Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
the first two Epic Pros Supercard has given me have been divas. this game is evil

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happitoo
Nov 24, 2005

We are going to go for the store, then the district manager. Then WE ARE GOING TO THE CORPORATE OFFICE AND THEN TO THE EXECUTIVES! DXRYAHHHHHHHHH!!

Swagger Dagger posted:

He had 40000-something last time I looked.

I'm not sure I buy that but whatever, it's actually sadder than botting.

That's the thing. That's like $300-$400 right there on title matches. I'd rather someone think I was cheating than know I dropped likely closer to $500 to win a couple cards.

On the bright side, thanks to the last people's choice, I'm done trying to chase epics. I had a ton stockpiled in case I got a second to make pros with, but because of the people's choice I got a second legendary Cena. Combined with the Legendary KOTR I'm in right now, and should be able to make it to the finals I'll have 4 legendary pros after today (Edge, Yoko, Cena & whoever I get) and can stop giving a poo poo about possibly needing epics. I'm actually hoping for a diva as my legendary Nikki is getting clowned every time she goes into a match as most people I'm competing against in exhibition have pro divas.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Got to the finals in epic again, now I have Brie (who is actually technically the best Epic Diva apparently) and Macho Man :toot:

Hopefully I can get a left arrow next.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Currently I'm running Team Hoss: Rusev, Andre, Lesnar and Henry. Oh and Brie, the hoss-est of the Divas.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
It's worth noting that if you're picking up 2k15 for PS4, there's a Digital Deluxe edition which includes Hulk Hogan and the Showcase Season Pass for $80, which is cheaper than the game + Season Pass.

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

triplexpac posted:

Currently I'm running Team Hoss: Rusev, Andre, Lesnar and Henry. Oh and Brie, the hoss-est of the Divas.

Brie isn't even the hoss-est Bella Twin. :colbert:

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Corzaa posted:

Brie isn't even the hoss-est Bella Twin. :colbert:

Someone hasn't seen her get wasted and go Brie Mode all over a bar ::colbert:

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Brie has pissed on more women than Elgin ever had. Therefore Brie is the hossest.

RudoReels
Feb 21, 2013

RudoReels.com for International Pro Wrestling DVDs and Downloads.

Free downloads in every newsletter email!
Rented 2k15, it's decent.

Lots of improvements in universe (though still have the same gripes I did 3 years ago) and murdering fools with Rusev is good times.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Are there any notable changes to setting up brands or shows in Universe Mode? Also thanks for the roster update KFG.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Sky Shadowing posted:

It's worth noting that if you're picking up 2k15 for PS4, there's a Digital Deluxe edition which includes Hulk Hogan and the Showcase Season Pass for $80, which is cheaper than the game + Season Pass.

Does this also include Sting?

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Sting is in all preorders. Hogan is the edition-gated character.

epitasis posted:

Are there any notable changes to setting up brands or shows in Universe Mode? Also thanks for the roster update KFG.

Not that I've noticed. As noted, they tightened up storylines around WM season but show-to-show it seems unchanged mostly.

One thing they seem to have done is adjusted the attribute scoring algorithm to clamp down on inflation - high card guys are still in the 90's (Cena's still at 96, Dbry at 94, etc) but the mean stat range for the rest of the card seems to have dropped to the 84-85 range (in 2k14 the average was around 88 and only true jobbers went below 86). You'll definitely notice it when making CAWs - the scores that would have brought a guy to 89 in 2k14 now put you around 92 or 93, so the weights are definitely different. I don't know if that just affects simulations or what.

I think I'm going to do what I've done previously and just fast forward a full year to see where the rankings end up. I already find myself a bit bored, honestly - without the gameplay changes that are presumably in the next-gen versions it feels like I've done it all. Legendary difficulty seems to have tightened up its reversal windows, so it's not a total snooze at least.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Fooly Cooly 25 posted:

Quick list of active wrestlers/divas missing from 2K15:

Alicia Fox
Otunga
Diego
Fernando
El Torito
Eva Marie
Health Slater
Huncio
Layla
Rosa Mendes
Sin Cara
Zack Ryder

That's pretty ridiculous, considering they already had models for a lot of them.
That's actually not bad considering the size of the roster. I'm convinced that all roster complaints come from the fact that the current roster or active wrestlers is just pathetic compared to previous years.

RudoReels
Feb 21, 2013

RudoReels.com for International Pro Wrestling DVDs and Downloads.

Free downloads in every newsletter email!

epitasis posted:

Rivalries are more effective/automatic, booking is a little better, though there's no setting for 'frequency of appearance' so you're still going to want to remove Undertaker from the brand or he'll show up on Smackdown and stuff.

2K thinks the brand split still exists, so there's still a "Raw show" and a "Smackdown show" and you can't have two major shows that share a brand. Frustrating.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

While that's true, two brands that share a title will ignore roster differentiation (unless wrestlers are set to be taken out of the title contention). Since 2k15 was made post-world title unification, Raw and Smackdown essentially pool their rosters and the split is eliminated for all intents and purposes, but that won't hold for new brands. Added brands will have to be daisy chained, eg Raw and Smackdown sharing the WHC, and Smackdown and WCW sharing the IC title. In that case, WCW wrestlers would show up on Smackdown but not on Raw.

It's worth noting that shared tag titles will only produce crossover of teams (and iirc, wrestlers from different brands can be in functional tag teams as long as the tag title links them), and that rivalries can only take place between wrestlers of the same brand, with the exception of title holders. Also, daisy-chained brands will tend to see titles defended more often, as a second monthly PPV featuring WCW per the example above would likely feature IC title bouts alongside similar bouts in the default PPV.

Needs More Jazz
Nov 4, 2009
Did they get rid of that booking bug, where the #1 Contender would be considered "out of the rankings" for a title, so their PPV match would go to the #2 Contender instead? 'cuz it got really annoying having to adjust every PPV card every month.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Do rivalries still completely override rankings and #1 contender's matches in favor of having 10 singles matches between the champ and the guy who the RNG rolled to be their rival?

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

There's an option to turn off automated rivalries if they bother you. Beyond that, it does seem like there's more more variety in rivalry matches. Fighting rival's allies, interference in matches, etc.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

SO apparently, on 2k15 (at least for PS3/XBox360), you can only download TEN wrestlers from Community Creations. If you want download more, you have to EARN it by becoming ranked in online matches.

gently caress you 2K. I'm soooooooo glad I didn't buy your piece of poo poo.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Davros1 posted:

SO apparently, on 2k15 (at least for PS3/XBox360), you can only download TEN wrestlers from Community Creations. If you want download more, you have to EARN it by becoming ranked in online matches.

#gamergate

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Davros1 posted:

SO apparently, on 2k15 (at least for PS3/XBox360), you can only download TEN wrestlers from Community Creations. If you want download more, you have to EARN it by becoming ranked in online matches.]
10/day. If you needed 10 slots filled two days after launch then you must really be hard-up on talent for your superhero wrestling show. It's gonna be funny playing through the MyCareer mode on the PS4 and drawing up matches against Starman, The Hulk and Paul "Roid Monster" Heyman while in NXT. On the other hand, it'll be fun to see so much of the TNA high card pass through NXT as jobbers before never being seen again, just as they would in real life!

Basic Chunnel fucked around with this message at 11:33 on Oct 30, 2014

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Basic Chunnel posted:

10/day. If you needed 10 slots filled two days after launch then you must really be hard-up on talent for your superhero wrestling show.

What if I want to download everyone in New Japan?

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

There aren't even any Finn Balor or Kevin Steen CAWs in the 360 community marketplace yet, so I'd say give them a few weeks. And then give yourself another week to download them all!

There were two KENTA CAWs though, one of which looked better but spelled his ring name Hideyo. Went with the other one.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Basic Chunnel posted:

10/day. If you needed 10 slots filled two days after launch then you must really be hard-up on talent for your superhero wrestling show. It's gonna be funny playing through the MyCareer mode on the PS4 and drawing up matches against Starman, The Hulk and Paul "Roid Monster" Heyman while in NXT. On the other hand, it'll be fun to see so much of the TNA high card pass through NXT as jobbers before never being seen again, just as they would in real life!

Jacked Paul Heyman is something I never knew I needed.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
You should still have some CAWs show up on the main roster as job guys, at least if your dude is getting the Ryback/Goldberg/Rusev push. Only so many times you can squash Heath Slater.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Gaz-L posted:

You should still have some CAWs show up on the main roster as job guys, at least if your dude is getting the Ryback/Goldberg/Rusev push. Only so many times you can squash Heath Slater.

Ironically Heath Slater would have to be a CAW.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
I got a pair of Epic Rey cards, which bumped me up to Legendary tier and got me a Legendary Kane card.

Since I got to Legendary, I've received 7 KOTR boosts in a row when I've cleared the board and nothing else. Good times.

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013
I've started actually using universe mode on 2k14 for the first time (it took a lot of set-up time because I can't do anything like a normal person.) Just had a match that was basically two Red Trainers wearing my CAW's clothes.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i wish we'd see the return of red and green man as dlc chars

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Well there goes any desire to get 2k15.

https://twitter.com/WWEgames/status/527948810605977601

cams
Mar 28, 2003

I'm still gonna get it cause I really don't give a poo poo about having a bunch of CAW's, but seriously... why?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

cams posted:

I'm still gonna get it cause I really don't give a poo poo about having a bunch of CAW's, but seriously... why?

Because people like you won't stop throwing money at them no matter how bad they poo poo up their product?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

oh yeah no sale for sure now. continue card game chat y'all I'm out

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Technical reasons I would imagine. Given the way that CAW limits ballooned over the life of the 360 games it probably has to do with engine optimization, there's so much more data heft in the models now. Kind of suspect that's why the roster is so modest on both gens.

Don't get the the fuss tbh, unless you're really invested in the NJPW low card.

Basic Chunnel fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Oct 31, 2014

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Toshimo posted:

Because people like you won't stop throwing money at them no matter how bad they poo poo up their product?
Hahaha, I haven't bought a WWE game since I owned a PSX and I'm buying this one because the actual gameplay system seems to be fun this time around. Again, I don't give a gently caress about CAWs and the only reason the limit bugs me is cause I find VGCW mildly amusing and this kind of gets in the way of that using the new version.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

2k is a loving joke lmao

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

A bit of an annoyance, but doesn't hurt the actual gameplay in anyway so I will be still getting it :shrug:

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

cams posted:

Hahaha, I haven't bought a WWE game since I owned a PSX and I'm buying this one because the actual gameplay system seems to be fun this time around. Again, I don't give a gently caress about CAWs and the only reason the limit bugs me is cause I find VGCW mildly amusing and this kind of gets in the way of that using the new version.
Gonna be a lot more loser leaves town matches this season

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

If its anything like the older games, you get ____ slots per profile save anyway, so its not the most impossible thing to work around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Lmao

quote:

Sid Justice will appear as a referee and is therefore not playable in the game. #WWE2K15