Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

TARDISman posted:

It'd be pretty funny if the "third mode" was the thing from the end of episode 7.

Instructionsheet: Take the frame parts, hold above a fire, jam in some clear rods.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Are there any major issues with the GNX or the Enact (specifically al-Saachez's but as far as I can see it's just a recolour)?

Because those are my next purchases (My Masurao arrives tomorrow :dance: Although I know I'll probably need to put it up on it's base because it has stability issues)

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Are there any major issues with the GNX or the Enact (specifically al-Saachez's but as far as I can see it's just a recolour)?

Because those are my next purchases (My Masurao arrives tomorrow :dance: Although I know I'll probably need to put it up on it's base because it has stability issues)

I've actually built both those and they go together well. The Enact is a little floppy because of the transformation but the GN-X is really solid.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
re chrome plating on rg exia/astraea: is there any way to remove chrome plating or make it look not like dog poo poo without stripping the part or just painting over the chrome entirely

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Is there something like Dalong for SD kits? Dalong only has the vanilla SD models and not that line of armored/gimmicky ones.

.. Why yes the latest episode of BF-Try gave me an idea. :v:

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Well it didn't take very long.

All those poor Mocks :smith:

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
If the Mock is cheap enough, we should have a Mock Battle. Who can build the coolest Mock?

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

PoptartsNinja posted:

If the Mock is cheap enough, we should have a Mock Battle. Who can build the coolest Mock?

Didn't someone mention it was only 800 yen? That's only around $7.40 or £4.60.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

PoptartsNinja posted:

Could do a version of the Gundam Virtue. With the Mock Trial System.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Build Fighters has led to some really neat dioramas.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Didn't someone mention it was only 800 yen? That's only around $7.40 or £4.60.

Yeah, that's right. The Mock Armory's also listed at 400 Yen.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today

MJP posted:

I'm watching ZZ for the first time and just saw the Jamru Fin. The only kit of it looks to be ancient pre-HG stuff. It runs around $40.

Is it worth even bothering if all I want is to have it in its default flight-lookin' mode?

Not for forty frickin' dollars, no. Not by a long shot.

Polikarpov
Jun 1, 2013

Keep it between the buoys

I have no idea where to start, please send help.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Azipod posted:

RG RX782 is a pile of poo poo and you will hate every moment of it. I don't regret buying it because it got me into the hobby but MAN.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Azipod posted:

Build the GM so it and the Zaku II can have it out.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
I'm tempted to make the RG RX-78 my next build just to see if it's really as bad as they say, but I've got an untouched MG Sazabi and Hi-Nu sitting here in mute testimony to me being a lazy piece of crap so I dunno.

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

Bimmi posted:

I'm tempted to make the RG RX-78 my next build just to see if it's really as bad as they say, but I've got an untouched MG Sazabi and Hi-Nu sitting here in mute testimony to me being a lazy piece of crap so I dunno.

It really isn't. I really enjoyed building mine.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
I have a weird fascination for kits with bad reputations. Almost added an MG V-Dash to my 2014 haul before reality intervened. Maybe next year!

ChaiCalico
May 23, 2008

What is the lag time typically between a new kit release and amazon US sellers getting them? Alternatively which japan based sellers on amazon are good to deal with.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Cat Hatter posted:

With a few exceptions, it's not a bad kit to build, and I've accepted that having itty bitty pieces means that's going to happen. The problem is it's a horribly fragile bastard.

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

Should do fine against cats.
I once dropped my RG RX from about elbow height. The only thing that exploded was the shoulders. Either it's not as fragile as all that, or I'm some sort of Meijin.

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL

The Missing Link posted:

I once dropped my RG RX from about elbow height. The only thing that exploded was the shoulders. Either it's not as fragile as all that, or I'm some sort of Meijin.

The most fragile part on mine is the ankle strap. But I bet if you dropped it right those little buttons you pop on the joints would go flying off too.

Overall the RX782 RG was a fuckin chore to build, I hope the MG Buster Gundam is a little bit better. The poses are pretty cool though.

Just gotta paint it up and finish assembling it's weapons + shield.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

madpanda posted:

What is the lag time typically between a new kit release and amazon US sellers getting them? Alternatively which japan based sellers on amazon are good to deal with.

What's wrong with just getting them from HLJ.com?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Razzled posted:

The most fragile part on mine is the ankle strap. But I bet if you dropped it right those little buttons you pop on the joints would go flying off too.

Overall the RX782 RG was a fuckin chore to build, I hope the MG Buster Gundam is a little bit better. The poses are pretty cool though.

Just gotta paint it up and finish assembling it's weapons + shield.

MG Buster and most of the other Strike - based MGs are good.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Cat Hatter posted:

Does the RG Zaku II have a better rep? I really liked building that, except for the tiny stickers that just won't stay put.

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

madpanda posted:

It takes anywhere from almost immediately to a few weeks. Usually never more than a month. Amazon's become my go-to for Gunpla for a while now. Roughly same price as shipping from Japan, but with Prime in the equation, I can get that kit I want shipped to my door in two days flat.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

I'm seriously considering Prime just for lightning-quick gunpla shipping.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

I'm seriously considering Prime just for lightning-quick gunpla shipping.

Ditto.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

The shipping delay is a natural brake on stockpiling, circumvent it with care.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Midjack posted:

You make a good point. If I can have gunpla on demand, my bank manager is going to visit my house with a bat.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer

Midjack posted:

This. I wanted to dive into an MG Rick Dom, but lack of domestic availability - and 3-4 weeks to ship via an Amazon seller- is forcing me to build Rex to clear my small backlog.

It's a good thing.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
Prime is a mixed bag. A lot of the time you are definitely paying for that extra shipping speed, sometimes it's a straight up benefit. If you want specialized poo poo like when I bought the AGE-1 Razor set I had no Amazon option period.

Speaking of backlog my mine just expanded to include a Sword Impulse HG, Airmaster "Gundam X" HG, Gunpla Builders Beginning J, and Exia Repair HG. I love me some swords.

Also I got my paint situation figured out and it just needs testing after I receive the goods. If anyone is interested in custom paints and paint markers ask me in 2 weeks and I should be able to talk allllllllll about it.

signalnoise fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Oct 30, 2014

Dirty Deeds Done
Apr 8, 2009

OI OI OI OI OI OI
All my money turned into this

I'm pretty okay with it.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
Now THAT is how you backlog. :v:

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I have finally worked down my HG backlog to just 2 kits. I've had alot of fun building these HG kits they seem to lack alot of posing and break down ability. Will be moving up to MG pretty soon after a break to make some cars.

John Carstairs
Nov 18, 2007
Space Detective
I feel like I'm doing it wrong. I've only got one kit waiting to be built, which arrived today, and it's only waiting because some of the supplies won't get here until the weekend. :v:

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

John Carstairs posted:

I feel like I'm doing it wrong. I've only got one kit waiting to be built, which arrived today, and it's only waiting because some of the supplies won't get here until the weekend. :v:

I'm pretty sure you have a gift. I have too many waiting due to bad willpower.

Dirty Deeds Done
Apr 8, 2009

OI OI OI OI OI OI
I should note I've also got a bootleg Tallgeese 3, a Hi-nu Ka and a constantly unfinished due to laziness kitbash in the backlog as well as all of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Metal Build Destiny WoL was finally announced!

Aaaaaand it's a sold separately attachment. Thank god I just got MG Destiny Extreme Blast instead, I don't think my wallet could take this.

EDIT: Also a fuckton of RD announcements. G-Defenser, Hyaku Shiki, Mega Bazooka Launcher, Amuro's ZIII, Gunblaster, Gun-EZ, Crossbone X1 Kai, Fuunsaiki, and Rising.
Bandai you bastards, I thought I was done with Late UC RDs

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Oct 30, 2014

• Locked thread