Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Dr. Honked posted:

i'm a fictitious sex slave, a whore if you will *doffs fedora* but i try to make the best of it. the best part of my day is when a "john" tells me about "bitcoin". i live for those precious moments.

please continue posting my secret bdsm fantasies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
im a hooker with a heart of bitcoin (AMA)

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

The new dude writing the buttcoin articles is actually a bitcoiner.

There is no Korean dude. He is the Korean dude.

He claimed to be a real journalist to wiggle his way into buttcoin and use it as a soapbox to steal bitcoins.

He walks away with 50 bitcoins and the good name of buttcoin is forever muddied.

He wasn't reporting on the poop. He want touching the poop. He is the poop.

suffix
Jul 27, 2013

Wheeee!
as a human sex trafficking victim, and as a regular reader of /r/bitcoin,

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

The Management posted:

we need a metabutt site to cover the happenings at buttcoin

killhamster
Apr 15, 2004

SCAMMER

Powershift posted:

He claimed to be a real journalist to wiggle his way into buttcoin and use it as a soapbox to steal bitcoins.

He walks away with 50 bitcoins and the good name of buttcoin is forever muddied.

we are all the poop

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

killhamster posted:

we are all the poop

you are what you post

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

killhamster posted:

we are all the poop

all posters are poop

but some posters are more poop than others

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
it's pretty clear that buttcoin has been infiltrated by paid shills by organizations determined to destroy its reputation and pump bitcoins.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
this is about ethics in butt journalism #buttgate

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag
it's clear as day. buttcoin has been infiltrated by north korea

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Powershift posted:

Nice!

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

surebet posted:

you either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself staring at monty hall's goats

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
so has that article been deleted off buttcoin yet or is it going to be? im asking for a friend

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

killhamster posted:

we are all the poop

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
oh my god every particle of this is horrible, of all the things to catch up to in a thread

fckgw and killhamster please fire this idiot and post an apology for his horseshit asap

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag
laffs for the laffchain

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

ban everyone involved with buttcoin imo

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

you guys don't like long rambling articles with links to random unrelated things? :(

Antlerhill
Nov 6, 2012

Smellrose

Robawesome posted:

I had one seller who began to meet me regularly, act like an ordinary John on until we got to the room, and then just educate me for the hour about bitcoin.

i'd rather just get hosed than have to listen to a bitcoiner for an hour

also laff at the new buttcoin guy
like what the gently caress does he think the korean consulate is going to do?

InShaneee
Aug 11, 2006

Cleanse them. Cleanse the world of their ignorance and sin. Bathe them in the crimson of ... am I on speakerphone?
Fun Shoe
stay tuned for tomorrow's buttcoin foundation update, where we find out that the south korean embassy said they'd "look into it", and that moolah is in big trouble now!

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

ban everyone involved with buttcoin imo

you just don't get metahumor

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

I told the guy the article sucks and he agreed and feels bad so as far as I'm concerned its in the wiki and there's nothing more to be done

FCKGW fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Oct 27, 2014

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we have sealed ourselves away behind our money, growing inward, generating a seamless universe of self.

FCKGW posted:

I told the guy the article sucks and he agreed and feels bad so as far as I'm concerned its in the wiki

the guy has a bitcoin donation link on his webpage (it doesn't go to an eater address), what did you think was going to happen?

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.
please delete that embarrassing poo poo, christ

admitting to our errors in judgment and then fixing them is what makes us better than the cultists

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
delete post probate op gas thread ban op permaban op close forum shut down forums server incarcerate lowtax depopulate missouri dissolve the united states break off north america release the ice ix smash the earth into jupiter supernova the sun collide the milky way galaxy with andromeda trigger the vacuum metastability event

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

uh oh what the hell happened

I only clicked this thread to see if bfl was in jail yet

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Bananalogue posted:

delete post probate op gas thread ban op permaban op close forum shut down forums server incarcerate lowtax depopulate missouri dissolve the united states break off north america release the ice ix smash the earth into jupiter supernova the sun collide the milky way galaxy with andromeda trigger the vacuum metastability event

not far enough imho

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
hire michio kaku to develop ways to destroy the multiverse

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

FCKGW posted:

OK so I glanced at the original article a while ago but really read it more and the follow up today and I'm not sure I'm on-board with the content of it

I've always though of Buttcoin as a "observe and report" blog, Don't touch the poop (which is why we don't take Bitcoin donations) and don't champion for certain sides. The Moolah saga has lots of angles but taking the angle of some dude who might off himself is depressing and not the tone I like to see on the site. This guy has plenty of outlets if he's looking for sides but the whole Bitcoin ecosystem is filled to the brim with nothing but scammers that geting involved in stuff like this can backfire on the site in a big way. I'm not trying to say that Buttcoin should have "journalistic integrity" like we're a major news org, but when it involves taking up pitchforks against someone in a he-said she said situation, especially in Bitcoin, it's going to end up blowing up in our face.

I'm all for long-form stuff as well as short, newsey/look what happened today/dumb comment of the day stuff, but getting involved in disputes or people's lives is not where I think i want to go.

lol what the gently caress were you thinking

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.

Bananalogue posted:

vonnegut ref, pro post

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

the buttlaffs are coming from inside the house

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

wait who actually owns buttcoin foundation. I assumed it was fckgw

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

If he was just a scam artist, he’s still owed a lot of money, and all I did was help him get some of it back.

lmfao

InShaneee
Aug 11, 2006

Cleanse them. Cleanse the world of their ignorance and sin. Bathe them in the crimson of ... am I on speakerphone?
Fun Shoe
it's a distributed anonymous corporation, duh. we're all the buttcoin foundation.

TVarmy
Sep 11, 2011

like food and water, my posting has no intrinsic value

buttcoin is revolutionary in that anyone can post anything, apparently.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

the only way to rectify this is to kill him op

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Heresiarch posted:

please delete that embarrassing poo poo, christ

admitting to our errors in judgment and then fixing them is what makes us better than the cultists

You forgot the #buttgate

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Dren posted:

You forgot the #buttgate

i don't want to be even vaguely associated with any of that thank you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

i dont even own a bitcoin

• Locked thread