Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anny-Mouse
Mar 1, 2008

Not only are your breasts flat, but you're also boring.
probably streaming and beating all 4 original ps2 dot hack games in a month OP. What a wild ride.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014
One-lifing Super Mario World. A lot of other small things have made me jump up and yell about how awesome that was, as well, but nothing specific actually comes to mind.

Bobnumerotres posted:

i got a high score in audio surf on a really long song from an anime

I have the high score on some obscure stoner metal tracks (Stoned Jesus loving rules), but since nobody else has ever played them I really don't think it counts.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Anny-Mouse posted:

probably streaming and beating all 4 original ps2 dot hack games in a month OP. What a wild ride.

Did you do the postgame dungeon in 4. It was pretty bad.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer
i killed quad-minigun wielding hitler in Wolfenstein 3-d, every moment since then has just been a disappointment.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

muddream posted:

stopping a anita sarkeesian lecture from happening

Piss off.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Mach2 posted:

One-lifing Super Mario World. A lot of other small things have made me jump up and yell about how awesome that was, as well, but nothing specific actually comes to mind.

I have the high score on some obscure stoner metal tracks (Stoned Jesus loving rules), but since nobody else has ever played them I really don't think it counts.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

lmao

BoredDG
Aug 10, 2013

I beat a hard game that one month
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3655783&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=6

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Hell, all this time I've been missing Phallic Baldwin, there's been a perfectly suitable replacement for him right under my nose.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
i beat nethack once

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.
Ys: The Oath in Felghana's Nightmare Boss Rush cleared.

For those of you who haven't tried this yet, I implore you to start playing it, and tell me how far you get in and how long you've spent attempting this before you throw down your controller/keyboard and say "gently caress it".

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Wormskull posted:

Hell, all this time I've been missing Phallic Baldwin, there's been a perfectly suitable replacement for him right under my nose.

:staredog:

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012
i was the best american super turbo player in 2005.

Iron Casanova
Dec 7, 2012

Visual SHOCK! Speed SHOCK! Sound SHOCK!

Babylon Astronaut posted:

i was the best american super turbo player in 2005.

Did you go to Evo? Are you DSP?

Iron Casanova fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Oct 29, 2014

Anny-Mouse
Mar 1, 2008

Silver Striker posted:

Did you do the postgame dungeon in 4. It was pretty bad.

I did and they all were. They were real fun in my memory but boy 90% of the dungeons were just awful in those games when i replayed em.

For some reason they're all worth like 100 dollars to game collectors so i'm going to sell them

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Anny-Mouse posted:

I did and they all were. They were real fun in my memory but boy 90% of the dungeons were just awful in those games when i replayed em.

For some reason they're all worth like 100 dollars to game collectors so i'm going to sell them

I actually really liked them aside from the postgame dungeon. I was a dumb kid at the time though.

Anny-Mouse
Mar 1, 2008

Silver Striker posted:

I actually really liked them aside from the postgame dungeon. I was a dumb kid at the time though.

yeah if you try to play them again they're really bland. Still love them though.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

I remember some of the bosses had stupid amounts of HP but at least they had cool designs.

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

100% no death run of pikmin 2

Tipster
Mar 7, 2013

i went to a pokemon event at the mall. i played in the tournament and won a boulder badge

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

I beat Jaws for the NES.

My brother and friends didn't even know that was possible.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
beating all 215 levels of The Even More Incredible Machine as a retarded childe

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

GewuerzKahn posted:

Not wasting gaming time with mmorpgs, mp console shooter, mobas and early access sandbox games.

This is admirable.

My greatest achievement was a no-kill run of Deus Ex on realistic, with the better AI/more lethal weapons mod.
Also 1ccing Gigawing.

and 12 dominations in TF2 as Blue on pl_goldrush :cool:

muddream posted:

stopping a anita sarkeesian lecture from happening

lol

Zero Star
Jan 22, 2006

Robit the paranoid blogger.
rescuing every last Mudokon in Abe's Oddysee

then doing it all again when Abe's Exoddus came out

such a shame that every Oddworld game since has been poo poo :(

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
touching delphox inappropriately in pokemon amie

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

Looper posted:

pictured

link will do just about anything to get a good upskirt for the ol' fap-bank

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.
having most systems and 1 engine shot out by a strela brdm and then blindfire killing it with the gau8 in dcs: a-10c

Kobold eBooks
Mar 5, 2007

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AN OPEN PALM SLAM A CARTRIDGE IN THE SUPER FAMICOM. ITS E-ZEAO AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE THE MAIN CHARACTER, CORPORAL FALCOM.
one-lifing solomon's key was a wild ride

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

achieving a hemoglobin a1c level of 11%

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

GewuerzKahn posted:

Not wasting gaming time with mmorpgs, mp console shooter, mobas and early access sandbox games.

utlima online was epic

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

777 hours played in mount & blade and still being loving awful at it

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Wormskull posted:

lol

crazkylo
Dec 20, 2008

Set the world aflame!
I caught all 251 Pokemon in Silver version.

And used my GameBoy printer to print off my diploma to prove it.
:c00lbert:

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

No Such Thing posted:

100% no death run of pikmin 2

Dammit man, I didn't think my achievement could be topped in this thread and then along you come and post that.

How many times did you press X + B + Start in that run?

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

caught all 150 pokemon in the original pokemon red

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

babypolis posted:

caught all 150 pokemon in the original pokemon red

Erm there are 151 Pokemon in Pokemon red?

Azraelle
Jan 13, 2008

beat solomon's key and got the best ending

Popular Human
Jul 17, 2005

and if it's a lie, terrorists made me say it
I won a Virtual Boy jacket at the State Fair one year by beating a bunch of other people at a timed challenge version of Donkey Kong Country.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Slur posted:

Dammit man, I didn't think my achievement could be topped in this thread and then along you come and post that.

How many times did you press X + B + Start in that run?

On the run where I did it, not too many. There's usually only one or two floors per later level dungeon that eat up resets, and patience and knowledge go a long way with that game.

on all the previous runs, learning grouping strategies, possible level layouts, monster behavior, etc I reset a ton.

• Locked thread