Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
I bought Fiora, entering a team builder game now. I expect to be a shitlord. Going Hydra/CDR boots/Brut/LW/BC.

Going against a TP Akali. Guess I'm getting a hexdrinker.

e; first blood lmao

its curtains for Kevin fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Oct 29, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009

Libertine posted:

If you are one of those "well I gotta support this game, drats" types, you want to also make sure that whichever one of those three you play, make sure you snag that crucial Sunfire Cape to make your enemies tremble in fear of burn damage.

This. I see this happen so often even in low Diamond and I honestly have no clue as to why. It is such a terrible support item, and both my forehead and my desk have suffered greatly from the amount of times the two have collided after seeing a support try to clear the baron pit at 23 minutes, only to have to recall immediately afterwards to regain the 50% hp they lost from Nash. Not to mention the 2.6k is better spent on literally any other support item 100% of the time.

Also, again, sorry guys for playing so terribly in that last goonman and having to leave Mumble late in the game. Luckily I did one-shot the Vayne in that last teamfight! Have to say though, I love the fact that we have been able to get some goonmans going on EUW the last couple of days and I encourage all EUW goons to join the goonmans channel and join us. We might even be able to get some in-house 5v5s going soon!

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Transient People posted:

Why would you get a frozen heart when you're already going to get a Zhonya's with its accompanying intangibility active that will let you tank much harder than your stats would indicate? It's a waste unless you're running up against an all-AD comp, and even then there's comparable options.

My point is that chalice is bad. Also if you're up against an AD comp and nobody else is getting heart it rule. Also also swain owns.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
I got akali'd. I guess I'm bad at playing Fiora (no akali's just retard dumb 1v1)

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

NTT posted:

I got akali'd. I guess I'm bad at playing Fiora (no akali's just retard dumb 1v1)

You should def. be able to kill her before level 6. And probably after that, does invis stop fiora's ult?

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
I fed her pretty bad, guess I'm a bad fiora

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty
Man if only there were an overlooked cheap rear end item that gave you a sick 15% CDR boost that you could get instead of Athene's if you don't really need the regen and are building manabarn anyway

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

I'm really really bad at this game. So much so that it was killing my ability to enjoy it. Only not uninstalling because apparently I'm addicted to a game that makes me miserable more often then not. Stopped getting new champs because why bother getting something new I'd go 0/55/5 with.

But I remembered a champ I had luck with pre-30 and bought him on a whim.

I loving love Karthus.

For the first time I am doing consistently ok. My first game I completely dominated with more kills then everyone else in the game except the other teams Zed, who couldn't stop me because I can keep murdering people after I die. Even in games I lose I'm having fun and not ending up absolute dead last, usually top two in my team. And I have never had people on the other team as mad as I have now when I nail them with my ult when they think they are safe to back.

Although the weird thing is. All his build guides seem to suggest either teleport or exhaust instead of ignite like most other mid lane champs seem to have. Is there a reason for that? Anyone who's some Karthus expert want to drop some tips?

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

NTT posted:

I bought Fiora, entering a team builder game now. I expect to be a shitlord. Going Hydra/CDR boots/Brut/LW/BC.

Going against a TP Akali. Guess I'm getting a hexdrinker.

e; first blood lmao

I loving hate Akali, they need to straight dumpster her instead of accidentally buffing her.

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

Whitenoise Poster posted:

I'm really really bad at this game. So much so that it was killing my ability to enjoy it. Only not uninstalling because apparently I'm addicted to a game that makes me miserable more often then not. Although the weird thing is. All his build guides seem to suggest either teleport or exhaust instead of ignite like most other mid lane champs seem to have. Is there a reason for that? Anyone who's some Karthus expert want to drop some tips?

Karthus is very all-innable so exhaust gives him added safetly during laning phase as well as actually improving his damage during an allin by making sure you can land all your Q's. Plus making it take longer to kill you means they're sitting in defile longer and messes with the ability of the more mobile assassins to use only as much as they need to kill you and then get out before getting within Requiem range.

I don't think too many people run teleport on him anymore but you can use it to get back to lane faster early, since you basically just want to powerfarm and get your Tear/Roa up and running, then later on you can pull off some pretty dumb homeguard teleport plays.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Champions like Karthus and Vayne deal extraordinarily high amounts of damage simply by existing; unlike many champions, instead of having bursty kits, they just do bursty amounts of damage pretty much indefinitely. As a result, a summoner that can position you to -do- that damage or perhaps keep you alive longer maybe end up causing you to do more damage than taking ignite in the long run.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Although the weird thing is. All his build guides seem to suggest either teleport or exhaust instead of ignite like most other mid lane champs seem to have. Is there a reason for that? Anyone who's some Karthus expert want to drop some tips?

Exhaust is because he has a really big weakness to assassins

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

That all actually makes a bunch of sense. Definitely gonna be switching that up.

Observe Me
Jan 21, 2006

I know shits bad right now with all that starving bullshit and the dust storms and we are running out of french fries and burrito coverings. But I got a solution!

Ormi posted:

It's about as 'synergistic' as buying Rylai's is on Anivia, please get the stat that powers your almost 1.0 and 2.0 ratio abilities

Damage stacks, slow doesn't, thats a bad comparison.

but to each his own.

If I'm ahead I go Core > Boots 1 > Core > Void Staff > Core > LB > Zhonya > Situational

I get boots two somewhere early there if I have the gold

OtherworldlyInvader
Feb 10, 2005

The X-COM project did not deliver the universe's ultimate cup of coffee. You have failed to save the Earth.

NTT posted:

Akali is one of the few characters who can out duel Fiora because her ult has no meaningful cooldown. You can beat her if you blow ult and vision on her but its kind of close, then she just respawns and walks back to lane and can 1v1 you for the next 2+ minutes because she's broken.

The Crusher
Aug 13, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE NEKOMIMI CLIFFYB

maev posted:

So I just bought Viktor because I need a new mid, he seems in a good place right now - any Must Know Tips before I start my machine god adventures?

Edit: specifically how does his early game hold up against the popular mids, and whats a good harass technique?
For basics, start with Q and then follow this skilling order: R>E>Q>W. W is a one point wonder and probably best to put 1 point in it at level 4 just to keep you safe. Against melee jungles like Udyr, Warwick, or Yi, you can simply drop a W in your path of escape and get away pretty easily. Harass with Q only if you can do it without eating big retaliation from both the champ and the minions. Your primary harass, especially against long range enemies, will be E. Just make sure you practice hitting with it, because you'll be OOM fast. get 1000 gold and grab your first hex core upgrade and use it on E. Now your E is a wave clear monster and your poke will hurt extremely hard.

For melee assassins mid lane, harass them with Q and E early before they become powerful. When they all in you, W yourself to get away or counter attack. Use your Ult to stop things like Katarina and Warwick ults.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
I tried Fiora mid in an attempt to escape Akali. Nope, Akali mid!

Laverna
Mar 21, 2013

I'm really really bad at this game. So much so that it was killing my ability to enjoy it. Only not uninstalling because apparently I'm addicted to a game that makes me miserable more often then not. Stopped getting new champs because why bother getting something new I'd go 0/55/5 with.
I know this feeling. I feel like I'm getting worse and worse at this game and my confidence is so shot that I've been afraid to ask people to play games with me. I know this is bad thinking and that it's just a game and I should enjoy it, but I'm pre-emptively expecting people to rage at my bad decisions so I'm too nervous to make any.

On an unrelated note, one of my friends gave me a code for MF and her arcade skin (!!!) that he got off a friend since he knew that I've wanted to get her for a while now.
What are some tried and true MF builds? I tried her out in a hexakill game and had a brief argument with one of my friends over what items would be good for her, I thought that a bit of CDR would be good on her because she uses skills quite a bit but he disagreed and said go straight damage.
Can any MF players chip in/explain?

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
The only MF player you should listen to is The Mash.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy
Black cleaver used to be funny but her ult does so much magic damage now you're probably best just building normal ADC.

Smettbo
Sep 18, 2008
Can someone tell me what exactly happened to suddenly make Akali queen bitch of everything

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Smettbo posted:

Can someone tell me what exactly happened to suddenly make Akali queen bitch of everything

They replaced the resists on her shroud with a massive MS buff.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Smettbo posted:

General swinging of the meta to favor assassins and people just kinda remembered she's extremely good in solo queue.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

Vermain posted:

General swinging of the meta to favor assassins and people just kinda remembered she's extremely good in solo queue.

well that and she just received a huge loving buff

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky
One thing i learned tonight is that when you wanna show goons the cool gimmick you're good at, you instantly become awful at it :suicide:

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

She was strangling solo queue pretty badly even before she got the huge movespeed buff.

Enrico Furby
Jun 28, 2003

by Hand Knit

NTT posted:

I tried Fiora mid in an attempt to escape Akali. Nope, Akali mid!

It is incredibly satisfying to watch really good players entire the defeatist mindset scrublords like me almost always exist in. It's like watching the principal of your school gets pants'd, even if he's a decent guy. :smug:

ALSO THERE ARE NO SUCH THINGS AS COUNTERS QUIT WHINING AND COUNTERPLAY IT IS YOU WHO IS THE ONE WHO SEEDS YOUR ULTIMATE DESTINY

edit: or conversely you can bitch about how skilless and OP champs that definitely-don't-counter your favorite champs are in this very thread, that will work

Enrico Furby fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Oct 29, 2014

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
what

E-Tank
Aug 4, 2011
So we had a pretty decent ARAM game with a couple of friends. Then once we got out of the game and into post game chat. . .

http://pastebin.com/nhDxDMSv

It's a long read, and I'll give a few things to whet your appetite.

quote:

Naethmor: i love how teemo didnt do poo poo
Naethmor: and wins
Naethmor: your all loving shitters
Naethmor: u shouldnt have won

quote:

Fridurmus: its u
Naethmor: keep talking poo poo
Naethmor: your all getting banned
Naethmor: for super unskilled

quote:

Naethmor: HOW U SHOULDNT WIN
EdwardTank: Honey, do you need to take your medications?
Naethmor: IM BETTER THAN ALL OF YOU
Naethmor: KIDS THAT ARE TERRIBLE SHOULD NOT WIN
Naethmor: THATS Y LEAGUE IS RETARDED

quote:

Naethmor: i didnt lose
Naethmor: he loving afkd
Naethmor: and got a free win
Oeus: No he didn't.
Oeus: LOL
Naethmor: but hes getting banned for it
Naethmor: so im not worried
EdwardTank: He never AFK'd
Oeus: Teemo was there the entire time
Naethmor: IM BETTER THAN ALL OF YOU KIDS

quote:

Naethmor: i just hate losing to shitters
Naethmor: youre loving bronze
Naethmor: u shouldn't ever win
Naethmor: u shouldn't even be able to breathe

:allears:

E-Tank fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Oct 29, 2014

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Why are players always so agressive in this game, goddamn

E-Tank
Aug 4, 2011

frajaq posted:

Why are players always so agressive in this game, goddamn

I don't know. I mean, it was an ARAM. . .*ARAM*. Nobody should give a poo poo about ARAMs.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

That was a nerf directed to her jungling power. A pretty big one too. Stop calling it a buff.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
I got a Wukong mid this time. I feel like i won the lottery.

Also it was GP top who built glass cannon

I just built a thorn mail and they sent him to stop me from split pushing. He would Q, I would W. He would take 400 damage, back off, then a few seconds later, Q me again, only for me to W again because I have 40% cdr. Then I laughed and finished taking his inhibitor, then i killed him. It was pretty funny

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

Methanar posted:

That was a nerf directed to her jungling power. A pretty big one too. Stop calling it a buff.

i will stop calling it a buff when it stops being a buff

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

:patriot:

E-Tank posted:

I don't know. I mean, it was an ARAM. . .*ARAM*. Nobody should give a poo poo about ARAMs.

Just wait until ranked arams come out.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Methanar posted:

So it nerfed Methanar and buffed every other Akali player ever.
cool.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
50 armor/mr every fight is not worth 100% movement speed for 1 second when entering.

Sorry.

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

E-Tank posted:

I don't know. I mean, it was a VIDEOGAME. . .*VIDEOGAME*. Nobody should give a poo poo about VIDEOGAMEs.

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

:patriot:

Urgot free week!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Headline
Jul 9, 2008

by XyloJW

Actually its about ethics in games journalism

• Locked thread