Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skychrono
May 11, 2007

I'll make you cry like I did when my daddy died!
I don't think people distrust him entirely, more like... most people can't believe he really doesn't believe everything. Like the news station anchor.

And yeah, the first episode was a bit frustrating, but it's not the first time they've been lied to.

Lanie and Espo started getting together at the wedding last season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

They had footage of Castle putting the money in the dumpster and there wasn't anyone in frame pointing a gun at him. Case closed.

klf11
Aug 17, 2014
good episode, wish castle could have gotten to play around in the cloaky suit some first

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Pwnstar posted:

They had footage of Castle putting the money in the dumpster and there wasn't anyone in frame pointing a gun at him. Case closed.

Castle is obviously strapped with a bomb.

MaskedTai
May 30, 2011
"I had become Frodo, and the suit was the 'One Ring to Rule Them All'!"

This had better be the last season of this show, because the writers for this episode are making me cringe at the show as much as every other police procedural.

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
This was a fun one. Castle and Beckett getting themselves back on track and getting their attempts at sexytimes thwarted was enjoyable. Sure, the case was implausible but I've stopped expecting anything resembling reality from the show years ago.

Probably in the minority here, but I'm intrigued by the story arc with Castle's disappearance. It'll be nice to see him get some drama and backstory for a change.

Next week looks like a Kindergarten Cop homage. Should be a hoot.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know

MaskedTai posted:

"I had become Frodo, and the suit was the 'One Ring to Rule Them All'!"

This had better be the last season of this show, because the writers for this episode are making me cringe at the show as much as every other police procedural.

Immediately followed by "So that was Will's Oppenheimer moment. The suit became the atomic bomb." :suicide:

The episode was pretty entertaining overall - which is all I ask from this show - but jesus christ.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
It is totally believable that Castle and Beckett could both be overpowered by the small female scientist. That made perfect sense. I'm also not sure why she cared about getting the keycard at all, or if it was truly that important, why the government people didn't go take it.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Bigass Moth posted:

It is totally believable that Castle and Beckett could both be overpowered by the small female scientist.

Well she was asian so she obviously knew kungfu

MaskedTai
May 30, 2011
Last night's episode had some strange pacing. The bits with Castle messing around in a second grade classroom were fantastic, but it was strange to see them cut from that to "Hey this mobster was torturing someone".

At least they pulled a switcheroo on the witness. Wasn't expecting the kid to not be the witness, but Chekhov's Camera was in full force.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Princess Castle is great.

Nathan Fillion should play a magical girl when Castle is done.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat

Sereri posted:

Well she was asian so she obviously knew kungfu

Plus she was invisible and she had some anger issues because Jerry van Dyke wouldn't let her get the dollar.

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
I demand a spin-off series in which Castle becomes a kindergarten teacher and wears the tiara and fairy wings in every episode. I think my ovaries exploded during that scene.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

I always laugh at the semi-Metal Gear dialogue in cop shows.

"Looks like this guy was a member of the Bratva"

"You mean Russian organised crime!?!"

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Killer is Castle's behind the scenes camera phone guy.

Guess not.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Oct 28, 2014

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
Their voices will echo off the tiles!

That information could have been written into the interrogation a little better.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

Aphrodite posted:

Killer is Castle's behind the scenes camera phone guy.

Guess not.

People claim that it's "always" the third (non-corpse) guest star who appears, but that is not *always* true, for example, the bad guy in this episode didn't make an appearance at all until like 40 minutes in.

Another note - this was an episode which had a ticking clock and a suspect refusing to cooperate, and Beckett didn't break out the pliers and rubber hoses, she just simply talked at his psychological weak point.

It was nice to see Detective Vecchio again, though.

MaskedTai
May 30, 2011
NETSLAYER:black101:

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
I thought for sure it was going to be the behind-the-scenes camera guy.

Poor Castle and his embarrassing web commercial. Still, I'd do one of those if I'd get a million readers' eyes on my books.

The good news: next episode has the wedding! :toot:

The bad news: they're taking next week off. :bang:

TheAngryDrunk
Jan 31, 2003

"I don't know why I know that; I took four years of Spanish."

Andorra posted:

Their voices will echo off the tiles!

Wasn't there, like, 7 minutes left when he said that? How did they get there so fast?

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
They used that same teleportation Castle used to get to Montreal and back so quickly a few episodes ago.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

TheAngryDrunk posted:

Wasn't there, like, 7 minutes left when he said that? How did they get there so fast?

Every show basically ignores things like travel time or traffic. The Blacklist has people jetting 24/7 without really taking into account travel time.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

TheAngryDrunk posted:

The high school was actually re-tooled to be used as the police station. The guys were being held in the police locker room. Lucky coincidence!

edit: That's actually one of the things that kinda annoys me about Castle, the fact that they insist on having one of the main 4 do everything. This would be another easy situation to handle off-screen with "Thankfully there was a patrol unit nearby that got there in time" or something vs having Ryan be all "HOW CAN WE STOP THESE TAPED ON PADS FROM KILLING THEM"

Azhais fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Oct 29, 2014

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Azhais posted:

edit: That's actually one of the things that kinda annoys me about Castle, the fact that they insist on having one of the main 4 do everything. This would be another easy situation to handle off-screen with "Thankfully there was a patrol unit nearby that got there in time" or something vs having Ryan be all "HOW CAN WE STOP THESE TAPED ON PADS FROM KILLING THEM"

This happens in every episode of Castle but the one where a guy's wife faked her death to get her and his kid away from abuse. They called NJ state PD for that or something.

Also the one where they caught the prison escapee at a fast food joint?

TheAngryDrunk
Jan 31, 2003

It's one thing if it was some vague deadline they were trying to beat. I know a lot of shows take liberty with traveling distances, but when you're dealing with an actual ticking clock, the writers should be a bit more cognizant of these things.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They actually regularly have suspects picked up by officers and Beckett only meets them in the interrogation room.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Aphrodite posted:

They actually regularly have suspects picked up by officers and Beckett only meets them in the interrogation room.

That's why this one was particularly bad, they are usually okay with having uniformed police officers do some of the work.

Ryan and Espo are at the police station when the hour deadline hits. Within a half an hour Ryan and Espo are in the offices watching people code. With only 7 minutes left, they are then in an abandoned high school. Even if the police station was immediately next to the corporate offices of NotTumblr, it would have still taken them a solid 10 minutes to go from one building to another.

It's actually amazing that they got the Netslayer back to the station and into interrogation before the hour was up.

Oz
Sep 10, 2003

Minion Of Relin
They could've solved all those problems by just making the time limit longer. Why an hour?

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
Maybe Time Travel Dude from a couple seasons ago sprinkled the precinct with some magic time travel dust or something. Doesn't bother me, but I gave up anything resembling realism from this show back in season 2.

direspoon
Jul 8, 2006

Is that a spoon around your neck, or are you just happy to see me?

Wasn't Netslayer the third character revealed after the boyfriend and the acupuncturist? It'd be changing up the formula, but he was still the third! Not counting behind-the-scenes camera phone guy, who I also suspected immediately.

TheAngryDrunk
Jan 31, 2003

direspoon posted:

Wasn't Netslayer the third character revealed after the boyfriend and the acupuncturist? It'd be changing up the formula, but he was still the third! Not counting behind-the-scenes camera phone guy, who I also suspected immediately.

The cop.

direspoon
Jul 8, 2006

Is that a spoon around your neck, or are you just happy to see me?

drat. These writers have no idea what they're doing!

The Red Queen
Jan 20, 2007

You tricked me!

You said dis place was fun, but it ain't!
Most episodes: "Unfortunately there wasn't a camera covering this part of the city so we can't catch this murderer!"
This episode: "Anonymity lets people run amok!"

I love Castle but sometimes it feels like there's an agenda.

The Red Queen
Jan 20, 2007

You tricked me!

There will probably be an episode where they figure out the killer has been treated by a certain doctor and then bemoan that HIPAA laws won't let them sequester his files right away. (Quote is not edit)

Dr Jankenstein
Aug 6, 2009

Hold the newsreader's nose squarely, waiter, or friendly milk will countermand my trousers.

Aphrodite posted:

Procedurals, amirite?

The fun of procedurals is never the procedure, it's the characters. (Law and Order vanilla might be the only exception to this). Nobody watches NCIS for the cases, they do it for Gibbs and Tony. (And McGee, and Abby...but considering the target demo of procedurals is retired women, it's mostly Gibbs and Tony), nobody watches SVU for the cases, its about the cast (and Christopher Meloni before he beamed back to his home planet). And nobody watches Castle for the cases. They do it for Beckett&Castle and to a lesser extent the Wacky Hijinx.

Tonights the wedding though, right? Cause I'm so watching this.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

AA is for Quitters posted:

Tonights the wedding though, right? Cause I'm so watching this.

Apparently what makes them finally get married is Castle ends up going to an alternate world where he and Beckett never met. I am so down for that.

Dr Jankenstein
Aug 6, 2009

Hold the newsreader's nose squarely, waiter, or friendly milk will countermand my trousers.

MrFlibble posted:

Apparently what makes them finally get married is Castle ends up going to an alternate world where he and Beckett never met. I am so down for that.

Do you really need to spoil that? I forgot that was this episode, but dude, it's been all over the promos on ABC for WEEKS.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Eh, if he didn't put it in spoiler tags, someone would bitch about it.

TheAngryDrunk
Jan 31, 2003

AA is for Quitters posted:

Do you really need to spoil that? I forgot that was this episode, but dude, it's been all over the promos on ABC for WEEKS.

I haven't seen it.I don't really care, but I can assure you that not everyone has seen it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Red Queen
Jan 20, 2007

You tricked me!

From the Standards & Practices thread:

"SPOILER RULES: Are you talking about something that's already aired in an episode on the East Coast? Then you don't need spoiler tags. Are you talking about something that you only saw in a preview, or a commercial, or or due to a leaked ANYTHING? Then you need spoiler tags."

• Locked thread