Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

quote:

Start with Constitutional Law by Carl Miller on YouTube.

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag
support bilb

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

I'm visually engaging

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Heresiarch posted:

they've spent years trying to convince everybody that bitcoin is real money, and the one group they managed to convince was fincen, who are now applying existing regulations to it

good job, guys, you made it farther than flooz (or whatever it was)

delicious, isn't it

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Greyhawk posted:

i'll just leave this here

the moral of the story is that they all died

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Boxturret posted:

It's my birthday you know what that means!

*Every branch of law enforcement from every jurisdiction comes in for a giant party*

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

Greyhawk posted:

i'll just leave this here

more appropriate is the gladiator bit where hes shotuing 'hold! hold! down low!' im sure the joke is evident thanks for reading

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
on the other hand, with the exchanges and merchants closed this will make holding much easier.

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.

Boxturret posted:

It's my birthday you know what that means!

*Every branch of law enforcement from every jurisdiction comes in for a giant party*

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

duTrieux. posted:

the moral of the story is that they all died

One survived to tell a greatly exaggerated tale. Andreas, probably,

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

surebet posted:

surprise cockfags

the best kind of cockfags imho

nannerpus_
Nov 9, 2012

what about a banana, friend
BUSINESS OWNER at Denver Bitcoin Center contacted me for computing job, should i reply with goatse or meet for coffee to laugh in his face tia

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

nannerpus_ posted:

BUSINESS OWNER at Denver Bitcoin Center contacted me for computing job, should i reply with goatse or meet for coffee to laugh in his face tia

ask him if he complies with fincen regulations

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

SEC is "it's illegal to issue unregulated stocks even if you call them something other than stocks"

FINCEN is "It's illegal to have an unregulated business that transmits money even if you call it something other than money, everyone has to follow money transmitter laws"

Basically both are "you can't just get around financial regulation by converting money to poker chips then trading in those".

this is a good summary

oocc stop making good posts you're supposed to be terrible

duTrieux. posted:

delicious, isn't it

it's fuckin' poetic, that's what it is

the cargo cultists built their planes and runways out of straw and now they're getting strafed

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

duTrieux. posted:

Do this please

nannerpus_
Nov 9, 2012

what about a banana, friend

duTrieux. posted:

judging by his pasty, stereotypically moronic mug on his profile i'm guessing no

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

nannerpus_ posted:

laugh in his face so we can enjoy the reddit thread about it the next day

sinekumquat
Jun 12, 2005

the most dangerous philosopher in the west
College Slice

Magrov posted:

Changetipbot will need a Money Transmitter Licence, americans are banned from the global tipping economy. Bitcoin not affected because anti-fragility BLOCKCHAINS.

So does that mean all the people that got Bitcoin and dogecoin tips now all need to submit to AML and KYC compliance regulations?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Verdafolio posted:

So does that mean all the people that got Bitcoin and dogecoin tips now all need to submit to AML and KYC compliance regulations?

No, just the companies that let you move around butts and butt-derivatives around.

Programmer Humor
Nov 27, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
apparently popular video game streaming site twitch.tv added some new payment options

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

nannerpus_ posted:

dont do it op its a false flag to find your sa username

theflyingorc posted:

laugh in his face so we can enjoy the reddit thread about it the next day [where he schools you about the evils of fiat and everyone stands up and claps]

ftfy

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
i really want xsolla to use bitpay

i want as many middlemen as possible in this peer to peer currency

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

imagine four middlemen at the edge of a cliff

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
i was hoping for another "why are people so mean when i tell them about bitcoin" post

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
ten skrills per skrill-x

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
skripll

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

nannerpus_ posted:

feign ignorance about what bitcoins are and ask him all the pointed why-bitcoins-are-worthless-and-will-never-work questions as if you'd just thought them up (how many transactions can this handle per second? really? is there any way to scale that up? and so on). make him think hes made a convert and then gently tear his world apart

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

FMguru posted:

feign ignorance about what bitcoins are and ask him all the pointed why-bitcoins-are-worthless-and-will-never-work questions as if you'd just thought them up (how many transactions can this handle per second? really? is there any way to scale that up? and so on). make him think hes made a convert and then gently tear his world apart

do this, except during the job interview

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
spend the whole time talking about bitcoins. have him draw diagrams on the whiteboard.

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.
So I was googling around because by god I will own a Bitpay St. Petersburg Bowl t-shirt and found this:

http://www.cafepress.com/bitcoinfootball

go for the coin indeed

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

TVarmy posted:

the symbol looks like a butt

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

FMguru posted:

(how many transactions can this handle per second?

i dobut he knows

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

please continue posting my secret bdsm fantasies

ok jian

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Programmer Humor posted:

apparently popular video game streaming site twitch.tv added some new payment options

as a bear whale I would like to pay in honey or krill

dimebag dinkman
Feb 20, 2003

http://ia902308.us.archive.org/32/items/gov.uscourts.mowd.117531/gov.uscourts.mowd.117531.111.0.pdf posted:

Here, Defendants admit to at least $4 million in refunds requested but not yet paid.1

Should the FTC prevail, the amount of refunds could exceed that amount by an order of magnitude, $50 million. Yet, frozen funds amount to only approximately $10.1 million3 – barely 20% of the potential refund liability. Of that amount, up to approximately $1.1 million
has already been earmarked to pay interim operating costs.4
how many red foam rubber novelties can $1.1 million get you these days

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Proteus4994 posted:

So I was googling around because by god I will own a Bitpay St. Petersburg Bowl t-shirt and found this:

http://www.cafepress.com/bitcoinfootball

go for the coin indeed

another qaulity bitcoin product

Greyhawk
May 30, 2001

i don't know who these people were, but bitcoiners seem unhappy and that's good enough for me

Justcoin Exchange
‏@jstcoin
Justcoin is shutting down. Affected users, check your email.

Eirik Magnus Mjåseth ‏@eirikmjaaseth 3 Std.Vor 3 Stunden
@jstcoin Sad :(

Crypto฿ull ‏@Crypto_God 3 Std.Vor 3 Stunden
@jstcoin drat. Why? When?

Surak ‏@surakin 3 Std.Vor 3 Stunden
@jstcoin NO!!!

WOT Trololol ‏@wangbot1 3 Std.Vor 3 Stunden
@jstcoin Can you tell us who your banking partner was so we know if this will affect other European operations?

Minh Thanh ‏@Blackcatqnv 3 Std.Vor 3 Stunden
@jstcoin no!

Joar Guttormsen ‏@joar79 3 Std.Vor 3 Stunden
@jstcoin wtf?!

Jin Tan ‏@dcembersaven 2 Std.Vor 2 Stunden
@jstcoin why?? i do not receive any email!

Adrian S ‏@adrians80 2 Std.Vor 2 Stunden
@jstcoin please continue the exchange within crytocurrencies, lets abandon fiat government-bank useless money.

Helge Reikerås ‏@hreikeras 1 Std.Vor 1 Stunde
@jstcoin Noooo! This is just unbelievable.

Stargazer ‏@getstargazer 56 Min.Vor 56 Minuten
@jstcoin Good riddance.

heinzyap ‏@heinzyap 47 Min.Vor 47 Minuten

Baked Tilapia ‏@BakedTilapiaOrg 39 Min.Vor 39 Minuten
@jstcoin You need to let the public know more information than just "Justcoin is shutting down" You're causing sell off in #STR. #Assholes

tumblr hype man
Jul 29, 2008

nice meltdown
Slippery Tilde
im the hashtag assholes

Greyhawk
May 30, 2001

oh and there's this

quote:

It seems that there has been a “goxing” at Justcoin. The cryptocurrency exchange has for the moment ceased trading after 32 Million XRP disappeared and their entire stellar hot wallet was cleaned out. The problem is believed to be the result of a malicious exploiter. The exchange’s long-term ability to cover the losses is as yet unknown.

http://globalcryptonews.com/2014/10/12/justcoin-goxed-exchange-halts-market-after-loss-of-32-million-xrp-and-54-million-stellar/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Greyhawk posted:

oh and there's this

so uh you think this is from the sec letter or do you think they're just doing a coincidental cut and run

• Locked thread