Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

It's not from me, I can tell you that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

apostateCourier posted:

It's not from me, I can tell you that.

Me either!

Our only scum flip was a JOAT. Would scum have a JOAT and an inventor? Maybe. Actually probably not much can be accomplished though role speculation (except there is no way I believe that all these roles claimed can be town) so I probably should focus on other stuff.

Everything in my gut screams to me that Chili is scum. That being said, I haven't felt right about Quid all game either. We still have the missing kill from N1 and the only viable explanation that we can see from all the claimed roles is that Quid did indeed protect Chili which would then kind of clear them both. This creates a rather confounding situation.

I'm thinking back to PMush clearing Chili and now it makes sense to me. She must have watched Chili, seen Saith visit him, and when Saith said he felt better about Chili she just assumed the Saith had the investigation. Don't know why it took me so long to get that. So we know that Chili visited yuming N1 (which I think he admitted to). I wouldn't entirely rule out Chili poisoning yuming, but it would have to be some slow-acting poison or something that took 2 nights to take effect.

UGH I am talking myself in circles. I do think maybe it is a good idea for people to claim since most everyone has already. I started out as VT, but thanks to our inventors I am now some frankenstein role that it's still better if I don't fully reveal. I don't have any powers that would give insight into what's happened so far.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

Hal Incandenza posted:

We still have the missing kill from N1 and the only viable explanation that we can see from all the claimed roles is that Quid did indeed protect Chili which would then kind of clear them both. This creates a rather confounding situation.

Remember, Yuming had a passive protection on me so long as she was alive. So if the scum tried to kill me, it would have failed regardless of Quid protecting me or not.

And what aboutpoisoning? At this point, you pretty much know I'm yuming's mason, no one else claimed to be her partner. My role was specifically designed to target her, and only her.

I also admitted to killing her. Why would I lie about how I did it? I am fully admitting to killing yuming. I did so on night 3. Is there some kind of implication that would go along with me poisoning her? If I poisoned her on night 2 why would I claim anything the next day? Why would I even target Yuming? There was a legitimate risk of being tracked or watched? I couldn't very well say that I killed her only to have someone go "well why didn't you visit her?"

Regardless, I'm having a hard time understanding why any of that even matters.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Oh right I forgot you claimed that you couldn't be killed while yuming was alive. Did the same thing extend to her?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Hal Incandenza posted:

Oh right I forgot you claimed that you couldn't be killed while yuming was alive. Did the same thing extend to her?

Yeah, their role was basically a giant game of prisoner's dilemma.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

Hal Incandenza posted:

Somewhat. I could protect her, or role block her, or kill her.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

Quidnose (2): Chili, mr.capps
zzyzx (1): Anonymous

Not Voting (5): apostateCourier, Hal Incandenza, Quidnose, Saith, zzyzx

With 7 alive, it's 4 votes to lynch. The current deadline is October 30th, 2014 at 10 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 5 hours, 20 minutes.

There is an anonymous vote on zzyzx.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Here's where the situation gets a little fuzzy for me.

If zzyzx is town, then this hated status thing means that this is lylo. Yet, Quid is 2 votes from getting lynched.

zzyzx, chili, or capps is scum in this scenario. Possibly even two of them.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I would assume if zzyzx is really hated it would go away in LYLO

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Wouldn't zzyzx know if he was hated?

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Why on earth would you assume that?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

apostateCourier posted:

Why on earth would you assume that?

Hated a lot of times goes away at the end of the game to avoid an insta scum win.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Quidnose posted:

Hated a lot of times goes away at the end of the game to avoid an insta scum win.

I have literally never seen that happen.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I've been trying to wrap my head around why scum would target Chili if he is a bad guy.

If Chili is 3p and was partners with Yuming, it would explain scum trying to kill him N1.

Makes perfect sense with the ability to off someone in the game, too. Why would town get the ability to off their scum partner?

##vote Chili

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Quidnose posted:

I've been trying to wrap my head around why scum would target Chili if he is a bad guy.

If Chili is 3p and was partners with Yuming, it would explain scum trying to kill him N1.

Makes perfect sense with the ability to off someone in the game, too. Why would town get the ability to off their scum partner?

##vote Chili

Mafia edit: Town partner, no scum partner.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

apostateCourier posted:

I have literally never seen that happen.

I have!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

zzyzx come tell us if you know what is up!

Saith
Oct 10, 2010

Asahina...
Regular Penguins look just the same!
I am leaning towards Hal and aC being scum. aC claims to have sent 2 inventions to Hal and one to PM the night she died. And nobody else. Additionally, she admitted to visiting PM the night she died - before I had the chance to say who I tracked. To me, it feels like insurance in case I did track her.

What I'm basically saying is that there's only one person who can confirm that they have received an invention from her - and as we have two scum running around, one person isn't really enough.

I admit that I could be entirely wrong about this, but I've been trying to wrap my head around this game and it feels like my brain is twisting into knots - Hal & aC just stand out as suspicious to me. Even moreso than Quidnose claiming doctor or Chili claiming to be a murderer.

Hal, could you please explain this:

Hal Incandenza posted:

I feel pretty good about AC from the masonry. There is one little thing that pinged me but I think it's probably nothing.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Remember, there is more to Quid then his recent claim that should get him voted off, you people really need to reread over what he said the previous days. The guy is suspicious.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Saith posted:

I am leaning towards Hal and aC being scum. aC claims to have sent 2 inventions to Hal and one to PM the night she died. And nobody else. Additionally, she admitted to visiting PM the night she died - before I had the chance to say who I tracked. To me, it feels like insurance in case I did track her.

What I'm basically saying is that there's only one person who can confirm that they have received an invention from her - and as we have two scum running around, one person isn't really enough.

I admit that I could be entirely wrong about this, but I've been trying to wrap my head around this game and it feels like my brain is twisting into knots - Hal & aC just stand out as suspicious to me. Even moreso than Quidnose claiming doctor or Chili claiming to be a murderer.

Hal, could you please explain this:

Well I mean, that is an interesting theory but zzyzx confirms that he gave AC the item that made us a masonry. So really she only gave me one other thing.

Saith
Oct 10, 2010

Asahina...

Hal Incandenza posted:

Well I mean, that is an interesting theory but zzyzx confirms that he gave AC the item that made us a masonry. So really she only gave me one other thing.

Oh. Yeah, I had no idea what you guys were on about when you were discussing the inventions. I guess never mind then!

Saith
Oct 10, 2010

Asahina...
Yeah okay, ##vote Quidnose

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Alright, that is -1

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

We should hear from yuming tomorrow. If not, look real hard at Hal.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

I'm willing to hammer, if we're done talking.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Eh. ##vote Quidnose

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

:redhammer:

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: Hey, that's a hammer for Quidnose!

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Maybe it was paranoia. Maybe it was hunger, it could have even be sleep deprivation. For reasons we'll never really know, four of the trapped travelers circled around Quidnose.

"You don't understand," Quidnose said, "I'm trying to protect you! I can see... well, I can't explain it, exactly, but I'm helping! I want to make it out of here as much as anyone, my son needs my help!"

The circle closed in tighter until Quidnose's back was to the fireplace. "I'd tell your son the same thing I'll tell you right now," one of you says. Quidnose panics and tries to dart through the group, but he's quickly restrained. Not willing to take any chances, the group quickly brings Quidnose to the floor and an ornamental clockwork knickknack smashes across the back of his skull.

For a moment, there's only heavy breathing, and then one of you finishes your sentence.

"Only God can help you now."

Quidnose, Donna Ngwashi, Town Doctor was killed day four!

Actions!

Final Votecount for Day 4

Quidnose (4): Chili, mr.capps, Saith, Hal Incandenza
zzyzx (1): Anonymous
Chili (1): Quidnose

Not Voting (2): apostateCourier, zzyzx

With 7 alive, it's 4 votes to lynch. The current deadline is October 30th, 2014 at 10 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 0 minutes.

Somberbrero fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Oct 31, 2014

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Stumbling, barely upright, the half-frozen homeowner moves into the living room and collapses. You’re not sure how this could be possible, but you all rush to help him, grabbing some water and a blanket. However, whatever comfort you can provide is temporary. Uder’s wounds are too severe, there’s no way he’ll last the night, much less another hour.

As everyone settles down, you notice Saith is missing. There’s no clue as to where he could have gone. You can only presume he’s gone for good.

Saith, Bors Slavandrov, Town Tracker died night four.

There are, however, more pressing concerns. Saith may be dead, but five of you are still alive. You know the same won’t be true in an hour.

Yuming is allowed to post the thread today but does not have a vote!

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 5

Not Voting (5): apostateCourier, Chili, Hal Incandenza, mr.capps, zzyzx

With 5 alive, it's 3 votes to lynch. The current deadline is November 03rd, 2014 at 8 p.m. CST -- that's in about 3 days, 7 hours.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Open to discussing deadline, I know it's a busy weekend.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

yuming tell us everything you know about Chili!

I'll be honest, I really wasn't feeling Quid that much by the end of the day yesterday and I feel kind of bad about not trying harder to get it moved, but I also figured I was able to bring yuming back to life so she would provide more insight into Chili who was my most likely candidate.

Capps also bothers me, he seemed to just 100% buy into what Chili said the moment he said it which rubs me the wrong way.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Crap, I really thought it was Quid.

Hal Incandenza posted:

Capps also bothers me, he seemed to just 100% buy into what Chili said the moment he said it which rubs me the wrong way.

If Chili is scum he is playing really really well because he keeps making plays a scum would never make by calling attention to stuff that he is doing that is scummy. Like the whole mason thing is such a big thing he couldn't be making it up. And now yuming can confirm that.

It seems to me we have scum in one of the inventors. I doubt both of the remaining 2 scum are inventors though.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
The thing with Quid's death though and just the way this setup is that it is making me really doubt everything I thought about this game so I just don't loving know.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
guys, guys

mafia is frustrating

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

Hal Incandenza posted:

yuming tell us everything you know about Chili!

Yep, let's do that first.

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

I think apostate and Hal are town, so I'd focus on the other two today.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

mr.capps posted:

Crap, I really thought it was Quid.

If Chili is scum he is playing really really well because he keeps making plays a scum would never make by calling attention to stuff that he is doing that is scummy. Like the whole mason thing is such a big thing he couldn't be making it up. And now yuming can confirm that.

It seems to me we have scum in one of the inventors. I doubt both of the remaining 2 scum are inventors though.

One of the things zz handed out was a kill item. Poison.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

apostateCourier posted:

One of the things zz handed out was a kill item. Poison.

Wait really? Who ended up with that?

• Locked thread