Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
I'm entertaining the possibility of my username becoming "a stray cat"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xeose4
Sep 22, 2014

RC Cola posted:

What if I want to achieve it in 2 years? Is there a way to do that?

Get Runaan's Bonds, everyone loves to buy those.

Headline
Jul 9, 2008

by XyloJW

RC Cola posted:

What if I want to achieve it in 2 years? Is there a way to do that?

New Yorick Skin looking good

Headline
Jul 9, 2008

by XyloJW

Headline posted:

New Yorick Skin looking good

Ugh god not another reason for idiots to play Yorick.... A spectre is haunting League of Legends

Headline
Jul 9, 2008

by XyloJW

Headline posted:

Ugh god not another reason for idiots to play Yorick.... A spectre is haunting League of Legends

No man you're thinking of nocturne

Headline
Jul 9, 2008

by XyloJW
Noc ate some heavy nerfs in the 89-91 season but you never know, they say hes got the kit to really take over, the meta of farm reliant champions is just too unstable imo for him not to eventually make a comeback, if league of legends is even still around when the meta shifts lol

Headline fucked around with this message at 09:44 on Oct 29, 2014

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
now that Keven only posts "why isn't every champ like ap sion" I declare Headline funniest poster

Headline
Jul 9, 2008

by XyloJW
Some people say noc never left the Chinese scene but those who follow it closely can tell you he really hasn't been seen since the 76-80 seasons, 91 at the latest. Get it? noc hasn't been SEEN? MAYBE HES BEEN ULTING THE WHOLE TIME

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
I miss AP Sion and if they'd change him back but keep the new graphics I'd play him a ton. AP Sion was the poo poo. It's like Annie but with even fewer buttons for when you just want to blow poo poo up.

Laverna posted:

On an unrelated note, one of my friends gave me a code for MF and her arcade skin (!!!) that he got off a friend since he knew that I've wanted to get her for a while now.
What are some tried and true MF builds? I tried her out in a hexakill game and had a brief argument with one of my friends over what items would be good for her, I thought that a bit of CDR would be good on her because she uses skills quite a bit but he disagreed and said go straight damage.
Can any MF players chip in/explain?

I only just caught up and saw this post and you're both correct. The best stat on Miss Fortune is Attack Damage. Every other stat is significantly worse. I usually do Zerker greaves but I could totally accept an argument for CDR boots if you rush them post 6 to take objectives across the map. If you're not going to do that, don't get them.

If you go IE, PD, LW as your first 3 items, you can duel a lot of assassins and win by bursting their faces off. Mercurial Scimitar is a very good defensive item on MF because you have enough damage and lifesteal to survive pretty much anything if you aren't stunned and because 80 AD is 80 AD. I played a game recently against a Karthus top and TF mid and got caught 1v2'ing them in a teamfight at one point. TF flash-gold-carded me but I QSS'd and killed both him and Karthus in 3 seconds without dropping below 50% HP from pure lifestealing.

I am becoming less and less convinced by Triforce on her and I think my default lategame build in most cases would be:

IE
PD
LW
BT
Merc Scim
Zerker Greaves (into Zephyr eventually)

Headline
Jul 9, 2008

by XyloJW

The Mash posted:

I miss AP Sion and if they'd change him back but keep the new graphics I'd play him a ton. AP Sion was the poo poo. It's like Annie but with even fewer buttons for when you just want to blow poo poo up.

I only just caught up and saw this post and you're both correct. The best stat on Miss Fortune is Attack Damage. Every other stat is significantly worse. I usually do Zerker greaves but I could totally accept an argument for CDR boots if you rush them post 6 to take objectives across the map. If you're not going to do that, don't get them.

If you go IE, PD, LW as your first 3 items, you can duel a lot of assassins and win by bursting their faces off. Mercurial Scimitar is a very good defensive item on MF because you have enough damage and lifesteal to survive pretty much anything if you aren't stunned and because 80 AD is 80 AD. I played a game recently against a Karthus top and TF mid and got caught 1v2'ing them in a teamfight at one point. TF flash-gold-carded me but I QSS'd and killed both him and Karthus in 3 seconds without dropping below 50% HP from pure lifestealing.

I am becoming less and less convinced by Triforce on her and I think my default lategame build in most cases would be:

IE
PD
LW
BT
Merc Scim

LMAO this build is pure Togliatti

Headline
Jul 9, 2008

by XyloJW
AND BEFORE ANY MATH NERDS SHOW UP. IM TALKING PALMIRO NOT EUGENIO

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

Methanar has taught me well. All hail op champ azir

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Teach me your ways Bond. Give us a writeup or something because I just can't do well with him, I feel so useless early

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

Headline posted:

You really want 20% CDR for 5 year plan since it lets you achieve the 5 year plan in 4 years.

hahahahaha

Laverna
Mar 21, 2013

The Mash posted:

IE
PD
LW
BT
Merc Scim

Thanks for this!
I'll try this out and hopefully once I get comfortable with her I can figure out which slight variation of adc build I like best.
What are your reasons for choosing PD over Shiv? It seems other people in this thread preferred Shiv so I'm curious what the arguments for/against are.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Headline is the Runaan's Hurricane of this thread, because every time see him I shrug and wish it was an IE.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
Headline is a gentleman and a scholar and his economics jokes were goddamn hilarious. :golfclap:

I love the random (accidental?) Endless Legend post in there though.

I take it nobody is playing Hexakill anymore? Haven't seen it mentioned in the thread for awhile.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

Headline posted:

You really want 20% CDR for 5 year plan since it lets you achieve the 5 year plan in 4 years.

loving :laffo:

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Hexakill is just an army of Kats fighting each other. It gets dull.

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014
The more you quote me, the worse I post :smug:
ASK ME ABOUT HOW I DON'T NEED TO READ TO PLAY LEAGUE OF LEGENDS
I just played my first ever game as renekton against a fiora top. Holy poo poo he's an effective pusher and farmer, and once You have a SF cape and a SV you're unstoppable. I think I like him as much as if not more than garen now. is it worth dropping a flash for an ignite on him?

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
If you want to see the future of Twisted Treeline, imagine twelve Katarinas Death Blossoming on a human face - forever.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

Laverna posted:

Thanks for this!
I'll try this out and hopefully once I get comfortable with her I can figure out which slight variation of adc build I like best.
What are your reasons for choosing PD over Shiv? It seems other people in this thread preferred Shiv so I'm curious what the arguments for/against are.

Shiv would be a fine choice in most cases. I have an innate dislike of the item and I almost always build PD over Shiv on every ADC so that particular recommendation can be ignored.

On MF particularly, the argument for PD would be that your best defense against an assassin diving you in a 1v1 is finishing him off in one auto-Q-auto combo (assuming he's been wounded a little by your ult), in which case PD is better for the higher crit chance.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

ungulateman posted:

imagine twelve Katarinas Death Blossoming on a human face

Is this a euphemism

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?
The 'Little Death' Blossom.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

itsjustdrew posted:

I just played my first ever game as renekton against a fiora top. Holy poo poo he's an effective pusher and farmer, and once You have a SF cape and a SV you're unstoppable. I think I like him as much as if not more than garen now. is it worth dropping a flash for an ignite on him?

You should definitely take ignite on Renekton, he's a lane bully and basically wants to split push constantly anyway.

He's not as good as he used to be. They hit his early game hard the last time they changed him, so he can't always win lane, and if he doesn't win lane then he's going to have trouble ending the game as early as he needs to. He falls off really badly in the late game.

I used to be a renekton main and I still love pulling him out on Treeline from time to time, but he's not in a good place right now. Last time I played him, I couldn't even drive Nasus out of lane. His cooldowns are all way too long, in my opinion.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
If Renekton doesn't win his lane he is about as useful as a dildo

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Lovechop posted:

If Renekton doesn't win his lane he is about as useful as a dildo

Dildos are actually very useful appliances, I don't understand this analogy.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Darth Windu posted:

Dildos are actually very useful appliances, I don't understand this analogy.

Let's all make fun of the fit dude with the cool dildo

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Lovechop posted:

Let's all make fun of the fit dude with the cool dildo

Yeah, okay, that'll make us cool. Not like he has a good time enjoying his sexuality with a modern invention that takes pleasure to a whole new level. /sarcasm

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

Renekton is still a lane bully and still beats most people. You just have to be able to snowball off it.

Additionally, people are now starting to forget how to play against him because he's become less popular.

I recommend tiamat into Sunfire. You need a big stick of damage on Renekton to really be a thread to an ADC. And don't try to fight Vayne unless you have flash and ignite.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Darth Windu posted:

Yeah, okay, that'll make us cool. Not like he has a good time enjoying his sexuality with a modern invention that takes pleasure to a whole new level. /sarcasm

could you go into more detail on this

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

Gowby intensifies.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

NTT posted:

Methanar has taught me well. All hail op champ azir

Would you say he's been the driving force behind your recent ranked promotion?

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Libertine posted:

Owned

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

Libertine posted:

Hey man, Shaco's got an 80% winrate, he must be OP.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
I can't even deny it, i win every non azir game but i lose like 2/3rds of my azir games so i don't go anywhere lol

e; oh and it's 8 and 13 now. Probably 10 of those 13 games were me feeding because i never played the champ before and was spamming him blind pick in diamond q

these are my last 4 games played

its curtains for Kevin fucked around with this message at 13:43 on Oct 29, 2014

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

curiousCat posted:

I'm entertaining the possibility of my username becoming "a stray cat"

i'll change to A Stray Dog if you do this

also headline reminds me of that old experiment youtube did where before they allowed people's comments to be posted on videos they had to have them read back to them, except with headline theres a slight delay

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

So was the Imp zone closed or what caused this sudden increase of shitposting?

stump collector
May 28, 2007

NTT posted:

I can't even deny it, i win every non azir game but i lose like 2/3rds of my azir games so i don't go anywhere lol

e; oh and it's 8 and 13 now. Probably 10 of those 13 games were me feeding because i never played the champ before and was spamming him blind pick in diamond q

these are my last 4 games played

lmao you built a loving guinsoo's

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

The call-outs are strong in this thread

• Locked thread