Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Baron Von Ghoulosh posted:

It sounds like Skeletonwitch with be performing without Chance for the remainder of the dates. This was posted to their Facebook page just a few hours ago...

"Lately there have been a lot of rumors, speculation, and assumptions,
regarding Skeletonwitch. We want to set the record straight.

Unfortunately, Chance is unable to finish out the tour as he has some
serious personal matters to attend to. We ask you to respect his and
our privacy regarding these matters.

This obviously left us with a very difficult decision to make and
we've decided to finish out the tour as a 4-piece.

We made the assumption that Skeletonwitch fans attending the shows
would rather see 4 of us ripping through our songs, than a piece of
paper on the door announcing our cancellation. If the first 2 shows
were any indication, we assumed correctly.

You have our sincerest apologies for not being able to bring you the
full show, and for canceling the stop in Albany.

We thank everyone for their understanding and their support now and in
the future.

Please come out to the remaining shows for riffs, beers, and hi-fives
with us. At the risk of sounding too sentimental, music is equally
important, if not more so, during rough times as well as the good.

Skeletonwitch is not going anywhere. See you soon."

Wait, isn't Chance the vocalist? Are they just doing it instrumental or is someone in the band stepping up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

Shakenbaker posted:

Wait, isn't Chance the vocalist? Are they just doing it instrumental or is someone in the band stepping up?

Instrumental.

a retard
Jan 7, 2013

by Lowtax
There's a stream for the new Obituary album. Fuckin' rips.

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Hmm, that'll certainly be different. Dude is certainly an animated frontman and holds a mean orange.

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!

Aka the entire crowd will be doing vocals

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

I was going to Charlotte this Friday, but I'll probably skip it now. Chance is my favorite part of seeing Skeletonwitch, and I was honestly more excited to see them than Amon Amarth. And at $35 + fees, I really gotta pick my battles.

What a bummer.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
God drat, the new Audrey Horne album is so, so GOOD. Just loving brilliant melodic hard rock from start to finish. Every single goddamn song is great in one way or another.

Sadly there's only a couple songs off it on Youtube. Here's one that has some bloody awesome Iron Maiden worship going on after the halfway mark. Those guitar harmonies, man. gently caress.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShuaLjOH3Zk

EDIT: Screw it, here's also a repost of that single track because hey, Johan Hegg with funny puppets!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBNxQWfx8gw

Nordick fucked around with this message at 12:00 on Oct 22, 2014

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Dead Man Posting posted:

more portland metal

speaking of portland metal, i've had the great pleasure of discovering these guys:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HzVVcPJoRE

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Nordick posted:

God drat, the new Audrey Horne album is so, so GOOD. Just loving brilliant melodic hard rock from start to finish. Every single goddamn song is great in one way or another.

Sadly there's only a couple songs off it on Youtube. Here's one that has some bloody awesome Iron Maiden worship going on after the halfway mark. Those guitar harmonies, man. gently caress.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShuaLjOH3Zk

EDIT: Screw it, here's also a repost of that single track because hey, Johan Hegg with funny puppets!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBNxQWfx8gw

I've gone through this album a few times and it really is good. I don't think it's breaking new ground but it's catchy and enjoyable. Plus Out of the City has those Thin Lizzy guitar harmonies rocking and honestly everything should have that :colbert:

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!

Shakenbaker posted:

I've gone through this album a few times and it really is good. I don't think it's breaking new ground but it's catchy and enjoyable. Plus Out of the City has those Thin Lizzy guitar harmonies rocking and honestly everything should have that :colbert:

Holy poo poo you're not kidding. Waiting for the Night is so catchy

edit: hell yeah full album's on spotify

Fiendish Dr. Wu fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Oct 22, 2014

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker

Nordick posted:

Ya it's really good! Very catchy and riffy without being repetitive.

Tac Dibar
Apr 7, 2009

Swedish AC/DC/Accept amalgams Bullet seem to have released a new album. The video for Riding High is pretty great imo:

http://youtu.be/4ks1IMH7P-4

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Gonna grab that album when I get home. You throw in Thin Lizzy style dual harmonies and im loving melting. Love that stuff!

TeamJesus
Sep 21, 2006

He died for your sins...
Now he's back for your
BRAINS!
The new Anaal Nathrakh album is out, and It. Is. Awesome.

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.

TeamJesus posted:

Oh my loving god this is awesome. AWESOME.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.
Has anyone released anything like Ephel Duath's The Painter's Palette in the past ten years?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

TeamJesus posted:

Stream's here:

http://www.revolvermag.com/news/anaal-nathrakh-premiere-new-album-desideratum.html

Gonna listen to it right now.

Just finished it, not groundbreaking or a drastic departure from their old stuff but it's really good. Whoever said "anaal nathrakh are really good at writing the same song over and over again" is strangely right.

Spanish Manlove fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Oct 24, 2014

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Yeah this is basically Vanitas Pt 2. After hearing the first couple of songs they released I was afraid it was going to sound kinda stale, but listening to the whole thing I'm digging it a lot.

deadking
Apr 13, 2006

Hello? Charlemagne?!

Spanish Manlove posted:

Just finished it, not groundbreaking or a drastic departure from their old stuff but it's really good. Whoever said "anaal nathrakh are really good at writing the same song over and over again" is strangely right.

Yeah, what Anaal Nathrakh do best (in my opinion, catchy riffs and clean vocal choruses) they do really well on this album. Frustratingly, this is paired with some of the dumbest industrial and techno elements they've ever used. All things considered, it's a solid album with some good tracks, but ever since In the Constellation of the Black Widow I've resigned myself to buying AN albums for 3-4 songs which I really like.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

TeamJesus posted:

I really liked their previous album, def checking this out when I get home.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
I hadn't heard the newish Battle Beast album yet.

Not as awful as I thought it would be, but then again I really like Hybria and Katana.

nomapple
Apr 27, 2012
Decapitated have been in another crash. None of them are seriously injured, but 2 are in hospital. Those dudes have the worst luck :(

Also, this is the first Nathrakh album I'm really not enjoying. The electronic elements on this record sound reeeeally naff, in my opinion. There are actually bits that remind me of Illud Divinum Insanus. Pretty crushed, because I've loved everything else they've done. I feel like they need to shake things up a bit on the next album, I really don't like the direction they're headed in.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
I've tried several times to get into Anaal Nathrakh. I listened to half that album and realized this still just isn't going to happen for me. There's good stuff here and there but never at any point could I say it was put together well, and I'm still left trying to figure out what exactly they were trying to do with most of those songs. Good musicians, but it just doesn't work for me.

The industrial stuff also just feels so tacked-on. Then again I'm a huge industrial fan ever since the days of 80s Skinny Puppy so I may just be expecting too much. Either way, AN has just never worked for me, as much as I've always hoped it would.

In other news, apparently we're about a month or so out from a new Enslaved album. I don't think there are words to describe how excited I am. The gods of all things metal are about to bless us with more of their incredible amazing poo poo.

I'm going to just apologize now for how much I'm going to gush all over every goddamn thing when this album comes out, because it's going to happen and dear god it's going to be awesome. I loving love Enslaved.

Fenrir fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Oct 25, 2014

Dyscrasia
Jun 23, 2003
Give Me Hamms Premium Draft or Give Me DEATH!!!!

El Estrago Bonito posted:

I hadn't heard the newish Battle Beast album yet.

Not as awful as I thought it would be, but then again I really like Hybria and Katana.

Curious... Does this band have a female singer? If so, am I imagining things or does she sound like blackie from wasp?

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Dyscrasia posted:

Curious... Does this band have a female singer? If so, am I imagining things or does she sound like blackie from wasp?

Yes, and yes.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

Misogynist posted:

Has anyone released anything like Ephel Duath's The Painter's Palette in the past ten years?

I sure hope not.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Dyscrasia posted:

Their main vocalist is female yeah, but their guitarist (male) also does some lead vocals in some songs and he has this kinda Udo Dirkschneider-y rasp thing going.
EDIT: For example, he sings the chorus in this song, from 0:50 onwards: http://youtu.be/0LSHF73w_eo?t=45s

Also, they had a different female main vocalist on their first album.

And furthermore they're releasing a new album in January I think. Looking forward to it, they're a fun band.

Nordick fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Oct 25, 2014

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Based on the new Nathrakh, its pure poo poo. This is a far cry from the filth of Codex Necro. gently caress this trash.

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012
Codex Necro doesn't have as much detail to its soundscape as Axis of Perdition's first album, but it's a pretty good, ferocious album. Everything Nathrakh did after that just strikes me as limp and tame - I don't understand how people are calling it the most hateful poo poo ever when it's so full of melodeath riffs and clean vocal choruses.

funeral fag
Jun 23, 2004

Gamma Nerd posted:

Codex Necro doesn't have as much detail to its soundscape as Axis of Perdition's first album, but it's a pretty good, ferocious album. Everything Nathrakh did after that just strikes me as limp and tame - I don't understand how people are calling it the most hateful poo poo ever when it's so full of melodeath riffs and clean vocal choruses.

It's spit-shined, inoffensive entry-level black metal for people who don't have the time or interest to really get into the genre. It's no surprise they're doing so well.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
I literally only listen to Speedwolf

H13
Nov 30, 2005

Fun Shoe
This is fuckloads better than anything Anal Nathrak ever did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-b9kA1hvf4

nomapple
Apr 27, 2012

nerve posted:

Doing it right. Speaking of which, the new Midnight Record has grown on me loads. Wasn't that enamoured at first, but I've been listening to it tons recently, along with High Spirits.

fuf
Sep 12, 2004

haha
Just when I thought I was done with tech death...they pull me back in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JEkke5Tnf4

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

nerve posted:

But when is the new album coming out? :(

And if people want some stuff that is pure hatred just check out this stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dt6p0TldOlw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuF_RP6Aayk

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Remember when I said Revocation sound cool but I immediately forget everything I just heard when I'm listening to them? Deathless was no different.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Could anybody please recommend any bands similar to In Mourning? Until recently, I hadn't really listened to anything heavier than power metal, but I stumbled upon The Weight of Oceans and ended up really digging it.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
In Mourning are very notably influenced by Opeth.

super size soft serve
Aug 28, 2011

You think I'm fat, but it's an optical illusion.

Went to see Beastmilk and In Solitude last night and it was an awesome show. The sound during the opening act (Villainy) was pretty bad, with the drums being way too loud in the mix, and the band itself was also quite bad. They switched way too much between styles and the few good ideas that they did have never got worked into a full song.

Beastmilk was absolutely awesome, though, and it was a blast to see them live. Kvohst is a very charismatic man on-stage and his vocals were top notch. Luckily the sound was a lot better during Beastmilk (and In Solitude) otherwise I would have been upset. Beastmilk dedicated Genocidal Crush to In Solitude and especially their lead singer Pelle, so Kvohst had everyone sing "Pellecidal Crush" instead of the regular lyrics, which was cute.

In Solitude were also really good live, although I was annoyed by the fact that there was almost 40 minutes in between the two bands which seemed somewhat overlong. They had a nice stage setup with flowers and a ton of incense. The set that they played was good, but I would have liked more songs off their first album. That album is actually my favourite and I only remember them playing Witches Sabbath. Nevertheless, In Solitude played a very solid show and they're really come a long way since I first saw them just after they released their first album.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
New Ne Obliviscaris stream :getin: