Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Like I said the last time we had this chat, Gundam X is the greatest grunt. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Look, BB, just because you mass produce them doesn't make it canon.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

They were canonically mass produced! Same with the Leopard and the Airmaster actually.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Wait, seriously? poo poo. I should really watch something outside of UC/AC.

Suzaku
Feb 15, 2012

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Yep!

And not only is Gundam X the best grunt, it's also the best Bit!

Gundam X is awesome, is what I'm saying here.

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

Should do fine against cats.

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Yeah Gundam X starts off with a whole blockade of X's satellite cannon'ing a fleet of poo poo into oblivion in the first episode.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Poison Mushroom posted:

I've always been really partial to the Gespenst Mk. II from Super Robot Wars/Taisen. Sadly, I haven't been able to find a kit for one in years, as its US popularity waned back before I was old and mature enough to have my own disposable income.

I was gonna say I've got two, the blue one (which is real old and sucks) and the black Albero Est one with the two mode cannon (which rules, and they do a green version) but then I realized I got those like 4 years ago Jesus where does the time go when you're building robits. Anyway, ebay has both flavours of the good one (green and black). They're sort of MG size because Gundams are tiny compared to Gespensts, check dalong or whatever.

KoB
May 1, 2009

EthanSteele posted:

I was gonna say I've got two, the blue one (which is real old and sucks) and the black Albero Est one with the two mode cannon (which rules, and they do a green version) but then I realized I got those like 4 years ago Jesus where does the time go when you're building robits. Anyway, ebay has both flavours of the good one (green and black). They're sort of MG size because Gundams are tiny compared to Gespensts, check dalong or whatever.

Gespensts are Nu/Turn A sized, 20ish meters.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

KoB posted:

Gespensts are Nu/Turn A sized, 20ish meters.

Yeah, everso slightly shorter than the tallest Gundams. They're just the right size to fit in with either scale and not look weird. My holy grail right now is the 1/144 DyGenGuar.

JimmyBiskit
Nov 15, 2007
Picked up the white Ginkei ship from Ikaruga to match the black Ikaruga I built a month ago. Some progress pictures from today:

The instructions don't really make mention of it, but the parts at the bottom of this picture require glue/cement to stick together properly, and holy poo poo was it difficult to get everything to sit together right. The pieces didn't sit as flush as they should, so I had a hell of a time getting them together.

At the very least, I got one side done today. Going to make a run for some paints I need and finish construction tomorrow.

And a picture of the Ikaruga, cause why not?

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
I don't know what Ikaruga is, but that concept art on the front of the box is awesome.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Razzled posted:

I don't know what Ikaruga is, but that concept art on the front of the box is awesome.

It's a top-down arcade shooter that is hard as hell and really fun. It's on Steam.

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

BlitzBlast posted:

Like I said the last time we had this chat, Gundam X is the greatest grunt. :colbert:

The F91 Gundam was mass produced as well.

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

SVMS-01 UNION FLAG GREATEST MOBILE SUIT

ENACT = CHEAP EUROTRASH COPY

The best grunt mobile suit design is the Union loving Flag from Gundam 00. It doesn't need no loving space hippy particle power source, it runs on AMERICAN (also Japanese) PRIDE.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
So I picked up a G-Self and when did they start using numbers for the sticker sheet?

Goodbye referring to that one symbol as a sideways smiling face

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

So I'm on a bit of a muv luv kick, and I thought I might try my hand at some of the 1/144s Kotobukiya kits. Are they worth half a drat or am I better off going with figures?

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

They're supposed to be pretty good, I think? I've kind of heard mixed reviews about them compared to the nonscales.

The figures are probably better than either though.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Well sure figures are usually gonna be higher quality but I mean, do they stack up at all against HGs? What's the different between them and the no scales (aside from, obviously, the scale)

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DamnGlitch posted:

So I'm on a bit of a muv luv kick, and I thought I might try my hand at some of the 1/144s Kotobukiya kits. Are they worth half a drat or am I better off going with figures?
they can be found cheaply enough to experiment on, just buy one and find out
they are great, but some of the parts are smaller than im used to with MGs. Stay away from the su-37 because that cool paint job is 1000000000 tiny decals

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
it's actually 2000000000 tiny decals. i'm going to kill myself when i do that kit.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
There's a better look at the Mock Armory up. I'm kinda disappointed the hammer's a short-handled job, I just want a big-rear end long-handled two-handed sledgehammer :sigh:. The gatling gun also looks a bit too chunky with the vertical ammo drums on either side.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
I wonder if the Mock, Grimoire, and Gundam Titus are all physically compatible with the Ball...

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Well, poo poo, looks like the 1/100 Xi got pushed back a month. In exchange though, they released some out-of-the-box shots of it, and god drat.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

I am pretty sure that thing is too big to fit on any of my desks.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Is there an easy way to use an action base for a flat-footed pose? I just want to use it to help prop up MG 00 Raiser because he's so goddamn back heavy, I don't want him flying or anything.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Just attach it a low angle or prop up some heavy part with it, It's what I did for my MG Exia before I fixed the hips.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I've got it at the lowest angle I can with the support. I might tray taking that out and just having him flat-footed with the main arm propping him up under the waist, though.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Literally The Worst posted:

I've got it at the lowest angle I can with the support. I might tray taking that out and just having him flat-footed with the main arm propping him up under the waist, though.

Replace the support arm with a piece of the runner the action base came on(or any other straight piece of runner). All you have to do is cut it to the right size and it'll work perfect.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

I had no idea this was coming out: http://www.hlj.com/product/WAVKM-11

Really makes me want to learn to paint better :swoon:

Null of Undefined
Aug 4, 2010

I have used 41 of 300 characters allowed.

TaurusOxford posted:

Replace the support arm with a piece of the runner the action base came on(or any other straight piece of runner). All you have to do is cut it to the right size and it'll work perfect.

Sand those nubs son

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL

Zedd posted:

I had no idea this was coming out: http://www.hlj.com/product/WAVKM-11

Really makes me want to learn to paint better :swoon:

where's my 1/144 space colony, the size of a small town?

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Still seriously contemplating dropping the cash on half a dozen Mocks and building a tiny army of mediocrity.

John Carstairs
Nov 18, 2007
Space Detective
The best part is that this plan could still cost you less than a single Master Grade. :v:

HairSlut
Nov 29, 2011

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Still seriously contemplating dropping the cash on half a dozen Mocks and building a tiny army of mediocrity. Awesome.

fixed that for you :v:

im going to buy so many mocks and mock weapons i could field an army

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Still seriously contemplating dropping the cash on half a dozen Mocks and building a tiny army of mediocrity.

I want to see people buying dozens of mocks and just making stupid clones of iconic kits but in mock form.

Like give one a zaku shoulder shield, the commander antenna and paint it Char red.

or give another the V-fin, trim, and fin funnels from a Nu Gundam.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
is anyone else a massive retard and buy the rg astraea type f? mine just shipped

John Carstairs
Nov 18, 2007
Space Detective

Pyronic posted:

I want to see people buying dozens of mocks and just making stupid clones of iconic kits but in mock form.

Like give one a zaku shoulder shield, the commander antenna and paint it Char red.

or give another the V-fin, trim, and fin funnels from a Nu Gundam.

Their forearm guard thingies are tempting me to just paint one solid gold. Back off, assholes. This knockoff just reached a serene state of mind.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

John Carstairs posted:

Their forearm guard thingies are tempting me to just paint one solid gold. Back off, assholes. This knockoff just reached a serene state of mind.

Looking at it, I'm curious to see if those end pieces on the shoulders have a polycap or at least a peg slot behind them. The wrist guards definitely look like they're hiding a tab to slot stuff into, along with the tiny hip guards on the waist. The black inset pieces on the shins might too, if they're actual pieces and not just paint (the Build Burning Gundam does the same thing). There's almost definitely going to be the usual twin peg slots behind the backpack, so if all that aligns it's going to be quite the customizable Mock.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

My metallic green finally came in, and I barely managed to finish spraying everything before it started raining.

Then I realized I forgot to paint the psychoframe in the torso and head. :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Carstairs
Nov 18, 2007
Space Detective

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Looking at it, I'm curious to see if those end pieces on the shoulders have a polycap or at least a peg slot behind them. The wrist guards definitely look like they're hiding a tab to slot stuff into, along with the tiny hip guards on the waist. The black inset pieces on the shins might too, if they're actual pieces and not just paint (the Build Burning Gundam does the same thing). There's almost definitely going to be the usual twin peg slots behind the backpack, so if all that aligns it's going to be quite the customizable Mock.

The text in the images I've seen does say it has 3mm holes in its "various parts" for customization, but doesn't specify exactly which parts those are. I had kind of assumed until further confirmation those black bits were in fact covers for them as well.

• Locked thread