Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
Bazza said he snuck a glance at the Creation Suite on PS4, and he wasn't screaming bloody murder about it. And the Story Creator is pretty important given that VGCW runs on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Evil Canadian posted:

I just hope the ps4 version is the full fledged game proper. If Story creator was cut from the ps4 version as well that would be all sorts of messed up.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was. Annual sports games, like Madden and NBA2K, usually lose features when they switch to newer consoles. The Character/Story editor is also something that seemed pretty low effort and grew out of having a bunch of unused animation assets rather than being a selling point that the designers have time to actually work on and polish.

I'd love to be wrong though.

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013
I hadn't planned on getting the 360 version for 2k15 anyway, but those cuts are a definite dealbreaker. Custom theme music and create-a-finisher are the kind of things that I didn't need until I got them, and now I want them to stay. Also, I have a guy who absolutely *needs* the "falling and rolling down the ramp" entrance.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Even the best, most natural looking created finishers looked like absolute dogshit so I'm really happy about them being removed.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
For my back benchers, I try to meet the following goofy criteria:

- Synergy bonus with each other
- Synergy bonus with my main team (who are Warrior and Rowan right now, both left-aligned)
- An actual tag team in real life at some point
- Common

Do any left-right team meet these criteria at common? It's surprisingly hard to find one.

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013

NienNunb posted:

Even the best, most natural looking created finishers looked like absolute dogshit so I'm really happy about them being removed.

I had a few that looked decent. In most cases, the simpler they were, the better they looked.

The frustrating thing about losing CAF is that there were quite a few moves that could only be set as signatures/finishers if you created them (which was extra weird when you could have those moves in your regular moveset, but wouldn't show up in the lists for finishers.)

bladeworksmaster
Sep 6, 2010

Ok.

Don't forget the hilarity of Create-A-Finisher that was the Running Position->Flying Clothesline combo in '12 and '13 that took 90% of a person's health on EVERY LIMB. Good riddance that poo poo is gone.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Is CAF removed from all versions or just the old-gen versions? The only place I've seen mentioning it being gone is that list.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

That's not clear yet but yeah, if the story mode was out I don't think the VGCW guy would be that impressed with it

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
I finally broke into Legendary tier!

And got a Second Wind.

gently caress.

BrutusBeefcake
Jun 6, 2003

AlmightyPants posted:

I finally broke into Legendary tier!

And got a Second Wind.

gently caress.

I know it is hard to agree with this now, but that is a great pull. It is all but impossible to get Legendary Support cards; the only way to get them is with your Legendary freebie, a one-in-a-million deck pull, or to come in at the tippy-top of a PCC. There is no way to win them in KotR right now.

My Legendary freebie was a Dolph Ziggler that I have never used or leveled up because I don't have a match to Pro it with.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
IGN review for 2K15 360/PS4 gives it a 5.9 very stripped down paint job. Said just buy 2k14.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

KungFu Grip posted:

IGN review for 2K15 360/PS4 gives it a 5.9 very stripped down paint job. Said just buy 2k14.

drat, the last gen version must be really bad if even IGN doesn't try to make it seem better than it is.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Absolutely none of this is a surprise, it is exactly what happens every time there is a new console generation.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

PunkBoy posted:

drat, the last gen version must be really bad if even IGN doesn't try to make it seem better than it is.

yeah, surprised IGN gave it anything less than a 7.5

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

It did feel like they had basically hit their ceiling with regard to last-gen content with 2k14, you already started to see various bits and pieces of legacy content disappear (the amount of stuff packed into 2k13 was kind of insane tbh). Even with a scaled-back version of the next gen engine facelift it was always going to be a zero-sum game with regard to what went in and what came out.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
I just hope the next-gen creation suite isn't gutted. That's really all I care about. I'll have plenty of enjoyment making dumb CAWs and having them fight each other. Apparently the outlook seems positive, but I'm definitely gonna wait until impressions come out.

PunkBoy fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Oct 28, 2014

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I'm watching a midnight stream for the 360 version. It's incredible how many things they messed up. They limited the amount of CAWs you can download per day unless you are a very popular content creator.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

BrutusBeefcake posted:

I know it is hard to agree with this now, but that is a great pull. It is all but impossible to get Legendary Support cards; the only way to get them is with your Legendary freebie, a one-in-a-million deck pull, or to come in at the tippy-top of a PCC. There is no way to win them in KotR right now.

My Legendary freebie was a Dolph Ziggler that I have never used or leveled up because I don't have a match to Pro it with.

Yeah, I'm warming to it. I figure I'll be able to no-effort get some epics in KOTR to eventually pro and move up the ranks. As it stands, my team of 2x UR Edge, UR Randy Savage, UR Ric Flair and UR Paige (all pro) is pretty solid and the extra +32 to all stats isn't hurting them any.

Prozach
Oct 30, 2013

When God invented Lycra, he was thinking about Divas matches.
This is Curtis Axel.

This is Curtis Axel in WWE 2K15.

Based on this data, I do not believe this is a faithful rendition of Curtis Axel.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Disagree.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Prozach posted:

This is Curtis Axel.

i feel like his jaw is very photoshopped in this pic because everywhere else it is much more big and square

MisterGBH
Dec 6, 2010

Eric Bischoff is full of shit
That picture is from his debut on NXT although that picture of WWE 2K15 makes him look like the background characters in The Incredibles.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Cardboard Box posted:

i feel like his jaw is very photoshopped in this pic because everywhere else it is much more big and square

It's not that his jaw is square, it's that he has a square beard.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

curtis "squarebeard" axel

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Sockser posted:

It's not that his jaw is square, it's that he has a square beard.

And a cube butt.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Astro7x posted:

yeah, surprised IGN gave it anything less than a 7.5

Sounds like they didn't send a big check to IGN for this year's edition more than anything.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

coconono posted:

Sounds like they didn't send a big check to IGN for this year's edition more than anything.

They hosed them over with their IGN First Look thing they do because there was nothing to show off. However the game is buggy like the fact that the game forgot how wrestlers hold ring bells (hint not inside your forearm) and models look kind of sketchy.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Pretty sure they just assigned the current gen development to rookies and interns. If the next gen version is garbage, then we can start panicking.

Lazer
Jun 26, 2011

V A P O R W A V E

Liar Lyre posted:

Pretty sure they just assigned the current gen development to rookies and interns. If the next gen version is garbage, then we can start panicking.

It's making me a bit unsure about my PS4 pre-order. On the fence about cancelling it until I see reviews. The one thing that's keeping me from doing it, is that we all knew ahead of time the PS3/XBOX 360 versions were going to be about this bad.

Fooly Cooly 25
Jan 18, 2005

Todo lo tuyo ahora es MIO
Quick list of active wrestlers/divas missing from 2K15:

Alicia Fox
Otunga
Diego
Fernando
El Torito
Eva Marie
Health Slater
Huncio
Layla
Rosa Mendes
Sin Cara
Zack Ryder

That's pretty ridiculous, considering they already had models for a lot of them.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Damnit, there goes my plans for Torito, World Heavyweight Champion

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!

Fooly Cooly 25 posted:

Quick list of active wrestlers/divas missing from 2K15:

Alicia Fox
Otunga
Diego
Fernando
El Torito
Eva Marie
Health Slater
Huncio
Layla
Rosa Mendes
Sin Cara
Zack Ryder

That's pretty ridiculous, considering they already had models for a lot of them.

Its probably the same process that THQ had to grow through in that WWE provides a list of wrestlers they want in the game (and sometimes nix wrestlers that the developer had planned).

I'm about to go pick up a 360 version of the game to screw around with (mainly because I am off work this week and have the extra time). I can answer anyone's specific questions. The IGN interview isn't too promising at all, but this is just a stop-gap while I have free time and before the ps4 copy drops in a few weeks.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

no Los Matadors is kinda bullshit, IMO.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
I would hardly classify Otunga as part of the active roster. When was his last match?

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

Bhester posted:

I would hardly classify Otunga as part of the active roster. When was his last match?

Wikipedia says the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal.

I've watched a few videos of the Showcase modes, and they at least went all out with the detail on those- Cena's entrance at MitB 2011 is his actual entrance at the event, no salute, just walking down and holding up the belt.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Given the amount of poo poo they have to cut to fit in all the newish stuff, did we really expect the enhancement talent to make it in? In terms of pushes the only person on the list who approaches midcard is Alicia Fox. She gets TV time!

Think of it this way - the five NXT guys took some seats

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
It's too bad they couldn't find a screen role for Otunga. Everything about him was great except his ring work. He'd be a great addition to The Authority by just being this gnat swarm of legalese anytime someone wanted to challenge the heels.

OHHWAYOOHHH

Prozach
Oct 30, 2013

When God invented Lycra, he was thinking about Divas matches.
Fun fact: Zack Ryder's Internet Championship is in the game, but Zack Ryder isnt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Why even waste time and money making a last gen version if it's just 2k14 with a smaller roster and hilariously removed features?