Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

25 years ago today, Pretty Hate Machine was released.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCZdqMU9leg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.
Speaking of Trent's coke and booze years, this always makes me laugh.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

Mishaco posted:

I would have much preferred 'And All That Could Have Been' on Fragile over Starfuckers.
SF was fine as a B-Side on the World Went Away single.
I would have much preferred 'And All That Could Have Been' on Fragile over Starfuckers.
SF was fine as a B-Side on the World Went Away single. There it was just a fun and fine song.

I know this is probably just some phone posting mishap, but it reads like some sort of bizarre poem. What does it all mean?

ballgameover.mp3
Oct 21, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRKsF17wY30

Found a familiar logo in Marilyn Manson's least awful single in 10+ years. I know there's know way, but my heart sinks at the thought of collaboration.

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.

Nail Rat posted:

I know this is probably just some phone posting mishap, but it reads like some sort of bizarre poem. What does it all mean?

It's about cocaine.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Wild T posted:

It's about cocaine.

It's a hell of a the perfect drug.

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

LordPants posted:

It's a hell of a the perfect drug.

No, you are.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Marilyn Mansons new single posted:

It's about cocaine.

ballgameover.mp3
Oct 21, 2008
Lead single off of his new 7-track album: 7EVEИ Day Binge

Tracklisting:
1. First Day of a Seven Day Binge
2. Second Day of a Seven Day Binge
3. Third Day of a Seven Day Binge
4. Fourth Day of a Seven Day Binge
5. Fifth Day of a Seven Day Binge
6. Sixth Day of a Seven Day Binge
7. Seventh Day of a Seven Day Binge

(Bonus track: Mechanical Whorefuck ft. Chris Brown)

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Imagine if Reznor had never cleaned up and just kept doing the same thing he had been. You could imagine this..or you could listen to MMs new album.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

ballgameover.mp3 posted:

Lead single off of his new 7-track album: 7EVEИ Day Binge

Tracklisting:
1. First Day of a Seven Day Binge
2. Second Day of a Seven Day Binge
3. Third Day of a Seven Day Binge
4. Fourth Day of a Seven Day Binge
5. Fifth Day of a Seven Day Binge
6. Sixth Day of a Seven Day Binge
7. Seventh Day of a Seven Day Binge

(Bonus track: Mechanical Whorefuck ft. Chris Brown)

I don't be happy until I'm blasting Pussygrinder ft. Sheryl Crow from every possible stereo.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Inspector_666 posted:

I don't be happy until I'm blasting Pussygrinder ft. Sheryl Crow from every possible stereo.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I want that face to be my next avatar.

obeyasia
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer

This is becoming "the cake is a lie lolollllo" of NIN fans. It's been 5 years guys.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Thank you for addressing that post of a joke. It almost went three days without being told if it was funny or not.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

obeyasia posted:

This is becoming "the cake is a lie lolollllo" of NIN fans. It's been 5 years guys.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Mariqueen posted this on Instagram a couple hours ago, haha:

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

I'm glad he's friends with Richard Patrick again. I saw Filter at some point during the tour for their second album and Patrick was talking poo poo about Trent during the entire show. It was really pathetic.

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer
There's a new interview with Trent posted by Billboard - http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/6304122/trent-reznor-talks-nine-inch-nails-scoring-gone-girl-apple-project

There's a big segment on the Gone Girl soundtrack, but he mentions the future of NIN and touring now that he'll be fifty years old next year. Also, his role with Beats/Apple after the acquisition.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Wow, it's hard to believe they initially brought in a different producer for Hesitation Marks.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Its hilarious that Trent says that he doesn't want to talk poo poo, but it feels like he really wanted to. :lol:

Mishaco
May 4, 2005

Sorry, no phone posting from this corner.

I don't have a smart phone....or texts.....or um anything. My phone just does calls.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Strobelight will always be funny and there will never be a point where I wouldn't kill if it meant being able to make Pussygrinder (featuring Sheryl Crow) a reality.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

The best part of this is how obviously and unashamedly he is feeling her up.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

That picture seriously looks like it could've been taken in the early 00s, based on everyone's hair and fashion choices.

Maybe they were at an early 00s party?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

they're just dressing like the last time most of them were relevant

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

John Cena posted:

they're just dressing like the last time most of them were relevant

People dressed like that in 1994?

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

I like how even though Robert Patrick's face has gotten fat as he's aged, Richard Patrick's face has, if anything, gotten even more angular and gaunt.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

LordPants posted:

People dressed like that in 1994?

I know the joke you are making here, but yes plenty of people did dress like that in 1994.

Filter did not even become relevant until 95 btw

Mishaco
May 4, 2005

Who all are in the photo?

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Mishaco posted:

Owned

ballgameover.mp3
Oct 21, 2008

Mishaco posted:

Hey, what's up, Misha? Definitely Trent Reznor, Mariqueen, Richard Patrick are present. Looks like also Trent Vanegas...maybe Eric Avery? and that's all I know.

Edit: Also, looks like Rob taking the picture + Tamar Levine on the left? Idk. People are old and making faces.

ballgameover.mp3 fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Nov 1, 2014

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...
When do we see a picture like that with Chris Vrenna?

Mishaco
May 4, 2005

haah thanks....was just curious.

During our move last week, i listened to Hezitation Marks a few more times....after reading several recommends online to do so--- that it can grow on a person.

After that, i have to agree, it does seem to improve with listening.
Its no Fragile or Spiral but its not at all a bad album.

Making an active effort to get more back into music....even finally replaced my 19 year old Boze speakers with....new Boze speakers.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Mishaco posted:

haah thanks....was just curious.

During our move last week, i listened to Hezitation Marks a few more times....after reading several recommends online to do so--- that it can grow on a person.

After that, i have to agree, it does seem to improve with listening.
Its no Fragile or Spiral but its not at all a bad album.

Making an active effort to get more back into music....even finally replaced my 19 year old Boze speakers with....new Boze speakers.

You got a thing about the letter "S"?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

he's just trying to avoid accidentally summoning snakes

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

spookygonk posted:

You got a thing about the letter "S"?

He's blind and using a voice to text program. Notice how the words with softer "S" sounds have an s?

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Live Q&A with Trent and Atticus
http://new.livestream.com/billboard/events/3558817

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause

axleblaze posted:

Strobelight will always be funny and there will never be a point where I wouldn't kill if it meant being able to make Pussygrinder (featuring Sheryl Crow) a reality.

Slide to the Dark Side and The Rhythm Is Infected will forever be my favorite fake song titles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mishaco
May 4, 2005

Even more damning; my program is British hehe!