Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Hell in a Cell match?
This poll is closed.
HHH vs. Nash 19 9.79%
HHH vs. HBK for 50 minutes 43 22.16%
Taker vs. Bossman 53 27.32%
CM Punk vs. Undertaker 35 18.04%
Undertaker vs. Kane 11 5.67%
DX vs. Big Show, Vince McMahon & Shane McMahon 33 17.01%
Total: 194 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

JPrime posted:

Haven't watched the product in a couple months, but seeing the .gif of Rusev suplexing Big Show makes me want to see Rusev vs. Cesaro in a massive hoss-off. :allears:

Put Rusev and Cesaro together in a tag team. Rusev's gonna run out of people to squash, and Cesaro's not doing anything anyway.

They could be the foreign Steiners. Just hurl people around the ring until they crumple in submission.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Its weird how they job Cesaro out all the time but he is still getting PPV matches with a decent amount of time and he still gets to look impressive.

WadeBartender
Aug 18, 2013

oldpainless posted:

Its weird how they job Cesaro out all the time but he is still getting PPV matches with a decent amount of time and he still gets to look impressive.

He also seems to be in a ton of advertising for some reason

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
They see him as a good hand that can be used to get other people over. Same way they saw The Ringmaster Steve Austin.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Gonzo McFee posted:

They see him as a good hand that can be used to get other people over. Same way they saw The Ringmaster Steve Austin.

I love Cesaro but :lol:. There's literally 4 or 5 guys I think they should push as top guys before Cesaro and that's not counting developmental. It's a shame because they DID drop the ball with him, but there really is a glut of talent right now.

With regards to Ambrose/Rollins not ending clean for say, a Mania blowoff (again, which I'd be cool with), my only concern remains how they could have a more blowoff-y feeling match than HIAC. It'd pretty much need to be I Quit or LMS.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
An attitude adjustment turned into an RKO is still an attitude adjustment.

Also I see the value in trying to do oh poo poo moments with their new guys. It was like watching raw footage though. You know they're gonna make the ghost thing look cool in post production.

Strawberry Panda fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Oct 27, 2014

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I love Cesaro but :lol:. There's literally 4 or 5 guys I think they should push as top guys before Cesaro and that's not counting developmental. It's a shame because they DID drop the ball with him, but there really is a glut of talent right now.

With regards to Ambrose/Rollins not ending clean for say, a Mania blowoff (again, which I'd be cool with), my only concern remains how they could have a more blowoff-y feeling match than HIAC. It'd pretty much need to be I Quit or LMS.

The biggest factor is card space. Rolling this out again when Reigns and Bryan are back pushes it down the card and kills the payoff time and focus.

They're not going to have the type of outlet they had last night again anytime soon.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Cardboard Box posted:

the words of someone who hasn't watched WCW 2000. things are boring and a little frustrating right now but they're nowhere near that.

Yeah no-one's won a match yet by not actually being in it and pinning another guy who wasn't in it. We've a ways to go before it gets WCW 2000-bad.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Doo doo da doo

Da doo da doo

Doo da da doo

Your time is up my time is now.

quote:

WWE has announced that John Cena will face Seth Rollins on tonight's RAW from San Antonio.

You can't see me my time is now.

modern villian
May 4, 2009

Daniel Bryan posted:

For gently caress's sake.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

My biggest issue with the booking, more than the gently caress finish (which I'm not keen on but isn't the end of the world) is that Ambrose still hasn't had a signature win that actually made him look strong since the Shield broke up. It's not like Rollins losing would've really hurt him, but I really do think Ambrose's heat has suffered due to questionable booking and bad material he's had to work with recently.

I'm not saying he can't lose ever, but what was the last decent victory he's had?

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

modern villian posted:

For gently caress's sake.

But it was alright, everything was alright, the match was finished. We had overcome the odds over ourselves. We loved John Cena.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

I like to imagine Plan A in the WWE is John Cena and when he gets injured or has to leave, Vince unlocks a triple-locked drawer, takes out an envelope that says "Plan B", opens it and unfolds a piece of paper that also says John Cena.

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Dean "Titty Master" Ambrose
I hope the spooky ghost cuts a real great promo tonight on Raw.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Daniel Bryan posted:

Doo doo da doo

Da doo da doo

Doo da da doo

I can't wait for this to be the PPV main event of Survivor Series.

And then TLC.

Then maybe Rumble.

Fast Lane or whatever EC is not as well.

After that Cena will be beating Lesnar/Taker.

EDIT: After Mania Bray would have eaten Ambrose enough to be fed to Cena again.

The fun never stops.

Blooming Brilliant fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Oct 27, 2014

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Dave said the Rollins-Orton feud is primarily centered around the fact that Rollins won last night and Orton didn't so if you bought a "they will still care about Ambrose" lottery ticket congrats on losing big!

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I got a feeling that they will return to Rollins/Ambrose later. Why else would they have that finish? (I know what you guys are gonna say, so don't even bother. I just want to be willfully ignorant about WWE booking right now.)

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

sportsgenius86 posted:

Dave said the Rollins-Orton feud is primarily centered around the fact that Rollins won last night and Orton didn't so if you bought a "they will still care about Ambrose" lottery ticket congrats on losing big!

What does a feud he's not involved in at all have to do with Ambrose? Seth being a douche who brags about winning a match the way he won last night is a great heel move.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Liar Lyre posted:

I got a feeling that they will return to Rollins/Ambrose later. Why else would they have that finish? (I know what you guys are gonna say, so don't even bother. I just want to be willfully ignorant about WWE booking right now.)

Unfortunately it looks they had that finish simply because they want to put Ambrose in a program with Bray while keeping Rollins strong before Orton beats him.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Anyone who has any hope of Ambrose/Rollins being concluded in the near future also has to remember that when Reigns is back he'll become main focus again and will beat Rollins clean on RAW's and PPV's cause he's not a jobber like Ambrose.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
"Wait and see" is my least favorite thing. We did this at Hell in a Cell last year.

Now someone is going to tell me about Wrestlemania 30 like I don't know.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

"Dean why are you having so much trouble with Seth? Its been six months and you still haven't beaten him. I beat him on Raw in like 8 minutes, it was easy. Remember that Dean? Dean, remember that? Remember when I beat him, Dean? On Raw? Remember when that happened, Dean?"

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

xNarUtoRKOrton420x posted:

Anyone who has any hope of Ambrose/Rollins being concluded in the near future also has to remember that when Reigns is back he'll become main focus again and will beat Rollins clean on RAW's and PPV's cause he's not a jobber like Ambrose.

xNarUtoRKOrton420x

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

oldpainless posted:

"Dean why are you having so much trouble with Seth? Its been six months and you still haven't beaten him. I beat him on Raw in like 8 minutes, it was easy. Remember that Dean? Dean, remember that? Remember when I beat him, Dean? On Raw? Remember when that happened, Dean?"

"That Bray Wyatt guy? He tormenting you as well? Yeah beat him on RAW as well. Think Smackdowns as well. Want me to go handle him for you Dean?"

Xenoletum posted:

xNarUtoRKOrton420x

Hello :)

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Wait and see

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

TheJoker138 posted:

What does a feud he's not involved in at all have to do with Ambrose? Seth being a douche who brags about winning a match the way he won last night is a great heel move.

It's fine as long as you don't care about the other guy. If you do, it's a constant reminder that he lost.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I like Wyatt but I think WWE's booking has utterly neutered him and his appeal. They hosed up their settings and went full "spooky, magic Undertaker" and not nearly enough "intelligent, creepy, psycho Raven." The Bryan feud should have lasted longer. He shouldn't have been thrown at the altar of Cena. He should have brainwashed someone or something by now to show he's genuinely got some of that cult leader mojo. Really, he just should have done SOMETHING of note and real import that he could chalk up as a win and positive character work by now. But he's really just the same one dimensional character he started as who can't really win but has a lot of really laughable special effects.

And I agree with people who think a Wyatt/Ambrose feud at this stage is a mistake since they both kind of need a win.

NienNunb posted:

I was much more upset that Orton lost. I was really excited at the idea of a Lesner/Orton match.

Yeah, I thought Orton vs Brock was the more interesting direction especially with Rollins and his briefcase in the mix. With the Rollins/Orton stuff it seemed like that was a logical direction for stories to go. It would give Orton some bragging rights over Rollins and the Authority but Rollins could still use that briefcase to undermine him and remind him he can steal it from Orton. Granted, it would have meant 3 heels in the title picture and a lack of heels to go against the to faces, but I think that could have been covered up easily at Survivor Series with a SS match and then the Rumble in January. You'd only really need to worry about the face/heel divide in December and that's kind of partly goofy Christmas show time anyway. And by the time he faces Brock Orton could complete a well built face turn.

I'm not sure why anyone would be interested in Brock vs Cena. But its WWE and Cena so what can you expect?

Daniel Bryan posted:

Doo doo da doo

Da doo da doo

Doo da da doo

So just to be clear... Ambrose and Cena both wanted to face Rollins so they had a match for the right which Ambrose won. Then Cena got put in a #1 contender match as consolation which he won while Ambrose lost against Rollins. Then the next night #1 Contender John Cena gets to face Rollins anyway?

So what was the point of that match?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Hope they go all in on the Wyatt-Ambrose feud

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

sportsgenius86 posted:

It's fine as long as you don't care about the other guy. If you do, it's a constant reminder that he lost.

oh no a wrestler losing a match

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

rovert posted:

dean is already covered in ooze, it seem pointless to do that.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

STAC Goat posted:

So just to be clear... Ambrose and Cena both wanted to face Rollins so they had a match for the right which Ambrose won. Then Cena got put in a #1 contender match as consolation which he won while Ambrose lost against Rollins. Then the next night #1 Contender John Cena gets to face Rollins anyway?

Michael Cole answered this question last night. John Cena always gets what he wants.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

STAC Goat posted:

jhon cena getting everything he wants despite any prior stipulations has been a running theme for at least 8 years now

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

rovert posted:

That made complete sense though! Papa Shango had those powers because he was involved in voodoo.

Bray Wyatt is a cult leader that should only have the power of charisma and makes others do his dirty work.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

maybe he used his charisma to convince a couple teamsters to set up a fog machine

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
its cool seeing so many people get mad at those dastardly heels, then justifying it as being ACTUALLY mad at the company.

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

oatgan posted:

maybe he used his charisma to convince a couple teamsters to set up a fog machine

nah dean has teamsters in his back pocket thats why he got the free cab ride

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Jubs posted:

That made complete sense though! Papa Shango had those powers because he was involved in voodoo.

Bray Wyatt is a cult leader that should only have the power of charisma and makes others do his dirty work.

Then Explained undertaker who went from some zombie who make coffins in the wild west to shooting lighting and cult leader to riding around on a motorcycle to Kid Rock to back to undead magic guy.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
I'm ok with Bray having actual magic powers but I don't get why he got involved in that match.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

oatgan posted:

maybe he's not a swamp wizard, but a tech wizard :aaaaa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Cyron posted:

Then Explained undertaker who went from some zombiewho make coffens in the wild west to shooting lighting and cult leader to riding around on a motorcycle to Kid Rock to back to undead magic guy.

he tried to pretend he was human for a few years and then realized the error of his ways and embraced who he was

• Locked thread