Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
if the sec hadn't shoved their noses where it didn't belong and try and make the exchange abide by their "laws" they never would have run away with all my money :mad:

:satoshi_snype.gif:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Greyhawk
May 30, 2001

Ripoff posted:

so uh you think this is from the sec letter or do you think they're just doing a coincidental cut and run

there's an awful lot of coincidences here including the developer of both ripple and stellar being the very same one who originally built a trading site for magic the gathering: online cards you might have heard of

Magrov
Mar 27, 2010

I'm completely lost and have no idea what's going on. I'll be at my bunker.

If you need any diplomatic or mineral stuff just call me. If you plan to nuke India please give me a 5 minute warning to close the windows!

Also Iapetus sucks!

dimebag dinkman posted:

how many red foam rubber novelties can $1.1 million get you these days

quote:

3 Temporary Receiver Eric Johnson’s First Report, Ex. 5 at 3. The Receiver’s report notes that frozen assets include $1.1 million in cash and 25,617 Bitcoins. The exchange rate for Bitcoins is highly volatile. When the Receiver filed his first report, the exchange rate was approximately $410 per Bitcoin. As of the date of this filing, a little less than a month later, the value has dropped to approximately $354 per Bitcoin.

they could get an extra 10,5 9 million dollars if they sell all those bitcoins. that's a lot of pichforks.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Magrov posted:

they could get an extra 10,5 9 million dollars if they sell all those bitcoins. that's a lot of pichforks.

If they could find a private buyer willing to pay 100% of current market value.

If they were dumped on an exchange, with slippage they would only get about $7.5 million

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq
Clearly they should dump them all on an exchange right this second before the price drops more!

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Proteus4994 posted:

So I was googling around because by god I will own a Bitpay St. Petersburg Bowl t-shirt and found this:

http://www.cafepress.com/bitcoinfootball

go for the coin indeed

I forgot that that bowl was going to be a thing

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

triple sulk posted:

so did everybody else

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

Boxturret posted:

It's my birthday you know what that means!

*Every branch of law enforcement from every jurisdiction comes in for a giant party*

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

triple sulk posted:

Soon it I'll be the Fincen St. Petersburg Bowl.

filthy regex
Oct 1, 2010

s/ (. Y .) / 8==D~~ /g
google, has anyone said "butt bowl"

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
do we have a list of bitnesses that have been subpoenaed?

Dessert Rose
May 17, 2004

awoken in control of a lucid deep dream...
wait stellar is a real thing

i thought it was made up for that hp/bitcoin fanfic

Dessert Rose
May 17, 2004

awoken in control of a lucid deep dream...
i should have loving known

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I expect a bunch more of these places to vanish with the money and flee the country before they're served. whoever leaked the SEC subpoenas should be right hosed

Greyhawk posted:

there's an awful lot of coincidences here including the developer of both ripple and stellar being the very same one who originally built a trading site for magic the gathering: online cards you might have heard of

what

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
here is website where you can gamble on games of battleship with bitcoin

https://battlebase.co/

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.

triple sulk posted:

if only the bowl wasn't too late to participate in yospos secret santa

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
Need help where to post my $200k = right now ~500 BTC finders fee
October 15, 2014, 01:29:42 PM

my offer is $200k = ~ 500 BTC for the person who will help me to sell the following property.

https://www.bitpremier.com/5-real-estate/178-beautiful-7br-luxury-villa-caesarea-israel

the one who will introduce me to a buyer or will give me a unique tip that will sell the property will get the finders fee.

IMHO if this unique located property is sold for BTC this deal will make history like the first 2 Pizza deal sold for BTC.

Thanks in advance

another link added to get more info about Caesarea/Israel
http://villacaeasarea.wix.com/villa-in-caesarea#!

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
give me a unique tip

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Greyhawk posted:

also created edonkey2000

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

FCKGW posted:

also created edonkey2000

:eyepop:

dubzee
Oct 23, 2008

a luxurious villa posted:

15o meter away from the Villa of Prime Minister Netanyahu, and in the same cluster (Sea Cluster).

Walking distance to the synagogue and country club.

so many tasteless jokes.....

i also find it humorous that bibi's getaway villa is located in a place named in honor of ceasar

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

trucutru posted:

Soon it I'll be the Fincen St. Petersburg Bowl.

US Government Dollar Bowl, brought to you by America. Find out more at usa.gov.

Greyhawk
May 30, 2001

jed maccaleb originally built mtgox before karpeles bought it

he went on to develop ripple, then drama happened, he left ripple and developed stellar

that exchange heist targeted a very specific flaw that exists in both ripple and stellar transactions

Alliterate Addict
Jul 10, 2012

dreaming of that face again

it's bright and blue and shimmering

grinning wide and comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes

Greyhawk posted:

jed maccaleb originally built mtgox before karpeles bought it

he went on to develop ripple, then drama happened, he left ripple and developed stellar

that exchange heist targeted a very specific flaw that exists in both ripple and stellar transactions

given how good he's been at keeping his hands comparatively poop-free, he probably just sold the codebases for both to yet another person while winking and saying "you might want to fix this bug here"

Greyhawk
May 30, 2001

what is that? bitty clicker?

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

hope these are stealth mining on peoples phones

Greyhawk
May 30, 2001

holy lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaavcWIc-ME

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer

me irl

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

Greyhawk posted:

i'll just leave this here

someone post the Brian Boyko 300 gif but first give him a bitcoin shield, tia

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

I'm the Amazon copyright infringement

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Dren posted:

Need help where to post my $200k = right now ~500 BTC finders fee
October 15, 2014, 01:29:42 PM

my offer is $200k = ~ 500 BTC for the person who will help me to sell the following property.

https://www.bitpremier.com/5-real-estate/178-beautiful-7br-luxury-villa-caesarea-israel

the one who will introduce me to a buyer or will give me a unique tip that will sell the property will get the finders fee.

IMHO if this unique located property is sold for BTC this deal will make history like the first 2 Pizza deal sold for BTC.

Thanks in advance

another link added to get more info about Caesarea/Israel
http://villacaeasarea.wix.com/villa-in-caesarea#!

Today, the Chairman of the Caesarea Foundation and the CDC is Baron Benjamin de Rothschild, the great grandson of the Baron Edmond de Rothschild. Caesarea remains today the only locality in Israel managed by a private organization rather than a municipal government. As well as carrying out municipal services, the Caesarea Development Corporation markets plots for real-estate development, manages the nearby industrial park, and runs the Caesarea's golf course and country club, Israel's only 18-hole golf course.

it's a town of 4,500 people run by a corporation headed by a rothschild.

the place is probably crawling with lizard people.

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.

Kuvo posted:

i was actually going to maybe download this for some lafs but this

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Kuvo posted:

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

lol is this not on ios?

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Proteus4994 posted:

lol is this not on ios?

it is awaiting app approval

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

duTrieux. posted:

it's a town of 4,500 people run by a corporation headed by a rothschild.

the place is probably crawling with lizard people.

nice racism

Buttcoin purse
Apr 24, 2014

theflyingorc posted:

i also just looked at the 7 day graph, high of 393 and low of 341, we need new animals to describe what's happening, like sharkephants or dolphinos or something

Has anyone said pokecoin yet?

Oh of course they loving have:

quote:

[Meta] Pokecoin? Thoughts? (self.pokemon)

8 months agololwut805Rawr

What does /r/pokemon think about a cryptocurrency based on pokemon?
My idea is that people may use it to buy (and sell) pokemon (or items), which is normally frowned upon...
Please post why you think this is a good or bad idea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

FCKGW posted:

also created edonkey2000

wait, are we talking about the same person who didn't understand the purpose of hashing in storing user passwords?

• Locked thread