyone have some advice for me please?

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

Artificer posted:

Beat Zone 3 in Necrodancer. Tackling Hardcore but currently unable to leave even Zone 1. Other than not getting hit, anyone have some advice for me please?

The later zones will be easier in Hardcore than they are in normal mode, simply because you'll be entering them with a lot of gear. Seriously, starting Zone 3 with dagger/shovel/bomb is pretty tough.

As for dealing with Hardcore mode, I guess the main thing is to remember to take advantage of digging. You can "pass" turns without losing your combo by spending those turns on digging, and there are often secret rooms in each level that are accessible only by digging and which may have free equipment. Remember you can bomb the shop walls for 10G per wall tile, too -- this makes affording things early on a lot easier.

If you ever see a secret room that's 3x3 and entirely surrounded by walls you can't dig with a basic shovel, there's a potion in that room. You want the potion; it's basically an extra life.

If there's a particular enemy you're having trouble with, unlock practice mode with that enemy. It took me awhile to work out how to deal with red dragons, and blue dragons still give me trouble.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

The best way to spot secret rooms, especially in Zone 1, is to watch the bottom edge of rooms you pass through. If there's a space on the other side of the wall, you'll see the wall on the south edge of the blocks there.

gently caress if I know how to pass Zone 3 without going through hardcore, jeez.

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008

Angry Diplomat posted:

Hahaha wow, I can't say ammochain would've been my first choice for that kind of run. Post the mortem when/if you get it done!

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

Just tried out Sproggiwood; it's neat! Great job, Unormal & team! :)

I listed some small nitpicks while playing (should I post these elsewhere instead?):
- Bug: I used one of those blue pillars to get a chest as a gift, but the chest spawned on top of the exit; I had no way to open it without leaving the level.
- Graphical issue: The red target icon goes behind walls & enemies - it took me a long time to figure out how to aim at a different enemy, because said enemy had a wall right below it so the red target icon was completely invisible.
- Graphical issue: The text in the speech bubble is vertically misaligned (I think?) See here: http://i.imgur.com/1yVameE.png
- I really really wish there was the option to play in Windowed mode!
- Also it'd be nice if I could change my targeting by clicking on the enemy I want to target; currently I can otherwise fully control the game by mouse.
- Could it be possible to have that thing where if I press and hold an arrow button, the character eventually starts moving continuously in that direction? Would make exploring the last bits of a cleared level easier.
- It's a bit strange that there's no Options/Settings -option in the main menu.

Overall it has been a really cute and enjoyable experience this far. :) Congratulations on the release!

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Fun Shoe

Hempuli posted:

- I really really wish there was the option to play in Windowed mode!

Thanks! :D

You can just hit alt+enter to get to windowed mode. I'll add a GUI toggle when I can make one work consistently :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Hempuli posted:

- It's a bit strange that there's no Options/Settings -option in the main menu.

I also thought this was kinda weird.