Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Buttcoin purse
Apr 24, 2014

Lucky it doesn't actually look like an ATM, or thieves would ram their car through the front door of your shop, steal it, then when they look inside be very disappointed that it's completely empty.

surebet posted:

please be rational actors and poo poo the thread up about monty hall

Fixed typo for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

quote:

Defendants cannot absolve themselves of
responsibility for the profit and yield
representations that came from the
profitability calculator simply b
ecause they did not create it.

The FTC doesn't know Jeff Ownby owns bitcoinx.com, the site that created the calculator that automatically plugged BFL hardware numbers into the calculator, and showed a 0.61% profitability decline per year.

from: http://ia902308.us.archive.org/32/items/gov.uscourts.mowd.117531/gov.uscourts.mowd.117531.42.0.pdf

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

The Management posted:

has anyone said buttcoin yet?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

you can't silence the truth!

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

dubzee posted:

I believe we’re now in the territory of ASIC heat being more efficient than traditional electric heating elements from a cost/btu standpoint. Play this out for a few years and we see the cloud moving to our baseboard heaters.

If you pay for your heat in NY – it probably pays to buy some ASICs. The value of bitcoin will go up or down, the hashrate similarly, but so does oil / gas. Right now it makes sense to heat with ASICs.

lol a 200gh/s miner will save you $30 a month (maximum) in heating costs for the low low upfront investment of one thousand dollars

Same Great Paste
Jan 14, 2006

Same Great Paste posted:

has anyone read the op yet?

Been here for 8 years without even a probation, then this thread... :mad:

:scax:

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

theflyingexecutive posted:

lol a 200gh/s miner will save you $30 a month (maximum) in heating costs for the low low upfront investment of one thousand dollars

yea but once you make that upfront investment you only have to make it again once every year in order to mine enough btc to offset the higher electricity costs!

im the two-way pegging :pervert:

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Same Great Paste posted:

Been here for 8 years without even a probation, then this thread... :mad:

:scax:

same. so much for my presidential aspirations.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

bucketmouse posted:

rotor 4 best mod

:agreed:

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

I’d make eye contact with him and fart. I did it all the time for like two years. I didn’t even know his full name, just heard that his coworkers thought he was a nut for complaining about “the guy who would fart on me in the break room”

haha you fuckin rear end kisser

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Citizen Tayne posted:

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

Heresiarch posted:

on topic

there's this anime that just finished up, directed by the guy who did cowboy bebop and other non-shameful stuff, it's called "terror in resonance" and it's basically about blowing up tokyo. the first couple of episodes featured stuff like tor and other tech security bits

then this happens in the fourth episode when the computer security section of the tokyo police are doing a presentation:

heresiarch did nothing wrong

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
hey guys what if Bitcoin was created

by Monty hall!!

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

i felt a strange presence just now

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
well it wasn't me I can tell you that brother

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

there right there i just felt it

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Mido posted:

heresiarch did nothing wrong

read the probation message Heresiarch got a different one from everyone else. Anyway, we've all done something wrong. We've all posted in yospos.

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Original (poster) Sin

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

Dren posted:

read the probation message Heresiarch got a different one from everyone else. Anyway, we've all done something wrong. We've all posted in yospos.

truly we are just stick drawings in sand

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

Friend Commuter posted:

you missed stoutfish

someone ban this snitch

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

stoutfish posted:

someone ban this snitch

tbqh you being probated is good because it gets rid of youre avatar for six hours

it's nt a bad avatar, i just can't help staring at it

and it stares back at me with that goofy look

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
BITCOINS LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Citizen Tayne posted:

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

kraftwerk singles posted:

BITCOINS LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

this

holylemon
May 24, 2004

Dude, have you ever touched a dolphin?

Fun Shoe

woozle wuzzle posted:

Attorneys have to take a dozen or so hours of coursework per year to maintain their license. It's typically done with online courses that you mute while doing other things. So I'm looking around for courses to take... when all of a sudden:

A 2 hour course about bitcoins, taught by some guy named Marco Santori.

I wonder what he looks like...

Of course.

This loving guy.

I listened to a bitcoin MCLE last month, given by some dude my firm found somewhere. The other presenter allegedly works with Lawsky but she never said anything. It was lame and not funny in any way.

The MtGox pitch call I was on the week Gox exploded, on the other hand, was hilarious. There were numerous references to fiat. That case probably would have been stupid and terrible with lots of contact with insufferable bitcoiners but I'm still sort of sad it never went anywhere.

wow this post is terrible and pointless!

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.
rotor was just doing his job and i am not bitter

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

holylemon posted:

wow this post is terrible and pointless!
much like everyone else's posting!!!

holylemon
May 24, 2004

Dude, have you ever touched a dolphin?

Fun Shoe

Soricidus posted:

much like everyone else's posting!!!

sweet

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Heresiarch posted:

rotor was just doing his job and i am not bitter

rotor did nothing wrong

BobHoward
Feb 13, 2012

The only thing white people deserve is a bullet to their empty skull
rotorooter'd

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
i had a kind of symmetry in my rap sheet and rotor hosed it up for nothing

thnaks rotor... not! t:mad:

Alliterate Addict
Jul 10, 2012

dreaming of that face again

it's bright and blue and shimmering

grinning wide and comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes

Sham bam bamina! posted:

i had a kind of symmetry in my rap sheet and rotor hosed it up for nothing

thnaks rotor... not! t:mad:

well now that you said that he's going to ban you instead of probating you three more times just to piss you off

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

LethalGeek posted:

https://twitter.com/aantonop/status/525718840898908160

i know those are english words but does that actually mean anything?

God look at the avatars in the comments.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Weatherman posted:

tbqh you being probated is good because it gets rid of youre avatar for six hours

it's nt a bad avatar, i just can't help staring at it

and it stares back at me with that goofy look

it's better than his old one

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

RZA Encryption posted:

God look at the avatars in the comments.

Question: is there a picture of a person that, when used as a bitcoiner's avatar, does not look stupid?

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?

ayn rand hand job posted:

it's better than his old one

its missing a bitcoin prison tat on the butte

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

kraftwerk singles posted:

:agreed:

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

theflyingexecutive posted:

what dumbass in any place where it gets cold cold for more than a week or so is heating with electric anyway?

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Shifty Pony posted:

what dumbass in any place where it gets cold cold for more than a week or so is heating with electric anyway?

a renter whose landlord chose to install electric heating

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Shifty Pony posted:

not all houses have gas lines going to them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp
there is a real commodity being overlooked in this whole decryption process i believe is being concealed. what is the blockchain, what is being decrypted, and why is every explanation veiled in ignorance or insincerity? i have a hunch the whole concept has darker connotations. it reeks of game theory.

• Locked thread