Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

they plugged the website in older games, why not?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Mayostard posted:

What's next for the sake of realism, incessant Network ads?

I'll be honest, I'll be disappointed if there isn't commentary that mentions the Network for $9.99

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Blast Fantasto posted:

Yeah pretty much all modern sports games have product placement ads on replay screens / arenas. It's really not so bad as the ads are generally located where they would be in real life so it's somewhat immersive.

UFC has sponsorship ads so integrated into their product that it'd be weird if the octagon in the games wasn't plastered with them

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Mayostard posted:

What's next for the sake of realism, incessant Network ads?

You can disable this feature for only nine ninety-nine.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Astro7x posted:

Noticed this in the footage from the PS3 version of the game

Full price game, over priced DLC, and now there are advertisements in the match? gently caress that.

Why would you even use a bot to play this game...

That was in 2k14 dude

MisterGBH
Dec 6, 2010

Eric Bischoff is full of shit
Does anyone else have a feeling that some current stars and legends will be in superstar heads? Mick Foley for one due to being in the Triple H/Nash HITC. They did it last year with Piper, Mankind and Heyman.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
I'm still surprised that Del Rio is in the card game.

TealShark
Mar 22, 2004

I shall duck behind that little garbage car.
I'm shocked they haven't tried to pull something like "get an exclusive, free Goldberg 2K15 downloadable character if you subscribe to the WWE Network!" yet.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
That would imply they can manage a co-promotion with 2K beyond advertising the game on TV. I have no faith.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

:rip: Summer Rae

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you

haha what the christ :psyduck:

Mayostard
Apr 21, 2007

In the Chamber of Understanding

VoLaTiLe posted:

haha what the christ :psyduck:

She had bonitis... :(

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Last gen 2k15 is apparently very stripped down according to reddit

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

that's not much of a surprise, I'm honestly surprised they bothered at all and would bet it's purely current-gen next year

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

quote:

A few of the notable Overall ratings: John Cena, 96; Sheamus, 93; Stone Cold, 90

:laffo:

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Cardboard Box posted:

that's not much of a surprise, I'm honestly surprised they bothered at all and would bet it's purely current-gen next year
And provided there aren't any spectacular flameouts, next year's will be loaded with indie royalty, at least on the NXT side.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Sounds about right for the last-gen stuff. Shame about the removal of create-a-whatever, I wonder if that's getting cut from next-gen too? And with the expanding featured content every year they just keep chipping away at generic CAW-tailored stuff like entrances and music.

Interesting about the Universe changes, they sound good from here. We'll see how they play in a few days, I suppose.

* - also looks like there's youtube footage of the last-gen stuff already. Looks just about the same as 2k14 but Reign's corner spear has a little more thump to it at least.

here's the roster, not counting the NXT guys (and maybe Rocky?). Two Del Rios, which is two more than we actually have.

Basic Chunnel fucked around with this message at 12:52 on Oct 26, 2014

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

I am utterly baffled at the removal of Create a Finisher.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Davros1 posted:

Well, it was a nice idea at the time but animations don't really flow together, damage is generally minimal and it's open to abuse online. I'd be fine with them removing it for a year and bringing it back in an improved fashion. I'll miss the hell out of the crazy aerial/top rope moves and my Samoan Unprettier finisher though....

The removal of story designer, custom music and all the preset entrances is the baffling bit...

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Perigryn posted:

Well, it was a nice idea at the time but animations don't really flow together, damage is generally minimal and it's open to abuse online. I'd be fine with them removing it for a year and bringing it back in an improved fashion. I'll miss the hell out of the crazy aerial/top rope moves and my Samoan Unprettier finisher though....

The removal of story designer, custom music and all the preset entrances is the baffling bit...

Yeah, the preset entrances is weird too. I'm assuming they at least kept Create an Entrance?

canada jezus
Jul 18, 2011

So for ea ufc, unlocking bruce lee is "completing career mode on hard", so just any completion of hard or do you need hall of fame? Also is this somethings that's doable or will a cheating ai send me running for cover, screaming and sobbing.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

quote:

Default Champions: Lesnar - WWE World Heavyweight Champion - "Brock comes out with just the WWE title, shows the big gold belt, but doesn't actually have it"
:lol: holy christ.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.
In SuperCard, I now have two Epic Pro Cesaros. I guess having one on the bench to swap between matches is nice.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Davros1 posted:

Once they introduced online multiplayer it was destined to be cut, honestly. For all the slack I tend to cut the devs they never really tried to get it down. At first your moves were as powerful as they were long, so you'd go online and get obliterated with a nutshot-nutshot-nutshot-nutshot-nutshot-superkick finisher. So then they completely nerfed them, not that it stopped Russian hackers from breaking the system again for online play. After that they were completely useless against the AI - you had a better chance of pinning a dude after hitting a standard signature than a custom finisher. They actually made your opponents kick out at 2 when virtually anything else would put them down. No matter how brutal it looked, it was the Angle Slam at its nadir of kayfabe power.

So yeah, it's no great loss. It'll suck to no longer have the ability to give your guys the Angel's Wings or a powerbomb facebuster or that weird Gory Bomb / Dominator hybrid or a chokebreaker or that hilarious chokeslam variant where you basically throw them into a backflip, but even when you could they were only good as transition moves. The Angel's Wings should not be a transition move.

Basic Chunnel fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Oct 26, 2014

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Basic Chunnel posted:

that hilarious chokeslam variant where you basically throw them into a backflip

Oh man, this was the best.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

what a piece of poo poo

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
Dammit, now I'm going to have to buy a PS4 :sigh:

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

I cancelled my preorder for the PS3, and to be honest, and am glad I did. Because really, the roster for this game really kind of sucks.

ExMortis
Feb 14, 2012

Let's RUNNING!! :ussr:
Sorry guys but every reward at every tier of People's Champion has been replaced by a single common Bray Wyatt

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Davros1 posted:

I cancelled my preorder for the PS3, and to be honest, and am glad I did. Because really, the roster for this game really kind of sucks.

Every roster feels like a downgrade since WWE 13 with the Attitude Era guys.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Summer Rae is literally every female superhero.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i remember that spider woman cover

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

John Cena posted:

i remember that spider woman cover

I don't! Or that there was a spider woman. It's just that every female superhero always finds a way to get their boobs and their butt in the frame at once and maybe their face so they always do capoeira kicks or weaponized twisting backflips or looking behind themselves saucily.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

RacistGuidingLight posted:

they always do capoeira kicks or weaponized twisting backflips or looking behind themselves saucily.
Let's not bring John Morrison into this

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Astro7x posted:

At least Goldust and DDP are back (well, DDP DLC :/)

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

Astro7x posted:

Is the roster the same on next gen? I'm not sure how excited I can be about all those Del Rios.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I have a gift card earmarked for this but I think we're going to use it for beef jerky or something else instead. I'll just have to cross my fingers even harder for a PC release.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

2K16 will be a piece of paper with "game" written on it

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

2K16 will be a piece of paper with "game" written on it

Actually just "gam_" and the E is DLC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

I just hope the ps4 version is the full fledged game proper. If Story creator was cut from the ps4 version as well that would be all sorts of messed up.